What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you, Denise Crosby-Thread

Comments

• Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I always thought Tasha was a better security chief than Worf. Thank you for doing these lines. Usually I just skip the audio readings as I read them faster, but in this case, I let the actors talk and it really felt like being in Trek. I look forward to finding those Sela lines.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Want to add my own thanks here as well! Great great great job all around!
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you so very much for your outstanding contribution to an amazing Star Trek Online mission, Denise! Fantastic job! :)
  • Options
    selraxxxselraxxx Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great job all around, and many thanks Ms. Crosby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    buzzoutbuzzout Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I never liked the Tasha Yar character and my favorite TNG episode was the one where they killed her off. My favorite episode would have been the one where they killed off Wesley Crusher, but they unfortunately never made that one. That being said however, I was delighted to hear Denise Crosby's voice over. Her presence added a tremendous amount of authenticity and turned a simply good mission into an exceptional one. Her professionalism is of the caliber I know we all like to see in STO. So hats off to Cryptic for bringing Denise into the project. Well done.
  • Options
    ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    grylak wrote: »
    I always thought Tasha was a better security chief than Worf.

LOL

The old guy who guards my local Kroger would make a better security chief than Worf! How many times did Mr. "Today IS a good day to die!" drop his weapon when a phaser/disruptor was ever waved in his general direction? Even Tuvok and "mirror universe Chekov" were tougher than Worf.

Tasha Yar at least was competent and seemed to be someone you really didn't want to cross.

I'm looking forward to her playing Sela again. Sela is the closest ST:TNG came to having a really great series villain. STO could use a villain everyone can oppose. Sela > B'Vat.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Adding one more voice of thanks. Denise, it was very cool that you were available and willing to make the anniversary mission special. I too am looking forward to your work as Sela and hope you come back again.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    Indeed, a big THANK YOU to Denise Crosby for coming in and doing this. It was a great addition.
    I also want to thank all of our other voice actors for adding so much to the mission with all of the other voiced characters.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Indeed, a big THANK YOU to Denise Crosby for coming in and doing this. It was a great addition.
    I also want to thank all of our other voice actors for adding so much to the mission with all of the other voiced characters.

And thank YOU (and your department) for the epic map! :D
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know she is not the first star trek actor to appear but I'm hoping that in some way this might open the door for more to come in.

I know they are expensive, and i know there are all kinds of likeness issues and unions and red tape to wade through, so im not exactly expecting patrick stewart to turn up, but i bet it would not be too hard to grab another big name, or a couple of smaller ones.

tim russ, jeffrey coombs, will weaton, etc all seem like nice guys who are generous with their time and their love for the franchise.

hopefully denise brought enough people in that they start to think that using proper trek VO characters on a regular basis is good business.
  • Options
    benoliverwillockbenoliverwillock Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Urghhh... Stupid thread is stupid.

She's an actor, who - guess what - gets PAID to act. We shouldn't be thanking her for doing her job.

This is the problem with society today, all this hero worship sets a bad precedent - thats how we end up with loonies like Tom Cruise and Will Smith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know she is not the first star trek actor to appear but I'm hoping that in some way this might open the door for more to come in.

I know they are expensive, and i know there are all kinds of likeness issues and unions and red tape to wade through, so im not exactly expecting patrick stewart to turn up, but i bet it would not be too hard to grab another big name, or a couple of smaller ones.

tim russ, jeffrey coombs, will weaton, etc all seem like nice guys who are generous with their time and their love for the franchise.

hopefully denise brought enough people in that they start to think that using proper trek VO characters on a regular basis is good business.

My god, Jeffrey Combs would be so bloody amazing. His voice is incredible. Plus, Cryptic could use him for either Shran or a new Weyoun clone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you Denise Crosby! Loved the Featured Episode; it was great to hear the voices of so many from the past. But you really made my day! Great job and hope we get the chance to hear from you again but next time as Sela! :D
  • Options
    legoorlegoor Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank You :D
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not a fan of the Tasha Yar/Sela characters, but this story was good and Denise did a good job with the voice acting.

The only real complaints I had with it was the complaint I had with what they did with Kurland, the dialogue wasn't really up to snuff (they made Kurland sound like a real wimp, when they could've done character development in the future). Cryptic needs a little bit better diallogue and character development practice.

The whole scene in this mission where we are getting past the force fields felt way too forced and artificial. Sadly, if I had been given the option I would've suggested that Tasha calm down or we would've left here with the Tholians.

