test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fatal Error decompressing data.

leveslylevesly Member Posts: 53 Arc User
Been playing STO for a few hours then the moment I join the Cure STF I get this:

Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Texture_Library/Ui/Kits/Team_Window/Team_Sidekick_Turnoff.Wtex:

Now I've verified my steam files and selected the option to force verify in the STO launcher but every time I start the game I load into the Cure and crash again.

Anyone go any ideas?
Post edited by levesly on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just out of curiosity, what Anti-Virus package do you use??? I use Nortan/Symantic myself and never had this issue...

And have tried configuring your Anti-Virus package to ignore the STO directories?
  • leveslylevesly Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I use Kaspersky Never had this problem before (and I was a subscriber for over 400 days)

Ive had the game since Beta and it's only now that its occurred.

I deleted my texture.hogg and it fixed the problem and Ive been playing since my first post now it happens again. Seems weird to happen so infrequently
  • borg7of10borg7of10 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well if it's doing this when you have your Anti-Virus active & running try turning your
    Anti-Virus off then see if it fixes the problem but if your getting the Error thats saying

Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Texture_Library/Ui/Kits/Team_Window/Team_Sidekick_Turnoff.Wtex:

it's very likely the Data involving that particular file has become Corrupted
    some how and I'd suggest if there's no Mal-ware or Viruses causing this
    issue just Remove the game and do a Fresh Re-Install of the game as that
    might work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • briacornsbriacorns Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thank you for posting this! I started getting these crashes when I got my new graphics card, so I just thought that was the problem. I am trying the re-install now and updating my antivirus to see if that fixes it.
  • bubba883bubba883 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi all..

i only started playing STO last week, before the season 7 update.

managed to get an evening together to join in the new season 7 fun,

and now i get the said error, fatal error : unknown error decompressing data..

now the game is unplayable. :mad:
  • kasseopeakasseopea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any solution now? Its so annoying, created a character with several crashs and now cant even play, because it crashes right at the start. How can it be?
  • extreme1xextreme1x Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I get these errors as well. In fact, I was able to get back on-line and then noticed that all of my crew members lost all of the advanced skills. Now I have only 4 to 5 hours into my character, so I did not loose weeks, months or years of work. I plan to start the character over from the start. However, I am concerned that if this happens again I plan to put the game aside until the future as it would be to frustrating to loose that much work.

From reading the posts above I observed a suggestion, it may have something to do with anti-virus updates (as I have mine set to every 4 hours). So I plan to disable my anti-virus update while playing to see if the error resolve themselves. Just a suggestion, have to start somewhere.

GL all.
    edited December 2012
    Happy to report good news :)

Last night I played for over 6 hours with no problems. I turned off my AV updates and for now things are looking good. I will give it a week before I would sound the all clear.

Yes, I did delete my character and start over from the beginning.

Hope this helps others.:cool:
    edited December 2012
    Well, great, but is there an actual solution now?
    edited December 2012
    Updating report:

After playing over 15 hours this past weekend. Happy to report no problem. I am not 100% sure this fixed my problem, but it is the only thing I changed and now it seems to be working.

Recap - removed the auto update on my Symantec Anti-Virus. Currently I manually update after I startup my PC. This seems to have resolved my fatal error messages and crashes.

Not sure this will help other, but hope so.
    edited December 2012
    Had to update it from 0 and deactivated AV, works now.
  • saphire832013saphire832013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am also getting this issue now, I have been having issues with this game for the last day, first the launcher wouldn't update on it's own, then I reinstalled the game and it ran the update, took all night, now it's giving me this fatal error problem. anyone know how to fix this? I was able to log in using my laptop, just so i could refine my dilitium, but my laptop is too slow to run the game properly. now how do i fix this so i can play again?????
  • jademcogjademcog Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not running any anti-virus software, newly installed Win 8 Pro. Getting errors like these, each of them from transferring to a different sector/area it crashes. Delete a *.hogg, wait for redownload, play for awhile then crashes again. Not sure if it might be a hardware issue or what. Can get a list of the errored files as they're logged by the software.