test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

issues that need to be addressed before any NEW updates

fraktheworldfraktheworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I would like to point out some issues that i have noticed on my 4 toons that i think need to be addressed before any new updates or new Rep systems or anything else.....

(dont add new content if the existing content does not work the way it should...)

issue #1
when a death happens and you re spawn with a target selected and you boost without noticing that you have a target on and your ship fly's at full impulse at that target even though you may not want to fly at that target from that direction.... and guess what your dead because you cant turn left, right, up or down....

issue #2
when doing a mission like the gorn mine field or, kdf scout force, or any of the available missions that can be done every 20 hrs you finish the mission and 20 hrs later you can watch the timer go away and well guess what it is removed from your available missions for an up word of 14 days....

issue #3
when loading into ESD or the fleet star base and you load 1/2 in a wall or 1/2 way in the floor and you cant move because you are "stuck" and guess what the /stuck in chat switch does not work.... now you have to beam out and back in and some people this can take an up word of 20 min to do so....

issue #4
when doing STF's and you get low on HP and you are now about 14k away from the target now you go BOOM.. there was visually no torps on you nor nothing in range to shoot you.... after looking at your combat log it turns out you had an invisible torpedo kill you....

please people add your issues or elaborate on mine.... i think that these issues should be fixed ASAP as things should work as intended before adding new things that can cause more issues....
Life is what happens when your playing STO:D
Post edited by fraktheworld on

Comments

• haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to point out some issues that i have noticed on my 4 toons that i think need to be addressed before any new updates or new Rep systems or anything else.....

(dont add new content if the existing content does not work the way it should...)

issue #1
    when a death happens and you re spawn with a target selected and you boost without noticing that you have a target on and your ship fly's at full impulse at that target even though you may not want to fly at that target from that direction.... and guess what your dead because you cant turn left, right, up or down....

issue #2
    when doing a mission like the gorn mine field or, kdf scout force, or any of the available missions that can be done every 20 hrs you finish the mission and 20 hrs later you can watch the timer go away and well guess what it is removed from your available missions for an up word of 14 days....

issue #3
    when loading into ESD or the fleet star base and you load 1/2 in a wall or 1/2 way in the floor and you cant move because you are "stuck" and guess what the /stuck in chat switch does not work.... now you have to beam out and back in and some people this can take an up word of 20 min to do so....

issue #4
    when doing STF's and you get low on HP and you are now about 14k away from the target now you go BOOM.. there was visually no torps on you nor nothing in range to shoot you.... after looking at your combat log it turns out you had an invisible torpedo kill you....

please people add your issues or elaborate on mine.... i think that these issues should be fixed ASAP as things should work as intended before adding new things that can cause more issues....

issue #1 is definitely annoying. However, if you tap the (esc) key, you will unselect that target and can maneuver as normal. This is a work around, and not a bug fix. The bug should be fixed.

I have lag issues that I am assuming have something to do with the recent storm in NY, so I?ll gripe about those another day. (When you move forward but get pushed back as the game catches up to your input, numerous times, it gets a little frustrating)
  • towanitowani Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I agree.
    I'd be very happy to see S8 pushed back to have a S7.5 "Bug fixes and Improvements."
    Hi. Apparently I'm new here and joined in Jun 2012. Guess I'm in good company though... seems everyone else joined then too!
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was expecting a much longer list... ;)
    /Floozy
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Be nice if they finally put the Romulan capitol....in Romulan space.

(See sig below)

Especially with the rumored 'Sela' episode to be released "soon".
  • fraktheworldfraktheworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Be nice if they finally put the Romulan capitol....in Romulan space.

(See sig below)

Especially with the rumored 'Sela' episode to be released "soon".

hey the title said some issues not all of the issues....
    Life is what happens when your playing STO:D
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fix stuff?!? How does that make PWE money? ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    #1 and #4 both happened to me and are quite annoying.

I've never personally witnessed #3 but I've heard chatter of it happening. Taking 20 mins to beam up and back to ESD seems excessive and I'd suggest running a force verify from the launcher client.

#2 actually isn't a bug (at least from what I read in your description) -- those are daily fleet actions and they're randomly chosen. Thus it's possible that Klingon Scout Force just won't be the daily for sometimes two weeks. The PvP daily is the same way -- you may get arena, capture and hold, or war zone, but there's no guarantee you'll get a particular one tomorrow, or the day after that, or the day after that.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    towani wrote: »
    I agree.
    I'd be very happy to see S8 pushed back to have a S7.5 "Bug fixes and Improvements."

If they stopped updates/releases to fix bugs there would never be updates/releases. The bugs usually arise after updates/releases are made so things they fix may end up broken yet again. It shouldn't work that way but after 7 releases, we all know the routine.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    one of the list which has been around longer than i have (i think)...

KDF maurading boff costume uneditable! >=/

STILL!
    :(
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It would be really nice if the tau dewa Red Alert wasn't still almost completely broken after how many months now? Sometimes it seems like I'd have better odds with the lockboxes than not warping into a RA that's already over/failed.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fix stuff?!? How does that make PWE money? ;)

Because when things work correctly it makes people happy and happy people spend more. Some people refuse to spend money on something they know has problems and the people either don't fix it or it seems like it takes forever to be fixed.

I wish the world was like it once was with people taking pride in their work making things of better quality and fixing things that need fixing. Now all people seem to care about is making money not realizing you make more money with better quality of a product and showing good support for the product.