test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 12, 2012

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121118e.29

General:
  • Winter event updates:
    • Added a mini-Q to the gazebo who can handle bank, mail, and exchange needs.
    • Added a Trade-in Store to the GPL Conversion Unit that will allow you to exchange Winter Epohh pets for Romulan Marks.
    • Winter event: Updated competitive race so that players are not disqualified automatically when a teammate is disqualified.
    • Added more snowmen that spawn if many players are on the map.
    • Snowmen and boss are a bit tougher if there are more players on the map.
    • Q now explicitly tells players to check their Duty Officer assignments while on the winter map to look for special holiday Duty Officer assignments.
    • Joining "The Fast and the Flurrious" race automatically removes Q's polymorph effect.
    • Extended no-knock volume to cover starting wooden platform of competitive race
    • The snowball fight now requires the defeat of 150 snowmen to move to boss stage.
  • Added shields and armor to the ground devices vendor on New Romulus for the reputation system.
  • Teamed players on New Romulus can now achieve the different exploration perks.
  • Temporarily removed "Romulan Plasma Flamethrower" from the T5 Projects list.
  • The Winter jacket can now display Fleet emblems.
  • Updated the cropped Winter jacket for Trill, Caitian, and Ferasan females.
  • Updated the C-store text for all the versions of the Vesta to include information about their consoles.

Systems:
  • Tachyon Harmonic: The Shield Drain component of this power is once again fully-functional at all ranks.
  • The "Omega - Style 1" unlock will now properly grant Mk XI visuals instead of the old Mk X visuals.
  • Obtaining a Mk XII set of Honor Guard or MACO ground gear will now properly unlock the associated Adapted set.
  • Updated Winter Event abilities:
    • The Secondary fire on "Flurry" is now 30m instead of 20m to match all other Snowball Weapon ranges.
    • "Flurry" primary fire now does slightly more damage per tick.
    • "Avalanche" primary fire recharge increased from .5sec to .75sec
    • "Free Snowballs" and "Unmelting Snowballs" now deal slightly less damage, but also have less damage variance.
  • Beefed up the Snowman Overlord.
    • Added a new Range-AOE power to the Snowman Overlord.
    • Snowman Overlord's minion summon is now a shorter effect, allowing him to take other actions while it's activating.
    • The Snowman Overlord is now more resilient to incoming fire from all Snowball Weaponry.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And "Cheaters Corner" is fixed right? Or was that in the last patch notes and I missed it?
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    castsbugc wrote: »
    And "Cheaters Corner" is fixed right? Or was that in the last patch notes and I missed it?

If there was such a thing and such a fix for it, it wouldn't be included in the patch notes for the test server. :)
  • Options
    darkprey84darkprey84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    castsbugc wrote: »

That was in the last patch update note http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=477281
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Okay, I have to ask, why all the winter event changes? Forgive me if I am missing something, but none of these changes seem to be to fix anything game breaking. And why the beef up of the snowmen? This isn't an STF. Its something short and fun. Why bother making it harder? Cheater's corner I could see, but range of snowball launchers, which aren't useable anywhere else? Who cares if the range isn't equal? I just don't get you guys.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You know what?

Point 1)
    We have been asking for a year to fix the ridiculous and 100% broken invisible Borg torpedoes and still nothing.

Point 2)
    What's with the non functional Reputation items such as Prostethic Arm or Romulan DoFFs and BoFFs?

Both nothing.

Great priorities. But hey, let go and immediately fix a temporary event.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    General:
    • Winter event updates:
      • Added a mini-Q to the gazebo who can handle bank, mail, and exchange needs.
      • Added a Trade-in Store to the GPL Conversion Unit that will allow you to exchange Winter Epohh pets for Romulan Marks.
      • Winter event: Updated competitive race so that players are not disqualified automatically when a teammate is disqualified.
      • Added more snowmen that spawn if many players are on the map.
      • Snowmen and boss are a bit tougher if there are more players on the map.
      • Q now explicitly tells players to check their Duty Officer assignments while on the winter map to look for special holiday Duty Officer assignments.
      • Joining "The Fast and the Flurrious" race automatically removes Q's polymorph effect.
      • Extended no-knock volume to cover starting wooden platform of competitive race
      • The snowball fight now requires the defeat of 150 snowmen to move to boss stage.

I like all of these changes. Was really hoping for bank/mail/exchange access in the wonderland to save having to go back to ESD and run all the way round just to pick up the drops from other toons.

Romulan marks for winter Epohhs is brilliant as I've got 6 or 7 elders now who I was getting ready to airlock.

Not overly fussed about the snowman battle changes, but I guess it'll make it more interesting if it doesn't end after one and a half minutes haha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    malkarris wrote: »
    Okay, I have to ask, why all the winter event changes? Forgive me if I am missing something, but none of these changes seem to be to fix anything game breaking. And why the beef up of the snowmen? This isn't an STF. Its something short and fun. Why bother making it harder? Cheater's corner I could see, but range of snowball launchers, which aren't useable anywhere else? Who cares if the range isn't equal? I just don't get you guys.

