test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate non connectivity

linksonzlinksonz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Played fine yesterday. Today the patcher gets two errors

"Connection Problem"
Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection.
If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.

"Patcher error"
The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

I have seen the first one before, but as for the second "Patcher error" thats a new one to me.

please fix
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• darkside28darkside28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    same here please fix
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is already a thread regarding this issue:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=352481
    You can post your prob there and gather some info regarding your issue.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2012
    Meh, post and repost for all the good it does. It's not a new problem. Doing a search about this issue only shows how wide spread the problem is for this company.

It's just shameful.
  • admiralserenityadmiralserenity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've got the some problem, but alas I've tried everything from clearing the IE cache to downloading a new launcher . . to no avail.

Tried pinging the update server and connects fine. Now all I get is the delightful; "Patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function."

What to do . . ?
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Go to this link. I downloaded his launcher and it worked.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=270847
  • captainwestbrookcaptainwestbrook Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ga1en wrote: »
    Go to this link. I downloaded his launcher and it worked.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=270847

Didn't work for me. Guess I'll just wait for Cryptic's official patch.
    Join www.UFPlanets.com
    5 FED Fleets | 3 KDF Fleets - T5 Colony on both factions
    Mack.png
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Similar for me, but I actually got kicked from the game beforehand.

As of right now, the launched established connection and is patching some monstrous 4 GB of data. I have no idea why. The next patch is still half a day away, and it shouldn't be that big.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There have been some issues with the Cogent server host that STO uses. If your problem persists after trying the usual options (restart, new launcher install, etc.) run a tracert on the Cryptic IP: 208.95.184.0/22 (for Windows 7 type cmd into the search bar of the start menu and in the screen that pops up put in: "tracert 208.95.184.0" (minus the quotation marks). Send those results with a nettest (available through PWE support page; just google it) and your IP address as a support ticket to PWE. There is a PWE tech support forum post on this which the devs have posted on asking players to do this if the problem persists. Hope this helps.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thanks, happily, it's working now. (I just wonder what those 4GB were. It felt like I redownloaded the whole game.)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I've been playing the game fine since PWE and Cryptic got together. Now they release the new costume packs, and suddenly, I can't update the autolauncher, getting the same error messages. I'm told the only way I can fix it is to uninstall my disc version of the game and download the Steam version, which I flat out refuse to do for obvious reasons.
  • jimmylee19780209jimmylee19780209 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • jalasojalaso Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Still no fix and this game now totally sucks.
  • mspears75503amspears75503a Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Jalaso, since you seem to like repeating yourself on EVERY thread, I'm going to repeat myself too.

It's not Cryptic's fault (not this time, anyway). There's a server down at Cogent, the company that does their hosting. All they can do is wait for Cogent to fix it. If you had actually *read* this thread (particularly post #4), you would know that already.
  • jimmylee19780209jimmylee19780209 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    this is my third time already,the launcher can't worked,:mad:
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have the problem too. I was able to play earlier today, but now all I am getting is the same error reported here. Already filed a Tech Ticket....
  • jontronajontrona Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Need a working patchclient again.
    please hurry, because the universe needs us...

return of the same old problem:

"The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"