Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 12, 2012

2»

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Funny.

I have rather good gear (Mk XII MACO shields) as well as appropriate resistance consoles in the Enginering slots. I have been hit (more than once), by "invisible torpedoes" that have dealt in excess of 75k+ damage to my ship, when my ship had 100% shields and 100% hull. Explain that?

"Would I rather see my ship firing its weapons, or see an enemy projectile which is launched infrequently"

I'll take option #3: I would like to see my ships weapons firing, AND seeing my enemy fire it's weapons AT THE SAME TIME. Bridge Commander was capable of it. As was Starfleet Command, as was Star Trek Legacy, and atleast a half-dozen other Star Trek games. Are you now saying that Cryptic's engine (and developers) are inferior to games that are over 10 years old?

Good point. If you can't see the frigging torpedo coming at you, you can't prepare for it or evade it, much less even target it before it hits you. An it isn't just the STFs that have invisible torpedoes, it's also the sector Borg Invasion events as well, though their torps are less lethal but still annoying seeing the same animation and never knowing what hit you.

Edit: And in elite STFs I've been under the Emergency power to shields AND brace for impact at the same time and STILL get killed in 1 shot by an invisible something that explodes. I've also seen others, like you, who claim to have the Mk XII maco gear and still get their, uhh, ears, nailed to the wall in 1 shot. I don't have any maco/omega gear myself yet and never have but it seems pointless if it's suppose to give better protection against a certain type of enemy and it does as bad or worse than regular purple TRIBBLE from the exchange.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    About the GPL Conversion Console....any chance to adding the ability to use GPL to purchase needed winter items? Even if the GPL to Item is twice the cost of Item to GPL. Many of us have GPL just collecting dust in our "wallets" with nothing to do with it.
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The team is working on fixes for these. If I'm not mistaken, point 2 was only reported in the forums for the first time today. It takes some time to implement fixes, test them, and then get them out for you to test on Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So I can take it by your reply here that cryptic did 0 internal testing on the rep system to make sure the rewards are working? What kind of sense does it make to develop something and not even try to see if it works before putting it in game?
  • dertylondertylon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What about the "Zone Wild" mission bug in Defera Invasion Zone?

Even a "We're working on it" would be nice a this point...
  • ultijuiceultijuice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Still no fix for the fermion console...
  • ghqcommandghqcommand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    malkarris wrote: »
    Okay, I have to ask, why all the winter event changes? Forgive me if I am missing something, but none of these changes seem to be to fix anything game breaking. And why the beef up of the snowmen? This isn't an STF. Its something short and fun. Why bother making it harder? Cheater's corner I could see, but range of snowball launchers, which aren't useable anywhere else? Who cares if the range isn't equal? I just don't get you guys.

It's a long term content. It will be used every year, that much is evident. If there are improvements to make why not make them now while there is still 30 days play to get out of it and thousands of players still to enter the area for the first time?
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Funny.

I have rather good gear (Mk XII MACO shields) as well as appropriate resistance consoles in the Enginering slots. I have been hit (more than once), by "invisible torpedoes" that have dealt in excess of 75k+ damage to my ship, when my ship had 100% shields and 100% hull. Explain that?

"Would I rather see my ship firing its weapons, or see an enemy projectile which is launched infrequently"

I'll take option #3: I would like to see my ships weapons firing, AND seeing my enemy fire it's weapons AT THE SAME TIME. Bridge Commander was capable of it. As was Starfleet Command, as was Star Trek Legacy, and atleast a half-dozen other Star Trek games. Are you now saying that Cryptic's engine (and developers) are inferior to games that are over 10 years old?

I'm sorry but those games didn't have thousands of players online at once and never did I see Borg boss ships with 5 -real players in them, why because they were not a mmo as this one is so your reference to those games has no meaning in this case, I played them as well, I understand the frustration but like I said before its a priority of the game Borticus himself said back when it was being addressed that it might take some time to get the game engine to register the torps over some thing that may not be such a priority, I deal with it why can't you, If I die oh well I heal my ship and go back at it

Remember it just a game