test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How much Zen have you racked up?

joker8mejoker8me Member Posts: 55 Arc User
Since the DIL/ZEN ratio has pretty much taken a nosedive, I was curious to see how much Zen people have cashed in for.

Keep in mind, the intent of this post is not to start a "my pile is bigger than..." discussion.
Post edited by joker8me on

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    5000 Z
    I love the nose dive!
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Around 1k+ zen. Not really sure about the amount, but I made around 550zen (bought a costume before the 20% reduction), bought a zkey when it was cheaper, then I made around 500-800.
    I'm not grinding dil, 2 of my characters are stocking it to purchase rank 5 romulan reputation goodies, only 2 of them are trading it for zen, because I don't really care about them, and the stuff they have.
    I have a low dil income from those 2, mostly from the academy lore question, and 1 of them from winter eppohs->mark->dil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    24k A few weeks ago down to 20k now. I don't go below 20k
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, prior to this, upon coming back to the game I probably over the last 5 months before December probably around 60-70 bucks worth of Zen, in the past month, I'd say...another 60 or so, just spent about 1500 on 3 fleet Doff packs when the Jem ship was possible and also 3 Doff slot upgrades, and now I'm sitting on about 5500, 5000 of which I should be using to buy the Vesta 3 pack, but I cant stand to watch my amount drop by about 90%.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Since s7 I have gotten enough zen with my dil for a Vesta 3 pack, 2 character slots, a respec token, and 40 master keys, while still having enough dil to get gear sometimes and to donate a reasonable amount to fleet projects.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    8k before season 7 26k now. 3 toons selling DIL, 1 toon saving Dil
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    About 2000. I'm not in a hurry for anything.
  • Options
    targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    a little over 4k, I spent that on Account bank space, which has been super handy with the Rep system. i just buy all the commodites for Rep projects with my character with a Tuffli and load it all into my account bank for my other characters to draw from.
    I have probably saved hours of time that would have been used mailing them all to character individually.
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I love the Dil:Zen being so low, I got 10k zen so far here. I bought the Vesta bundle for 5k and besides that there isn't much I want to buy but with news of several ships to be released early this year I decided now would be a good time to save more Zen. By Sunday I should be able to buy another 5k to bring my standing balance to about 11k.:)

So I say to all those with more money that sense or those who have too much money to care, keep pumping Zen into the economy.:D
    I made enough for a 3rd Character slot, and additional Bridge Officer slot for my KDF. Now I'm almost 1/2 way for a new ship. Which is my next spending purchase. I might get a Tactical Vesta for my new Tactical Capt. Or a cruiser for my Fed Eng. Capt. Just have to see when I finally get enough.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Made enough to buy 2 extra character slots (I don't see any options for a single slot, only 2 and 4 slot options) AND one of the Vestas (though I have to admit I had a 1600z headstart on that one). I'd save up for the other two, but I keep finding myself buying lockbox keys for when I need that quick EC fix...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I usually spend it when I reach the amount needed for whatever item I want, so my stockpile isn't to high.

If I'd recap the items I've bought since S7 launched, I spent around 10k Zen on them, all of it from the Dil. exchange. (4x2 character slots, Vesta-bundle, Regent, Bajoran uniform, 1x 25 Doff slots and one or two support doff packs).
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmm. Maybe 4k? Hard to say, since I was sitting on a couple k before the big selloff started, and have spent some since.... some doff slot increases, character slots, a costume pack (just before the sale, of course :P)

