test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 21, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tonight, Friday, December 21st, at 12AM/ Midnight PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE (12/18/12 @6:06PM): We're moving this maintenance to Thursday morning. The information above has been updated.

UPDATE (12/20/12 @6:56AM): We're moving this maintenance to Friday morning. The information above has been updated.

UPDATE (12/20/12 @5:31PM): We're moving this maintenance up to tonight at midnight. The information above has been updated.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Wow, 4 hours down time. I may actually get something productive done with my day haha. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wooo! Looks like you finally got around to fixing super-crits in STFs! Very happy to see this, and I look forward to extensively testing it and going over the battle log to see what's what!

Thanks Devs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    One day early and twice as long = High probability of breaking more than it fixes.....

Good luck Devs.

Thanks for all the hard work.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Maintenance? On a Wednesday? *spit-takes*
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    From Login Screen:
    We will be performing shard maintenance on December 19th from 6-9 AM PST (1400-1700 UTC). Please check the forums for more information.

from Bran Flakes
    Scheduled Maintenance (December 19, 2012)
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Wednesday, December 19th, at 6AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Since I understand many players are very nit picky about the times being correct. I believe you have an issue.(note bolded areas)

6-9 AM PST (1400-1700 UTC)= 3 hrs

Therefore, shouldn't the time be:

6-10 AM PST (1400-1800 UTC) = 4hrs
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Probably because of the approaching holiday... Maybe many want to jet and get out of town.

But holy TRIBBLE! I new this patch was going to be big when they let loose a slew of fixes on Friday of last week. Then two more Tribble releases after that! Just fix and fix and tweak after tweak! *Slow clap*

This patch was a super NPC nerf though... looks like I'll be able to steam roll PvE even harder than before.
  • thewhisperedthewhispered Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Awesome patch. NPC nerfs too sounds interesting.

P.S - I was just getting used to the super one shots as well.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So given that some of those Omega/Romulan Tier powers are set in stone once purchased, and given that they will likely be nerfed/improved as time goes on, will we be seeing respec tokens to address Tier powers we selected?

I mean if Officer Joe got the Superior Shield Repair skill after seeing what it does in the game with other people, and then turns around and finds out it now only does a fraction of the healing after the patch, Officer Joe is kind of stuck and maybe he wants to get the other power now instead.

That's the problem with having 'permanent' unlocks that can't be changed -- if Cryptic decides to TRIBBLE around with them, we're stuck with their decision and can only make informed selection at whatever state said powers/abilities are currently in, and have no control if they change at all (especially unfavorable change) in the future.

I'm all for reading the patch notes and dev discussions, but even the best of us can't accurately predict the future on what Cryptic will or will not do with permanent set-in-stone powers.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    iconians wrote: »
    So given that some of those Omega/Romulan Tier powers are set in stone once purchased, and given that they will likely be nerfed/improved as time goes on, will we be seeing respec tokens to address Tier powers we selected?

I mean if Officer Joe got the Superior Shield Repair skill after seeing what it does in the game with other people, and then turns around and finds out it now only does a fraction of the healing after the patch, Officer Joe is kind of stuck and maybe he wants to get the other power now instead.

That's the problem with having 'permanent' unlocks that can't be changed -- if Cryptic decides to TRIBBLE around with them, we're stuck with their decision and can only make informed selection at whatever state said powers/abilities are currently in, and have no control if they change at all (especially unfavorable change) in the future.

I'm all for reading the patch notes and dev discussions, but even the best of us can't accurately predict the future on what Cryptic will or will not do with permanent set-in-stone powers.

You can respec your rep passives, if you have a token, goto the respec person and use the clear all button and put things back but with at least 1 change as it wont allow you to press the accept button, once you have reset those then go to the rep page and repick - i did that earlier

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=488061
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    with cryptic already messin with the reputation system skills, when will the respec for them become available? dec 27th? jan 3rd?
    edited December 2012
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    You can respec your rep passives, if you have a token, goto the respec person and use the clear all button and put things back but with at least 1 change as it wont allow you to press the accept button, once you have reset those then go to the rep page and repick - i did that earlier

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=488061

That's very informative. I was not aware of this.

