test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 27, 2012)

2»

Comments

• avertyoureyessavertyoureyess Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hiya All,

Just logged on to STO. I start at this screen

https://register.perfectworld.com/sto_splashB

On top it says "FREE TORPEDO WHEN YOU LOG IN" "Already Have an ACCOUNT (Click here to log in)". Maybe its the wording, which might need to be changed, but hey I m all for a free weapon system! :) Anyone else know anything about this, its new as of today. Oh you have to be logged off from the forum to use that link.
  • paarethpaareth Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Come on guys :) Pick a different date next year, this was a bit silly.

Reason:
    Many people are free to play on the 27th.

Me personally I have several days off to play but 27th is usually a day many can play.

As to crashing:

I get disconnects fairly often. Probably once every few hours, which out of beta is somewhat unacceptable. Mostly this is due to the fact STO rarely if ever manages to recover from lossed packets.

Re: Blame the internet connection rar rar rar crowd, no this is simply bad coding.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hiya All,

On top it says "FREE TORPEDO WHEN YOU LOG IN" "Already Have an ACCOUNT (Click here to log in)". Maybe its the wording, which might need to be changed, but hey I m all for a free weapon system! :) Anyone else know anything about this, its new as of today. Oh you have to be logged off from the forum to use that link.

I think it is about a week or two old. But yeah, the wording is misleading. It has already been pointed out to Cryptic.

The promo is for new accounts, not just logging in. But the Free torpedo launcher isn't that great for old users any ways, It is MKII I believe and doesn't scale.
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hiya All,

No idea what this is about. I went ahead and logged in so hopefully, when the server is up, I will have a free torpedo. Can't ever have too many torpedos, right? :confused:
    I think it is about a week or two old. But yeah, the wording is misleading. It has already been pointed out to Cryptic.

The promo is for new accounts, not just logging in. But the Free torpedo launcher isn't that great for old users any ways, It is MKII I believe and doesn't scale.

And now I'm sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are you one of those that are trying to run STO without a dedicated video processing unit? Like, say.. Intel Graphics? If so, please get a graphics card, and test with that, before blaming the game.
  • diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well I hope you have a fix in place my team mate @NekhronKirov has his primary character stuck in a null map he has been there now for four or five days. He has sent repeated reports and has not had any help. He is a life member and this character is almost maxed with all the borg and Honor Guard decorations and equipment level 12. It would really suck for him to have to loose this character to a game flaw. I was in the map with him and only by luck I was able to get out. I told him what I did and it did not work for him. please help him.
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • paarethpaareth Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    milestfox wrote: »
    Are you one of those that are trying to run STO without a dedicated video processing unit? Like, say.. Intel Graphics? If so, please get a graphics card, and test with that, before blaming the game.

I assume you are not referring to my post? As you've quoted nobody I have no idea.

No mine is just due to packets lost, playing from the UK. Happens on average lets say between 3-5 hours.
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well I hope you have a fix in place my team mate @NekhronKirov has his primary character stuck in a null map he has been there now for four or five days. He has sent repeated reports and has not had any help. He is a life member and this character is almost maxed with all the borg and Honor Guard decorations and equipment level 12. It would really suck for him to have to loose this character to a game flaw. I was in the map with him and only by luck I was able to get out. I told him what I did and it did not work for him. please help him.

If you are stuck in a null map, you need to open up your episode replay, accept a random mission, and Transwarp there.

And its Lose. Not Loose.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Is this the blue "Empty Map" thing that was happening in "Explore Unknown System" missions?

I got out of that by picking an old quest (say, "Stranded in Space") and clicking on the "transwarp to quest location" button. Using an old quest is to keep the EC price down, but any quest should work.

Other people used the Winter Wonderland event transwarp button, from the sidebar ad in the main mission/episodes/etc panel.
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nevermind... had to read the maint post. No patch today, just maint?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Read the announcement... That way you could have avoided posting a question that has already been answered.

