test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game launcher problems????

I can't get onto the game. Is the launcher down????
anyone know????
It happened after i logged out then in again to switch toons.
Post edited by chaz200565 on

Comments

• chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    oh its decided to work now. problem seems to be on and off sometimes.
  • pixelgatepixelgate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can't get my character list after logging in. It just says loading login server then disconnects my account. What should I do? Are there Game Masters for STO that can kick me?
  • jennyluvejennyluve Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    pixelgate wrote: »
    I can't get my character list after logging in. It just says loading login server then disconnects my account. What should I do? Are there Game Masters for STO that can kick me?

Hmmm... doubtful. The servers just came back online after an update this morning. It's very possible that you and everyone else is trying to get into the game relatively at the same time, ergo, you'll have to "wait your turn" as it were until you're able to get in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Been playing since launch.
  • pixelgatepixelgate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well it fixed itself :)
  • genix1701genix1701 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When I launch the game I get the "trying to update laucher" box. after a few seconds another box pops up that says "The patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function". Ive been playing forever with no issues. this just started now. The server is up and my lifetime account is active. Please help.
  • glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    genix1701 wrote: »
    When I launch the game I get the "trying to update laucher" box. after a few seconds another box pops up that says "The patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function". Ive been playing forever with no issues. this just started now. The server is up and my lifetime account is active. Please help.

Mine did this for over 3 days just before Christmas 12-25-2012, then I manually updated the Cryptic Launcher from another thread here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=378891

But now I'm back to the same error again, just as you've described.
    Look in your "ERRORS.log" file in your STO OnLine game directory.
    Mine is in: "D:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\star trek online"

May it will help you and others, but it is not helping me.
    Also make sure you have all Cryptic Server IPs ports open thru your firewall.
    208.95.184.0/23, which is the IP range of 208.95.184.0-208.95.187.255

BOL

At this point I have to believe that is Cryptic Server Overload, or because of your ideas of changing your IP resolves the issue; that they are doing intentional roving IP blackouts. :P
    Not that you cannot connect, but that your update is denied. >:(