So I guess the next question is -- are we going to see free respec tokens when they drastically alter gameplay mechanics, now that the reputation tier powers can be cleared with them?

Cryptic has at one point given free respec tokens when they signifigantly altered gameplay mechanics and systems regarding the skill tree. I don't see why reputation powers should be excluded.

I know it'd affect their profits by offering free respec tokens when they could just make Officer Joe buy a token if he's unhappy with the way they changed his reputation power. But it'd be the ethical thing to do.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    iconians wrote: »

Standard respect tokens do reset the rep system IF you reset all your specs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    UPDATE: We're moving this maintenance to Thursday morning. The OP has been updated.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited December 2012
    UPDATE: We're moving this maintenance to Thursday morning. The OP has been updated.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

A welcomed notice. I'd rather see a patch hit holodeck when it's ready instead of getting it out asap.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

make your mind up :rolleyes: , next it will be friday at this rate :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2012
    "Console - Universal - Nadeon Detonator" will now enhance any standard torpedo, instead of only functioning with Photon Torpedoes.

oooh baby, speak to me.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    make your mind up :rolleyes: , next it will be friday at this rate :P

No, no, no....it MUST be on a Tuesday. Canon, people!! :D

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Could we get descriptions of what the newer things like "Reactive Shielding" correspond to(I.E. T4 Omega Reputation Passive), for those that haven't memorized these things yet?

Is "Quantum Singularity Manipulation" part of the Romulan Space weapon/console set? I've been neglecting that reputation side so far, and STOWiki doesn't know what it is yet.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    What a shame, I'll have to put that mountain of ironing I need to do off for another day. Haha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So this patch will also fix the multiholds that the snowmen do?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hmm what counts as a standard torpedo? Nadeon detonator with a tricobalt torpedo would be interesting.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Is "Quantum Singularity Manipulation" part of the Romulan Space weapon/console set? I've been neglecting that reputation side so far, and STOWiki doesn't know what it is yet.

It's the Romulan reputation Tier 5 skill. It doesn't come in item form, so it isn't part of any set.
  • sonofmccoysonofmccoy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You mean my captain bio might actually say U.S.S. Vaudeville again?! About time! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So the rumor mill about the T4 shield passive changes are a little...well, some elaboration would be more than a little nifty, eh?

So the tooltip was ~1050/6s. There was an issue where the 6s was 1s. So it was actually ~6300/6s. Tada, complaints about it being borked.

Some folks have posted from Tribble that it's showing 265-288/6s. Course, couldn't get them to answer whether that was actually 6s or if it was like the previous 6s which was actually 1s.

Say we go with the 1050/6 and the 265/6.

It should have been 175/s. It was 1050/s.
    With 265/6, you're looking at ~44/s.

So that's a drop from what should have been 175/s (but was 1050/s) down to 44/s.

We didn't have the chance to test the actual 175/s. It was the lol1050/s and now we're (well, not me - not yet, was only planning to take this on one of my three toons) getting ~44-48/s or so.

That is, unless that ~265/6 is actually ~265/s - which would work out to ~1590/6. Technically higher than the 1050/6 - but since we had 6300/6, it's actually lower.

So a wee bit of clarification with that might be helpful - even if somebody wanted to chirp in with what they saw on Tribble.

Now, speaking of the T4 passives - the Omega Graviton Amplifier - the kinetic proc.

751.4 kinetic damage to the hull - not affected by/ignores shields.
    Not affected by resists.
    Not affected by buffs.
    Not affected by debuffs.
    Regardless of what's going on, it's always 751.4... is that just a combat log display error - or - is it simply not affected by anything: ignores resists, buffs, debuffs?
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Still no fix for Romulan BOff and DOff traits. I hope you guys know that the entire recruitment line of the embassy is currently a total waste of time and resources, save for this ONE Kit for Tactical Officers. I have apparently wasted an abundace of time, Fleet Credits and Dilithium on these BOffs only to get cheated.

Renaming these Romulan traits (as the patchnote says) doesn't exactly solve this issue, Cryptic :rolleyes:
  • cdiederichscdiederichs Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Standard respect tokens do reset the rep system IF you reset all your specs.

Whoa, wait... it does???

