test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Restart - 2/1/13 (1:30PM PST - 2PM PST)

Comments

• meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Make sure to patch up Tribble while Holodeck is down -- jump in-game on Tribble and head to Drozana. EP Daniel Stahl will be doing a special Anniversary Q&A! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Patching up Tribble now... I hope the Q&A will be posted (in full) for those of us who may not see it in time.

EDIT: And on a completely unrelated note, this was apparently my #666th post in "Forums 2.0" :)
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Funny that anything 'star trek' and 'reboot' are becoming synonymous with each other.

:D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    meurik wrote: »
    Patching up Tribble now... I hope the Q&A will be posted (in full) for those of us who may not see it in time.

Agreed - please post a transcript! :)
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How do you get on the test server?
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will there be cake:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    katanic123 wrote: »
    Thank you for giving the GMT

Ninja'd :P
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • ewilpwnyewilpwny Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks, time for some nutritional supplement
    See you in space :D
    Seruk@HoodedSandman
  • mariothebrosmariothebros Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    treking2 wrote: »
    Most likely, the "emergency" is that the devs did not anticipate the lag that 10,000 balloons on ESD could cause.

Make balloons last for only 3 seconds, perhaps? And limitation of 1 balloon per person - don't ask for more :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Agreed - please post a transcript! :)

I'm posting this from my phone, so I can't get in-game, but I've asked a few to send me the chat text so I can parse through it and try and pull out the answers. If anyone else does, feel free to PM me and I can credit you when posted.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As a ATI card user, I don't have any lag probs caused by Balloons. I checked a cpl of ppl and all of them have a nVidea card....

:confused:
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It says I have no characters in STO to transfer to Tribble!?

Probably because the shard is down.

So much for Drozana, I'll be catching up in SWTOR instead.
  • howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How do you get on the test server?

Sounds like a question from a Dev. ;)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
  • easytiger79easytiger79 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    FFS

So I've just came back to STO this week. I've not complained thus far about all the downtimes, even when EVERY time I've tried to log-in the week either the launcher was down or maintenance was going on.

It's Friday night and was hoping to get some time on but AGAIN the game is down. This is beyond ridiculous now, seriously.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is this really all because of the party poppers? Wow. I was online a few hours ago and wasn't having any problems with the amount being spammed on ESD.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm posting this from my phone, so I can't get in-game, but I've asked a few to send me the chat text so I can parse through it and try and pull out the answers. If anyone else does, feel free to PM me and I can credit you when posted.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks. Will it be posted here, or in another thread?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Make sure to patch up Tribble while Holodeck is down -- jump in-game on Tribble and head to Drozana. EP Daniel Stahl will be doing a special Anniversary Q&A! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Won't let us logon.... Server is timing out.:mad:
  • aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    What is that? FOUR times this week?

Three times today! (I think - 2 at least!)

I rejoined the paying subs a couple of days ago... Starting to regret it! LOL!
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh...looks like the tribble powering the wheel that makes the sto server work ate too much again - off to the vets to get its stomach pumped, eh?

Maybe its time to upgrade to Targ inside? :D
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will somebody be taking notes for the rest of us who may not be able to make it or are not willing to face the balloon spam?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    brickyard wrote: »
    As a ATI card user, I don't have any lag probs caused by Balloons. I checked a cpl of ppl and all of them have a nVidea card....

:confused:

Ever notice the banner on the bottom of the home page suggesting NVidia is the card to play on, yet the card with the most issues? Just sayin' ...
  • harryesredharryesred Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It says I have no characters in STO to transfer to Tribble!?

Probably because the shard is down.

So much for Drozana, I'll be catching up in SWTOR instead.

yo im masterharrison of the shadowlands guild galactic republic so come on and join us
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Heh, cant even log on for tribble :) Well good news is that TNG episode "disaster" is on in 10minutes :)
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    They just need to disable them they were fun at first now they are annoying and as many have stated causes to much lag.

If everyone would reduce the number of physics object in the options menu from default 100 to zero the balloons forums spam would be zero from 100 ,but for that you need people who actually know how to use a PC and complain less.
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited February 2013
    if balloons give u lag then u need a new pc
  • saifaldinsaifaldin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Totally stupid idea to restart during a Mirror Incursion.
    I was waiting all day for that event so I could make RA lower.
    You could not wait until 2:10 or 2:15?

NOT very happy right now. :mad:
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This Anniversary sure does rekindle the memories of the past 3 years.

The new episode was okay. Different and interesting but was way too short. You put so much effort and time into the new maps - tholian base etc. Should have at least had a ground battle and may be another space part?

I am sure you can get notes from some of the other Star Trek games that aren't just fps/rts.... Away Team, DS9 Harbinger etc. Crawling around in the maintenance corridor reminded me of a previous game. Should have had a new console with a different puzzle to do?
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Shame, I used to have an ATI card, but got an nVidia one cause it was always giving me trouble with the dynamic lighting. And now I got balloon freezes.

Also, getting on Tribble... not so easy. Stuck on retrieving characters. Back to login. Make it to character selection. Select character. Alt-tab to forum. Go back, duplicate login something or other. This is going great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not to be an a** or anything, but really: It's right up there the list...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tryin to jump on to tribble, but my connection to tribble keeps timing out...

What's going on guys?
    What am I missing?

What is wrong with our game lately?

You guys get TRIBBLE or somethin?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i was just logging in then i see the message that was 21:29 lol quick what can i do in 1 min? lol
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.