test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you, Denise Crosby-Thread

roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
I've been looking through the forums and I haven't seen a threat like this so putting one up. I thought it would be cool if everyone just took a second and posted a "thank you" note to Denise Crosby (and the Cryptic crew) for making this 3rd anniversary so awesome! I know she doesn't play but I think a small shout-out is the least we could do.

Thank you! :D
Post edited by roamingmutt on

Comments

• dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Never know maybe shes hideing the fact that she DOES play...:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    +1 /signed

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Many thanks. She did a good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • canadianmetalfancanadianmetalfan Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree, I thought she did well... The event had some authenticity to it... It was much more enjoyable than the 2nd anniversary event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ODYSSEY SCIENCE CRUISER - U.S.S. MAIDEN TORONTO NX-971312-B
    VESTA MULTI-MISSION SURVEILLANCE EXPLORER - U.S.S. HOPE IN HELL NX-902013-A
  • tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you Denise Crosby! ^_^ It made the mission a lot more enjoyable to have a memorable voice from the TNG crew in it.
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • ferowsiferowsi Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes! Thank you!
  • gr8captaingr8captain Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank You, for taking time to do this special thing for us Trekkies.
    You Klingon TRIBBLE You Killed My Son.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was a little sad that it was so short because i really liked what they'd done here.

Thank you as well, and here's hoping she comes back as Sela later on
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It was unfortunate that Tasha Yar was never really developed, for whatever reasons.

Anywho, Yay Denise!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you!
    I was so sad when Tasha got killed off early in TNG.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure she was paid but nonetheless it was very nice of her to take the job.

I will say that by the second forcefield on the ramp toward the Enterprise I wanted to backhand Tasha Yar though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Looking forward to our next meeting with Sela now...
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Perfectly in character, voice wise. The last bit with the force-fields was excessive, I'm glad Callisto torqued her over it.

Other than that, It is my sincere wish that she be invited back again.
  • intrepidfox03intrepidfox03 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    +1 Great episode and VO.
  • nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you Denise and the Cryptic crew who worked on this. The mission was fun, and the ship is pretty good. Everyone who worked on this did an excellent job.

Thank you all
    It's always great when a Trek alumnus can return to voice their character. We've been told she's doing work as Sela as well, so hopefully this leads to more awesomeness come May. Though I do wonder if she recorded a line for Cutting the Cord. I hope more Trek actors get to come back for this sort of thing.
  • landonkentlandonkent Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great job loved the mission!
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I doubt that Ms. Crosby will see it, but I am happy to say 'thanks' as well. (^__^)

Thank you as well, and here's hoping she comes back as Sela later on

Well, the infographic on the main page says that she voiced Tasha and Sela. Since Sela was not in this mission, she must be coming around some time soon.
  • whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fantastic mission. Many thanks to all involved, from the Dev team to Ms. Crosby.
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Crosby did a most excellent job with the VO - make me want to rewatch all the early episodes of TNG again just for Tasha Yar ;)
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fantastic mission. Many thanks to all involved, from the Dev team to Ms. Crosby.
    Absolutely agreed, i love that mission and especially the voiceover.
    Please Cryptic give us more missions with the quality like this.

I absolutely hate the Galaxy class BOFF & Console layout.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • crunch2600crunch2600 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, it was definitely awesome.
  • roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was a little sad that it was so short because i really liked what they'd done here.

You are so right. It's kind of like Yesterday's Enterprise. A great episode but would have made an even better story arch.
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you Denise, that was awesome of you to do that for us.

And thanks to everyone else involved... that has to have been my favourite ep to date (barring the actual TNG series hehe...) Really enjoyable. Thanks so much.
    Thank you Denise. great job

It sounds like we will be hearing her again as they suggest she is voicing sela as well.

also congrats on making it through an episode without dying. :P
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sumghai wrote: »
    Crosby did a most excellent job with the VO - make me want to rewatch all the early episodes of TNG again just for Tasha Yar ;)

I agree, best VO work in this game so far. Giving Tasha so much varience in emotion with her dialogue really made it feel like we were watching TNG again.

Not sure what dialogue she did with Sela, but I look forward to hearing it.
  • helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Denise, I really enjoyed the part you played in making our third anniversary of this game so special.

And a shout out to all the other voice actors who helped make it so special as well. We really appreciate you guys.
  • streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Denise, come back soon!
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It was great to have an actual TNG cast member do the voice over in that mission. And it was quite a mission :D

Also, this isn't the last we will hear from Denise Crosby, as remember, we were told she was voicing Sela as well!!!!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I always thought Tasha was a better security chief than Worf. Thank you for doing these lines. Usually I just skip the audio readings as I read them faster, but in this case, I let the actors talk and it really felt like being in Trek. I look forward to finding those Sela lines.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'