test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Not Responding

What is going on with the patch server? I have not been able to get the launcher to load past the connection 1 and 2 try stage to log in for the last 4 hours.

Has anyone seen any information on this from the developers?

Thanks
Post edited by natejam101 on

Comments

• vedmidvedmid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same issue... again. I'm not sure, but this log in problem seems to come after an update. My usual 'fix' of powering down my router/modem isn't working. Heck I even tried replacing the STO*.exe launcher that was suggested in another forum. No luck. Any thoughts. Hello, Cryptic Tech Support, it's me, Gamer, are you there?
  • captainchompcaptainchomp Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm also having this issue. The autoupdate says it's trying to update the launcher, then an error message pops up saying it's unable to establish a connection to the Patch Server.
  • ba11isticsba11istics Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same issue. Its 916pm mst here...Been down now 4 hours.
  • alonysalonys Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Pages and pages of this problem and no word from anyone at Cryptic or Perfect World. Good to know that paying for a Gold membership is absolutely worthless, won't be repeating that mistake again.
  • shanarrashanarra Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also the same issue of "Trying to update the launcher" in a little white box and no launch... been hours. It's now 10:30 pm CST Texas... Come on PWI get on the ball and check the forums in the Tech issues.. Lifetime Member.. Shan Rackham
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are a few responses in this thread by the PR guy. Needless to say, he knows about as much as the rest of us.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6438431#post6438431
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • tibleetiblee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've had the same issue. Uninstalled the app and re installed which took hours.... still the same problem with the launcher.
  • captnmolywopcaptnmolywop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Comforting to know that the issue is not isolated to me alone. I shall simply have to wait for the developers to resolve the issue. It says in a big red box on the home page, that they are aware and working to resolve the issue.
  • dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've the same issue but not any message. The system says my internet connection doesn't work. IT's not true because if it was how could I post a message right now.
    Cryptic should answer why there is so much lags, why there is so much "server is not responding" why now launcher is off. Too many technical problems from Cryptic... They should remind we pay for the game.
  • captmike82captmike82 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    About Time!!!
    :d
  • captainchompcaptainchomp Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ooh...it's working for me again.
  • salvidlinsalvidlin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you guys that got it working again are lucky. I have had the problem for over a week now and still no fix or much response from tech support. I wish they had a number to call in to as i would gladly sit on hold to get a chance to talk to a real person about the issue.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Patch Server still unreachable for me. Not even restarting all hardware involved worked.

The problem seems to be localized and I apparently happen to be unlucky enough to be in one of the locations affected.

Haven't been able to play STO for a day now. Please assist.

EDIT to include traceroute report. (I'm in South America.)
    Tracing route to 208.95.184.117 over a maximum of 30 hops

[snip]
    10 245 ms 241 ms 241 ms 195.50.90.165
    11 234 ms 241 ms 249 ms ae-52-52.csw2.London1.Level3.net [4.69.139.120]
    12 233 ms 237 ms 231 ms ae-225-3601.edge3.London1.Level3.net [4.69.166.146]
    13 249 ms 245 ms 248 ms te0-1-0-5.ccr22.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.14.197]
    14 251 ms 247 ms 248 ms te0-0-0-4.mpd22.lon13.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.57.157]
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 445 ms 417 ms 407 ms te4-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.254]
    17 271 ms 269 ms 269 ms 38.111.40.114
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

EDIT 2: the servers are working for me again.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• nadiakirknadiakirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are a few responses in this thread by the PR guy. Needless to say, he knows about as much as the rest of us.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6438431#post6438431

The thread you have linked has been closed because the problem it's resolved ( LOL )....it's a pity that that problem is still affecting very much gamers...(RESISTENCE IS FUTILE! ) so it's not resolved!:mad: i just wanna know if it will be fixed for Italian players or if I can simply leave the game...
  • belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am unable to load the Cryptic Autopatcher, thus not allowing me to login to the game what's going on this happened a few days ago why is it happening again.
  • afromaimerafromaimer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    this is not a question..... i have figures out why the update launcher will not load on star trek online some peoples computers and they time out!!! it recently happened to my friend and it took us 3 days to figure out but what he did was log into his account from another computer and account guard asked for an authentication code from email which was used... but then the original computer/browser was deleted from the account so my m8 had to log in to the account guard and re accept their computer/browser

go to

http://sto.perfectworld.com/

login then click on my account

The Account Guard tools are on the secure portion of the website, and require a second login. To get there:

Click "Create/Manage Subscriptions"

Click on "Main Menu" in the upper right of the box.
    Click on "Manage Account Guard"

if at any point it asks you for a password that has been emailed to you you have done it

you should see that your computer id has been added to the list so you can now play!!

cmon thats gotta be worth a few dlithium!!!!