test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Depressed KDF captains need some good news.

Comments

• Options
    lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Step off, b.

I'm not a 'boy.'

Loss of hope, promise, and expectations can certainly cause grief. Not every (or even most) grief is caused by loss of a concrete thing.

And anger/resentment is certainly on the list of stages of grief.

Uh, sorry, I meant it more in the "oh boy" kind of way, not trying to imply anything.

Other than that: Nope, and I can't be bothered to explain in further detail what you can read up yourself easily.
    "Losing hope", also called despair, doesn't cause grief.
    It, itself, is part of the stages of grief, which do not apply here in the first place.
    Grieving is a very specialized process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ah, ok, fair enough.

First of all, I'm not being completely hardcore serious about grieving over something in a video game.
    Second of all, you are wrong about grief, but it's not worth getting into a long stupid argument over it.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ah, ok, fair enough.

First of all, I'm not being completely hardcore serious about grieving over something in a video game.
    Second of all, you are wrong about grief, but it's not worth getting into a long stupid argument over it.

You have yet to provide an argument.
    So far all you say is "it's as I say", which isn't an argument whatsoever.
    If you don't want to "get started" on this argument that you cannot win: I understand that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    thyuberdudethyuberdude Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Challenge Issued!

Match set!

~~~~~~~ FIGHT!!!!~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not that Cryptic has not disapointed us in the past, they have also given us more than we had in the begining. We should not forget that.

If they never ever finish what they started with the KDF then we lose nothing more and remain stagnant in STO.

They lose potential profit, which hurts them far more than lack of content hurts us.

Looking back on the last Ask Cryptics though, I see nothing that says they are giving up or trying to backcrawl away from the subject. I see those responses when they do Podcast interviews more often than I see hints of it in the Ask Cryptics postings.

Here is the the KDF questions:
    Ask Cryptic: December 2012

Q: (fulleatherjacket) Will we ever see "Federation" and "Klingon Empire" reputation categories where we can earn passive and active abilities that reflect our respective factions, and item sets (i.e two weapon + console) specific to our factions that starbases do not offer?
    Dstahl: Most likely yes. We plan to continue adding Reputations that represent the different factions and components of the game such as the player factions, crafting, PvP, other species etc.

Q: (hippiejon) If there was ONE thing you can add to the game. Your personal dream update. Big or Small. What would it be?
    Dstahl: Klingon PvE content from 1-50 with a solid PvE and PvP endgame. Plain and simple. Then after that, real Star Trek exploration.

Ask Cryptic: November 2012

Q: (jonathanferro) Will we ever see a Klingon only adventure zone or Feature Episode series?
    Dstahl: The expectation is that we will see more Adventure zones, and if we redo the Klingon Tutorial and early levels, we will most likely use a KDF exclusive adventure zone to do some of it. There are some Klingon only Episodes we are discussing but we haven?t set a timeframe that we can share with you yet.

Q: (ebrithil1) As much as I love all the new content you've been pushing out for the Feds, I like my Klingons too. When can we expect to see you fulfill the promise you made to expand the content on the red side?
    Dstahl: Personally, I?m still very committed to ensuring the KDF has levels 1-50, more so than I can even publicly talk about because it would involve going into details about all the internal conversations I?ve had within the company about this topic. It is my goal as EP to make this happen and the only thing that I can give you is that I?m fighting for it and want to do it. It just isn?t official yet.

Q: (ehgato) Can the Orions have their own bridge design? They currently use a standard Klingon bridge.
    Dstahl: So far, we?ve only been able to build a few special replica bridges per year, but this is one of the bridges that we agree would be nice to have on the KDF side. We have long term plans to make some Gorn episodes, and in fact Season 7 was originally going to take place on the Gorn Homeworld, but was changed to New Romulus for reasons that will be revealed later. When we do come back and visit the Gorn (and possibly the Voth as well) we will get the opportunity to throw non-Klingon bridges onto the schedule.

Q: (vawlkus) Please tell me there?s a timeline to get Klingon?s back to starting at level 1. I flat our refuse to start a new character at level 20. Even if the missions aren?t there, let us figure out our way upwards.
    Dstahl: Totally agree with you and I?m working on it getting it approved and have been ever since I returned as EP. I?m not giving up on this.

