test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: December 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Will there be a performance pass on the UI to fix issues related to it aswell as the ability to change the colour of the UI (overall and individual elements, aswell as ability icons colour coded by boff class) to be an option avaliable to those ingame? Since I would, and im sure many others, like to have the ability to have a transparent tray; like with the chat box, whilst having thier icons visible at a glance.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • casltc14casltc14 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not much for me...except give us the rank/pip options on the wrath of khan unis? :)
  • fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any possibility of getting daily mission(s) for Omega Marks, maybe in the Gama Orionis Block?

We have a counple of Daily's for Romulan Marks and I think creating something for the Omega marks will help create interest and decrease grind time for players who would like to get Sets and gear utilizing Omega Marks.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1) Any updates yet on the Neverwinter tech being ported to STO so we can finally have customizable ship interiors that are fully functional?

2) I know this has been asked many times but it is a huge part of Star Trek, When are we FINALLY going to get a Poker mini-game and can we bet/win EC ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    any chance since it would be very handy and appreciated and not hard to do.

have each chat window log to a .txt file in a ./log folder with the client on the users PC

with battle info and such it would be very handy to check stats and work on other reporting anything .
  • mudokontrekkermudokontrekker Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are you guys gonna be at the Star Trek Grand Slam in Burbank, CA? Is the holo-Leeta bonus going to be offered? Thanks!

Also, Fleet Galaxy-X would be sweet with 4 tac console slots.
  • broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    when can we get trait respecs and toon trait respecs? ei, have an alien toon want to change it to borg, or have an alien toon want to change passives only. when we got the free to play system i had a passive called techie. it is not the same passive i picked at launch of game a few years back.
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • nxnovacatnxnovacat Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    robertuso wrote: »
    6. would we see the mail function return to the sto forums? I have so much mail from the exchange my game freezes and lags when ever i open it. Or possibly an upgrade to the mail system in game allowing folders and selecting multiple mail.

Glad to see im not the only one with this problem. That makes 2 post about this issue in this thread :)
  • yogurt21yogurt21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    now I haven't logged in for a few months I'll admit, but is there any reason transferred accounts are displaying 12/31/1969 as last visit date? I mean shoot the orginal series was just starting its first set of reruns then.

lol
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are guys gonna lower the cost for these task force equipment and weapons I just spent weeks getting 250 omega marks to get this M.A.C.O. armour that I wanted so badly and when I finally get it it turns out that the armour looks just like any other armour that you can by from the dill store and I learnt that you need to get these other parts to unlock the costume armour but it costs 250 omega marks each and I'm not wasting my time getting these marks again
  • mrspeirsmrspeirs Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    are we ever going to be able to use de Omega / M.A.C.O / Honor Guard costumes for our bridge officers? so we can change it to our liking, without having to get the armor 4 times and only standard visual.
  • ocp001ocp001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Questions:
    • Any hope on a Fleet Dreadnought ,Fleet Odessey, and Fleet Chimera?
    • PvP updates?
    • PLEASE some Odyssey and Chimera variants or skins!?
    • Any Featured episodes on the horizon?
    • Why is the Fleet assault cruiser at Tier 5?

Finally, is there any plans for content that doesn't require insert x of y to get result z? I miss the story of the game. While I'm happy for season 7, I want to explore new worlds meet new civilizations and actually do more Star Trek activities. Farming critters, grinding dilithium and mark upon mark isn't Star Trek, and while I know some people enjoy that sort of experience, I do not. Where's the Star Trek?

Also... Any hints on the 3 year anniversary?

Merry Christmas to you and the staff at Cryptic/PWE.
  • rweningerrweninger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any news when the Design Problem are corrected on the Galaxy Dreadnought (Spinal Phase Lance misaligned, Phaser Stripe on the Mid Warp Necklace wrong positioned).

Warp Necklace Phase Stripe (http://www.r4wr.co.uk/uploads/galx.jpg)

Spinal Phaser Lance (http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/startrek2011/Galaxy-X-model-Bugs-4.png)

I also got better Pics but those are the one I found on the Internet!

The Galaxy-X is a Model we buy for so we want a perfect model, no such obvious CGI Kitbash!

You even see the real Galaxy Impulse Engine when cloaked!
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can we please get more payment options, that doesn't require a credit card?

Elaboration:

As it is now, the only way to add game time without buying the lifetime subscription is to get a valid game time code/card.

I've recently been in contact with CS / PWE Customer Support and learned that since the game is now "free to play", you no longer manufacture copies of the game or game time cards.

So we will have to find a retailer which still has game time cards in stock, and the only one that still seems to have them is Amazon.com which only accepts credit card (they offer other payment options that seems way too complicated to bother with), besides those aren't gonna last forever.
    signwidrona.png
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    can you give us an option to cancel reputation/fleet/embassy projects and can you give us an option to reselect the reputation (if completed.. for example i made the wrong choice yesterday and have something that should re modulate my weapon but it doesn't work so i would like to switch to that other thing). maybe let us redo those reputation?s for half the price/half the time?
    What ? Calaway.
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1) Would it be possible to at least get a special title and floor trophy (featuring the Path to 2409 banner) for those of us who invested time/credits into collecting the entire time line?

2) When will we ever see off duty costume options for our Boffs and the ability to put a combadge on an off duty costume?
  • pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1) I've seen several Romulan NPC's with the correct Romulan forehead detail and Cardassian NPC's with "Cardassian friendly" hairstyles, can you put these options in the game so we can make are Alien/Romulan or Alien/Cardassian characters more realistic?