How does that work? If you reset all of your personnel skill specs with a respec token, the reputation system (Omega, Romulan, both?) resets to zero? Or do you just get to again choose your passive power unlocks?
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What a shame, I'll have to put that mountain of ironing I need to do off for another day. Haha.

Or you can get a job where you can wear wrinkled clothes....
    (Just sayin' )
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Whoa, wait... it does???

How does that work? If you reset all of your personnel skill specs with a respec token, the reputation system (Omega, Romulan, both?) resets to zero? Or do you just get to again choose your passive power unlocks?

Yes it does, I can confirm as I've just done this.

You must choose the "reset all" in the skill retraining screen, then set up your skills as you would like and click "accept"

Then when you go to the reputation screen it says "pick one" over all of the T1 reps, so it's as if you'd got to whatever level you are at without claiming a passive. Very handy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Approximately four to five days ago, I started to play an entirely different game. While some of these fixes are welcomed, I am going to hold off signing into "Star Trek: Online". Before I do jump back into the action, I would like to see if Cryptic will 'consider' the following:

First, the ground STFs have some serious glitches. Lag, overpowered npcs, one shot kills, running psycho Borg, etc... Something is extremely wrong with the stability and coding behind the ground stfs.

Second, the remodulator does not work effectively with the anti-borg gear. Regardless about if you have the Omega Reputation Power or not, the Borg adapt to the anti-borg weapons way too quickly. You have to remodulate too frequently. Its is interrupting the fun value of the ground stfs.

Third, the ground Omega/Maco/Honor Guard MK X - MK XII do not feel like they are 'special'. Even though they have neat looking visuals, the gear's only other redeeming element is the integrated remodulator. If these ground pieces are specifically geared towards fighting the Borg, why are they not powerful enough to impact the stfs? Perhaps this is a glitch? I don't know. I can see the Borg adapting slightly faster to the Anti-Borg weapons; however, they should not be doing so with the specialized gear.

Fourth, majority of the players are no longer playing ground stfs. While trying to queue into the ground stfs, I noticed that only a handful of people play them. If their difficulty settings, glitches, and rewards are the problem, perhaps someone needs to reexamine why people like to play the ground stfs. Even though I personally like having a challenge, I think Cure and Infected elite and norm have become way too difficult. I use to play those ground stfs, but now I avoid them like the plague.

Fifth, after I unlocked my ground stf weapons stores, I noticed some older items have been removed. Where are the Anti-Proton Pulsewave Rifles? Where are the other Anti-Borg weapon types? Where did the phaser minigun go?

Sixth, the reputation system, fleet bases, and embassy gates are too bloated.

Here is how it currently works to get one item:
    • Step One: Grind through a number of projects to level a single tier.
    • Step Two: Once you get to the end of a single tier, you have to grind more resources to claim it or activate its upgrades.
    • Step Three: Upon completing certain upgrades, you have to grind to obtain the provisions.
    • Step Four: Once the provisions are completed, you have to then grind to obtain resources to buy the desired item.

As a result of too much work going into grinding resources and unlocking gates, the players are not able to enjoy the items they obtain. Since they become fatigued from all of the resource gathering, people are giving up on playing the game. Everyone is getting cranky, annoyed, and fatigued. While I understand grinding seems to be a standard for MMOs, the game mechanic is making single-player offline games seem more enjoyable.

less grind = more fun.
    less grind = more freedom.

On another note, I personally think "Star Trek: Online" has three different player bases. Withing one side of the room, you will find players that are accustomed to the grinding. Within the other side of the room, you will find players that are rpg diehards. At the center of the room, you will find people who like both types of gaming styles. As a result of have three different types of players, the grinding element of "STO" becomes problematic.

While the roleplaying crowd likes to play through Featured Episodes, the other crowd likes to grind out tons of resources. If "Star Trek: Online" keeps pushing for the grinding mechanic, the rpg gamers will eventually leave the game.

Since Cryptic has abandoned the development of Featured Episodes, exchanging them for the Foundry Spotlight, I do not see how they can come up with an easy solution.
  • cptcumquick1cptcumquick1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    anyone else having trouble logging in or have they screwed up the maintainence ...again .
This discussion has been closed.