Ask Cryptic: October 2012
    Q: (awesometific) It seems that the Klingon/Fed War story line has fallen by the wayside and there doesn't seem to be a reason for the factions to be separated. Are there any plans to either reinforce this story line or drop it all together and move the narrative forward?
    Dstahl: We plan to move the narrative forward over the next three seasons, starting with an indirect attempt by both factions to bring the Romulans to their side of the conflict.

Ask Cryptic: August 2012
    Q: (drogyn1701) Would you ever consider allowing Foundry authors to submit KDF missions to become ?official content? with XP rewards in order to flesh out the KDF side and create 1-51 PvE level progression like the one Cryptic created for the Federation.
    Dstahl: This is one of the goals of developing our Foundry Spotlight feature. In addition to being able to flag specific missions for rewards, we also will be looking into the ability to ?copy and freeze? specific Foundry missions so we can do exactly what you are describing. We will maintain the credits/tips for the author, while giving us a safe copy that isn?t subject to the author revising it further.
    Thank you for all of the great questions. Sorry if your question did not get answered, but you can rest assured that I do read the questions and even questions that don?t get answered to get flagged for the internal team to address. Thank you for continuing to make Ask Cryptic a useful feature for the game team.

Ask Cryptic: June 2012

Q: (Commadore_Bob) The community seems to have latched onto the Ferasans. Any chance we will see some more Ferasan-specific additions (Ships, missions, weapons, etc.)?
    Dstahl: We are thrilled that so many players enjoyed the new KDF playable species. While we don?t have any specific plans for Ferasan ships or gear at the moment, now that the species is represented in the game, we will have the opportunity for future story-driven content to flesh out their backstory or contributions to the

Q: (KBFLordKrueg) When are we going to get new, non-time gated, not-mandatory 5 man, KDF faction playable missions?
    Dstahl: This topic has been discussed quite a bit over the last year, and the current plan is to focus efforts on expanding the game at higher levels for both factions. While Season 6 does have many Fleet oriented missions requiring fleets of more than one player, there are a few solo missions that will be available as part of the release of the new Tholian enemy faction. While we have released solo KDF missions such as Alpha earlier this year, the team will continue to focus on mission based content new to both factions.

All we can do is wait and not spend our money on STO's very much money driven F2P format and see what happens.

If nothing but excuse and rationalizations come to us, then we have lost nothing but Cryptic and STO has lost revenue and respect from potential customers.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    on the topic of Fed faction buying more than KDF does

1) 100% of players are REQUIRRED to be fed to at least level 24, so yes 100% of those that make a Zen purchase are Fed.

2) removeing #1 from list the Zen store has WAY more things for Feds to buy, so YES, if a KDF maxes out buying EVERYTHING, it can, and only buys 33% of the Fed stuff in store, then Feds STILL bought more.
    ______

conclusion, gadding who needs more content and store items on who buys more, is invalid.

there is simply a lower cap on how much a KDF can buy that is KDF only, compared to how much stuff is available as Fed only.

1 KDF outfit to how many Fed?
    1 KDF bundle to how many Fed? (keep in mind some fed bundles that give a token item to KDF toons on acount, a KDF will buy simply for the pathetic offering of the little something, I'm guilty of that one, so a few of those suposably "fed" puchases that was made, was more for that 1-3 doffs or 2 guns, that a KDF can use if you bought the Fed bundle)
  • Options
    edited January 2013

conclusion, gadding who needs more content and store items on who buys more, is invalid.

there is simply a lower cap on how much a KDF can buy that is KDF only, compared to how much stuff is available as Fed only.

I find this faulty logic.

We are players first and fans second for the most part.

I love my KDF and wish to see more for them but if we are being overlooked becuase we are just KDF fans then that is a failing on Cryptics part becuase we are also players in STO and have money to spend on more than just KDF content if we wish, but using "the numbers game" to validate not pursuing our money is silly.

If we where happier, more trusting of Cryptic becuase they earned it, then we would spend money on all aspects of STO including our feds just like many fedfans have a KDF alt that they spend money on it when it suits them.

Happy customers spend money, pure and simple.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    - cut for brevity -

Not comfortable making this post on these... sparesly moderated forums, but, basicly, either we'll see a proper KDF faction or Dstahl is a notorious liar. :D

I'm more comfortable assuming we'll get a full KDF faction, but that might be optimism.

