test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Trying to login to the Bridge access panel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUVUUhf7U0
  • Options
    solcee2solcee2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ishapza1 wrote: »
    Well that tears it!! It will only be up by 10pm my time and now I have to do something I have not done in a long time - watch TV!!

what is this tv you speak of?
  • Options
    fumaninkfumanink Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i understand the purpose of a test sever is to actually TEST it works maybe you guys should think about that one

hidden mission, unable to connect
    They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare, the internet has proved this is NOT the case...
  • Options
    hizenburghizenburg Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Go Team Go , you can do it .. rally rally,,, starfleet engineers on task,

" Ack Captain , the main computers isolinear matrix is gonna have ta be re configured, until then ,, holo control interface for the terran world is offline and there is no way for the terran captains to get control of their ships Da DA DAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Watch "Yesterday's Enterprise". ;) That's what I'm doing.

I did that, I'm on redemption part two, then unification after that:)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    falk134falk134 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ya that was my issues with DS9 as well... I often wonder if ill appreciate it more now that I am a bit older then I was when it aired.

you really should try re-watching it now. it's a really great show, and while there isn't as much exploring, with the worm hole right there plenty of good old star trek WTF is that situation come up.
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    I think you're honestly missing the reason for 'messing around' with the patch servers. This is more of a launcher issue than the patch servers. Putting it in that context it's important to note that several users suffered severe issues with connecting to the launcher earlier this week, preventing many from entering the game for hours, or I believe in some extreme cases a day.

Whilst this may seem like poor timing, it's important to note that it is actually not something they really had control over. A problem happened, they decided to look at fixing it in the next maintenance window. It's unfortunate it's before a big event, yeah, but better than leaving players in certain areas in the cold during that time.

Hopefully people will understand this, as someone who was affected by the launcher issues I know I do - the trouble is those unaffected didn't have the problem, didn't get affected, and won't appreciate the downtime to help those who do - sadly? This is the way of the interwebz.

Tobar.

I am aware of the launcher problems. The issue is that those started on Monday IIRC. It is Thursday. Just saying, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday would be the time to look into that specific issue.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

We are still on track to be finished at noon PST. We're going to do one more test in just a few minutes, though, that should not affect our ETA. I'll make a post in here when we'd like you to try the launcher again. Thanks for your patience and understanding -- the data we and our routing vendor are getting has been crucial, so thank you again for all of the help with testing :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sometimes the tech stuff just doesn't want to work the way we humans want it to :)

Thank you for the update. Will be back soon :)
  • Options
    slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If people are bored this will make you smile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVYCbRjhnsE

Hilarious indeed
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I want my ambassador so bad!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    evilmatt666evilmatt666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's just bloody stupid, they put an announcement that a shard update will be applied and give 2hrs for the update. As I understand it that is usual for a new patch. If they knew they'd be network trouble shooting today then they should have said and I (and I'm sure others) could have planned accordingly, it seems the first 3 hrs was spent dicking around with the network and getting that sorted (although it was working earlier) and then they did the actual update which added on the "standard" 2 hrs update time. Surely someone could have said, "ah well, it's probably going to run about 5 hrs give or take.". Would that have been so hard to say? At least you wouldn't get people testing to see if they could get on every two minutes.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    Trying to login to the Bridge access panel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUVUUhf7U0

Damn, I never noticed Data used my PWE password ;)

(Just to be clear before anyone tries - I'm joking :P)
  • Options
    frojoe2000frojoe2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Perhaps we should stop being so hard on PW and Cryptic, they did actually give us advanced warning this time.

Anyone remember the days or Perpetual Entertainment and STOnet? before Cryptic bought the license? Now that was horrible customer service. They names a fan site as their official site, lol.... well, then again, they were just pretending to make a game and pocketing the investment dollars.

Anyways, note to Branflakes:

Scotty: Do you mind a little advice? Starfleet captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Yeah, well, I told the Captain I'd have this analysis done in an hour.
    Scotty: How long will it really take?
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: An hour!
    Scotty: Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Well, of course I did.
    Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.

KIRK: Mr. Scott. Have you always multiplied your repair estimates by a factor of four?
    SCOTTY: Certainly, sir. How else can I keep my reputation as a miracle worker?

TLDR: Note to Branflakes. Multiply your maintenance ETA's by 4, and we will all be super happy and love you when you consistently get them done early.
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »

Looks to me like they received a cryptic patch. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    roflol might i recommend "Being Human"?

Dude, I am in South Africa. We get to watch endless re-runs of #$%^(less than good quality shows).

I think I will watch some downloaded anime instead, but thanks for the thought.
  • Options
    hazellove7hazellove7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited January 2013
    It's dead, Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
  • Options
    ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Damn, I never noticed Data used my PWE password ;)

(Just to be clear before anyone tries - I'm joking :P)

I've tried it, it doesn't fit.
  • Options
    fumaninkfumanink Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow;
    there's Klingons on the starboard bow, scrape 'em off, Jim.
    They used to say if an infinite number of chimps typed we would get the works of Shakespeare, the internet has proved this is NOT the case...
  • Options
    opiewan100opiewan100 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    giarana wrote: »
    Close enough, it's an old Army adage known as the seven 'P's:
    • Proper
    • Planning
    • (and) Preparation
    • Prevent
    • P1$$
    • Poor
    • Performance

Gold...

Ahhh no its not . . . Close but - - - No.
  • Options
    batmansrbbatmansrb Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    Leave those Cryptic behind, we need no mailfunctions on our vessels :D
  • Options
    xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

We are still on track to be finished at noon PST. We're going to do one more test in just a few minutes, though, that should not affect our ETA. I'll make a post in here when we'd like you to try the launcher again. Thanks for your patience and understanding -- the data we and our routing vendor are getting has been crucial, so thank you again for all of the help with testing :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Funny...I was SURE that when I came onto this forum about 3 hours ago as the server went offline, that the server and patch and EVERYthing would be finished in 2 hours flat, at the same time.

I must have misread...No wait, they extended. I forgot that an extension should more or less equal the original time intended.

OR MORE
  • Options
    captainstevensoncaptainstevenson Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I wish the new SimCity was out so I'd have something to do while I wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bigyounkbigyounk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So I have been playing a week now and have had 3 unplayable days, Cryptic is awesome. I thought SOE was bad, well now I know different. If only Eve was not so overrun by jerks. Oh well........
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    Our should-be-final test has started -- is anyone seeing any issues with the launcher? If so, please place your tracerts here (info on how to do this here) pointing to launcher.startrekonline.com and accounts.crypticstudios.com.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Elite setting is being upgraded...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-D-CowBL-s
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    fumanink wrote: »
    i understand the purpose of a test sever is to actually TEST it works maybe you guys should think about that one

hidden mission, unable to connect

You realise this is the internet connection they are testing, not the test server right? Maybe you should think about that one...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    willow6912willow6912 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Come on lets try and get this thread to 70 pages :)
  • Options
    punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ishapza1 wrote: »
    Dude, I am in South Africa. We get to watch endless re-runs of #$%^(less than good quality shows).

I think I will watch some downloaded anime instead, but thanks for the thought.
    oh daaaaaamn.... might I recommend "Casshern Sins" then?
This discussion has been closed.