Persistent Foundry Series: An idea by drkfrontiers

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So lets see...

What we know about the Undine

Species 8472 (Undine) Facts:

* "First contact" took place in 2373/4 with the U.S.S. Voyager
    * They have 5 sexes or more (think i'll try to avoid this)
    * Fluidic space is in or boarders the beta quadrant (Voy: Unimatrix Zero)
    * They were attacked in their space by an unknown faction from the milky way galaxy (Iconions)
    * They hunt the Gekli for sport
    * There is a religious cult called "Children of Fluidic Light" who see the Undine as gods.
    * They can now be assimialted
    * They communicate telepathically
    * They've lost contact with a Terrasphere in the gamma w/e sector block (Terradome)
    * The outpost that had the Iconion gate was attacked by the Federation/Klingon omega force (A light in the Dark)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll start working on maps in a place holder project and generating ideas based on the opening Story (or stories).

I might have to play around with the costume editor to see if it is possible to customize Borg drones at all, though I suspect it will not be.

Using the example for the moment:

The klingons lauch an offensive into Cardassian space. After sending a couple spheres to investigate, they begin assimilating an abandoned mining facitility with the intention of opening a new conduit into the Alpha Quadrant behind the distraction of the klingon offensive. Part way into the construction a damage Klingon ship happens upon the base looking to salvage parts to repair themselves and get back into the fight.

Could be played from the Klingon side looking for a lost ship or from the Federation side poking their nose into the conflict only to find more than they expected.

These are my first thoughts upon seeing the example story.

And this is exactly right.

Because we are limited to only two playable factions, one would write the borg storyline in the third person just as you described, as seen from the perspective of the faction the player finds himself in, namely UFP or Klingon.

But the story will still be told about what the Borg do, in this instance.
    edited February 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    So lets see...

What we know about the Undine

Species 8472 (Undine) Facts:

* They were attacked in their space by an unknown faction from the milky way galaxy (Iconions)
    * There is a religious cult called "Children of Fluidic Light" who see the Undine as gods.
    * They've lost contact with a Terrasphere in the gamma w/e sector block (Terradome)
    * The outpost that had the Iconion gate was attacked by the Federation/Klingon omega force (A light in the Dark)

These are awesome ideas. You've given me some ideas here for where the KDF story will start on :) Always wanted to do a Klingon mission around the Undine :)

Do you know of any movies or series covering this - Is "A light in the Dark" one of the episodes?
    edited February 2013
    These are awesome ideas. You've given me some ideas here for where the KDF story will start on :) Always wanted to do a Klingon mission around the Undine :)

Do you know of any movies or series covering this - Is "A light in the Dark" one of the episodes?

sorry brain isnt awake.. movies or series?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you read the MYRIAD BOOKS, they describe the Fluidic Space as being another Dimension WITHOUT various timelines and are now dying out because when one Undine leaves, a hundred if not thousand variants will return and they would have to compete for food stuffs.
    I thought it would be cool if Fluidic Space was a Dimension 'wedged' between us and the Mirror Universe and their very exsistence is a by-product of the Q Continuums Construction!? :eek: PSYCHE lol

Also, I dont think that the Fluidic Space is in or borders the Beta Quadrent, I think the Borg simply have scouts across the whole Galaxy monitoring for new rifts or Undine Beachheads... perhaps the Borg have detected one such beach head in the Alpha Quadrent, hence their increased attacks!? :eek: PSYCHE lol
    ...They could be the ones behind the Cardi Invasion!? Where is the real Chancellor?
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
    edited February 2013
    sorry brain isnt awake.. movies or series?

I think the series. The Television ones?
    edited February 2013
    If you read the MYRIAD BOOKS, they describe the Fluidic Space as being another Dimension WITHOUT various timelines and are now dying out because when one Undine leaves, a hundred if not thousand variants will return and they would have to compete for food stuffs.
    I thought it would be cool if Fluidic Space was a Dimension 'wedged' between us and the Mirror Universe and their very exsistence is a by-product of the Q Continuums Construction!? :eek: PSYCHE lol

Also, I dont think that the Fluidic Space is in or borders the Beta Quadrent, I think the Borg simply have scouts across the whole Galaxy monitoring for new rifts or Undine Beachheads... perhaps the Borg have detected one such beach head in the Alpha Quadrent, hence their increased attacks!? :eek: PSYCHE lol
    ...They could be the ones behind the Cardi Invasion!? Where is the real Chancellor?

yeah I read that too... bot for the life of me I cant remember where I read it.

The Undine dont have alternate realities... so when they recalled the undine they got undine from hundreds of realituies returning home... there was something about a torress generator stoping this if i remember correctly.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2013

What would be interesting to see is how the potential Borg author responds should he/ she choose to follow the Undine arc.

Quite and interesting story potential there. And if I remember correctly there is an assimilated Undine costume.
    edited February 2013
    What would be interesting to see is how the potential Borg author responds should he/ she choose to follow the Undine arc.