Not saying it's Dstahls fault, in any case.
    He might be guilty of optimism, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I totally believe Stahl wants to do lots of cool stuff for pvp and the KDF.

I totally believe he will not get the opportunity to do much.

It's not his intent I distrust.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    reimu#1706 reimu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just got to say from the man him self

Captain James T. Kirk: They're animals.
    Captain Spock: Jim, there is an historic opportunity here.
    Captain James T. Kirk: Don't believe them. Don't trust them.
    Captain Spock: They're dying.
    Captain James T. Kirk: Let them die!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Not comfortable making this post on these... sparesly moderated forums, but, basicly, either we'll see a proper KDF faction or Dstahl is a notorious liar. :D

I'm more comfortable assuming we'll get a full KDF faction, but that might be optimism.

Not saying it's Dstahls fault, in any case.
    He might be guilty of optimism, too.
    I totally believe Stahl wants to do lots of cool stuff for pvp and the KDF.

I totally believe he will not get the opportunity to do much.

It's not his intent I distrust.

The point of my posts was that Being upset at this point does nothing but give fodder to those feds whom wish to see us tear ourselves apart complaining and fuels any deep resentment the Devs may hold for US KDF fans being upset in the first place over what hard work they have done in the past and feel we are unthankful for in thier eyes.

It does not help, but gives ground for our detractors to say, " See they will never be happy..." even when its not true.

I would be very happy to see some development for the KDF and my attitudes towards STO would reflect that happiness in both my demeanor and wallet opening more often.

Its time to stop the witch-burning of the Devs if they are being restrained by outside forces we do not know about and try to put pressure on that which keeps them from doing what they say desire to do.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I just got to say from the man him self

Captain James T. Kirk: They're animals.
    Captain Spock: Jim, there is an historic opportunity here.
    Captain James T. Kirk: Don't believe them. Don't trust them.
    Captain Spock: They're dying.
    Captain James T. Kirk: Let them die!

See everyone, as long as we ***** and blaim the Devs we give uncaring human only club members like the above an excuse to rattle our cages for thier own amusement.

Our ******** only hurts us.

Btw, Himself is one word.

R.I.P
  • Options
    xossetxosset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's tough to be KDf lately. I have waited in the queue for as long as two hours for Big Dig and Breaking the Planet before I just give them up.:mad: I could really use the fleet marks and dilith. 20 man event NEVER goes off, stuck with Red Alert and ground missions for fleet marks atm. Been in two fleets before making my own( 23rd TuQ Mauraders). I hear tell that there's a KDF fleet past tier 4, they have unicorns there and free Lattes! :D And stop with all the "execute" your DOFF stuff..I need them all..or make the reward 2000 dilith or something else worth killing them off. If you have 100 DOFFs, you can essentially kill your entire staff for 500 dilith..who's brillant idea was that? Now..Fed side..it's all good times. Everyone is happy..sez good morning, have a great day and gesundheit when you sneeze! I've even seen butterflies at Earth Sapcedock..no really..I have. :D
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »

I find this faulty logic.

We are players first and fans second for the most part.

I love my KDF and wish to see more for them but if we are being overlooked becuase we are just KDF fans then that is a failing on Cryptics part becuase we are also players in STO and have money to spend on more than just KDF content if we wish, but using "the numbers game" to validate not pursuing our money is silly.

If we where happier, more trusting of Cryptic becuase they earned it, then we would spend money on all aspects of STO including our feds just like many fedfans have a KDF alt that they spend money on it when it suits them.

Happy customers spend money, pure and simple.

what I ment to say is that it's an invalid way to see what faction plays more. (and therefore saying Feds should get more new content/stores, becouse of it, becomes an invalid point to give Feds more)

in fact it simply meens that KDF should get more till stroes/content is balanced

even if they switched it so KDF could play from level 1, without first makeing a Fed toon, the numbers are already faulty, because everyone that started before that date would have had a Fed toon. (same for Rom playable when those arive, they would not be able to go X% plays rom, so they should only have an X% sized content/store, simply because everyone before that date would have had a Fed toon, tottaly messing up the numbers in favor of Fed)
  • Options