2) Are there any plans to bring playable Romulans- Fed/KDF and Cardassians- Fed/KDF to the Z-store?
  • captainwallis84captainwallis84 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    One question. You hinted at a possible TNG bundle pack that you may add to the game. If so, what is it likely to include, and would you be making a makeover to the Galaxy class to make it on par (graphics/detail wise) to the Vesta?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Could you remove the repair injury ui and just make components/regenerators remove an injury of the relevant rank as soon as they are double clicked? The current UI is tedious and irritating.
  • kdfrulzfeddroolzkdfrulzfeddroolz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I enjoy the Tau Dewa Daily patrol mission since I can solo it and get a decent chunk of ROM marks. But there isn't anything equivalent IMO that awards a similar amount of the other "Mark" currencies.

If you could please set up a couple more like the Tau Dewa Daily Patrol I would appreciate it very much, one awarding Fleet Marks and another awarding Omega Marks that would be fantastic. :)
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is a two part question that I really want answered because it?s been upsetting at lot of the community.

As a dev and gamer how do you respond to Cryptic's move giving the NEW lifers the 1000 day reward that have not earned it and

Do you think that move is a "***** slap" to those that have played the game for 1000 days?

My final question is:

Question: When Priority one visited cryptic Gozer said they were running out of cannon ships can you not bring in ships from other trek games like Klingon Academy and update them?
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My apologies if this has already been asked earlier in the list:

Would you consider up'ing the Fleet Marks given by the "Officer of the Watch" mission at starbases from 5 to say 50? It would give a much needed helping hand to smaller fleets. I understand why the loophole of the "Quickies" was closed but in all honestly its the FM's that I miss from those. Dilithium seems easier to get now but FM's are less so.
    server_hamster6.png
  • dracondarknightdracondarknight Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1st when will the First officer/Department head system we were promised for mid season 6 get implemented?

2nd.: Are there any plans to review older C-store ships like the Galaxy-Xs Bridge officer when they get updates for other reasons? (Like Saucer sep for the Galaxy X), and will Said Dreadnougth get a fleet version too?

3rd.:
    Will new romulus update from an exploration only zone to a fished City at the same time or will you utilize phasing, or a similar technology, to make individual players see the stage they are personally at?
  • keeny75keeny75 Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hello Captains!

Please post your questions below and dStahl will answer selected questions from all those received. Please post them today as I will ship questions off to Dan tomorrow.

Also, remember that questions will not be answered in this thread -- answers will be posted in an upcoming "Ask Cryptic" Web Feature that should be released before the end of the month.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I brought a c-store EV suit and was wondering if we could be able to customise it. Change the colour scheme of the suit and the glass on the helmet?

Thanks
    Keeny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have yet to find any post giving a specific answer, so:

Is the re-species token truly in the works? Or is it still just rumours and speculation. On a side note, Q's Winter Wonderland would have been the perfect time to give that to us, and make it redeemable only from Q himself. Buy a Token (Zen Store most likely), then take the Token to Q, and have him change us permanently.

For whomever else might read this, for an analogy of how this idea would work, I am suggesting something almost exactly to how the respec tokens work. Buy the Token with Zen, take it to your faction's appropriate Officer, then he lets you change your skills.

Keep in mind that I am not asking for a date. I just want some information on the subject.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • ciprianp1ciprianp1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Long long long time ago.... there was a very nice gun: TR-116, that Target gave. But not everyone of us lives in the USA. SO:
    Is there any plan on ever bring it into the game ( via c-store)?
  • waarderwaarder Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It has probably been asked before, but is there a change that we get the option to change the interior of the starship more?
    Althoug ik like the bridges the rest of the ship should be more changeable.
    At the moment, if you use the standard layout, it seems to big for me.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dan,

there was a way to mix and match costume parts using a slash command that I wont list here, but that was patched away a while ago. Is there any plans to bring this to us in a legitimate way? It would improve customization and immersion greatly if we could do this.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have heard rumors about an upcoming TNG bundle. My question is if we could get an Battleship Galaxy Class Variant, a Galaxy Class like in TNG: Yesterdays Enterprise. I think it would be great, especially since we have now the Narendra system in game and the Ambassador Class on the far far horizon.

That ship would have all stats, Hull , BOFF & Console layout of the Regent Class, except that it looks like a normal Galaxy -R Class.
    To give this ship an additional bonus you could make the ship parts of the Envoy, Celestial, and Galaxy availlable, just for the sake of creativity. Everyone who has bought the Monarch and the Venture will have those ship parts availlable too, of course.

Releasing such a ship would be a nice gesture to all TNG fans who are very unhappy, disappointed and frustrated with all the boring Galaxy Class variants in the Game. Flying a extreme Tank is just a pain and especially not how a Galaxy Class was in the shows and certainly NOT what many of us where expecting about how the Galaxy Class should be.

And now the interesting part for Cryptic ($$):
    I think it would sell like hot cakes, just because it would be (finally) be a Galaxy Class with "teeth" and a much more active ship, in contrast to those passive Galaxy Class ships we have in this game.
    You could make it a unlock for everyone who has already bought the Regent, charging 500 - 1500 ZEN. PLUS you would sell even more Regent class ships. So it would be a win - win for everyone!
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any chance of a repeatable way to get fleet marks for starbase progression? Right now it's Fleet Tribble, Duty Officer Daily, DoFF commendation reports. The group missions aren't reliable.
This discussion has been closed.