test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 21, 2012)

Comments

• dirtybag101dirtybag101 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    anyone else having trouble logging in or have they screwed up the maintainence ...again .

There was no Maintance yet the patch is delayed to Thursday no troubles here.
  • cptcumquick1cptcumquick1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thats really strange then , im getting the cryptic handler crash report , sto was working fine last night , and then not all day today ...any ideas guys ??
  • cptcumquick1cptcumquick1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    fixed, i had team viewer running in background , anyone know why this effects ?
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So your complaint was a little...premature?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • cdiederichscdiederichs Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    topset wrote: »
    Yes it does, I can confirm as I've just done this.

You must choose the "reset all" in the skill retraining screen, then set up your skills as you would like and click "accept"

Then when you go to the reputation screen it says "pick one" over all of the T1 reps, so it's as if you'd got to whatever level you are at without claiming a passive. Very handy!

Very cool! Thanks for the head's up! :D
  • slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So let me get this right, I actually want the rapid fire torpedo, that is why i did the mission in the first place so i lose that now, how nice...ever cross your guys minds to find out if that is what someone actually wanted, this is getting nuts, i do the grinding do the missions for what i want then gonna get it taken away, i am getting real sick of this TRIBBLE, you guys setup the system i do the work and the grinding and now gonna lose TRIBBLE again, not only the torpedo launchers but the shielding as well, this just might be last straw...
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    slick97477 wrote: »
    So let me get this right, I actually want the rapid fire torpedo, that is why i did the mission in the first place so i lose that now, how nice...ever cross your guys minds to find out if that is what someone actually wanted, this is getting nuts, i do the grinding do the missions for what i want then gonna get it taken away, i am getting real sick of this TRIBBLE, you guys setup the system i do the work and the grinding and now gonna lose TRIBBLE again, not only the torpedo launchers but the shielding as well, this just might be last straw...

For the record, the rep stuff is not a mission. Furthermore, the project was supposed to be for the hyper-plasma torpedo, which goes with a set, hence the change.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    Approximately four to five days ago, I started to play an entirely different game. While some of these fixes are welcomed, I am going to hold off signing into "Star Trek: Online". Before I do jump back into the action, I would like to see if Cryptic will 'consider' the following:

First, the ground STFs have some serious glitches. Lag, overpowered npcs, one shot kills, running psycho Borg, etc... Something is extremely wrong with the stability and coding behind the ground stfs.

Second, the remodulator does not work effectively with the anti-borg gear. Regardless about if you have the Omega Reputation Power or not, the Borg adapt to the anti-borg weapons way too quickly. You have to remodulate too frequently. Its is interrupting the fun value of the ground stfs.

Third, the ground Omega/Maco/Honor Guard MK X - MK XII do not feel like they are 'special'. Even though they have neat looking visuals, the gear's only other redeeming element is the integrated remodulator. If these ground pieces are specifically geared towards fighting the Borg, why are they not powerful enough to impact the stfs? Perhaps this is a glitch? I don't know. I can see the Borg adapting slightly faster to the Anti-Borg weapons; however, they should not be doing so with the specialized gear.

Fourth, majority of the players are no longer playing ground stfs. While trying to queue into the ground stfs, I noticed that only a handful of people play them. If their difficulty settings, glitches, and rewards are the problem, perhaps someone needs to reexamine why people like to play the ground stfs. Even though I personally like having a challenge, I think Cure and Infected elite and norm have become way too difficult. I use to play those ground stfs, but now I avoid them like the plague.

Fifth, after I unlocked my ground stf weapons stores, I noticed some older items have been removed. Where are the Anti-Proton Pulsewave Rifles? Where are the other Anti-Borg weapon types? Where did the phaser minigun go?

Sixth, the reputation system, fleet bases, and embassy gates are too bloated.

Here is how it currently works to get one item:
    • Step One: Grind through a number of projects to level a single tier.
    • Step Two: Once you get to the end of a single tier, you have to grind more resources to claim it or activate its upgrades.
    • Step Three: Upon completing certain upgrades, you have to grind to obtain the provisions.
    • Step Four: Once the provisions are completed, you have to then grind to obtain resources to buy the desired item.

As a result of too much work going into grinding resources and unlocking gates, the players are not able to enjoy the items they obtain. Since they become fatigued from all of the resource gathering, people are giving up on playing the game. Everyone is getting cranky, annoyed, and fatigued. While I understand grinding seems to be a standard for MMOs, the game mechanic is making single-player offline games seem more enjoyable.

less grind = more fun.
    less grind = more freedom.

On another note, I personally think "Star Trek: Online" has three different player bases. Withing one side of the room, you will find players that are accustomed to the grinding. Within the other side of the room, you will find players that are rpg diehards. At the center of the room, you will find people who like both types of gaming styles. As a result of have three different types of players, the grinding element of "STO" becomes problematic.

While the roleplaying crowd likes to play through Featured Episodes, the other crowd likes to grind out tons of resources. If "Star Trek: Online" keeps pushing for the grinding mechanic, the rpg gamers will eventually leave the game.