    tsf00181tsf00181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, I think Dstahl wants a complete Klingon faction. I also think the bean counter will never allow it to happen. Its been said before so I'm not going to go there anymore. Cryptic has done their best to either show how to NOT to run a multi faction MMO or to run a mediocre single faction one.

The thing that gets me, most of us hardcore KDF players are out of stuff to buy. Cyrptic isn't making money off me anymore because I've literally run out of C-store items to buy other then doff unlocks and a few bridge packs. I occasionally pick those up, but the rep system is keeping me busy right now. Look at the recent costume sale as a example, I wanted to by some stuff, but I have already purchased the Academy Costume. Which is the only C-store costume.

And no I'm not going to buy ANYTHING for for my Federation character until the Klingons get some C-store products. I don't want or need anything for him. Just buying the Vesta pack to "support Cryptic" is TRIBBLE. Thats like giving to a charity, which isn't TRIBBLE, but if I'm going to give away my gaming money then it'll be to a actual charity.

I know this tread is about the S8 content, but ask this. Will there be Klingon S8 content if there are no sales generated in the store from purchases? It all comes back to that tiny player base and $$$ that they spend.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    snipped

My apoligies, Let me clarify.
    Not your personal logic but Cryptics logic that they must feed the feds primarily in all things at the expense of the KDF becuase we do not make up enough potential revenue for them to put forth the effort, when they cuased the issue by not being able to properly develop the KDF in the first place and over the last years of gameplay.

that being said, its high past time that they stop over excuses and rationals and we KDF fans stop crucifying them for it.

Lets let the fedfans ***** over the latest costume piece not being just exactly right to canon and we KDf can just keep the pressure on the Devs without the drama. In the end We KDF fans lose nothing but Cryptic loses a piece of thier paycheck.

R.I.P
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tsf00181 wrote: »
    Honestly, I think Dstahl wants a complete Klingon faction. I also think the bean counter will never allow it to happen. Its been said before so I'm not going to go there anymore. Cryptic has done their best to either show how to NOT to run a multi faction MMO or to run a mediocre single faction one.

Yeah, the idea that the IP would lend itself to having a playerbase that would support two full factions is simply flawed. As far as I can tell, dedicated Klingon fans are a smallish minority within trek fandom and all but non-existent outside of it. Why make it two factions at all? Surely the KDF and Starfleet should be allies against the enemy hordes coming out of the woodwork in STO. It might not directly solve the unprofitability of KDF items but at least it would solve the separate queues problems. Not to mention it would rid the KDF of its "badguy" stigma that keeps trek fans away. Of course that would make teh KDF loose its flavor.... but that's the tradeoff, niche vs. popular.

Ah well, at least Cryptic has given the KDF a real shot (more than PvP got at least). They have been trying to entice players to go KDF since the game started. Pre-F2P, It was a mostly accepted fact that KDF consoles and cruisers were better, presumably in an effort to entice players to go KDF and get it to grow. Now they have easy access to Dil and EC. Again, I say its to entice players to roll KDF alts, and it succeeded.... but those alts are purely farmers :/

The thing that gets me, most of us hardcore KDF players are out of stuff to buy. Cyrptic isn't making money off me anymore because I've literally run out of C-store items to buy other then doff unlocks and a few bridge packs. I occasionally pick those up, but the rep system is keeping me busy right now. Look at the recent costume sale as a example, I wanted to by some stuff, but I have already purchased the Academy Costume. Which is the only C-store costume.

It might surprise you that Fedside there's not anything worth buying either. Sure, there are some ships I don't have but since I don't want them in the first place its the same as nothing to buy. Everything seems to go to the Lobi store, a trend I do not expect to change anytime soon.

And no I'm not going to buy ANYTHING for for my Federation character until the Klingons get some C-store products. I don't want or need anything for him. Just buying the Vesta pack to "support Cryptic" is TRIBBLE. Thats like giving to a charity, which isn't TRIBBLE, but if I'm going to give away my gaming money then it'll be to a actual charity.

Complete agreement here. I can't wrap my mind around the idea some people still have that Cryptic deserves our money just because they make a ST MMO. I was understanding of people feeling that way when it was a sub game, but as a F2P game its clear where the focus is. They want to make stuff for us to buy instead of earning/keeping our sub by making content we want to play. Also, this 3 ship pack trend is MADNESS.

I know this tread is about the S8 content, but ask this. Will there be Klingon S8 content if there are no sales generated in the store from purchases? It all comes back to that tiny player base and $$$ that they spend.