Got to agree with this post ;) , are cryptic trying to remove some of the fun ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    You know what?

Point 1)
    We have been asking for a year to fix the ridiculous and 100% broken invisible Borg torpedoes and still nothing.

Point 2)
    What's with the non functional Reputation items such as Prostethic Arm or Romulan DoFFs and BoFFs?

Both nothing.

The team is working on fixes for these. If I'm not mistaken, point 2 was only reported in the forums for the first time today. It takes some time to implement fixes, test them, and then get them out for you to test on Tribble.
    usscapital wrote: »
    Got to agree with this post ;) , are cryptic trying to remove some of the fun ?

We're actually adding in the fun. Most players couldn't even make it to the lake in time (even when they were in the instance) when the event started because the snowmen and overlord were mowed down so fast.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    malkarris wrote: »

They beefed up the snowboss because everyone has guns by now (mostly avalanche).

My flurry was a great investment (now with longer range)

Thanks zer0
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Brandon has a point. After day 2, the average time to kill the Snoverlord is 15-18 seconds in a decently populated instance.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • Options
    darkprey84darkprey84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I must admite it is a good idea to increase amount of snowmen needed to kill for start of Snow King and increasing said giant's skills and HP as I've been noticing that the battle's are over way to quickly now and it's fun just shooting snowmen
  • Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's easy to change instances and there's about 100 of them so it's totally possible to do more than 1 instance every 30 minutes and maximize your ROI. I understand though that a lot of people probably don't know how to change channels, took me a little while to figure out since just about everything in this game is incredibly 'cryptic' and unintuitive.

More snowmen to kill is good tho, should equate to more rewards. I love melee attacking him and knocking the boss down, that's fun. Increasing the Avalanche fire recharge time? What for? it's already pretty slow, as someone already said these are just FFG (for-fun-guns) and don't do anything else. Good idea to trade in Epohhs though, nice.

How come Q isn't in his chair in the Wonderland, he's just floating there....I know it's a very minor detail but...

And I'm still sick of the game crashing after I've played for an hour or two. Me thinks you must have captured enough 'crash data' from that by now.....and the server lag in general, why does it take 30 seconds to fit/unfit something from my ship? It's in 2 places at once sometimes the lag is so bad in just that area. Keep reporting it I guess.....
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The team is working on fixes for these. If I'm not mistaken, point 2 was only reported in the forums for the first time today. It takes some time to implement fixes, test them, and then get them out for you to test on Tribble.

I've reported the doffs issue during the tribble testing FYI. It's just the team repetedely ignoring bug reports. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012

You realise the irony of you saying that right? Of course a temporary event has priority for getting fixes, because of the fact that it's temporary. This area is only here for 35 days in total, so if they didn't fix it now, it would end up being fixed in time for the last few days.

Plus, as Brandon pointed out, one of the bugs you've listed was only found out about today, give them breathing time eh. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for the cropped jacket fix! Everything else is awesome.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    bames1701bames1701 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This may seem like a silly question but what is the status with the display driver malfunction? I have not seen anything on the forums and I am unable to contact support. I know that I am not the only one having this problem. I understand the need to keep the system up to date but. If you can't play then whats the use of updating content?
  • Options
    darkshadowstodarkshadowsto Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    [*]Tachyon Harmonic: The Shield Drain component of this power is once again fully-functional at all ranks.

It is really painful for me to say that, because I really want to see tachyon harmonics working again after that long time, but I think it now has a side effect which isn't working as it should :(

The shield drain works wonderful, so good that the targeted psg doesn't regenerate at all for more than 1 minute. We tested it within a pvp setup with tachyon harmonics III against [Omega Force Personal Shield Mk XII], no regeneration. We used a [Personal Shield Standard Issue] next, no regeneration, we then switched to MK XII maco, it regenerates, but only with the +2 shieldregeneration from [M.A.C.O. Armor Mk XII]. We used all other psgs we had on our toons, no regeneration effect detectable :(

I'm thinking that dropping the shields and not letting them regenerate is not working as intented and that you have to look at it again.
  • Options
    celillarnoncelillarnon Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Did you fix the consoles having two minus threat and no plus threat versions (or vice versa)?
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the Tachyon Harmonic fix! other stuff looks good too! :)
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It is really painful for me to say that, because I really want to see tachyon harmonics working again after that long time, but I think it now has a side effect which isn't working as it should :(

The shield drain works wonderful, so good that the targeted psg doesn't regenerate at all for more than 1 minute. We tested it within a pvp setup with tachyon harmonics III against [Omega Force Personal Shield Mk XII], no regeneration. We used a [Personal Shield Standard Issue] next, no regeneration, we then switched to MK XII maco, it regenerates, but only with the +2 shieldregeneration from [M.A.C.O. Armor Mk XII]. We used all other psgs we had on our toons, no regeneration effect detectable :(

I'm thinking that dropping the shields and not letting them regenerate is not working as intented and that you have to look at it again.

