test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 6, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, December 6th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    oh those notes are awesome, especially the part pertaining to the reputation system upgrades
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    winterwonderland??????????????????????
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Those projects only gave a small amount of Reputation XP anyway ;) It's a small price to pay, exchanging that for 2min cooldowns :D
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Does keeping Tribble patched and up to date, speed up the Holodeck patches?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Tholians in the Foundry? :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hooray :):)
    Fleet Projects: All "Station Personnel Officer" projects should once again be accepting Bridge Officer Candidates as valid contribution inputs.
  • eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is the problem with entering Red Alerts and immediately being booted from them going to be fixed?
  • reconalpha1reconalpha1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is this the patch that fixes Tachyon Harmonic I, II, and III

This was posted on 11-14-2012
    I can confirm that there is a data error with Tachyon Harmonic at all ranks. While it still has a chance to knock the enemies' shields offline, it no longer effectively deals damage to them.

This will be fixed in an upcoming patch, and should once again behave as it previously did.
  • drtassadardrtassadar Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I read the notes, and my poor hamster jumped in fright when I yelled "Holy TRIBBLE!"

2 Min cooldowns!? I was NOT expecting that AT ALL! THANKS!

Now uhh... not to seem ungrateful, but would you mind terrible reducing the dil costs just a bit? Please? Pretty please? Oh come on! I'll be good for the rest of the week, I promise! I'll clean my room and everything.
    "That was not Mozart laughing, Father... that was God. That was God laughing at me, through that... through that obscene giggle."
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Reputation System updated:

Removed all Reputation XP gains from Direct Gear projects, Store Unlock projects, Costume Unlock projects and Consumable projects.
    Reduced duration timers on all of the above types of projects from 40 hours to 2 minutes.

THANK YOU! This is an excellent decision, I was going to wait 'till T5 before I start running unlocks and purchases, but I can start right away!

Fantastic. Cheers Cryptic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    The following patch notes have been added to the "release notes" thread:
    Events:
    • Q's Winter Wonderland is scheduled to open around 10AM PST tomorrow, December 6th, 2012.
    • The Feature Episode Rerun is scheduled to start around noon/ 12PM PST tomorrow, December 6th, 2012.
      • A news post about this event will be made tomorrow on our frontpage when it is live.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Reduced duration timers on all of the above types of projects from 40 hours to 2 minutes.

I presume that any projects started before tomorrow will still have to go the full 40 hours?

>.<

Lame.

I finally set my last piece of the MK XI set to be bought today... and I'm gonna have to wait till Friday to get it. (I had the other 2 pieces before the reputation system even kicked in).
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    alarikun wrote: »
    I presume that any projects started before tomorrow will still have to go the full 40 hours?

>.<

Lame.

I finally set my last piece of the MK XI set to be bought today... and I'm gonna have to wait till Friday to get it. (I had the other 2 pieces before the reputation system even kicked in).

Eh last time they cut the timers on rep projects from 40 to 20 hours, I had some stuff in the pipe that was done a day earlier than I expected, so we shall see.
  • tdawg65tdawg65 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, December 6th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
    Will this also fix the problem of NOT being able to do the PVE Queues? I haven't been able to do any of them without it crashing on me. Have had this problem since the season 7 came out. Wait I take that back, I have been able to do maybe a half a dozen and those are intermittent at best. And before anyone says it's my system it's not because I can do everything in the damn game BUT the PVE'S and it pisses me off. I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall in the hopes of maybe something was missing. Sorry didn't help. As soon as I brought the PVE Queue up and clicked on colony invasion the damn thing crashed.

I have talked to other people and they have said the same thing is happening to them. I'm sorry guys but this is really really old really quick. I shouldn't have to grind constantly on Defera just to make Omega Marks. I spend half the day doing that and if I have time I scoot on over to Nukara and grind there.

Please please take a look into this and fix it if possible.

Thank you
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    so ready for frosted boots and peg snowballs at branflakes
    need a break on grinding zero point console
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Eh last time they cut the timers on rep projects from 40 to 20 hours, I had some stuff in the pipe that was done a day earlier than I expected, so we shall see.

You have give me hope.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The following patch notes have been added to the "release notes" thread:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

10PST in GMT is?

EDIT: nvm ,I went on tribble and i found the hour in the calendar :D
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No news on the Foundry :(?

*oh wait you put it back in already*

must have been when I wasn't playing, which is often these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • doompupp113doompupp113 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This'll be nice, at least.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Glad to see the changes for the Reputation system. Most of my characters are now working toward tier 4 and I haven't bought a single thing yet because I refuse to wait 40 hours for an item unlock. Thank you for that. Now if you could just reduce the Dilithium cost of, oh let's see, everything in the game, life would be peachy.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yes, reduce the dilithium costs just a touch, by about....half would be good, and fix the exchange that has been broken since season six launch, and faith will have been restored
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Feature Episode Rerun is scheduled to start around noon/ 12PM PST tomorrow, December 6th, 2012.
    A news post about this event will be made tomorrow on our frontpage when it is live.

Will the first one be the Breen series?

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No mention of any maintenance to deal with connection stability. If one more person tries to fob me off with "run a traceroute" or "it's your isp's fault," I'm going to punch a kitten.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »
    No mention of any maintenance to deal with connection stability. If one more person tries to fob me off with "run a traceroute" or "it's your isp's fault," I'm going to punch a kitten.

This made me LOL :P

(I see a Cruelty to Animals citation in your future)

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • matikka432matikka432 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi, kinda new here, what's the possibility of the patching happening faster (or slower) than planned and with how much? :P
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »

Be careful...

Since the Caitians have joined The Federation, some kittens are 6' tall, and punch back.:P
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey BranFlakes do you think you all, might want to turn off the server is up from the main website. Sort of confusing. I know tacofangs is working hard in the hamster wheel since the poor hamster had a heart attack (Hamster, we miss you buddy) from the Season Server down time.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    Be careful...

Since the Caitians have joined The Federation, some kittens are 6' tall, and punch back.:P

No ****, Sherlock... *nurses his right cheek* ;)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • dl9905dl9905 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tdawg65 wrote: »
    Will this also fix the problem of NOT being able to do the PVE Queues? I haven't been able to do any of them without it crashing on me. Have had this problem since the season 7 came out. Wait I take that back, I have been able to do maybe a half a dozen and those are intermittent at best. And before anyone says it's my system it's not because I can do everything in the damn game BUT the PVE'S and it pisses me off. I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall in the hopes of maybe something was missing. Sorry didn't help. As soon as I brought the PVE Queue up and clicked on colony invasion the damn thing crashed.

I have talked to other people and they have said the same thing is happening to them. I'm sorry guys but this is really really old really quick. I shouldn't have to grind constantly on Defera just to make Omega Marks. I spend half the day doing that and if I have time I scoot on over to Nukara and grind there.

Please please take a look into this and fix it if possible.

Thank you

Try checking your options on the sign on screen, I had similar issues with another part of the game and had to change some options: Try disableing on demand patching, this worked for me, and I have had no problems since then. Hope it works.
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey BranFlakes do you think you all, might want to turn off the server is up from the main website. Sort of confusing. I know tacofangs is working hard in the hamster wheel since the poor hamster had a heart attack (Hamster, we miss you buddy) from the Season Server down time.

They need to pick up some Doozers from Fraggle Rock, they would help Tacofangs immensely.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
This discussion has been closed.