Quite and interesting story potential there. And if I remember correctly there is an assimilated Undine costume.

uhh I dont want to get stuck in a deadlock with the borg.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2013
    yeah I read that too... bot for the life of me I cant remember where I read it.

The Undine dont have alternate realities... so when they recalled the undine they got undine from hundreds of realituies returning home... there was something about a torress generator stoping this if i remember correctly.

I don't remember that bit, thought he Doctor becomes a vaste network across hundreds of hospitals and Kes is able to control her abilites because they transcend space-time, while other Kes's struggle she finds it easier like practise...anyways lol

I'm looking forward to the Borgs take on the Iconian Return!

OH OH; What are we going to call this series? Because I can mock up some Signatures. :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
    edited February 2013
    I don't remember that bit, thought he Doctor becomes a vaste network across hundreds of hospitals and Kes is able to control her abilites because they transcend space-time, while other Kes's struggle she finds it easier like practise...anyways lol

I'm looking forward to the Borgs take on the Iconian Return!

OH OH; What are we going to call this series? Because I can mock up some Signatures. :D

Dark Frontiers: [name]
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2013
    (Deleted Thread)
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited February 2013
    Might be worth a vote when the team is assembled!?

Dark Frontiers sounds good but seems a bit dark for Star Trek.

Darker Frontiers?

hmm I like it as it is but we can worry about that later...
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2013
    uhh I dont want to get stuck in a deadlock with the borg.

Sure thing mate - promise you have complete autonomy :)
    edited February 2013
    hmm I like it as it is but we can worry about that later...

I know, it grew on me, hence the Deleted Thread :o
    Sure thing mate - promise you have complete autonomy :)

Oh snap! :D ...that was pun intended right!?
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited February 2013
    I know, it grew on me, hence the Deleted Thread :o

Oh snap! :D

Thanks matey - my handle is drkfrontiers :)

For me Star Trek has always been about that distant, unknown and Dark Frontier. :)

But, I guess its being a bit selfish, so free to suggestions.
    edited February 2013
    Thanks matey - my handle is drkfrontiers :)

For me Star Trek has always been about that distant, unknown and Dark Frontier. :)

But, I guess its being a bit selfish, so free to suggestions.

hmm if you want dark dark.. switch me to the mirror universe and i'll set my goals on conquering our little ricky here :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • heissenburgheissenburg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Borg could only have one response to the Iconians: An all purpose push to assimilate that technology for themselves.

I could even see them pretending to offer alliances to various other factions as part of their own push towards that goal... I would particularly be interested to see how the Undine would respond to an offer of cooperation from the Borg in hunting down the mysterious Iconians that thought to use the might of Species 8471 as their tools. I don't imagine the Undine want anything to do with the Borg.

What I was currently thinking was this:

Borg episode 1: Starfleet or Klingons (personally I find the Borg offer a much better foil to Starfleet than to the Klingons with the Undine working the other way around, but that's for group discussion) stumble upon a small Borg outpost in the early stages of being assimilated (Similar to the Infected STF in theme but on a smaller scope). The player rescues some of the hero characters and at least one hero ship, but they find that the Borg assimilated data banks containing information about the Iconians or about recent Tholian activities.

Iconians - Borg ships have been dispatched to Romulan, undine, and potentially even Dominion territories looking for signs of Iconian technology which has survived recent encounters with the KDF and Starfleet. The player responds to a distress call from a small research outpost and arrives to find only a single missing person after a Borg attack (a crew member from one of the missions in which the player's faction destroyed an Iconian gateway). Another distress call leads them to a derelect Tal'Shiar ship which had fled a similar engagement. After tracking down the Borg ship in the area the player character is given an option to negotiate with the Borg for their cooperation in exchange for knowledge about the Iconians (which I don't imagine many players would agree too).

Tholians - Everything old is Borg: After learning about the Tholain incursians the Borg send a single probe to investigate the Azure Nebula looking for evidence of 29th century technology to assimilate and wander into a temporal anomoly. The player ship is tracking them and follows them back to TOS time. Would play out similarly to before only with the excuse of using TOS era interiors, costumes, and such.

Again these are all completely off the top of my head.

Right now the four biggest peices of "Borg Bait" I could see floating out in the universe are Iconian Technolgy, Time ships, finding a stable gate in the Mirror Universe, and Tholian databases on the temporal rifts/Mirror Universe/Time Ships.

I doubt the Tholians can be assimilated as of yet as well. Of all of those, it looks like the Romulans are more likely to have to deal with the Borg than the Undine (they have had Borg technology, Iconian gateways, Tholians in their space, temporal distortions in their space...)
    edited February 2013
    The Borg could only have one response to the Iconians: An all purpose push to assimilate that technology for themselves.

I could even see them pretending to offer alliances to various other factions as part of their own push towards that goal... I would particularly be interested to see how the Undine would respond to an offer of cooperation from the Borg in hunting down the mysterious Iconians that thought to use the might of Species 8471 as their tools. I don't imagine the Undine want anything to do with the Borg.

