test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 31, 2013)

Comments

• johnnyelectricjohnnyelectric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think is means I'm making dinner now.... back to RL ...
  • ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tcbys1 wrote: »
    Question of the hour.

Is it **** if a Holodeck character refuses sex but you go for it anyway.

I say no, no it isn't. They don't really exist. Go for it.
  • dan6526dan6526 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Switching IPs:

I am seriously confused here. I have worked for a third party vendor, worked with a third party vendor and can appreciate the need for working with each other a lot. I imagine the phone call was made by the vendor that (guessing) "hey, we would like to know the tracing for the launcher." And the person on the phone was like: "sure, next thing we'll do this." But, you picked the day of a much hyped event.

So you didn't take the time to do it Monday, fine, they may have asked after Monday. You didn't spawn a random test bright and early Tuesday or Wednesday; better yet Friday. The choice was today (Thursday, January 31st).

Europe is off work, eating and doing things Americans (Canada, Brazil, US, ect.) aren't. Some are night shift, some are college students, and others on "vacation." So on the opening day of the Anniversary celebration is perhaps, not the best day to set this.

I'm not particularly angry about this, but I can see where some of the fan-base may be really angry. After-all, how necessary was the testing? This is unquantifiable for the fans. Please Cryptic, for your sake, try to think about these things as not to alienate your subscribers.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tcbys1 wrote: »
    Question of the hour.

Is it **** if a Holodeck character refuses sex but you go for it anyway.

Depends on yer mindset...

You own morals would determine that answer.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wonder how many more folks are going to let us know they patched.
  • captainstevensoncaptainstevenson Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People whine complain and stamp around like ungrateful wretches..

but you know what...there's some people out there who have the right to stand up and drag Morgan Freeman over to explain to the devs 'this is how you fix an issue so DO IT'

We are people who paid to play long before it became free
    we are people who have been around since beta
    we are people who have FOR LIFE ACCOUNTS
    and we are people who stayed and toughed it out despite the BS we have to dive through to get were we are now

in lamens terms?

Were the people who actually give a damn enough to point out what needs to be fixed or created.

And personally I really don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. but facts remain no matter how someone tries to argue it.

KDF needs new gear

STOP FEEDING THE FEDS

and for god sakes! Give the Gorn some more damn options...because im not sure if you knew this but...some of the species had what we call tails. and you have so many bloody NPC civilians on quo'nos walking around with clothes we dont have..so just slap it on our kdf tailor and be done with it

and 4: GIVE US NEW GORN SHIPS. Come one...15 milling kdf an only slightly added vessels?
    and when are the ships INTERIORS gonna stop being half-assed? (ohh well just slap a bridge on for vanity sakes but leave the rest of the ship inaccessible unless its a normal one)

stop TRIBBLE with the borg specs!

and last but not least. something most of us vets have been curious bout...
    when do you plan to actually DO ANYTHING to the Captains Table we get access to? You know...as some type of reward or special runs that we get for having contributed as much as we have?

THATS a patch I WANT to SEE.

I completely agree with you also if there weren't so god damn many npc's walking around Quo'nos they could add a hundred or more players to the instance cap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Arent ruined days just great?
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Nope - this post always seems appropriate in these threads:

Naah - while that is a pretty good summary, ya gotta take the time to smell the roses. Enjoy the anger. Play around with it. See if you can make them angrier. It can be almost as entertaining as the game itself.
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Still no word on whether they fixed the patcher issues? I can get in cause I use a hotspot shield, without that its a no go still.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • sportz19721010sportz19721010 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't mind that there are challenges in the cyber world. I understand and realize that there is no way I would be able to do what cryptic does for us. All I want is a guess on when to try and log back in. I really don't think that is too much to ask for. After all, even Spock was able to guess!
    darth-vader-wants-to-rock_zps3as86bfd.gif
  • ebeneezergoodeebeneezergoode Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How can this consistently happen? What is it that's taking you guys by surprise that this keeps occurring? I'm genuinely curious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    darimund wrote: »
    wonder how many more folks are going to let us know they patched.

:eek: There was a patch!?!:eek:
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People whine complain and stamp around like ungrateful wretches..

but you know what...there's some people out there who have the right to stand up and drag Morgan Freeman over to explain to the devs 'this is how you fix an issue so DO IT'

We are people who paid to play long before it became free
    we are people who have been around since beta
    we are people who have FOR LIFE ACCOUNTS
    and we are people who stayed and toughed it out despite the BS we have to dive through to get were we are now

in lamens terms?

Were the people who actually give a damn enough to point out what needs to be fixed or created.

And personally I really don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. but facts remain no matter how someone tries to argue it.

KDF needs new gear

STOP FEEDING THE FEDS

and for god sakes! Give the Gorn some more damn options...because im not sure if you knew this but...some of the species had what we call tails. and you have so many bloody NPC civilians on quo'nos walking around with clothes we dont have..so just slap it on our kdf tailor and be done with it

and 4: GIVE US NEW GORN SHIPS. Come one...15 milling kdf an only slightly added vessels?
    and when are the ships INTERIORS gonna stop being half-assed? (ohh well just slap a bridge on for vanity sakes but leave the rest of the ship inaccessible unless its a normal one)

stop TRIBBLE with the borg specs!

and last but not least. something most of us vets have been curious bout...
    when do you plan to actually DO ANYTHING to the Captains Table we get access to? You know...as some type of reward or special runs that we get for having contributed as much as we have?

THATS a patch I WANT to SEE.

LOTTA good points. Lifer myself since 2010, I feel your/our pain.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *refresh* *refresh* *refresh*
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    like i said before in this thread doing to things at once they gonna suffer now its gonna be until 2 pm central time when we can get back on which i wanted them to do a scotty
  • paneth48paneth48 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To go on ahead and jump on the rage bandwagon.

Pitchforks: Check.

Torches: Check

Cryptic's Address: Check

Who's up for a roadtrip?

Lock and Load folks.

Twinkies: Negitive!

ABORT ABORT ABORT!!
  • lukeminherexxlukeminherexx Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    rifor83 wrote: »
    Hi Devs!
    How about if you give me a tribble/trouble-free day tomorrow (i.e. no maintenance, no random tests) so that I can get my Ambassador class, and then you can have a full 3 months with the game offline for a full overhaul while I'm away so that its ready to play and perfect for when I get back!

Thanks!

:D

Your attempt at humor is not appreciated! When you do return, your Ambassador class star ship will be filled with tribbles, replicating themselves, at a rate of 1,000,000,000,000 to the 3rd power per second. You will be in the nth star system, sharing a bunk with William Shatner. Resistance....is.....futile!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. -Einstein

• kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We are the devs. close youre pc and surrender your internet connection. We will add your ip adres and windows to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us.but we need 4 houre's to acclompish that. Resistance is futile"

LOL. Now that actually made me chuckle.
  • opiewan100opiewan100 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    All your Zen belong to us...

Oh so evil a quote and it shows you age. LOL and mine I guess.
  • kasperakumakasperakuma Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    come on guys be nice its star trek onlines birthday :cool:
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You have 14 days to complete the event, though...as I understand it, it's not a one-day-only thing. So I think we can live with it.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • admiralmurkadmiralmurk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    'We are the Borg, Resistance is a pain in the TRIBBLE, so please can we have your ship sir? kthanksbye'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, I suppose it's good news Bran, but the timing of this launcher/patch server testing is far from ideal given that it's on the same say as the 3rd anniversary event...

How ever this is SNAFU when it comes to Cryptic it seems... :eek: :P :P :D (Just kidding)
  • grungepunk5kgrungepunk5k Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bromleybr2 wrote: »
    get a job then you would realise how much of a problem this would be if it was during your peak time.

So true. So true. I keep seeing 1 hour and 45 minutes. My time zone that will be 1 in the afternoon and I will have 30 minutes to play before I have to leave for work... If they wouldn't have graced us with this "update" I would have gotten to spend my valuable time off actually playing the game. Personally I'd rather spend 4 or 5 hours with characters on my bridge clipping through the floor than only get 30 minutes of them sitting in their chair correctly. :P
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Am I the only one that enjoys extended server maintenance (on pretty much any game with an active community) because it affords the change to read through (and reply to) the extreme amount of anger displayed in such threads?

Not only do I read, but I contribute to it. Reading their anger fuels my own. FIRE FIRE
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Where is the Elvis to the falcon though?
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • mobiusoneofgalmmobiusoneofgalm Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh, March Beneath The Raptors Wing? Do we get a playable Romulan Faction im May? <3
  • csgtmyorkcsgtmyork Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Good grief. Is everyone complaining about waiting for 1 hour 45 minutes? The devs are making sure the game is running well so that they don't have a freaking BOATLOAD of complaints about "IT'S BROKEN!!!1!1!!1 FIX IT NOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'd rather have it down an extra hour and have the game work with virtually no bugs, than the game be done an hour earlier and have it overrun with problems.
    "Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
    Elim Garak
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    LOTTA good points. Lifer myself since 2010, I feel your/our pain.

Thank you. Its been pissing me off for a couple years now...
This discussion has been closed.