test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Restart - 2/1/13 (1:30PM PST - 2PM PST)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited February 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 30 minutes (1:30PM PST/ 4:30PM EST/ 9:30PM GMT) for an emergency restart. We also only expect to be down for 30 minutes. ETA for STO being back up is around 2PM PST/ 5PM EST/ 10 PM GMT.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for giving me a chance to finally go get that haircut. :P
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Best of Luck and God Speed:D
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We also only expect to be down for 30 minutes.

Here's to hoping :|
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Alright what broke this time :rolleyes:
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok, the lag still exists and you do an emergency maintenance to change your routing-tables away from Cogent? Or have you found another thing that could explain the lag and try to change that part?
    Or is this emergency maintenance disabling all party-poppers until you've fixed them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • eagleeyeabceagleeyeabc Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really hope it's because of the lag lately xD
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    DONT tell them it's an emergency...

Some of thoose guys might actually think you mean it ^^
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited February 2013
    Or is this emergency maintenance disabling all party-poppers until you've fixed them?

They just need to disable them they were fun at first now they are annoying and as many have stated causes to much lag.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ..here were go again....
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agree with psycoticvulcan. Need a reason to... eat, for example. :P
    edited February 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    DONT tell them it's an emergency...

Some of thoose guys might actually think you mean it ^^

I think this "Emergency" is due to there being innsuficiant levels of doghnuts and the interns have not returned from starbucks yet with the teams coffee.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know the stats are kind of bogus for the Kamarag compared to the Ambassador... but I wouldn't call it an emergency. :)
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    edited February 2013
    Hey Pwrbranflakes out of curiosity what happened to the shard to need the emergency shutdown?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    I think this "Emergency" is due to there being innsuficiant levels of doghnuts and the interns have not returned from starbucks yet with the teams coffee.

They don't use starbucks... We all know they use mugs.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited February 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    They don't use starbucks... We all know they use mugs.

DOH!!! :eek:
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    They just need to disable them they were fun at first now they are annoying and as many have stated causes to much lag.

Agreed. I had to switch instances on ESD 4 times to find one with no damn balloons, so I could actually move and not be locked down :mad:

Qapla'!
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    while we experience emergency maintance for the half hour. d stahl will be on tribble servers to play and interact with us.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What is that? FOUR times this week?
  • katanic123katanic123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 30 minutes (1:30PM PST/ 4:30PM EST/ 9:30PM GMT)

Thank you for giving the GMT
    Captain Cavillian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Make sure to patch up Tribble while Holodeck is down -- jump in-game on Tribble and head to Drozana. EP Daniel Stahl will be doing a special Anniversary Q&A! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still not as bad as WoW was before everyone that worked there had enough money for a gold swimming pool.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
    edited February 2013
    Make sure to patch up Tribble while Holodeck is down -- jump in-game on Tribble and head to Drozana. EP Daniel Stahl will be doing a special Anniversary Q&A! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So much for that haircut ...
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What's going on? Another shard shutdown, and what for?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • mariothebrosmariothebros Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It would be nice to know what the emergency is all about. Or, is it classified because the Dev is on their way to catch a hacker? :cool:

When it's done for a better comfort for all players, it's cool :) Keep up the good work, Dev.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    See here./10chars
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was actually able to log in and stay connected and not booted after 10minutes, no lag at all, dont go breaking it again!
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anyone wanna make a bet for a nice amount of EC that Drozana will be full of balloons within minutes and tribble will go down for some emergency patching as well? Hell, Drozana of all places to pick... *rolls eyes*
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most likely, the "emergency" is that the devs did not anticipate the lag that 10,000 balloons on ESD could cause.
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So much for that haircut ...

lol! ikr, guess i'm heading to tribble.
This discussion has been closed.