test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 7, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited February 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, February 7th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so no real fixes then this week then ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would be nice to see a better version of the Ambassador Class ship, was hoping a fleet or C store version tomorrow.

Perhaps there will not be one :(
  • shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Its getting to be a real pain.:( Please fix these problems.;)
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    Would be nice to see a better version of the Ambassador Class ship, was hoping a fleet or C store version tomorrow.

Considering the Anniversary Event isn't even over, it is WAY too early for a C-store version of the ship to be released. I forget when the Odyssey was released in the C-store but it was definitely after the event was totally finished.
  • tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I gotta say I like the giant balloons... sad to see them go.
    They made my kids giggle when they saw them.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ah Geez. Forget the bloody balloons and people too lazy to look for Q and the mission engineer, fix the disconnect problems, it's happening so often it's making the game unplayable at the most inconvenient times
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • kchundakchunda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Ah Geez. Forget the bloody balloons and people too lazy to look for Q and the mission engineer, fix the disconnect problems, it's happening so often it's making the game unplayable at the most inconvenient times

Word, got randomly disconnected 2 seconds into ISE - lucky to get back in after about a minute.

But the balloons - fix right away!!!!
    Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    kchunda wrote: »
    Word, got randomly disconnected 2 seconds into ISE - lucky to get back in after about a minute.

But the balloons - fix right away!!!!

And the 1 hit Borg invis torps that deal 100k damage STILL need to be fixed.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was gonna post a thread about how pleased i was with both the Komarag and ambassador classes.
    But for some reason im not allowed to make new threads...why?:confused:
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The balloons do need to be rid of. To fix them, make them go away after a minute, maybe two minutes at the very most, but make them go away.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nooo! not the balloons!! :(

I thought they were fun
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How about small ballons that pop into confetti after a couple seconds
  • shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ughh, reinstalled and still getting launcher and server disconnects!!!!!!!:( Tried everthing, even pinging diff sites. The only site i had issues with was cryptic. Traceroute came out good though.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    How about small balloons that pop into confetti after a couple seconds
    That would work perfectly. Do that with ALL the balloons, not just the small one, ALL of them! The sheer amount of balloons piling up in Drozana, Bajor, DS9, ESD, you name it, it lags me to the point of disconnecting me.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • hitherowhitherow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »

It took them a month or so to come out with the C-Store version of the Odyssey and that came with a bundle for 5k. give them time. Stahl said something about a Fleet Version coming in the future. No definitive date.

Also.. it'd be nice to figure out the server problems. it's like a rolling black out. I, myself just got struck with it and have been able to get back in >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic Join Date: March 2010
    "We will not go quietly into the night" ~Independence Day
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow.. seriously Crypic, this is it??? You calling this a patch???
  • karatrillkaratrill Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Only last 2 hours. You reckon? We'll see.

Other than that skeptisism, I agree with the sane people here. Get -- rid -- of -- the -- stupid -- balloons. They are a cool idea in a game that consists of a sane and sensible player base but, unfortunately, that game does not exist. Every game, STO being no exception, has a large percentage of morons, 'tards, and general idiots that spoil it for everyone else in any way they can. The way they can right now is with the balloon gun. Take that away from them and everyone can enjoy the game, not the grief. After all, isn't the game the reason that most of us log in?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Clarification question; when you say 'Add Q to the Academies', do you mean move him from ESD/First City to the Academies or make a 'second' Q at the Academies?

Either way, I'll probably thank you for it. It was getting annoying going to Sol/Qro'nos, then to ESD/First City, then the respective Academies, then back to ESD/First City for the Present Patrol. Cutting out half the run-around to get and turn in the mission will make it more worth doing. (Hey, it's already given me a reason to do the Path to 2508 stuff again since I'm at the Academies anyway, so that's good.)

For the record, I enjoy "Temporal Ambassador" and how it fills in some of the gaps with "Yesterday's Enterprise" and the alternate Tasha.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • brucebleobrucebleo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Giant Balloons gone????