I'm planning on spending most of my zen, I'm just waiting for the winter event & my subscription to end, so I have a better idea of what things I need/want to buy. (inventory & bank spaces, EC cap, ships, keys, who knows....)
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I spent as soon as I got enough to buy what I wanted. Quick math tells me that since S7 I've gained about 2400 Zen without putting much effort in. A serious farmer probably has the whole store bought out by now.
    <3
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have bought about 1000 zen since the market went below 100, I have really been loving it I basicly just spent 10$ on a 25$ ship.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im upto 15k exacually, i did have a little bit more but i spent 500 on a respec token after the fiasco with the changing of rep abilities like the shields and 250 on the uniform slots (250 for 2 extra slots for every character on the account is an absolute bargain to me), saves going to the tailor when you have 4+ outfits to choose from :D
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    since the market fell i did some 6k, but also used it for DOFF slots, Bank slots for my new toon, some 20 Keys cause i wanted the LOBI for the Tholian Console..

i do now sit on some 150k refined dill, but i want to use it for the romulan BOFFs, so that is what i am NOT going to convert.

i suppose we do have to 10-14 days till the prize will rise.

i could need more DOFF slots, so i will try to do another 1k till then.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Think I have like 76 ZEN, not sure what to spend it all on.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    Bought around 4.000 Zen on the dil exchange over the last 3 weeks or so, spent it on outfits, a ship and respec tokens. Still need another 1.000 Zen or so to get another ship I want but then I'll probably not bother with Zen for a good while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    ljblackljblack Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Newbie question. How do you get Zen?
  • Options
    spock1003spock1003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ljblack wrote: »

Buy it from cryptic, fill in surveys which spam you with email or get it off the dilithium exchange.

Fix the crew losses on a Vo'quv Carrier! Also the BOP AI!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ljblack wrote: »

you can buy it using real money (boo hiss) - at the charge zen link at the top of the forum - or when in game you can trade for it with Dilithium - next to the mini map is a down arrow, first option is the Dil exchange

To get bucket loads of dil, see here http://www.stowiki.org/Dilithium
  • Options
    leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Recently I bought 1600 Zen from the "broken" Dilithium Store. I'll use them to buy a B'Rel BoP when the 20% Discount will come up.
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I lost track but around 150-180zen per day for a month or two so far not including prior rates........maybe in the neighborhood of 8-10kzen just from dilithium trades.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In total, I ended up with about a grand total of 2k Zen, gained in periodic transactions throughout December. I have yet to buy anymore this month, due to my dilithium having gone toward the Hyper Plasma Torpedo, the Omega Plasma Torpedo, and now going to an Elite Fleet Sniper Rifle. After I get that rifle, I do hope to start saving up dilithium again so I can be buying more Zen.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've exchanged dil for around 3000 Zen so far, got myself a free ship, but I don't think I will do much more of that as I've now got everything I want from the C-Store and need the dil for dil things more.
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    defalus wrote: »
    I love the Dil:Zen being so low, I got 10k zen so far here. I bought the Vesta bundle for 5k and besides that there isn't much I want to buy but with news of several ships to be released early this year I decided now would be a good time to save more Zen. By Sunday I should be able to buy another 5k to bring my standing balance to about 11k.:)

So I say to all those with more money that sense or those who have too much money to care, keep pumping Zen into the economy.:D

You know I am one of thoe pumping Zen into the economy but with threads like this and the ones about the crashing Dil market. I think I am gonna refrian from a while since I have far more Zen(bought with real world cash) than I do Dil, since it seems I am upside down profit wise in this current marketplace.
  • Options
    allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I play (again) since Free2Play. I traded in dilithium even at 300, now at 80. This is my purchase history:

725 100doff
    725 100doff
    725 100doff
    625 2charslots
    2000 D'Kyr
    800 akira2 (-20%?)
    2000 akira3 (-20%)
    600 saber2 (-20%)
    ---S7----
    400 invslots
    500 2shipslots
    300 bankslot

and stockpile:

====
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I haven't really been farming dil (winter wonderland and doing Foundry missions mostly), so only about 1.5-2K, and that's pouring all my dil to the exchange. Along with $20 of zen, I got +100 doff slots for all my toons, and some keys to try some of the old boxes with the reruns, since I missed the Ferengi and Tholian ones.