Options

How much Zen have you racked up?

2»

Comments

• Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Zen made: Zip.

I contribute a lot to fleet projects, and Dilithium is consequently worthy more to me than Zen. If there is something in the C-Store that I actually want (and right now, there certainly isn't) then I'll just fork over the cash.

I might re-evaluate my decision to hoard all this Dilithium if the exchange heads toward 25. At this point - I have every reason to suspect it may.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    joker8mejoker8me Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Interesting responses, keep in mind I would not be shocked if Cryptic/PWE decided to raise C-Store prices by 40-50% across the board in the near future.

As far as I know there is nothing legal standing in their way to stop them from doing so since it is their own product(s) to price and sell.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    joker8me wrote: »
    Interesting responses, keep in mind I would not be shocked if Cryptic/PWE decided to raise C-Store prices by 40-50% across the board in the near future.

As far as I know there is nothing legal standing in their way to stop them from doing so since it is their own product(s) to price and sell.

Do they have every right to do that? Yes.

Would it be an incredibly stupid thing to do? You better damn believe it.

Their are several reasons why that is, the biggest of which is that the low cost of dilithium is a very good thing for Cryptic as it means that money is on it's way into the game rather than out. If they can get it down to 25/1 then that would be a reason to throw an office party hard enough to shift the building a couple inches. :P

Secondly, the C-Store isn't exactly popular right now, raising the prices would only make it even less popular.

If Cryptic raised the C-Store prices I would be very shocked as that would be the stupidest thing Cryptic could possibly do right now.
  • Options
    ghqcommandghqcommand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Enjoy it while it lasts folks.

It's all happy joy joy during the holiday seasons to get players hooked but they will go straight back into money making mode by encouraging us to put cash into the game.

PW will stop putting zen on the exchange and the current 200k maybe 300k zen will dry up in no time.

No one thinks there are players trying to buy dil at the current prices do they?
  • Options
    ghqcommandghqcommand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    joker8me wrote: »

I doubt they will ever do that, too much work for them.

They will just stop fixing the exchange for the holiday season. Something I'm happy about and hope they do every year.

it looks like they wanted to create a seriously fun experience during a time they could get a lot of new long term players and prove the game has changed for the better since the bad reviews season 5 and before. This was their chance to prove something and they have done it I feel.

Dec in this game was fun.

Now time to get back to normal and give me 300 dil for every zen I purchase with cash :)
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Do they have every right to do that? Yes.

Would it be an incredibly stupid thing to do? You better damn believe it.

Their are several reasons why that is, the biggest of which is that the low cost of dilithium is a very good thing for Cryptic as it means that money is on it's way into the game rather than out. If they can get it down to 25/1 then that would be a reason to throw an office party hard enough to shift the building a couple inches. :P

Secondly, the C-Store isn't exactly popular right now, raising the prices would only make it even less popular.

If Cryptic raised the C-Store prices I would be very shocked as that would be the stupidest thing Cryptic could possibly do right now.

Urg, I hope not. I get around to maybe play 1-2 mission (foundry + maybe a daily) a day and I am not even close to getting 1000 Zen. I was able to buy 440 Zen uniform and I have now about 200 Zen. I want to save up to get a ship or 4 more slots. I hope Zen stays at this level since normally it would have taken me months to just get 660 Zen.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My best Dilithium buy was selling for 1000 Zen, and using it to buy 2 Fleet Ship Modules.

Later that same day, I discovered that I had 2 Polarized Disruptor Beam Arrays Mk XII [Acc] [CrtD] in my bank, unused. When I bought them, I only paid 500k for each of them. I sold them for another 2 Fleet Ship Modules, 10 times the EC used to pay for them in the first place! Payday! :D

So, a load of spare Dilithium, and 2 Polarized Disruptor Beam Arrays Mk XII [Acc] [CrtD], and I got myself a free Fleet Negh'Var Cruiser! :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Enough for me to wish there was something in the Cstore worth buying. Really guys even with the costume sale there is NOTHING I want. Put out some cool stuff so I can finally spend all this Zen I'm sitting on.
  • Options
    vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ghqcommand wrote: »
    Enjoy it while it lasts folks.

It's all happy joy joy during the holiday seasons to get players hooked but they will go straight back into money making mode by encouraging us to put cash into the game.

PW will stop putting zen on the exchange and the current 200k maybe 300k zen will dry up in no time.

No one thinks there are players trying to buy dil at the current prices do they?

They are not putting Zen on exchange.
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    vesolc wrote: »
    They are not putting Zen on exchange.

And you know this how? Was there a recent - like last 3 weeks - that they would not do this? Mr Stahl comments about the exchange have always involved openned ended comments like we "prefer" to let players dictate the exchange. Never has he said never.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,106 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    about 500 a day... so.. near 7,000 now.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I predict the value of Zen will start to rise again as soon as we get the next lockbox, but it will start to fall a few weeks later when everyone is either disillusioned again with the lockbox system as a whole or received everything they wanted.

Right now I'm making roughly 100 Zen per day (I just have one character).
  • Options
    hachanshachans Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And you know this how? Was there a recent - like last 3 weeks - that they would not do this? Mr Stahl comments about the exchange have always involved openned ended comments like we "prefer" to let players dictate the exchange. Never has he said never.

Some people just refrain from using absolutes when they speak. And it's also true that you should never say never. Things might change in the future.

However, it's been stated by the devs over and over again that they do not manipulate the market. And why should they? If zen gets too expensive to buy people will stop using real money to pay for it. Obviously that hasn't happened since there's a steady inflow of zen to the dilithium exchange. There might not be anything in the c-store worth buying for those of us who has been around since the dawn of times in the game, but for new players there's still plenty of fun things to burn your zen on and it's easy to get some good equipment in the dilithium store.

So, how about we all take our tinfoil hats off and we can get back to playing the game and enjoying some cheap zen?
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hachans wrote: »
    Some people just refrain from using absolutes when they speak. And it's also true that you should never say never. Things might change in the future.

However, it's been stated by the devs over and over again that they do not manipulate the market. And why should they? If zen gets too expensive to buy people will stop using real money to pay for it. Obviously that hasn't happened since there's a steady inflow of zen to the dilithium exchange. There might not be anything in the c-store worth buying for those of us who has been around since the dawn of times in the game, but for new players there's still plenty of fun things to burn your zen on and it's easy to get some good equipment in the dilithium store.

So, how about we all take our tinfoil hats off and we can get back to playing the game and enjoying some cheap zen?

Sorry but i will keep the tinfoil hat on - Jan always see's a HUGE drop off in consumer spending - especially items that are non-essential - people pull back after holiday blitz. But the Buying of Zen with real dollars and exchanging to dilthium seems to be getting stronger the lower the price goes - ie less dilithium you get. So a)Either Cryptic is pushing the price down or B)people are selling their children and their blood at a fevered pace to buy Zen to exchange for dilthium at only 85/1