test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 7, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nuuuuu d/ced while trying my new Accx3 phaser dhcs and having an awesome pvp in which the d/c robbed me of my glory in combat. Dishonorable Cryptic!!!! lol. I want my STO back *sob sob*
  • Options
    lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any chance on being given a heads up the next time you guys decide to buff the borg?
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • Options
    rich45039rich45039 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok I have a silly question. I don't really notice much lag, unless I'm flying through a pool of plasma that some ship just dumped, or a bunch of ships have been hit by plasma torps. Prob my computer's graphic capabilities not being able to keep up. But I do wonder about these 2 big white streaks I'll see on some maps....those, whenever I see them cause my game to slow down something fierce! What are they supposed to be exactly anyways?! LOL
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's actually kinda sad that they need the shortcut to the engineer. Worse is considering that on Qo'nos, Q would only need to say "He's right behind you" since the NPC in question is basicly is, what, ten, fifteen feet away? With the the little icon floating over his head LIKE EVERY OTHER QUEST GRANTING NPC.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    s1conrads1conrad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lol I can't believe someone is complaining about balloon lag I have my settings at normal and don't have any lag, even with them spammed. I only have a problem with doorways being blocked by some of the extreme large balloons...

And really two hours of downtime for people who couldn't find the engineers... wow :eek:
  • Options
    wan5wan5 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So... 2 Hours downtime huh?

If you were to translate that from Dev time to regular persons time, how long should we be offline for?

(sorry couldnt help myself)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cubeageddon - You are the last hope. Find it in the Foundry!
    The Space Race - An alternate to PVP - In Foundry Now!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    The following has been added to today's release notes:
    General:

• The weapons attained in the episode Coliseum have been replaced with "Worn" versions, which cannot be sold to vendors.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    WHY did you nerf balloons? Come on. This isn't funny at all, and i like giant ones.

Edit:
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Most useless change ever. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you Brandon for letting us know that Cryptic finally fixed the worst issue in this game :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pdgunsalicepdgunsalice Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why is this happing all the time all they do is take it down and F it more the amount of time I have been logged out because it cant connect to server is unreal b4 they took the server down last time I had no issues now I do, fix it right 1st time round as this is getting a joke!!
  • Options
    rianlrianl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Everytime I log into the launcher there is ANOTHER new patch to be downloaded. And now you're telling me another one has to downloaded? I cannot keep this up on my Internet bill. Stop patching and fix the effing problems :(
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    The balloons do need to be rid of. To fix them, make them go away after a minute, maybe two minutes at the very most, but make them go away.

I concur.

But keep them big, that was really cool.
    edited February 2013
    I'd love to see, in a patch, a zone like New Romulus open up where there would be rare named spawns with placeholders that people could go in and kill for a while to get a chance at killing said named for a nice piece of loot. And there you have it... End-game content without the artificial time syncs :).
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cryptic should change their name to craptic because they never seem to get any major bugs out of the way and and ruin the fun for some of us by having some things in patches that nerf things that are fun like the balloon desizer in this patch
  • Options
    shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im so glad I wont be able to sell a already worthless sword. Oh wait, I wouldnt be able to sell it anyway, cause I would get disconnected before the sell went through.:P LOL Seriously, can we please get these Launcher and Disconnect issues fixed.
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Does this apply to the freebies when that part first starts or to all weapons received from the mission?
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    rianl wrote: »
    Everytime I log into the launcher there is ANOTHER new patch to be downloaded. And now you're telling me another one has to downloaded? I cannot keep this up on my Internet bill. Stop patching and fix the effing problems :(

...explain how to "fix the effing problems" without patching...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't know why people are complaining about the patches. I personally perfer to see a regular patch schedule. What I dislike is seeing a patch note manifest shorter than the rants about the patch.
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "worn" versions??? seems like some of the neverwinter crew have sneaked into the sto dept and started changing item descriptions......come on guys a "worn" item is sooooo un-trek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    a patch is a patch and its good to update. but isn't it one hour past when it was supposed to be done?
  • Options
    edited February 2013

General:

The weapons attained in the episode Coliseum have been replaced with "Worn" versions, which cannot be sold to vendors.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Stowiki made an entry about this mission in feb 2011. And your just making changes to that now?!

Holy christ does that mean we will have to wait till 2015 for a launcher patch?!

Cryptic staff... please familiarize yourselves with he following...

http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/priority

1 [countable]
    something that you think is more important than other things and should be dealt with first
    a high/low priority
    Education is a top priority.
    Our first priority is to improve standards.
    Financial security was high on his list of priorities.
    You need to get your priorities right (= decide what is important to you).
    (North American English) You need to get your priorities straight.

Or in this case, try fixing some thing that, you know are prohibiting some people from playing the game (launcher BS) or even the Cross fleet chat none sense, where i can read other fleets chat, even when not a member of their fleet?

Im sure if you polled it, editing a 2 year old mission wouldnt be on a list of things that needs to be fixed ASAP!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    melkelzedekmelkelzedek Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    so no real fixes then this week then ?

I agree, i have had gm help requests to fix all my pvp accolades which do not update... none of them update. The Gm says put in bug reports which I have done.... still nothing. Heard we were going to have reputation on the pvp system.... where does that leave me and any others whose pvp does not update? Please fix. Would make it worth my while to pvp more thats for sure. Without the updates I am wasting time doing pvp, I just happen to enjoy it.:confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    oh and this may be the wrong place for this but I read a while ago in ask cryptic that some one asked if there were going to be ground vehicles and dan said its to complicated........yet.....champions online now have them and all the heroes on that have travel powers so why need them, they would come in usefull on trek for large ground maps and open up a "pardon the pun" whole new world for foundry missions, come on guys if you can put vehicles in CO then you can put them in STO just as easily
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    melkelzedekmelkelzedek Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    a patch is a patch and its good to update. but isn't it one hour past when it was supposed to be done?

No, still have 58 minutes... but who is counting. srrss
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Aww how cute, this must be your first patch!

Welcome to Star Trek Online! Buy a master key!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    oh and this may be the wrong place for this but I read a while ago in ask cryptic that some one asked if there were going to be ground vehicles and dan said its to complicated........yet.....champions online now have them and all the heroes on that have travel powers so why need them, they would come in usefull on trek for large ground maps and open up a "pardon the pun" whole new world for foundry missions, come on guys if you can put vehicles in CO then you can put them in STO just as easily

oh and don't think heeeey might be a good idea for a lockbox prize..........just don't go there, c-store yes lockbox NOOOOOOOO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    losmartineslosmartines Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anything New about The Helmet issue on KDF Side?
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

i take it you missed there last 1 when they went like 1 hour and 45 mins over lol
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    wan5 wrote: »
    Aww how cute, this must be your first patch!

Welcome to Star Trek Online! Buy a master key!

just checked out your vid on you tube for the space race, awesome pal XD gonna ty that when servers are back up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The last few days i've been DCing like mad. Please tell me this is being addressed. Was fine before that.

Also all shields are currenly broke as regards to shield regen except regenerative's and plain jane versions. Not only do the broke ones not show a regen value under defense i also calculated my shield regen after taking damage and was getting 1/3 of what i should get. I'm saving these broke coviariant, resilient, special episode quest, etc shields in case this ever does get fixed.

Please look into both of these issues.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
This discussion has been closed.