test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 2, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited February 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tonight midnight PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 1 hour. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really love being Stable...

That is, when I'm not being Un-Stable...

Can one Stabilize oneself, when one is Fun-damentally Un-Stable?

Sometimes when I'm Un-Stable...,

I'm Un-der the Table.

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I really love being Stable...
    Little does Cryptic know that I have a voodoo doll of their servers. I love sticking it with 20 or so needles around major patches/events...
    edited February 2013
    Little does Cryptic know that I have a voodoo doll of their servers. I love sticking it with 20 or so needles around major patches/events...

Only Twenty?
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Only Twenty?
    Considering you only need one to cause considerable pain. And the fact that I have money in this game, I don't want to kill it.
    edited February 2013
    Considering you only need one to cause considerable pain. And the fact that I have money in this game, I don't want to kill it.

In that case...

Use a Nail. :D
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Voodoo has finally gone virtual eh.. Lucky I got that voodoo proof case.

Hm, I should probably go see if the ambassador mission is cooled down before maintenance.
    signwidrona.png
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm hoping this patch fixes the Temporal Ambassador mission which has locked itself into what I call "The Groundhog Bug" ... kind of appropriate name given the nature of the mission.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That translates to about 3:00 am for me. Too bad ... I really need that haircut.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • captainstevensoncaptainstevenson Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Then why don't you go get that haircut. Also at the very least its in the middle of the night so we don't have to wait for 5 hours to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trampyjoetrampyjoe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    soo A few hours server maintenance on monday so I didn't bother logging in.

The other day there was an event launch and I wanted to play. Nope, server maintenance delayed the event. Not to worry, I'll do something else - it was early afternoon so I had many options. When I did eventually get on it was like playing on a powerpoint. Nevermind eh, it's an event after all.

9:30pm last night I wanted to play (not unreasonable for a friday night) but no, server reset for half hour. Nevermind, probably lots of people hitting the servers hard and they need looking after which isn't unreasonable.

Saturday morning, daughter has woken me early (dammit!) so I log on early to try and get some play in before the wife wakes up but no, I'm restricted because there is going to be server maintenance in little over an hour.

Tell me something Cryptic, is my wife paying you to stop me playing?
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will Cryptic learn from this for the Fourth anniversary? If STO's still going by then :P:o
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok, so let me get this straight, last night you said you'd have the servers down for two hours and kept us waiting for five hours, now you want to have the servers down for maintenance for two hours again? Are you trying to annoy people? Customers don't pay to be jerked around. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here at cryptic we take great pains to go out of our why to create new and exciting bugs. Everything is working as intended please don't send bug reports as there go to a e-mail that we lost the password to 3 years ago.

=/\=Beers=/\=

branflops:D
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I'm guessing somebody forgot to accommodate for the stress the server would be under with so many temporal paradoxes forming from the new mission... They should go back to the academy and resit their temporal mechanics class!
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • grogglesgroggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is getting annoying. get it right the first time!. Trust me, Its better that way. Less head aches and less cranky patrons (like myself).:D
  • paneth48paneth48 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Must be an emergancy, because no mmo in their right mind would do maintenance on a weekend unless there was no other choice. I mean who wants to annoy their customers to the point of just quitting when their new Mmo is just around the corner?

Glad I'm not in your guys shoes! Good luck finding the problem! =)
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How many times does this make it this week?

This is annoying if your having this much problems go out get another server divide up the F2Ps such as a global 1 and global 2 server this would reduce load volume.

This has been one if not the most annoying thing ive ever been through and im married so i know what being annoyed to the brink of insanity is.:mad:
  • burningstarburningstar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    I'm hoping this patch fixes the Temporal Ambassador mission which has locked itself into what I call "The Groundhog Bug" ... kind of appropriate name given the nature of the mission.

if you dont skip cutscenes etc, alt+tab away of game, it wont do it, also you cant team up during the mission, or it dont flag complete.
  • darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    paneth48 wrote: »
    Must be an emergancy, because no mmo in their right mind would do maintenance on a weekend unless there was no other choice. I mean who wants to annoy their customers to the point of just quitting when their new Mmo is just around the corner?

Glad I'm not in your guys shoes! Good luck finding the problem! =)

Nothing but maintenance this week, day after day. Hopefully when they say an hour, they will actually mean it this time. :rolleyes:
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • mugombie1mugombie1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    one thing that makes me happy about this
    There are a few devs, PDQC, and IT guys doing this right now. Their Friday night is ruined :D
  • solak42bwsolak42bw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What Maint are they doing now? I mean they had us patch earlier today, and then did a Emergency Server Restart?? But now what?
  • oddloveoddlove Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Where I can find maintance schedule?
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think i'm about to use 3000 needles on them...this starting to get old this week.....3 year anniversary? kinda getting to be a joke lol....they can't keep the servers up long enough for anyone to even begin to finish the dang quests for the new ship lo
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mugombie1 wrote: »
    one thing that makes me happy about this
    There are a few devs, PDQC, and IT guys doing this right now. Their Friday night is ruined :D

i hope so, they about ruined MY friday night....i suppose they have to feed the dang tribbles on the hamsterwheel again this week lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
    edited February 2013
    solak42bw wrote: »
    What Maint are they doing now? I mean they had us patch earlier today, and then did a Emergency Server Restart?? But now what?

Fixing something else they have broken with the last downtime I suspect.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I already think at the next maintenance later today :D
    edited February 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    I already think at the next maintenance later today :D

That will probably be at around 2pm GMT. :(
  • spectre80spectre80 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    CRYPTIC wat are u doing? CRYPTIC stahp! regards: uncle dolan.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just finished the new mission and I loved it. Nicely done cryptic. There is just one problem. I can't be certain, but I think I am stuck in a temporal loop. I could have sworn I've seen these patch notes once before. I don't suppose anyone is willing to loan me their wells class [Temporal loop detector Mk XII] :D.

In all seriousness good luck with the maintenance Cryptic. Thanks for the hard work put into the 3rd Anniversary, the new episode, and maintaining the servers.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
This discussion has been closed.