test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you, Denise Crosby-Thread

Comments

• dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gstamo01 wrote: »
    Nowhere in my postings here did I say it wasn't nice to of had her as a hired voice actor. The original comment made was that it's silly to give thanks for a service she was paid for. Like I said, I'll give thanks to Cryptic and PWE for seeking out and enlisting her voice, over blindly thanking her for allowing them to pay her for a service rendered.

Some of you guys talk like she is some big star or something. She's not. She is a 55 yr old two bit actress that thought she was better than those with better foresight to have seen that they were actors in something that was bigger than all of them.

I'm glad Cryptic added a little TNG flavor. I'm just not such a fan boy that I would have created an entire thread to thank a paid actor for doing their job. Especially when I know that paid actor will never even see it.

No one said you had to agree, but if you don't like it, then don't participate in the damn thread. This is the real problem with society, people lile you meet someone with a differing opinion on something, and instead of accepting that they don't agree with you and moving on, you try to ram your freaking ideals down their throats. I get paid to deploy to combat, but I don't insult people when they thank me for my service. It goes back to what most people's mothers used to say. If you can't say anything nice, then STFU. I think the real problem here is that someone is getting a little praise, and it's not you.
  • aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gstamo01 wrote: »
    haha no. This whole things kind of gotten a bit out of hand.

So you were just brought up to be rude and mean?
  • captaindsterlingcaptaindsterling Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely a big "thank you" to Ms. Crosby for bringing us one more adventure with Tasha Yar.:D
  • cordy38cordy38 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It was fantastic hearing her play the part again. So a big 'Thank You' from me :)
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Include my thanks to her as well. It's great to see more voice acting in the game and great that she got to do Tasha again. The fact that she also did some acting for Sela as well is amazing and I can not wait for Season 8 to get that!
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agreed, she did a damn fine job and it was nice having Tasha be part of my crew temporarily, in an alternate universe, in a video game.

:confused:

I think I just broke part of my brain.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds like a few folks around here are jealous they didn't think to invite Her to their prom...

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Sounds like a few folks around here are jealous they didn't think to invite Her to their prom...

:P

Would be so cool if she went through with that. Just imagine the guys face when she turns up on his doorstep :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited February 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Would be so cool if she went through with that. Just imagine the guys face when she turns up on his doorstep :D

He better have a Really Nice Corsage ready and waiting, just in case. <chuckle>
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • user839020189287user839020189287 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dm19delta wrote: »
    No one said you had to agree, but if you don't like it, then don't participate in the damn thread.

Freedom of speech is a cornerstone of democracy as much as is the freedom to dissent.

We don't have to like what others are saying and that person did have the right to express their opinion whether it was good or bad.

For the record, I still maintain that I found the VO to be weak but I do not condone attacks of a personal nature and was sad to see that happen.

Unlike some other actors, Denise Crosby is quite committed to engaging her fanbase and I find that to be very commendable as well as quite refreshing in this day and age.

Hope to see more of her in the future.
    "Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
    Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great job to everyone involved! Thank You Denise!
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ya know, I just played through the scenario for the first time and I want to thank everyone involved, with a special thanks to Denise Crosby (yeah, she got paid for her time, so what?) and IMHO it was FUN...

And for all you whiners here, you need to learn to think about others, rather than just yourselves, (yeah, yeah, I know...freedom of speech and all) and get your collective heads (resistence is futile, you will be assimilated) out of your backsides...she could have told Cryptic to take a hike...the devs didn't have to develop this for their players, and if you don't like an issue a thread is about, then just stay out of it...

...and that's my freedom of speech...:P
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I Would like to get a shout out to Armus ,who without him this could not have been possible.

And thank you Denise Crosby for sacrificing yourself to help Frodo live in the end of deep Impact, and for doing a great job in STO. :)
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2013
    Ya know, I just played through the scenario for the first time and I want to thank everyone involved, with a special thanks to Denise Crosby (yeah, she got paid for her time, so what?) and IMHO it was FUN...

And for all you whiners here, you need to learn to think about others, rather than just yourselves, (yeah, yeah, I know...freedom of speech and all) and get your collective heads (resistence is futile, you will be assimilated) out of your backsides...she could have told Cryptic to take a hike...the devs didn't have to develop this for their players, and if you don't like an issue a thread is about, then just stay out of it...

...and that's my freedom of speech...:P

Funny when someone has a counter-viewpoint then all of a sudden they are a whiner...

Guess most of the postings on the whole STO forums constitute as whining by your logic.

Derogatory inferences really do denote maturity and by default, promote healthy as well as polite discourse.

You sure schooled them whiners!

/golfclap

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Freedom of speech is a cornerstone of democracy as much as is the freedom to dissent.

Oh shut up. You're being a pain and you know it. That's why the other players have been on your case. Not because they hate your freedoms. Grow up.
    <3
    edited February 2013
    I guess I'll never understand the the enjoyment one gets out of 'Raining on Someone Else's Parade'...

The subject at hand was to be a respectful endorsement of the efforts of the Folks that brought us this mission and show ones gratitude for those efforts.

How does this equate to the disparagement of those same Folks and the criticism of their talents??
    edited February 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    blah blah blah

Sensitive much?