What I was currently thinking was this:

Borg episode 1: Starfleet or Klingons (personally I find the Borg offer a much better foil to Starfleet than to the Klingons with the Undine working the other way around, but that's for group discussion) stumble upon a small Borg outpost in the early stages of being assimilated (Similar to the Infected STF in theme but on a smaller scope). The player rescues some of the hero characters and at least one hero ship, but they find that the Borg assimilated data banks containing information about the Iconians or about recent Tholian activities.

Iconians - Borg ships have been dispatched to Romulan, undine, and potentially even Dominion territories looking for signs of Iconian technology which has survived recent encounters with the KDF and Starfleet. The player responds to a distress call from a small research outpost and arrives to find only a single missing person after a Borg attack (a crew member from one of the missions in which the player's faction destroyed an Iconian gateway). Another distress call leads them to a derelect Tal'Shiar ship which had fled a similar engagement. After tracking down the Borg ship in the area the player character is given an option to negotiate with the Borg for their cooperation in exchange for knowledge about the Iconians (which I don't imagine many players would agree too).

Tholians - Everything old is Borg: After learning about the Tholain incursians the Borg send a single probe to investigate the Azure Nebula looking for evidence of 29th century technology to assimilate and wander into a temporal anomoly. The player ship is tracking them and follows them back to TOS time. Would play out similarly to before only with the excuse of using TOS era interiors, costumes, and such.

Again these are all completely off the top of my head.

Right now the four biggest peices of "Borg Bait" I could see floating out in the universe are Iconian Technolgy, Time ships, finding a stable gate in the Mirror Universe, and Tholian databases on the temporal rifts/Mirror Universe/Time Ships.

I doubt the Tholians can be assimilated as of yet as well. Of all of those, it looks like the Romulans are more likely to have to deal with the Borg than the Undine (they have had Borg technology, Iconian gateways, Tholians in their space, temporal distortions in their space...)

Would you offer to take the reins of the Borg then :)
    edited February 2013
    hmm if you want dark dark.. switch me to the mirror universe and i'll set my goals on conquering our little ricky here :P

BRING IT ON!!!
    Dont mess with me!... I'm a Tribble on the edge!!

...wait... I think we have a mission title right there! :eek:

To me Star Trek was always the Frontier, not the Dark Frontier, but then I realised 'This is STO after all'...
    ... so even though this story is dark (Given its KDF invading the helpless Cardi's), I'm gonna be putting loads of adventure in mine :D
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited February 2013
    I had earlier on in the thread, I'm only concerned that I lack the experience as a foundry author to keep up with everyone else.

I don't have anything publshed yet and two projects in the works, I'll let the team here know when my first works are out for consideration (they aren't currently Borg related, though one of them is Part 1 of a story that would involve Borg if I made a Part 2 for it)... those missions wouldn't need to be part of this series, I was making those two to share with my fleet.
    edited February 2013
    I had earlier on in the thread, I'm only concerned that I lack the experience as a foundry author to keep up with everyone else.

I don't have anything publshed yet and two projects in the works, I'll let the team here know when my first works are out for consideration (they aren't currently Borg related, though one of them is Part 1 of a story that would involve Borg if I made a Part 2 for it)... those missions wouldn't need to be part of this series, I was making those two to share with my fleet.

Thanks matey. Please shout if ever you need assistance with anything ok.
    edited February 2013
    BRING IT ON!!!
    Dont mess with me!... I'm a Tribble on the edge!!

...wait... I think we have a mission title right there! :eek:

bla bla bla nvm i'll stay with the undine... till pew pew you though ricky :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2013
    bla bla bla nvm i'll stay with the undine... till pew pew you though ricky :P

If you like I'll send you my Character Costume Stats so you can have me die? lol
    I did that to a freind of mine, died when a pile of tribbles fell on him... they never found the body. :rolleyes:

Oh I had a funny thought, the ULTIMATE choice at the end of a mission for the Player to vote on;

Tactical Officer: Their about to fire the Trilithium Weapon, if they succeed...
    Player: All life in this system will be wiped out, can you target the Torpedo in time?
    Tactical Officer: I'll try. Their Firing.

-Fin-

The choice is yours, will the *** System be destroyed? Will the enemy ship escape?
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited February 2013
    I dunno yet.. lets see what dark does for the opening.. then i'll work on the Undine from there.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmm.... I guess I'll focus on the subterfuge aspect of the Romulans. Stealing data by hacking, remote surveillance, etc....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited February 2013
    If we wanted to can we use our custom races? instead of the borg,undine etc?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2013
    If we wanted to can we use our custom races? instead of the borg,undine etc?

Absolutely - makes for variety.
    edited February 2013
    Question inspired by banter in this thread... is there anyway to disguise a Spider or Targ as a tribble or mound of tribble?
    edited February 2013
    Question inspired by banter in this thread... is there anyway to disguise a Spider or Targ as a tribble or mound of tribble?

Unfortunately not. The one is an asset (tribble) and the other and NPC (spider)
This discussion has been closed.