test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reputation/ Fleet Project Lag

Just went to put my Dil in my reputation project and it has reset me to reputation tier 0 (Along with loads of other people looking at zone chat)

Was tier V in both now 0
Post edited by tribble2013 on

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Uh oh, Cryptic dun goofed... :rolleyes:

Edit: Seems that particular server is running slow, according to the devs. Everything should still be intact.
  • Options
    justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same here and most in my Fleet...
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    is it just a display error on the reputation bar or can you no longer start higher tier assignments?

display error is bad but not fatal. No higher tier projects despite being topped out is emergency-patch time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "Server Not Responding" error for about 40 seconds whenever my character loads. Always happens at 40.45% loading progress. Result: no reputation information other than my pre-selected passives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just went to put my Dil in my reputation project and it has reset me to reputation tier 0 (Along with loads of other people looking at zone chat)

Was tier V in both now 0

Give it time to load it's very slow with lots of people logging on it will come back on
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    Reps are not reset, but with everyone logging on at once, especially with the Anniversary event, it may lag a bit :) Things should smooth out in the next little bit.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    tribble2013tribble2013 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    your right, waited a minute or two and they came back :)

thanks and sorry about false post lol
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Reps are not reset, but with everyone logging on at once, especially with the Anniversary event, it may lag a bit :) Things should smooth out in the next little bit.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So I can stop freaking out about the game telling me I'm not in a fleet anymore then?

Thank goodness.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Fleet projects are also affected. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    Fleet projects are also affected. :(

read the thread before you post....

Its just server lag with everyone logging in at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    read the thread before you post....

Its just server lag with everyone logging in at the same time.

I did read the thread. In fact, I previously posted in it, prior to BranFlakes. Maybe you need a little reading comprehension.

I was lamenting over the fact that I can neither work on my personal reputation, nor work on my fleet projects while this server is under incredible strain. It was a subtle hint to Cryptic that maybe they should beef up the reputation-tracking server(s).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I did read the thread. In fact, I previously posted in it, prior to BranFlakes. Maybe you need a little reading comprehension.

I was lamenting over the fact that I can neither work on my personal reputation, nor work on my fleet projects while this server is under incredible strain. It was a subtle hint to Cryptic that maybe they should beef up the reputation-tracking server(s).

My reading comprehension is just fine, thanks. Maybe you should learn to appreciate history - as in this happens every time a new featured episode comes along. Probably even more so this time with it featuring a voiced TNG character.

The guy (bran) explained what the problem was and that it would resolve itself in a bit. You just come across as whiney and petulant by continuing to complain after your problem was replied to.

But hey, whatever. Apparently, acting like a grown-up is hard. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm Tier 4 in Romulan Reputation, and Tier 3 in Omega Reputation. I try collecting the rewards for the projects I was doing. And boom: Tier 0 for both reputations. Cryptic/PWE, PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Wow. Nevermind. It got fixed.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Laaaaaaa
    aaaaag.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    My reading comprehension is just fine, thanks. Maybe you should learn to appreciate history - as in this happens every time a new featured episode comes along. Probably even more so this time with it featuring a voiced TNG character.

The guy (bran) explained what the problem was and that it would resolve itself in a bit. You just come across as whiney and petulant by continuing to complain after your problem was replied to.

But hey, whatever. Apparently, acting like a grown-up is hard.

Apparently it isn't, since you still didn't COMPREHEND what you READ. :rolleyes:

Reputation and/or project lag isn't "old hat", this is the FIRST TIME this has come up after a major patch. Personal reputation didn't exist prior to that, and starbase projects were stable in previous patches because there was MUCH LESS DATA to send to every player logging in. They're using the same systems, and therefore the same server(s), to handle all this "project" data, so the much increased load thanks to personal projects is to blame.

Also, how does pointing out an additional, previously unmentioned flaw come across as whining? No one was aware of it, so I was the first to mention it. It was a "hey, there's other problems too" notification, not an immediate demand for action. Or was it the use of the --> :( <-- smilie that makes you think it was whining? :rolleyes:

And yes, acting like a "grown-up" is hard, since it's not the same thing as acting like an adult. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Apparently it isn't, since you still didn't COMPREHEND what you READ. :rolleyes:

Reputation and/or project lag isn't "old hat", this is the FIRST TIME this has come up after a major patch. Personal reputation didn't exist prior to that, and starbase projects were stable in previous patches because there was MUCH LESS DATA to send to every player logging in. They're using the same systems, and therefore the same server(s), to handle all this "project" data, so the much increased load thanks to personal projects is to blame.

Also, how does pointing out an additional, previously unmentioned flaw come across as whining? No one was aware of it, so I was the first to mention it. It was a "hey, there's other problems too" notification, not an immediate demand for action. Or was it the use of the --> :( <-- smilie that makes you think it was whining? :rolleyes:

And yes, acting like a "grown-up" is hard, since it's not the same thing as acting like an adult. ;)

In fairness, I shouldn't have said you were whining - but you have to admit - whining is an STO forum past time.

And I'm pretty sure it isn't the amount of project data in itself that is the problem - its the extremely high number of players all simultaneously asking for the data that is the problem. Before the fleet projects or reputation tiers, we had this exact same lag and server timeout on map transfers every FE series release.

I'm more surprised that anyone expected this occasion to be somehow different than its been for the last three years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pretty awesome lag at times, I'm pretty sure this is why I was able to run T0 projects at T4 once in a while.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh, the stupid glitch is here again. PWE/Cryptic, PLEASE help.
  • Options
    zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It appears Cryptic wants us all to start over! But wait there's more. My reputation was reset to zero but I still have my rewards highlighted as I selected then for each tier. Curious>>>?????

I say ROLLBACK
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's not set to zero, it's just an issue with the UI not updating correctly. Branflakes already posted about this, and said it's just a display issue.
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Umm, no rollback. There's severe lag today, and EVERYTHING is loading slowly. I recommend waiting until tomorrow before freaking out... your stuff is still there.

>.> Hell, my game says I'm not in my fleet anymore, even though I can use Fleet Chat. So calm down.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I been on for an hour and my Reputation is still reset.

I had Tier 5 reputation unlocked, plus all the store unlocks for a month now. And I will not be happy if I had to redo all that work.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I been on for an hour and my Reputation is still reset.

I had Tier 5 reputation unlocked, plus all the store unlocks for a month now. And I will not be happy if I had to redo all that work.

OK! good job Cryptic!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Also BTW the server has been very laggy for weeks when loading anything. It should be fixed. There is a lot of wasted time waiting for things to
    load!!
  • Options
    asassinx0asassinx0 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So i log in to find I got romulus & Omega reputation 0. Anyone else have this problem??
  • Options
    cryolordcryolord Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes, my projects & points are gone.
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That "little bit" turns out to be quite large after all...
  • Options
    kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wait a few minutes and you will se your Rep lvl, curently game lags like crazy:(
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png