test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Wars Conspiracy in STO!!!! Devs are in on it!!

knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2821/2012121000001.jpg

Not even a few minutes ago, I spotted a quirky looking creature darting across Q's frozen waste lands, apparently foraging for food in and around the snow poo. He moved swiftly and his gaze was forlorn, even down trodden. I offered him a few beads but even that didn't appear to console him. Saddened by his plight, I give him one gift after another until eventually his frown turned into a grin. And just like that he was gone. Quite strange if you ask me. Who could these strange folk be?

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7563/2012121000002x.jpg
aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
Post edited by knuhteb5 on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    No, thats Yoda ...been here for a while now, I think I seen him on Ker'rat once with a Defiant.

Never seen a yoda in the snow before. They tend to stick to the warm, damp, and humid places. To see them in such a place means something very bad comes our way! You've been warned!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yoda got sick and tired of Luke's whining so he used the Force to fake his death and travel to the Star Trek universe.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Yoda got sick and tired of Luke's whining so he used the Force to fake his death and travel to the Star Trek universe.

he never joined the force....that was a hologram at the end of episode 6....he really came here hahahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »

I wonder if he used the force to fool us nomads into giving him gifts b/c he got tired of digging through the snow poo in the same way he got tired of Luke. Be on your watch for this yoda is quick and fast. He'll steal your beads and be off in a flash! You'll see!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    he never joined the force....that was a hologram at the end of episode 6....he really came here hahahaha

if he did, that would explain the reports I've heard of snowmen levitating off on the distance...
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Never seen a yoda in the snow before. They tend to stick to the warm, damp, and humid places. To see them in such a place means something very bad comes our way! You've been warned!

Dagobah had a massive dark force presence. Yoda went there to hide, he was never originally from Dagobah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Dagobah had a massive dark force presence. Yoda went there to hide, he was never originally from Dagobah.

But why would he be in such a cold place?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That's the "yoda" who gave us our Blue and Red nano pulse last year when TOR came out as a FU to them.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    That's the "yoda" who gave us our Blue and Red nano pulse last year when TOR came out as a FU to them.

He who giveth can also taketh away!?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2821/2012121000001.jpg

Not even a few minutes ago, I spotted a quirky looking creature darting across Q's frozen waste lands, apparently foraging for food in and around the snow poo. He moved swiftly and his gaze was forlorn, even down trodden. I offered him a few beads but even that didn't appear to console him. Saddened by his plight, I give him one gift after another until eventually his frown turned into a grin. And just like that he was gone. Quite strange if you ask me. Who could these strange folk be?

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7563/2012121000002x.jpg

Yeah, like said above, he was there last year as the Dev's nod to TOR's launch.

In the end, looks like STO came out on top.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Meditate on this, I will.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, like said above, he was there last year as the Dev's nod to TOR's launch.

In the end, looks like STO came out on top.

This yoda is different. Much more conniving, sinister. I don't trust him.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That's a pretty good Yoda toon I admit. Not THE PvPing Yoda, that's not the right fleet, but there's a few Yodas floating around out there.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "To better franchise, I go."
    <3
  • Options
    beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Looks like Yoda got fed up with the f2p growing pains going on in swtor. You think things were rough in sto when it went f2p..tor has it worse. He probly didnt want to pay to be able to run, or have another action bar slot. Some of the things they want you to buy over there, are just silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    "To better franchise, I go."

lolololol yeah http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zq5msrCL1qle4y9o1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, the Millennium Falcon did help defend Earth in the Battle of Sector 001... :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In Ten Forward, this thread should be.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Looks like Yoda got fed up with the f2p growing pains going on in swtor. You think things were rough in sto when it went f2p..tor has it worse. He probly didnt want to pay to be able to run, or have another action bar slot. Some of the things they want you to buy over there, are just silly.

And the things Cryptic tries to coerce you into paying for aren't?
  • Options
    beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And the things Cryptic tries to coerce you into paying for aren't?

If you do some reading around the web, at various gaming sites and such you will find out of the f2p games, STO has been said to have the better f2p model. I do not find the things cryptic wants us to pay for unreasonable. I dont agree with some of the prices they have set for things, but cryptic is not making us pay for UI action bars, or the ability to RUN.
    That is just plain absurd, and the swtor guys will end up finding that out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    If you do some reading around the web, at various gaming sites and such you will find out of the f2p games, STO has been said to have the better f2p model. I do not find the things cryptic wants us to pay for unreasonable. I dont agree with some of the prices they have set for things, but cryptic is not making us pay for UI action bars, or the ability to RUN.

Complete and utter bull****. I don't agree with some of the restrictions that TOR puts on it's F2P folks, but at least their sub actually has some value to it. Compared to STO, where no matter what you do you're still stranded behind a constant paywall, while "content" is created strictly to find new ways to nickle and dime you.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I............

Its an EA-ified BW.. what else did we expect?
  • Options
    thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Complete and utter bull****. I don't agree with some of the restrictions that TOR puts on it's F2P folks, but at least their sub actually has some value to it. Compared to STO, where no matter what you do you're still stranded behind a constant paywall, while "content" is created strictly to find new ways to nickle and dime you.

That New Romulus zone sure did cost me a lot of mon.. oh.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012

If TOR subs were all that, they would never have gone F2P in the first place...well more like an extended trial as it's not a F2P game. :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    That New Romulus zone sure did cost me a lot of mon.. oh.

So how's that dilithium grind going to pay for all the rommie rep store stuff?
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yoda didn't die in episode 6. He logged out.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    This thread has strayed too close to the dark side. I sense hate, fear, and anger. Face your fears head on and you may become a jedi, I mean starfleet officer, yet.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    So how's that dilithium grind going to pay for all the rommie rep store stuff?

About the same as the grind was a year ago to get the best consoles and ship weapons in game from the Dilithium store. :P

Yes I believe we should have access to more Dil since there are now far more things requiring it than there were a year ago, but don't ***** because things cost Dil when the best gear has always cost something other than EC. Before Dil we had to grind for marks, which were only available in star cluster explorations, so at least with Dil you have a more varied way of getting it.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    About the same as the grind was a year ago to get the best consoles and ship weapons in game from the Dilithium store. :P

Yes I believe we should have access to more Dil since there are now far more things requiring it than there were a year ago, but don't ***** because things cost Dil when the best gear has always cost something other than EC. Before Dil we had to grind for marks, which were only available in star cluster explorations, so at least with Dil you have a more varied way of getting it.
    I agree. And it was pointless unless you were VA because the low leveled marks were only good for low leveled junk.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg