Install Arc
Options

STO Gateway: Feedback and Discussion

1235»

Comments

• Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I imagine this has already been suggested (haven't read the whole thread), but for me gateway's only use would be if I could manage my reputation projects and refine dilithium from my ore stash.

I've been away from home for three days and won't be back until tomorrow night. I'm on a borrowed tablet and certainly would love to get my rep progress up to speed.

My 2 ECs.
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is already possible :) You can change the URL to view a different character@handle. We will also be providing players an option in the near future to disable others from viewing their characters if they wish (sensitive data, like EC and Dilithium totals, can not be seen by anyone other than yourself), as well as adding ways to look up your friends and fleet mates without having to edit the URL.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Could this be THE default setting for the Gateway.
    Some players may have no interest at all in the STO gateway, or even have heard about it, and not want their characters info out for everyone to see. It would seem a shame to make them have to use it just to "opt out" after their characters personal info is already exposed.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    moronwmachinegunmoronwmachinegun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I assume we will be able to see DOFF, rep, and fleet projects at some future update. What about skills?

Also, any chance we could get the detailed descriptions added for items? I understand if the exact numbers can't be posted since there is so much interplay between consoles and player skill level, but basic information would be nice to have, such as procs etc.
  • Options
    cptkickbuttcptkickbutt Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Does not work for me at all.
    In Chrome it always says down for maintenance
    In Internet explorer i get to choose my character and then its constantly loading.

Bit TRIBBLE really
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i think most browser pop up software and cookie handling is messing it up it works on my iphone fine but not on my browser(i posted browser info previously).

and the gateway testing is messing up my ability to connect to fleet chat via xmpp. (global and CO guild channals work fine and i am gold on both sto and co)
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Star Trek Online is currently down.
    Please check back later!

After todays patch notes, I'm rather curious. Maybe Wednesday it might be up?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    blznfunblznfun Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This gateway system is MUCH better than the old "Captain's Database". I like it alot and its very functional.

Can we get the ability to search just by @handle as opposed to the <character_name>@handle so that we may see all un-hidden characters per account? This would be a great asset as well as being able to view individual logs associated with that specific character.

Also this would be nice, the ability to hide your characters from everyone except for friends and fleet as an option under "Privacy"
    jeremy-t_doff_signiture5635.jpg
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
  • Options
    mikepreditormikepreditor Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After clicking the link in Firefox (18.0.1) on Win7 x64, the login screen came up and I entered my details and code, which arrived quickly.

I had a click around and discovered that the details were from Tribble.

The first niggle I detected is on the "Officer Stations" screen, where it shows one of my BOFFS twice. This BOFF is the one that takes the universal position on my shuttle, but that isn't made obvious as there is just one ship image on the screen.

Clicking to my Captain Profile I see that all my ground equipment is missing, as someone else discovered. My face picture is blank too.

Going on to the Accolades screen I discover many graphical elements are out of keeping with the majority.

I clicked over to my KDF toon and discovered that my Captain image is missing, and my BOFF images. I imagine this is a temporary thing as I copied that toon over a very short while ago.

=====

All in all, this is great. I like the idea and the execution. Maybe LCARS colours instead of the FED blue would make it look nicer, if that wouldn't involve more costs.

To improve the Officer Stations, it would help to only have the currently readied wessel's crew shown here, and as someone pointed out earlier, it would be nice if operational skills were distinct from non-operational ones.
    A button to click for shuttle, or non-ready ships would be great.

I'll add a request for being able to tap into the chat system from here, not necessarily ESD and all those lovely conversations, but certainly the Fleet Chat.
  • Options
    kempethkempeth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really like what you're doing with this gateway!

As others have mentioned my captain is not showing any ground equipment. Also her traits are missing.

My bridge officers also show no traits.

I realize this is a trivial detail but there seems to be a strange translation issue on the main screen after selecting a character. Under "Last logged in" there is a time value in braces like "(11 hours ago)". The whole rest of the gateway is in English but that small piece is in German (my local language). I don't know what your intentions are concerning localization but I just wanted to point out that in German the phrase would be "vor 11 Stunden" (aka "ago 11 hours").

As I said, I really like the gateway. What I would like to see are options to do things (especially in the fleet section):
    • Accessing ingame fleet chat
    • Adding fleet events
    • changing personel equipment
    • changing ship fitting
    • train skills
    • manage duty officers

Another thing I'd like to suggest is a way to make a crew "family photo" like many users have in their signatures.

I'm anxious to see what you'll do next.
    Great! Only three left. Now all I need is for one of them to leave the room and then there will be only one left...
    Wait, where I come from three minus one still leaves two!
    Where I come from is a far more interesting place.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to ask, are we actually supposed to be able to view other players' and fleets' information through the Gateway? I know it's just the info, but you can basically view other people's builds, character details, biographies, fleet information and such with ease. I'm just not sure that this is how it should be. Some kind of "hide" option would be nice for people who wouldn't like their characters to be viewable by everybody.

As for other feedback:
    Keep getting disconnected randomly. Keeps telling me that "gateway is undergoing maintenance".
    Scroll down keeps resetting - moves window to the top at random.
    Some chat integration would be nice, so that we can use the in-game chat while outside of the game.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    blznfunblznfun Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    I have to ask, are we actually supposed to be able to view other players' and fleets' information through the Gateway? I know it's just the info, but you can basically view other people's builds, character details, biographies, fleet information and such with ease. I'm just not sure that this is how it should be. Some kind of "hide" option would be nice for people who wouldn't like their characters to be viewable by everybody.

As for other feedback:
    Keep getting disconnected randomly. Keeps telling me that "gateway is undergoing maintenance".
    Scroll down keeps resetting - moves window to the top at random.
    Some chat integration would be nice, so that we can use the in-game chat while outside of the game.

There is a "Hide" feature. Goto your privacy settings in-game for each toon.

Fleets should have the ability to hide their "Information" and Message of the day. We used to have the information posted about our teamspeak in "Fleet information", but now that it is all public, we had to remove it and place it strictly on our website.

We need the in-game mail access back through the gateway as well. It was nice to be away from the computer and read/respond to mail that was received in game.
    jeremy-t_doff_signiture5635.jpg
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    As we've updated the known issues and some information in the OP, please now use this thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=511881) to continue providing feedback about the Gateway. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.