test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steam overlay issues and Steam Wallet

Hello I am looking for help from other Steam users of STO. I am unable to purchase ZEN via my Steam wallet as it appears the Stean Overlay is no longer launching with the game. I have checked the Steam properties on the game etc and it appears ok.

I am awaiting for a response to the ticket I opened with Steam and the PWE folks say they are not seeing the issue with other Steam users and that I should be pursuing the matter with Steam.

I did see a thread from a few months back. There were some recent posts so I posted and the PWE moderator clsoed the thread so I thought we better start a new one. I also think if you are having a difficulty you should open a ticket since the lack of tickets was the evidence that my case is an isolated incident.

Here is the interesting thing. If I verify my file cache on Steam it says some needed files are missing and will be reaquired. Once they are downloaded, if I verify again Steam says all is well. Now when I launch the Game the PWE launcher now has to do a bunch of patches. Once it says we are all patched I go back to the Steam client and verify and the files are missing again.

I think the launcher is deleting the stuff I need for the overlay to run and preventing the in game store from working.

If any of you have run into the same thing and were able to resolve I would apreciate a post. I will let you know what I find out from Steam once they respond to my ticket. Also if you are having a problem please open a ticket. After all you can't expect someone to fix something if you don't tell them about it.

Thanks!
Post edited by druinwalf on

Comments

• leterryerleterryer Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ah good, a Steam user.

No, my friend, the key is not the STO Patcher, the problem is with GameOverlayUI.exe in your Steam folder. When you start up GameClient.exe (STO) you may notice GOUI pop up along-side it. If GOUI is not launching, you might want to check your Properties for STO. Make sure "Enable Steam Community in-game" is checked. You may also check your Steam settings, under the In-Game tab, make sure that same box is checked.