My "freedom of speech" post was directed to the right individual and to remind him what his oath of enlistment, in part, was about.

Like him, I was in the same branch of service and even spent time where he is now. 4 years in the First Team.

We both pledged to support and defend the Constitution of which said freedoms emanate.

Yeah, I believe in the freedom of speech... so say what you want because I will exercise my right to do the same.

So I thought that Denise's VO sucked, oh well. Am sure she will do better next time. Life goes on.

• lictorevorlictorevor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Very pleased to have an actor help with an Appearance, almost the same effect as showing up at a fan convention :)
  • qrtrmstrqrtrmstr Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Play or not, it was awesome that you decided to lend your voice talents to the character likeness of your character. It must have been difficult seeing the crew go on for several more years after they killed off Tasha Yar. Though it did make room for the Warf characters development, it's a shame Tasha didn't move to astrometric or something. I don't see Patrick Stewart or Jonathan Frakes stepping up to voice-act any characters. So a very heartfelt and humbled player is grateful for your efforts.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not to detract from the topic, but you know what's really funny about people making Freedom of Speech references.

You don't have a right to freedom of speech on a private forum.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If your post is along the lines of:

"I have a sandwhich, how can you be hungry!?" Then you might want to rethink it.

Thank You for doing the VO and reprising your Tasha Yar Character for STO Denise.

I hope to see more of your work here soon.
  • dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sensitive much?

My "freedom of speech" post was directed to the right individual and to remind him what his oath of enlistment, in part, was about.

Like him, I was in the same branch of service and even spent time where he is now. 4 years in the First Team.

We both pledged to support and defend the Constitution of which said freedoms emanate.

Yeah, I believe in the freedom of speech... so say what you want because I will exercise my right to do the same.

So I thought that Denise's VO sucked, oh well. Am sure she will do better next time. Life goes on.

There is a fine line between exercising freedom of speech and being a jerk, and that guy was dancing on the other side of that line shouting, "Ima jerk, Ima jerk!" You for example simply stated that you didn't like the voice over work, which is perfectly fine. That guy came on a thread that was set up to thank Denise Crosby for her work, thread jacked it, and started being a jerk. No one said the guy couldn't set up his own "I hate you Denise Crosby thread", that is perfectly within his rights, although I doubt it is in line with the forum rules. It comes down to a matter of simple respect for others. It's one thing to dissent and disagree, it's a completely different issue to be insulting. Yea, he's well within his right to freedom of speech, but what he's doing is not much different from what the Westboro Baptist Church does, who is also within their 1st Amendment rights. I'm done, I'm going back to my hole now.
    edited February 2013
    Freedom of speech ended when you jump on a privately owned forum, in which you agreed that PWE can edit or remove any content they deemed inappropriate for their forums, so please spare me the whole I have rights speech because you don't have any in here.

Anywho Great job on STO Denise Crosby, can't wait for you to come back.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Freedom of speech ended when you jump on a privately owned forum, in which you agreed that PWE can edit or remove any content they deemed inappropriate for their forums, so please spare me the whole I have rights speech because you don't have any in here.

Anywho Great job on STO Denise Crosby, can't wait for you to come back.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Well put.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was waiting for someone to say that. Well put.

But I already did :(
    edited February 2013
    dm19delta wrote: »
    There is a fine line between exercising freedom of speech and being a jerk, and that guy was dancing on the other side of that line shouting, "Ima jerk, Ima jerk!" You for example simply stated that you didn't like the voice over work, which is perfectly fine. That guy came on a thread that was set up to thank Denise Crosby for her work, thread jacked it, and started being a jerk. No one said the guy couldn't set up his own "I hate you Denise Crosby thread", that is perfectly within his rights, although I doubt it is in line with the forum rules. It comes down to a matter of simple respect for others. It's one thing to dissent and disagree, it's a completely different issue to be insulting. Yea, he's well within his right to freedom of speech, but what he's doing is not much different from what the Westboro Baptist Church does, who is also within their 1st Amendment rights. I'm done, I'm going back to my hole now.

I concur with said poster being an TRIBBLE.

His last comments were hateful and not something I would stand by nor care to see in any discussion.

Yeah, sadly, those Westboro ****ers can exercise their freedoms to say what they will but we also earned the right to punch them in the ****ing mouth if we disagree with what they are saying. That last bit said in "Generation Kill" is classic... even though they were Marines. ;)

Thanks for responding.

Charlie Mike.

As for the rest of the posters with regards to what I said, this is definitely not my first rodeo. Am a gamer who's been at it since Pong and am more than well aware what Terms of Service are.

If y'all noticed my earlier post was addressed very specifically so if the shoe don't fit... just keep walking on. Nothing to rubber-neck here.

Good day.

edited February 2013

If y'all noticed my earlier post was addressed very specifically so if the shoe don't fit... just keep walking on. Nothing to rubber-neck here.

Good day.

Sorry but it's the Internet..It's everyone's business:D.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Sorry but it's the Internet..It's everyone's business:D.

LOL. Yup. Was waiting for that... ;)

• roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    But I already did :(

Hate it when I miss a post. :P