It might not be so bad. If their claims of much bigger teams is true and if lockboxes remain a success we may very well see some non "instant ROI" items and content come out. Maybe...one can hope?

Comments in Red
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would like to see more missions for KDF. Not copy paste from a Fed point of view. Next is more uniform options. Finally more ships as well.

However I'm more of we will get what we get. Since the last few rounds didn't do nothing much for KDF. Which is why I'm doing more foundry missions to make up for the slack of lack of stuff.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What I'm figuring is that Season 8 will be like Season 7, but with a plot surrounding Klingon affairs instead of Romulan.

I expect a series of Daily reputation missions, with a Tier-progression based featured episode series, and an Embassy on a Klingon-Federation border world.

I am not expecting a bunch of new episode mission content.

Whatever it is, it will have reputation and Dilithium costs plus time gating so that it spans the entirety of the season for the average player.

It will likely be decidely Klingon themed, but I would not expect it to be Klingon-specific.

I hope not, because I'll never get to see the tier-progression episode content because I'll get tired of the repetitive grind required to unlock it. I'm good for about two runs of New Romulus before monotony sets in. There's no way I can do that for a second faction.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Star Trek is about story not flying non faction ships and looting the dead.
    It isn't likely cryptic didn't know this while getting this ip.
    But I promise this, this will be the last generation of developers telling customers what they want rather than the opposite.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I can understand your feelings on this matter. I just don't see what they can do other than this. No amount of content in and of itself will be enough to satiate players' apitites. So creating a specific amount of content, padded out with reputation requirements and Dilithium sinks is the logical way to go.

They can never keep pace with us... So they are making it so that we keep pace with them.

The problem with this is: This is a f2p game.

Allow me to take a step back.
    The archtypical asian grind-game consists of three things:
    An incredibly long grind.
    A cash shop with 'everything'.
    Pretty graphics.

There already are lot of games like that - the concept is not new - and it's exactly what STO is becoming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I can understand your feelings on this matter. I just don't see what they can do other than this. No amount of content in and of itself will be enough to satiate players' apitites. So creating a specific amount of content, padded out with reputation requirements and Dilithium sinks is the logical way to go.

They can never keep pace with us... So they are making it so that we keep pace with them.

For endgame it makes sense that all content would funnel one towards working together, but what the KDF fanbase is wanting is also the low level content that we can enjoy on the way up to endgame.

As it is now, this game has little content to hold one's interest but plenty to hopefully make one spend money that doesn't really tell a story or draw the player in to STO.

Its not about satisfying the playerbase, becuase that can't happen- even the feds have proven that. Its about completion so we have a full-story to enjoy as we level climbthat ties us into the main story of STO.

Thats something they can do, and it doesn't even have to be as much as the feds currently have but it does need to make sense from a KLingon/Gorn/Orion/etc point of view and not be another copy/paste job.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    * snip *

And who is to blame?

I can tell you (and you basicly stated youself):
    The people who play these games.
    Every single one.

Once people stop playing bad games these bad games will stop to exist but it either never happens or takes a long time.

Why is that?

I can tell you, too :P :
    Because most people don't realize a game is bad for a long time (if ever) - and a big swath of the rest simply can't get themselves to quitting after putting in so much effort.

It's an abuse of human psychology, basicly, but it's down to the individuals in the end.
    Free will and all.

(These kinds of things have been studied and it's a complex matter, no doubt.
    I'm not trying to make absolute statements - just short ones.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    cedricophoffcedricophoff Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I cant be depressed with my KDF toon .... Im in love with the klingon culture! and im still a bit high off "Alpha" that mission captured them so well. I have to admit i barely ever play this game, and when i go online i do a couple of Doff missions. Its not because the KDF have less content then the Feds, its because everything is so horribly unclear. The reputation system while a good idea in theory is just one more system in the whole clutter that they call a "mission log" if i could force them to do a whole season streamlining everything so you have one window for all info related to missions that would be epic. And sadly the only missions i feel like doing are the exploration (however broken and sadly neglected they are) and the oldest missions from the days when the game was just out when i was lvling.

I dident expect it to suck away all my urge to play this game but it does.... They claim to want to simplify but then add more marks for whatever new they put in the game. Probably all put in the game with the best of intentions but they need to start working with things that were in the game, that people like, and expand upon that instead of adding more and more ... TRIBBLE .... this game feels 6 different things glued together and fingers crossed if they work. Even the Star Trek in the name does not inspire me enough to bother to find a structure. Personally when i play a game, any game, i try and align myself with the structure of the game, and then try and expand on that with my imagination. The only thing i find myself in in this game is my ship and my crew. Its like having a toy but not having a place to play with said toy.

(Wow this is turning into half a letter)

Anyway back on topic... Cryptic believes that the KDF does not appeal enough people, hence they dont wanna give them more focus then the playerbase does. But i think the problem is that they are not a valid option from lvl 1. (amongst other things) and the fact that the exploration system (wich both factions use) has been ignored as a potential hole filler for the KDF (eventhough its like the core of any Star Trek series (except for the last movie where the focus is lensflares)) That said, most of the content that they are churning out now is for both factions so one cant claim that the KDF has been ignored.

PvP in this game is like it was in City of Heroes (RIP my love) completely ignored. And they couldnt even balance it anymore if they tried with the insane amount of passive buffs, set bonusses, special weaponry and so forth available... It would take an insane amount of effort that they probably could not monetize. So i highly doubt we will ever see PvP as a core feature in STO.

Try not to be depressed, there is nothing we or you can do to counteract what their plans are. Its obvious Cryptic has turned a blind eye to the forums (and lets be honest its probably for good reason (the bile that has been thrown around here at times, jeez!)) and its also obvious that the playerbase is highly fractured when it comes to what they realy want from the game. I love Star Trek, i love the Klingon culture, and im a Lifetimer so there is no real reason why i should not boot up this game from time to time as long as i dont hold my breath to expect things to change how i want them to change. Try and enjoy your ship and crew, maybe write a story for your captain? Find some friendly like minded souls on STO and chat with them about Star Trek, wich im sure we all love. Stand up for what you believe in even if people diss you for it (for example i will always think the lockboxes are shameful in a game about a universe where there is barely to no currency, or value attached to currency (except if your ferengi)) For me Trek was about meeting new cultures, trying to interact with them, getting over strange differences and coming together to learn new ways of looking at life, or interesting mysteries. It was about respect and the search for knowledge and wisdom. Never about gambling... (And no poker does not count it was just a game)

At times ive been harsh on the forums, part because im a bitter person at times, and because communication between players among one another and the devs in the past has been difficult. But i still want this game to succeed because it has a ton of potential. Maybe one day ill wake up and discover the devs on the forums again, not getting hurt because some people express themselves badly and just flame because they are disappointed and cant express the reason in a more civil manner. And together we could turn this game into something we all dreamed off. (and i still want my fixed exploration system!) i want to seek out new life and civilizations. I want to go where no man has gone before (no dirty jokes you TRIBBLE!) I love the idea of randomized events that the exploration system has atm, if only the bugs could get stomped out!

Jezus, ive been ranting for awhile now. Think ill shut up. If you read this far i salute you sir.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I like the idea of Klingon "exploration".

For one: I believe this is something a foundry and/or writing contest can help with: Exploration missions - since they are relatively simple (at the very least they have no complex story arcs).

I'm wondering, tho, what does Klingon exploration look like?
    - extortion
    - protection racketeering
    - outright raids
    - tribble extermination
    - Aid the Planet... with weapons (those replicated disruptors will do)
    - hijacking/Stealing stuff
    - sabotage
    - setting an ambush for Feds

... there's a lot of potential I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.