test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 10, 2013)

124»

Comments

• wakerwwakerw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know its not a big thing at all, just kind of wondering if the visuals for the omega autocarbine, all the marks, were going to be fixed at some point. Kind of wierd that its the only gun that doesnt show up on your back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wake@phoenixrw, Supreme Chancellor of Roughneck Alpha Fleet.
  • resistance9resistance9 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    do you guys have any plans to introduce a fleet odey at some point in time?
    i ask because when a fleet excelsior flies up next to me with higher hull and shields its relay annoying considering they are 1/4 the size and about 200 years older. ''The pinicale of star fleet design'' the flagship... shouldn't it be more than a whale flopping around with less capability than a 300 year old star ship refit for fleet use?
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is just one server. No servers, just one.

As for the programming , I think Cryptic writing in the patch notes : "General software (or hardware) updates" is something that is both short but informative enough.

As for a night shift team... I would rather have more modellers and texturers to make new ships, outfits , and so on, then just to have maintenance at a slightly less annoying time.

But I doubt PWE would spend money on either.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    an hour and 5 minutes for a scotty on this maitnence from this post anything after is on time or extended
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i ask because when a fleet excelsior flies up next to me with higher hull and shields its relay annoying considering they are 1/4 the size and about 200 years older. ''The pinicale of star fleet design'' the flagship... shouldn't it be more than a whale flopping around with less capability than a 300 year old star ship refit for fleet use?

Size doesn't matter :P... Well, you posted in the wrong sub-forum, if you don't want your comment to be lost, then open a Thread in the "General Community Feedback"-forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its a shame that all the servers go down all at once, surelly Cryptic doesn't have all the servers in one place? If they dont and have say 3 groups of servers ie.. US, Europe and Far East I cant understand why they cant bring it down one at a time during night hours?

Moot point even if they did. It's all part of the same shard (or "server") and yes, most of the server computers are located in a DC in the East coast if I remember right.

Cryptic/PWE do have a network team on call 24/7/365 ;) But if something blows up with the patch it's not like said network team has the ability to alter the code last moment :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    amahood wrote: »
    Not if your retired... or disabled.. or on a day off... or ...

I would imagine the population of retired, disabled, day off, etc would be pretty small for the whole game population. The good of the many etc etc.

Not that I don't feel your pain, commonly I report to work in the afternoon on Thursdays (US) and this often precludes me from playing during my off time. So I catch up on the forums, ensure I have clean underwear for the following week, and make the house look less like a targ runs the place. I am in that small number of people impacted by their routine, but in the end it is just how it has to be.

I just hope for the the 3rd birthday they "reinstate" some of the launch bugs for nastalgia overa weekend. I want to fly my reliant around on the starbase and walk my captain through sector space again. Just for kicks and screenshots. Call it a Q thing or a spatial distortion.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sorry but 2PM isn't exactly "Prime Time" in Europe either ... most Europeans have to work at that time ... people in Siberia or Kazakhstan are the real victims here :P

Agree...How come 2pm is EU primetime.....I'm sure Europeans do work as Americans do :D

2pm should be primetime but for work not for playing STO...unless you do work for Cryptic....

You guys get a 4 day workweek...enjoy but the rest of the world still have to pay subs/bills including DEVS :cool:
    DUwNP.gif

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The team just got back into the swing of things on Monday, so it's understandable since this just went to Tribble yesterday :)

Maintenance times vary depending on what needs to be completed.

The team is investigating many of the Foundry issues that have been posted about in the Foundry Bugs forum. We're hoping to have many of them resolved very soon.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You forgot the TM... :D
    Its a shame that all the servers go down all at once, surely Cryptic doesn't have all the servers in one place? If they don't and have say 3 groups of servers ie.. US, Europe and Far East I cant understand why they cant bring it down one at a time during night hours?

...ONE Server to rule them all...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Your statement is only partly true.

There are 3 versions of the Excelsior and 2 versions of the Odyssey:

T3 Excelsior: 26000 hull, 100% shields
    T5 Excelsior Retrofit: 39000 hull, 100% shields
    T5 Fleet Excelsior Retrofit: 42900 hull, 110% shields

(Free & C-Store) Odyssey: 42000 hull, 115% shields

So yes, the Fleet Excelsior has slightly more hull (2.1%) but the Odyssey has more shields (4.6%). Obviously there are other factors to consider.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You guys get a 4 day workweek...enjoy but the rest of the world still have to pay subs/bills including DEVS :cool:
    ???

I guess you only meant the French.
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I would like to know/have your income, if you can afford to pay your personal DEV(s)...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • jadonovanjadonovan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Server is up
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    Maintenance is now complete! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.