Just saying...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, December 27th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. There will not be a new patch this week and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Your answer is in the post that was made about the downtime.;)
    Read the announcement... That way you could have avoided posting a question that has already been answered.

Just saying...
    You could have not read my post and avoided your snarkey post also...
    Just sayin
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I always forget how many perfect people there on here. I am humbled in the presence of such greatness.
  • brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, at least it happened several times to me during transferring maps and STO crashed, a little bug report mentioned something about a nVid thing. Heck, I have 2 ATI cards in crossfire :mad:

Since S7 the fancy 'blur' like layer causes a lot of unfocused images in game, like blurry details in Tailor, unsharp wall/floor textures, blurry stars in background... When not moving after 20 seconds or so the sharpness slowly returns. Oh and btw, my system is clean & up-to-date. As I said: it's all since intro of S7.
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    them sending devs on vacation and no patches was their christmas present and new years present to us players all over the world
    edited December 2012
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    them sending devs on vacation and no patches was their christmas present and new years present to us players all over the world

TBH: I prefer no patches up to longer periods of holidays and devs not being at work.

There is a reason game companies don't patch up close to weekends... wait...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    brickyard wrote: »
    Well, at least it happened several times to me during transferring maps and STO crashed, a little bug report mentioned something about a nVid thing. Heck, I have 2 ATI cards in crossfire :mad:

Since S7 the fancy 'blur' like layer causes a lot of unfocused images in game, like blurry details in Tailor, unsharp wall/floor textures, blurry stars in background... When not moving after 20 seconds or so the sharpness slowly returns. Oh and btw, my system is clean & up-to-date. As I said: it's all since intro of S7.

im on nvidia SLI 580 and i crash alot on map changes its been like this for awhile. i always send a crash report, lots of people getting the same problem. and no its not my pc nothing wrong with my pc.

maybe in a few months it will get fixed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No patch but basic manitaince? Wow so lets see I go in to work at 1pm today and it is now 10:33pm and this will be done no sooner than 11:00pm which means with an hour delay I will not be able to even play the game when I am able to. Looks like I will be a day behind on the ice race now since I wont be able to play the game till tomorrow.

As far as problems goes, theres a lot of problems that need to be fixed, the one that needs to be fixed the most in my opinion is the chat feature. My other character in the same fleet as my primary doesnt have the fleet chat option just Zone and Local. It has been like this for the past week and a half and I am absolutely tired of always typing out "/fleet" before every post on this character to talk to my fleet mates.

Another thing that needs to get fixed is this whole server connection lost thing. Ever since S7 came out I have experianced this more and more. Some will probably blaim my internet connection but I can check my internet connection when it brings up the red timer and my internet is up fine and working at normal speeds.
    edited December 2012
    im on nvidia SLI 580 and i crash alot on map changes its been like this for awhile. i always send a crash report, lots of people getting the same problem. and no its not my pc nothing wrong with my pc.

maybe in a few months it will get fixed

I think his point might have been that he wasn't using nVidia at all, but AMD... So how that creates a nVidia problem might seem strange (provided he isnt using a nVidia chipset on his motherboard).

But considering that this game is build for nVidia, what you state here seems somewhat concerning.
  • evilmysticevilmystic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    milner62 wrote: »

As far as problems goes, theres a lot of problems that need to be fixed, the one that needs to be fixed the most in my opinion is the chat feature. My other character in the same fleet as my primary doesnt have the fleet chat option just Zone and Local. It has been like this for the past week and a half and I am absolutely tired of always typing out "/fleet" before every post on this character to talk to my fleet mates.

/f is the same as /fleet just /f is way shorter .. i have the same issue with my chat
  • birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For fleet chat I have a separate tab and never switch the selector on that one - no problem now.
  • michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    On the occasions this happens to me I go into Chat Settings, disable whichever Chat isn't working -- usually Fleet but not always -- and enable it again. That has *fingers crossed and knock on wood* always worked for me.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    Maintenance is now complete!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.