*sucks in breath*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*sobs quietly in a corner*

You broke my fun!!!! :(
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Those are really important problems, far more important than the tholian red alert. I am glad they will be fixed.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Q will now provide a short-cut contact to the engineer giving the anniversary episode."

:confused: Are you telling me that someone actually had a problem finding the engineers? :eek:
    But, how do you expect someone like that to even finish the mission?....scrap that, how do the log-on to STO?? :eek:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This "patch" just baffels the mind. How can anyone not find Q at ESD or Kronos?? It's not exactly hard to find him or the engineer at all...

My head almost imploded :eek: that this is actually something even worth taking the servers down for, I mean REALLY??? :confused::confused:
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    karatrill wrote: »
    Only last 2 hours. You reckon? We'll see.

Other than that skeptisism, I agree with the sane people here. Get -- rid -- of -- the -- stupid -- balloons. They are a cool idea in a game that consists of a sane and sensible player base but, unfortunately, that game does not exist. Every game, STO being no exception, has a large percentage of morons, 'tards, and general idiots that spoil it for everyone else in any way they can. The way they can right now is with the balloon gun. Take that away from them and everyone can enjoy the game, not the grief. After all, isn't the game the reason that most of us log in?

Everyone but those who enjoy the balloons.

Turn your physics low if you don't want to see balloons. I had my setting low, and I never saw any. In fact, at first I thought my popper was broken. I now run with a 100 setting.

It's sad that Cryptic listened to the minority of whiners who couldn't figure out how to change one setting. Damn RPers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    That would work perfectly. Do that with ALL the balloons, not just the small one, ALL of them! The sheer amount of balloons piling up in Drozana, Bajor, DS9, ESD, you name it, it lags me to the point of disconnecting me.

Turn down physics and it should not draw most of the balloons. I have never been disconnected by balloon spam. Sounds like another issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Was hoping you'd fix it so that Q could morph us again, great fun. Glad to hear the balloons are getting fixed, love them but they're OTT right now. How anyone has a problem moving between Q and the engineer I dont understand. ESD to the academy and back is also so damn simple that anyone who plays STO should be able to do it in there sleep... (imho)
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    brucebleo wrote: »
    Giant Balloons gone????

*sucks in breath*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*sobs quietly in a corner*

You broke my fun!!!! :(

Exactly! I guess we wee having too much fun with them that they felt the need to take them away. :(
  • michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »
    Everyone but those who enjoy the balloons.

Turn your physics low if you don't want to see balloons. I had my setting low, and I never saw any. In fact, at first I thought my popper was broken. I now run with a 100 setting.

It's sad that Cryptic listened to the minority of whiners who couldn't figure out how to change one setting. Damn RPers.

I said this in an earlier post just after the problems started and I guess I'll have to repeat it.

Why should I have to alter my settings and detract from my gameplay just to satisfy a bunch of morons who can't control a childish urge to swamp the game with idiotic balloons. My graphics are set to normal gameplay and that is how they should be able to stay. They worked perfectly well prior to the advent of the balloon gun which, I might add, serves no purpose other than to satisfy the childish desires of griefers, those 'tards who seem to revel in causing arguments in chat and attempting to fill essential rooms, like the bank, etc, with balloons.

Incidentally, this is a MMORPG. You realize that RPG stands for Role Playing Game, right? Thus, your denigration of role players is rather idiotic in itself, isn't it? Role Playing Games are designed for RP'ers.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They can't help themseves. They are so used to "nerfing" things that it has carried over to the ballons. Next week's Patch will nerf TRIBBLE.

BTW......Did I miss something? Thought Event was ending today?
  • tatebobtatebob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    so no real fixes then this week then ?
    I just hope that they break the servers again like last week. I have too much to do this week so not being able to play would be a great help. Fingers crossed.
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Patchnotes are getting smaller and smaller in the recent weeks and it's not like that there aren't any bugs to fix, in fact it's quite the opposite. The purple Romulan Bridge Officers for example are still less useful then the rare blue ones and the female rare tactical officer is worse than the male one, and of course there is this tiny issue with the embassy tailor which isn't a tailor at all but in fact just a console which offers a uniform which we ALREADY HAVE.
This discussion has been closed.