Since Cryptic has abandoned the development of Featured Episodes, exchanging them for the Foundry Spotlight, I do not see how they can come up with an easy solution.

You are new here no?
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
    edited December 2012
    Dont really care vegeta...They are missions, more time and effort and commodities go into them then a actual mission.

Besides dont care about the change. The time and effort to earn a 1,000 marks and other commodities have been earned then spent. Therefore if what i paid if for now being took away. Something else of equal value that i paid for should be put in its place.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    An addition was made to tomorrow's patch notes:
    General:

• Updated the Defera Borg Invasion zone wide mission rewards to grant both Omega Marks and Salvage items for levels 45+ rather than a random choice of one of those.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    An addition was made to tomorrow's patch notes:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is it true that if you keep Tribble patched and up to date, it makes the Holodeck patch faster?
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is it true that if you keep Tribble patched and up to date, it makes the Holodeck patch faster?

Yes. The updater checks the Tribble install for the files it needs first and copies them over.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    pingahead wrote: »
    Or you can get a job where you can wear wrinkled clothes....
    (Just sayin' )

Haha not a bad idea! :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Did anyone notice how the BORG space weapons are missing? I could not find them as omega store unlocks etc... not sure what is up with that... someone care to shed some light on it?
    In game: @vividh
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vividh wrote: »
    Did anyone notice how the BORG space weapons are missing? I could not find them as omega store unlocks etc... not sure what is up with that... someone care to shed some light on it?

Was announced WAY back during S7 testing that since the (borg) proc has never worked correctly, the space weapons were discontinued. These are terrible weapons anyways. You would be SIGNIFICANTLY better off with MK X Very Rare weapons with (acc)(critH)(dmg) that with MK XII (borg) weapons.
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vividh wrote: »

If you mean Space-Weapons with a [Borg]-Tag, that's not a great loss... With half the Borg-NPCs not classified as Borg, it didn't work so good.
    Go for Romulan Plasma, advanced-Fleet or the best normal you can find on the Exchange, those are much better. And especially if you take some from the Exchange, I could earn a few ECs with it :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    fixed, i had team viewer running in background , anyone know why this effects ?

I know why this happens. i don't remember the setting but it has to do with the buttons it adds to the top of all the windows in windows. if you need more info send me a mail in game @srafa.
    edited December 2012
    Ok upon patching since i cant have more than one of the new launcher. I am requesting a refund of all commodities i put into the romulan rapid fire torpedo launcher. if this cannot be done..i will be done with this game. I will not keep having you guys take what i work for and not give anything back.

Or i want 2 omega launchers. I have already put the time and effort into grinding for marks and commodities and you guys are changing and not giving anything back...This is sad if you did this kind of junk in real life you would not be having good results.At this point if this is not remedied i dont see any other option at this point. Whats even more BS it didnt just remove the second launcher so i could put it on another ship. IT DELETED IT ALTOGETHER. How fair is that..dont even get the chance to move it...Please at least give me the 2 omega launchers that is why i went and did the grinding because i wanted the rapid launchers....:mad:
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    slick97477 wrote: »
    Ok upon patching since i cant have more than one

Upon Patching what? The Patch isn't even on Holodeck yet?
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Has the maintenance been pushed back again? I don't see the alert for it and I don't wish to fire up some STFs to suddenly get booted off.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i am having the same problem i am wondering the same thing
  • dardnokdardnok Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    Has the maintenance been pushed back again? I don't see the alert for it and I don't wish to fire up some STFs to suddenly get booted off.

i agree was it dropped, there wasnt a noticed about the time change, the notice for the downtime was there before i went to be before midnight
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you mean Space-Weapons with a [Borg]-Tag, that's not a great loss... With half the Borg-NPCs not classified as Borg, it didn't work so good.
    Go for Romulan Plasma, advanced-Fleet or the best normal you can find on the Exchange, those are much better. And especially if you take some from the Exchange, I could earn a few ECs with it :D

Haha, I do not use the borg weapons, was just wondering where they went! - ACCx2 disruptors all the way.
    In game: @vividh
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    red notice has been removed from launcher
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    CO forums show the maintenance as moved to tomorrow.

What? CO notified BEFORE STO? Guess the world IS ending tomorrow. :D

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i did say it would be friday at this rate when they first changed it to today lol
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dammit! Once again I tied up my morning, just like I did on Wednesday, so I could get stuff done that really didn't need doing while the maintenance took place and would you believe it, once again I am wasting four hours or so of gaming time.

Only thing is, this time nobody could be bothered to give any advance warning of the decision to postpone the stupid maintenance.

What a way to run a business!

I guess it'll be postponed tomorrow, as well, especially when the Mayan calendar melts down and we're all lost in time, like tears in the rain...

I just can't believe the hubris of a company that is so cavalier with its downtime.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • antlen69antlen69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    so when is the server going down exactly branflakes?

greetz Goshia
  • jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Maybe the team's alarm clock didn't go off this morning. Yup, that explains it!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    World ends tomorrow at 11:11 AM GMT - maybe they're just taking an opportunity to spend time with their loved ones...
This discussion has been closed.