As the victim in this test, I will add that shields will regen if the tachyon hamronics III 15% shield offline effect procs, however after normal hits with tachyon harmonics III, the shields did not regen at all. During this test nothing else was used except the harmonics III itself.

We also tried weapons fire to make sure that it wasn't shield regen that was bugged and under other circumstances the shield regen worked as it should kicking in after a few seconds of not taking damage.

We also tried hitting our test dummy (me) with harmonics III and then while the shield was not recharging, the dummy was shot with a normal weapon and the shield began to recharge a few seconds later.

I think something is wrong with the shields themselves being unable to recharge after a normal hit from harmonics III.

The only shield regen that took place while the shields were drained was passive shield healing (borg nanites, maco armor passive shield regen and regenerative shield augmentation from the reputation system.), the shield itself would not recharge as it should.
    You know what?

Point 1)

Point 2)

Both nothing.

it has been mention what the problem with the invisible torps are it's a priority thing by the game engine would you rather see you ship firing its weapons or see a torp spread that only gets used every so often a red alert round, most people can survive the spread unless they have crappy gear or there shields are gone.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2012

We're actually adding in the fun. Most players couldn't even make it to the lake in time (even when they were in the instance) when the event started because the snowmen and overlord were mowed down so fast.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

but adding to many will get old fast :rolleyes: , dont get me wrong i enjoy something new but changing this beyond a certain point is useless :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    it has been mention what the problem with the invisible torps are it's a priority thing by the game engine would you rather see you ship firing its weapons or see a torp spread that only gets used every so often a red alert round, most people can survive the spread unless they have crappy gear or there shields are gone.

Funny.

I have rather good gear (Mk XII MACO shields) as well as appropriate resistance consoles in the Enginering slots. I have been hit (more than once), by "invisible torpedoes" that have dealt in excess of 75k+ damage to my ship, when my ship had 100% shields and 100% hull. Explain that?

"Would I rather see my ship firing its weapons, or see an enemy projectile which is launched infrequently"

I'll take option #3: I would like to see my ships weapons firing, AND seeing my enemy fire it's weapons AT THE SAME TIME. Bridge Commander was capable of it. As was Starfleet Command, as was Star Trek Legacy, and atleast a half-dozen other Star Trek games. Are you now saying that Cryptic's engine (and developers) are inferior to games that are over 10 years old?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is the Rapid Plasma Torpedo Launcher the same thing as the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher and part of the Romulan Singularity Harness?
  • Options
    flur1nflur1n Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    defalus wrote: »
    As the victim in this test, I will add that shields will regen if the tachyon hamronics III 15% shield offline effect procs, however after normal hits with tachyon harmonics III, the shields did not regen at all. During this test nothing else was used except the harmonics III itself.

We also tried weapons fire to make sure that it wasn't shield regen that was bugged and under other circumstances the shield regen worked as it should kicking in after a few seconds of not taking damage.

We also tried hitting our test dummy (me) with harmonics III and then while the shield was not recharging, the dummy was shot with a normal weapon and the shield began to recharge a few seconds later.

I think something is wrong with the shields themselves being unable to recharge after a normal hit from harmonics III.

The only shield regen that took place while the shields were drained was passive shield healing (borg nanites, maco armor passive shield regen and regenerative shield augmentation from the reputation system.), the shield itself would not recharge as it should.

1. Thanks for the tachyon harmonic fix, I felt useless without it.

2. The no-regen-effect is not new. I tried some things with a fleetmate befor season 7 on a ground pvp map and he had the same problem (he used the mk xi omega set). I thought it was the offline proc but the shields didn't regenerate for more than it's duration and it appeared every time i used tachyon harmonic 3. - I know i'm a bit late now.

3. Please let me turn OFF the Shoulder Camera in ground RPG mode.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6838101#post6838101

I don't want my char in the left corner and if i disabel aimwithcam i cannot see if i'm aiming.
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    flur1n wrote: »
    1. Thanks for the tachyon harmonic fix, I felt useless without it.

2. The no-regen-effect is not new. I tried some things with a fleetmate befor season 7 on a ground pvp map and he had the same problem (he used the mk xi omega set). I thought i was the offline proc but the shields didn't regenerate for more than it's duration and it appeared every time i uset tachyon harmonic 3. - I know i'm a bit late now.

1. Very much agreed.

2. I wasn't aware of this as, it was only during testing on tribble after the patch earlier that I picked up on it.:(
    I'm concerned about Beefing the Snow Overlord.

How players in small populations zones, that do not have a large arsenal of nothing but snowballs, manage to defeat the Snow Overlord?

Don't tell me you are counting on people changing instances to drop it before the time limit is up?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Yes! Rewards for the exploiters!
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes! Rewards for the exploiters!

Your terminology is incorrect. If it was an exploit, people would be banned and the race would be hotfixed asap.

However, the devs making the race longer will still not improve your chances of winning.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.