Also, the teasing us with those awesome consoles, weapons and batteries (I want those batteries) was so veeeeeeeeeeery cruel. :(

Other than that, good job Denise!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013

She's an actor, who - guess what - gets PAID to act. We shouldn't be thanking her for doing her job.

This is the problem with society today, all this hero worship sets a bad precedent - thats how we end up with loonies like Tom Cruise and Will Smith.

Oh shut up killjoy.
    Whats wrong with saying thank you to an actor?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    She did an awesome job..I loved the entire story line...GREAT Job to all involved...:)

*shoots everybody with my Happy Birthday Balloon gun...:)*
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • Options
    drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Aye, Thanks a bunch! It was nice to get some additional on screen talent voicing the game! I can't wait to see who they manage to pull in next.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • Options
    mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited February 2013

And belligerent posters are belligerent.

I can quote vapid memes too! Yay ME!
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have yet to play the mission but I always appreciated her characters on the show.

Thank you Denise Crosby for your work on the show, the game and everything in between for the fans :)
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ggg247 wrote: »
    LOL

The old guy who guards my local Kroger would make a better security chief than Worf! How many times did Mr. "Today IS a good day to die!" drop his weapon when a phaser/disruptor was ever waved in his general direction? Even Tuvok and "mirror universe Chekov" were tougher than Worf.

Tasha Yar at least was competent and seemed to be someone you really didn't want to cross.

I'm looking forward to her playing Sela again. Sela is the closest ST:TNG came to having a really great series villain. STO could use a villain everyone can oppose. Sela > B'Vat.

It was the scene where Picard was about to be handed a box of medicene and Tasha stepped in and checked it thoroughly before letting Picard anywhere near it. Worf would just let Picard take it. Tasha could have gone on to do great things.

So benoliverwillock, you don't thank people for selling you a cup of coffee? Or a waitress for bringing your food out? Or a bus driver when you get off his bus?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Someone always has to pee in the pool.

Thanking someone, even if they are just doing their job isn't hero worship. It's called doing a common courtesy and letting someone know the hard work they've done is valued. She didn't have to do this and letting her know that we appreciate her participation is just a nice thing to do.

Try it sometime.
  • Options
    azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was absolutely thrilled when they announced Denise Crosby would be starring in an STO episode. After having played and enjoyed that episode, I am even more grateful for her inclusion into STO.

Tasha Yar and Sela have remained two of my favorite ST:TNG characters. Ms. Crosby brought enduring life to both of those roles. My characters were honored to serve beside Lt. Yar and help to restore the timeline!

Thank you Denise Crosby!
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Denise,

Thank you for your authentic embrace of Star Trek and its fandom. Your acting roles as well as your Trekkies documentaries are gold. With regard to your voice over work for Star Trek Online? Welcome home! I look forward to any future contributions made here in our corner of the internet.

Take Care,

Psi'a Meese

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for all the warm wished and gratitude to Mrs. Crosby. I will be sending this thread over to her along with some of your individual posts. I am certain she will be very pleased.

And, of course, thank you Denise Crosby for joining the STO community. I am honored to have worked with you and thrilled to have you in our game.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for all the warm wished and gratitude to Mrs. Crosby. I will be sending this thread over to her along with some of your individual posts. I am certain she will be very pleased.

In that case let me give a proper thank you.
    Voice overs like this really add to immersion and really add a Star Trek feel to these missions.
    Thank you Denise Crosby.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    deaconltcdeaconltc Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Denise!

You added just the needed touch of authenticity.

Deacon
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Ignorance is Bliss

Thank you Ms. Crosby for lending your immense talents to another part of the Star Trek Legacy.

BTW: Did you ever go to that Prom like you promised?

:D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thank you mision was way cool
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree, best VO work in this game so far. Giving Tasha so much varience in emotion with her dialogue really made it feel like we were watching TNG again.

WHAT!? I thought she sounded AWFUL. Flat delivery that sounded like she was reading her lines instead of acting them. I guess most STO players are so starved for VO that anything pleases them :rolleyes: That was crappy VO work by Crosby and theres no way any REAL voice director working on an animated cartoon movie would have let that VO work make the final cut. I didnt hear the fire of Tasha in her VO work at all. Compare Tasha's emotional line delivery throughout all of Yesterday's Enterprise, then listen to this ep immediately after. HUGE difference and it sounds like someone sucked out all the fire and emotion that made Tasha Tasha in this ep. I cant blame Kestral this time, I thought the lines were good, but the delivery was flat flat flat IMO.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader