test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Depressed KDF captains need some good news.

oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
is S-8 going to have the long awaited KDF content or not?

STahl menitoned it in a ask cryptic earlier this year and re-iterated it on a pod cast, so we KDF types could really use getting the difinitive word as to if we are finally getting the faction fleshed out or not.

Why we want it.. and want to know about it.
1. good for the faction
2. good for the game
3. good for PvP
4. Sets the foundation in place for further missions/additions/etc.

Please clarify soon PLEASE oh Dev types..

We've been waiting for years now..it wouldn't kill anyone to spill the beans a little early this time, and might JUST generate more buzz then the more normal ways.

Fed players have plenty to do as they work thier characters up.. KDF.. not so much, and players still have to drag a fed toon to what level 25 before they can start a KDF toon..

need that early content.. need that starting experience. Difficult to have a romp'n stomp'n bad guy's faction if were still thin on boots on the ground because the players don't get a fair shot at playing KDF out of the box.

Khemaraa Iron Hand sends
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They're probably keeping quiet because, they're afraid if they to say what is coming for the KDF and then not be able to deliver then every one is going to be angry. They won't release KDF exclusive content without an equal sized update for the Fed. side. And if something needs to get pushed aside they will back burner KDF content for the sake of releasing Fed. content.

I can't understand why the KDF can't have an entire season devoted to them at this point, but that's not going to happen. Seems like if there was a big story content update for the KDF only, people would go and play the KDF.
    edited December 2012
    valoreah wrote: »
    Why? Not that I don't think both sides could use (a lot) more story content, but I don't think Klingon specific content should get held up for this.

Judging from their track record Cryptic and PWE think the only faction that spends money is the Federation. I feel like now is the perfect time to release a big update for the KDF. Most everyone is still working on the Reputation systems and building their starbases. So while the blue team not looking throw the red team a bone.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Agreed, anything the KDF gets should be KDF-specific. I don't trust the developers to come up with 'Klingon-themed' content that doesn't feel shallow and like something that was initially Federation with a 'Klingon flavor' thrown on for the KDF faction.

Not to mention the fact that the KDF has less faction-specific content than the Federation as it is.

At the point, the KDF really should get a full season devoted to content for the faction, if only to help balance the content levels out. Of course, since Cryptic is apparently vulnerable to the demands of the Federation players, this likely won't happen.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Judging from their track record Cryptic and PWE think the only faction that spends money is the Federation. I feel like now is the perfect time to release a big update for the KDF. Most everyone is still working on the Reputation systems and building their starbases. So while the blue team not looking throw the red team a bone.

Personally, if Cryptic made a bunch of missions and stuff for the KDF and the rewards were account bound so people could transfer them over to their Fed characters if they so wished, people would eat that up.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Last time we were promised content, we got rabbit-hunting.

^^

Even so, I fully support a complete re-work of the KDF.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    -Devs confirm such
    -S8 doesn't have such
    -Rage

No, I think they'd rather keep things to themselves, if it has the KDF content you want, you'll start seeing teasers soon enough.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
    edited December 2012
    Agreed, anything the KDF gets should be KDF-specific. I don't trust the developers to come up with 'Klingon-themed' content that doesn't feel shallow and like something that was initially Federation with a 'Klingon flavor' thrown on for the KDF faction.

I got to say when the Devs decide to make Klingon content fo Klingons they do it rather well. The Klingon missions in the Federation war series and the Fek'Ihri missions felt very Klingon. The problem is that there has only been one Klingon only mission in about 2 years. Every thing else has been Fed missions with the dialogue changed.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    they said two ask cryptics ago that they will not be able to fix the kdf by S8 or anytime soon.
    So don't bother asking for anything KDF wise.

You see, only 10 percent of the people play the kdf so why should they fix it?

Conversely, nobody bought tablets when the originally came out 10 years ago. So why even try to fix and improve them?
    It simply doesn't make sence.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Last time we were promised content, we got rabbit-hunting.

^^

Even so, I fully support a complete re-work of the KDF.

Better than the shooting the same three dudes in the face for an hour and half at a time that was Nukura.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    chalpen wrote: »
    they said two ask cryptics ago that they will not be able to fix the kdf by S8 or anytime soon.
    So don't bother asking for anything KDF wise.

You see, only 10 percent of the people play the kdf so why should they fix it?

Conversely, nobody bought tablets when the originally came out 10 years ago. So why even try to fix and improve them?
    It simply doesn't make sence.

Well, given they have been focusing on PvP recently, which has a far less population than the KDF. Why not? :P

But since Season 8 is around KDF content, that will be the fix.
    I got to say when the Devs decide to make Klingon content fo Klingons they do it rather well. The Klingon missions in the Federation war series and the Fek'Ihri missions felt very Klingon. The problem is that there has only been one Klingon only mission in about 2 years. Every thing else has been Fed missions with the dialogue changed.

In all the missions in STO, the Klingon storyline is my favorite. And I look forward to what they bring forward for Season 8.

Hopefully they will get in the swing of things and expand afterwards, there is so much more potential with the Klingon Storylines than what I see with the Federation.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Last time we were promised content, we got rabbit-hunting..

And songs are still being sung about it over the bloodwine!
    <3
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    is S-8 going to have the long awaited KDF content or not?

STahl menitoned it in a ask cryptic earlier this year and re-iterated it on a pod cast, so we KDF types could really use getting the difinitive word as to if we are finally getting the faction fleshed out or not.

Why we want it.. and want to know about it.
    1. good for the faction
    2. good for the game
    3. good for PvP
    4. Sets the foundation in place for further missions/additions/etc.

Please clarify soon PLEASE oh Dev types..

We've been waiting for years now..it wouldn't kill anyone to spill the beans a little early this time, and might JUST generate more buzz then the more normal ways.

Fed players have plenty to do as they work thier characters up.. KDF.. not so much, and players still have to drag a fed toon to what level 25 before they can start a KDF toon..

I can patiently wait for them to flesh out the KDF - I am hoping that they make it so you can start from a Bekk and move your way up in the ranks. More KDF story episodes is what I desire the most along with a revamping of the ranking system.

I mean the KDF storylines are far more superior and interesting than the Fed story arcs.
    need that early content.. need that starting experience. Difficult to have a romp'n stomp'n bad guy's faction if were still thin on boots on the ground because the players don't get a fair shot at playing KDF out of the box.

Khemaraa Iron Hand sends

YOU Sir or Maddam - Offend me - I am a Proud Warrior of the Empire - I am NOT a bad guy. :mad:

The ONLY BAD Guys I see is the Federation with their bewitching words & their pleasure boats -> In my eyes they are no better than the BORG - At least the Borg has the decency to let you know you're being assimilated.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is longtime ago I don't believe Dan Stahl! I think he's a really good at his job. give us Lyings. Cryptic give us promise to make us quiet and patient but they will not do anything for klingons.
    In other words. Nothing for klingons. That's the truth we should face.
    By the way, I think cryptic dev are thinking Klingon player are both rich and stupid. Don't you notice everything needs cash for klingon?
    Most of ships are in the Zen-store.
    There is no much uniform. But if you want new uniform. There is only 3 way. Dilithium, cristal lobi (means cash), zen-store (means cash).
    Special doff for klingons are more expensive.
    And now when you have purple gorn boff, it becomes blue when you use it.
    Cryptic dev make klingon side as degusting and poor and ugly faction. Shame on devs cryptic. They have no respect for players nor Star Trek univers neither.
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is going to be just like all the other times.
    The Dev's are going to release posts on content that are OMGWFTPWNEDBBQ SEASON 8 WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!11!!!1!! Jaw Dropping. So episdic i cried....

... and then there will be no KDF content and we will all be chasing bunnies and scanning rocks... again... IJS.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Why? Not that I don't think both sides could use (a lot) more story content, but I don't think Klingon specific content should get held up for this.

No doubt. Stalling KDF development becuase of such an excuse has never been a valid reason and is at the heart of why many KDF fans have such distrust in thier souls for Cryptic.

I personally am tired of carrying such distrust but I will not set it aside until we KDf fans see a real move to complete the faction and increase its level of gameplay in STO so it offers more than a difference in the UI's.

Give us story, intrigue and excitement that ties into the backstory of the game and makes the KDF another option for seeing how things unfold in STO rather than a copy/paste job.

Why? becuase it would be nice to have confidence in my reply when I tell someone about STO and say, " Yes, you can play the Empire in STO, but....." only to dash thier hopes on the "...... it needs work to be complete".
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I enjoyed the first 2 series of episodes, from then on it is just a cut n' paste job. The Romulan Mystery played out quite well with a KDF toon since the plot can easily bend toward the KDF perspective, with the whole 'do the honourable thing and support Obisek' thing - hating Romulans helps too.

The Dominion missions were just stupid. I am not a diplomat, I am a warrior. Why the hell would I be chosen to attend talks on DS9 regarding the Borg? Why then am I running around as a Feddie lapdog letting all the diplomats know Kirland would be late? And why...WHY am I the one trying to convince all the representatives to help...even S'taass, my KDF superior! My concern should have been on the Empire and TRIBBLE everyone else. I failed all those optionals on purpose, apart from helping S'taass of course.

And it gets better, I have to do more Feddie 'requests' on Bajor - and then for some reason I get to visit a high security and very secret Federation Penal Colony. Because you would give keys to the place keeping your KDF prisoners to a KDF general, obviously...

I'm playing through the Breen plot now, and then the others. I expect more cut n' paste but at least here I am through the worst of it...although I suspect the Undine plot (which we should be dealing with from the very beginning) will irritate me since it will be more diplomatic missions.

I put off the KDF toon for so long because I knew these problems existed, but I caved in. I do hope that S8 would be good for the faction because it has real potential - it deserves more attention than it gets.
    edited January 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    4, maybe if its not deserted and forgotten like the KDF.

Show me the deserted and forgotten KDF.

Everytime I log in to play, Qo'nos air space is packed to the point of not being able to fly easily much less even see one's own vessel.

Wether its hardcore fans only playing thier KDF toons or feds playing thier KDF alts, activity on the KDF side has grown significantly in the last year so "forgotten and deserted" no longer floats when one describes it.

R.I.P
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sorry but there is no chance they are going to fix the kdf. There is no point anymore. 3 years in?
    But bring on the romulans? lol
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
    edited January 2013
    I got to say when the Devs decide to make Klingon content fo Klingons they do it rather well.
    Truer words have not been spoken on this subject. They rock the KDF content when they put thier minds to the task. :D

Unfortunately knowing how good they can do the job doesn't help when they pass us by on release day due to "circumstances" and leave us hanging.

You are right though, when they do create just for us, they do it well!

R.I.P
    edited January 2013
    -Devs confirm such
    -S8 doesn't have such
    -Rage

No, I think they'd rather keep things to themselves, if it has the KDF content you want, you'll start seeing teasers soon enough.

I agree. This may be the case given how poorly the KDF fanbase has responded to being let down in the past.

Hopefully they are reading this and snickering with glee*, knowing that we KDF fans will be eating crow in season eight.

R.I.P
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Stages of grief.

Eventually, your hopes are ash and you genuinely feel nothing but an occasional twinge about the KDF. You have made your peace and enjoy what you enjoy, with no hope or expectation of change.

I have a reputation system which is nice, some friends, and the excellent Foundry system. There is some truly excellent Foundry missions, and the opportunity to create more.

If, some day, they add good KDF content, that would be surprisingly cool.

But make your peace.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Stages of grief.

Boy, grief is a response to loss.
    We didn't lose anything.

If we lose anything it is faith, optimism, hopes for the future, whatever - but losing such will not cause grief.
    It will cause anger and resentment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We didn't lose anything.

Just our hopes, dreams, and innocence.
    <3
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It will cause anger and resentment.

Both of which can lead to the dark side of the force. And isn't the KDF side supposed to represent this?

Anyway who needs content when you've got all the nice shiny toys to play with? /sarcasm
  • selraxxxselraxxx Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    - and then for some reason I get to visit a high security and very secret Federation Penal Colony. Because you would give keys to the place keeping your KDF prisoners to a KDF general, obviously....

General;

No one ever claimed the federation High Command was smart.

:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Boy, grief is a response to loss.
    We didn't lose anything.

Step off, b.

I'm not a 'boy.'

Loss of hope, promise, and expectations can certainly cause grief. Not every (or even most) grief is caused by loss of a concrete thing.

And anger/resentment is certainly on the list of stages of grief.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited January 2013
    Step off, b.

I'm not a 'boy.'

Loss of hope, promise, and expectations can certainly cause grief. Not every (or even most) grief is caused by loss of a concrete thing.

And anger/resentment is certainly on the list of stages of grief.

Uh, sorry, I meant it more in the "oh boy" kind of way, not trying to imply anything.

Other than that: Nope, and I can't be bothered to explain in further detail what you can read up yourself easily.
    "Losing hope", also called despair, doesn't cause grief.
    It, itself, is part of the stages of grief, which do not apply here in the first place.
    Grieving is a very specialized process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
    edited January 2013
    Ah, ok, fair enough.

First of all, I'm not being completely hardcore serious about grieving over something in a video game.
    Second of all, you are wrong about grief, but it's not worth getting into a long stupid argument over it.

edited January 2013
    Ah, ok, fair enough.

First of all, I'm not being completely hardcore serious about grieving over something in a video game.
    Second of all, you are wrong about grief, but it's not worth getting into a long stupid argument over it.

You have yet to provide an argument.
    So far all you say is "it's as I say", which isn't an argument whatsoever.
    If you don't want to "get started" on this argument that you cannot win: I understand that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • thyuberdudethyuberdude Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Challenge Issued!

Match set!

~~~~~~~ FIGHT!!!!~~~~~~~~