test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 6, 2012)

Comments

• taitaislaytaitaislay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "We're extending maintenance due to technical difficulties. More updates as they become available."

Been away for 6 months and just came back today - I see some things haven't changed :D
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    think he ment the week by week schedule like the FE Replays are normally done.

+1

Yes. Looking for the weekly schedule.

With so much to collect Winter Coats, Breen Ships and all the old FE items; it would be nice if they let ALL of them run the entire month, but am sure it will be a weekly thing again.
  • andy1884andy1884 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Every week for about two months my day off has coincided with an update. last time I purposefully moved it to friday, we had a friday update. Today I had no option to change so went xmas shopping and timed it to get home for the update.. it's been extended.

I'm cursed :mad::(:eek:
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    they havent ajusted the time on the main page even when banflakes said the maitanence has been extended. i guess they dont know how long itll take and i stand by the reward thing since they didnt tell us till after the time was over they extended it
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The FE replays are all active the entire month.
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well this is what you get from a 3rd rate developer team. :p

Since the holiday event wasn't on tribble for testing im guessing there is bugs on that too that were glaringly obvious to players but not testers. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    andy1884 wrote: »
    Every week for about two months my day off has coincided with an update. last time I purposefully moved it to friday, we had a friday update. Today I had no option to change so went xmas shopping and timed it to get home for the update.. it's been extended.

I'm cursed :mad::(:eek:

You aren't cursed, the developers need more robust implimentation plans. Simple as that.
  • matrixslum2matrixslum2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    AT least they added a note to extend the patch.......bleh wait all morning to put the crew back to work, lazy good for nothings
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I vote that every minute of delay gives everyone one Autographed 8x10 Glossy Pictures of Q :D

Second!

(chars)
  • coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i wish half the peeps on here would appreciate that sometimes "maybe every time" that unforeseen problems occur i would love to have them get their nuts kicked in by all the people they let down when something in their job that maybe has nothing to do with them directly goes wrong thanks for the update branflakes
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
    edited December 2012
    i wish half the peeps on here would appreciate that sometimes "maybe every time" that unforeseen problems occur i would love to have them get their nuts kicked in by all the people they let down when something in their job that maybe has nothing to do with them directly goes wrong thanks for the update branflakes

Huh? ... And what about the females?
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The FE replays are all active the entire month.

How do we access the FEs, I would like to get some of those rewards!
  • sirricwinsirricwin Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you want to see major patching failure, take a look at Blacklight Retribution. Another of PWE's current projects, it suffered massive issues in a patch recently. Not only did it take hours (in some case days) to actually download, it rendered the game unplayable for most people. Connecting from Europe had lower latency to the US server than EU :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You aren't cursed, the developers need more robust implimentation plans. Simple as that.

more like a complete new team to fix sto ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • ocp001ocp001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Taking bets on ol' Voldy showing up? Anyone? :rolleyes:
  • tribble2013tribble2013 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    30 minutes added according to loader :rolleyes:
    edited December 2012

Just replay the last one of each series, or the entire series to enjoy it more. Maybe they bring back the free lobi as well.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's says it's extended by 30 minutes on frontpage.
  • persephone51313persephone51313 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2012

go to the Episode list, you might have to skip a bunch if you haven't played the episodes to get to them.
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Did you get that special keyboard that didn't come with a period? That made my head hurt.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    30 minutes added according to loader :rolleyes:

I make it 1730 hrs GMT now. 30 mins have elapsed aaaand still down.
    I need a beer.

• big68earlbig68earl Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Understand it may take a bit extra time, don't listen to the haters. some folks are never happy and all they want to do is complain. they ***** if you hung them with a new rope.
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ocp001 wrote: »
    Taking bets on ol' Voldy showing up? Anyone? :rolleyes:

Its already back. It popped up earlier on today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We're extending maintenance due to technical difficulties. More updates as they become available.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

so can we get fix for scorpion fighter blue bug then
  • yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2012

People aren't gunning for the messenger. The issue here is likely a process failure not a person failure. Given this happens regularily, it suggests that failures to meet expected downtime targets are not considered a problem internally.

Nothing will get resolved if delays are classed as "business as usual".

Unforseen problems are just a cop out for lack of preparation and testing.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It's only 17:25. Your watch is bad and you should feel bad.
  • tribble2013tribble2013 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2012

only 17:26 GMT ;)
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Meh, a little delay isn't the end of the world. Just happens that my weekend starts the day when they do maintenance. Sods law eh? :D
    I need a beer.

edited December 2012
    big68earl wrote: »
    they ***** if you hung them with a new rope.

Huh? ...

10 char.
  • schreader1718schreader1718 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I get what you're saying, and I can be very patient with admins and techs. I've done those jobs before, and they definitely are thankless and stressful. So I'll just sit back and wait, and in the meantime find some way to be productive.
This discussion has been closed.