test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

500 Marks for one iten?!!!!

lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
It is insane! No matter which faction, 500 marks per item is absurd for any casual player. For an entire set 2000 marks! If I play two or three times per week and get 20 marks per run will be 60 marks by week. Will be 33 weeks or 8 months to obtain a single set!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by lordhook on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    500 marks is completely reasonable. If you want to run STFs for it, then Infected Space Elite is better. It gives 60 Omega Marks minimum. I think I got 130 Omega Marks from one run of ISE by doing it during the reputation bonus event, getting the optional, and the random Omega Marks bonus at the end. Also, to get one set that costs 500 Marks per item, it is 1500 Marks not 2000 since all sets now contain 3 items not 4.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yeah its reasonable if you play some elites. and infected is by the far the best one. 10 good runs during bonus hours will have you sitting on a 1000 marks or so.

the rewards for normal do need to be increased a little i think. i know it might be to encourage people to play elites, but the rewards seem a little low.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For Omega stuff its pretty doable. Go during bonus hour and get the optional, its 90 marks for 10 minutes of work plus if you get the bonus. The Romulan stuff on the on the other hand.....fastest I can do is maybe 100 marks an hour, once a day. Tau Dewa Patrol, plus the Radiation Scanning assignment, turned in during bonus hour. Anyone know a faster way?

Also in a similar vein, 500 seems to me an okay price (i'd like a little cheaper of course, but its alright) on the deflector/engine/shield. On weapons though, why not cheaper, maybe 200 marks and 5000 dil each (or whatever 1/3ish is for the Mk12s) or something? Fully outfitting a cruiser with Romulan Plasma weapons just requires too much of an investment to be practical. I'd be running patrols every day for the next two months for 'because I can' toys no better than what I already have, and thats just kinda silly.
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For casual player, you might want to try epohh breeding. It will take about a week to get an elder epohh. It involves running a minute and a half mission to tag them, and then running a doff assignment. When you get the elder, you can turn it in for 400 rom marks.
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    For casual player, you might want to try epohh breeding. It will take about a week to get an elder epohh. It involves running a minute and a half mission to tag them, and then running a doff assignment. When you get the elder, you can turn it in for 400 rom marks.

Rom marks are actually pretty easy no matter what. 30 for radiation scanning, 60-75 for daily patrol, 10 for each "run around and do errands" daily (several of which require no combat), red alerts, epohh breeding, etc. As a new player, it was kind of shocking going from that to Defera and finding it taking much more effort to get 5 omega marks a quest.
  • Options
    lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »

Yes, I can try for Romulan Marks!

But it?s do not solve my issue with omega set, captainrevo1, starkaos amd reginamala78 I am a casual player and I can?t player during bonus hour and I play only regular not elites!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    lordhook wrote: »
    I am a casual player and I can't play during bonus hour and I play only regular not elites!

Thats more of a problem then. If you want to build up a supply of marks, you're really gonna need to learn to handle Elites just to halve your grind time. Honestly they aren't too bad and can be done with White-quality gear so long as your setup is reasonably solid. Getting your group in a chat channel like PublicSTF or EliteSTF helps a lot, simply because the people communicate and generally know what they're doing, and random groups from the queues can be maddening. When in doubt, follow the leader; if everyone parks 9km away from a target and specifically avoids finishing it off, do the same, and you'll be alright.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    For Romulan Marks, make sure you're Epohh tagging too! That's netted me a cool 1200 Rom Marks since Season 7 launched -- only ~3 weeks ago. I would actually be up to 1600 but I decided to keep one of my Evolved Elder Epohhs as a pet :D I'm working on my 5th and 6th one now, which should be done by next Tuesday, for a grand total of 2K Rom Marks (or 2400 if I sold my pet).

Check out this guide on how to raise Epohhs: mimey2's "A Guide to Epohhs"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For Romulan Marks, make sure you're Epohh tagging too! That's netted me a cool 1200 Rom Marks since Season 7 launched -- only ~3 weeks ago. I would actually be up to 1600 but I decided to keep one of my Evolved Elder Epohhs as a pet :D I'm working on my 5th and 6th one now, which should be done by next Tuesday, for a grand total of 2K Rom Marks (or 2400 if I sold my pet).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

^^^ This. Costs you nothing and takes minutes - make sure you team up too (check zone chat for plenty of people looking for team-mates) as you get more Epohh tags that way.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My skill with STFs is minimal, but I do follow the main rules of ISE. I am lucky if I only die once and don't get a respawn timer of about 2 minutes at the end. So if I can run an elite and not ruin it for others, then so can you. ISE is for all the STF newbs that don't have good enough skill for the other elite STFs. Of course, not all player that run ISE are newbs and they certainly help with the ISEs.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    For Romulan Marks, make sure you're Epohh tagging too!

Oh they actually do something? I'd never even looked at them, figuring they were vanity pets like Horta and Mugato and such. Good to know.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    Oh they actually do something? I'd never even looked at them, figuring they were vanity pets like Horta and Mugato and such. Good to know.

At the various stages of their life (e.g. the DOFF missions you can run), you can turn them into Toreth for Romulan Marks. You'll get the most for Elders, which take 5-8 days to raise if you log in and tag/ start the DOFF missions everyday. Check out that guide I linked on page 1 of this thread :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Well, they are - but once you've evolved your Epohh pup into a Moppet (or Adult or Elder) you can trade them back for Rom Marks - the Elder ones fetch 400 Marks :)

*Edit* Beaten to it :)
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    muncheemunchee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

WEll Rommy marks are not the Prob it's the Fleet marks that are killing the smaller Kling Fleets Sure hope we get a grab bag of them from Q' s winter fun I don't have the time running around chassing them too busy trying to Get Fleet marks after they Killed the Investigate Officer Reports Quick'ys
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    get fleet gear purple doff's

I am doing zero point I feel your pain on the grind wait till 12 sets
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well... 500 Romulan Marks can be a pain, but 500 Omega Marks? Really? If you can't get 500 Omega Marks, then you're just being lazy.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    dertylondertylon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I love those answers : "Just do Elite STF..."

So, basically, what you're saying is that the end-game content, is doing elite stf over & over again...

Wait, wasn't that the end-game prior to season 6?

And what if you don't like STF?

500 marks for mk XII stuff, alright, fair enough...

But come on, 450 marks per item for the borg set? That's ridiculous...

But beyond the cost of marks, which only influence the time to get the item, it would go a long way if there were more ways to earn marks...

Marks to replay episode for example, or to complete an exploration in the B'tran cluster or the nebulas in romulan space... Or getting marks for doing "enemy encounter"... or even simply, getting marks for destroying borg/romulan ships...

For the kdf, we could get marks for borg/romulan empire defense...

If we could get marks just by playing the game, instead of having to grind them on a few mission, it would be a real improvement...

I like the idea of the reputation system, but once I saw the price of the items, I realize that it would be pretty boring grinding for it... it's not really about getting the item, it is about the road you take to get there...

Diversity is key...
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    what's kind of a disappointmaent to me is, that people seem to not realize that the grind in each zone of new romulus would be much easier if they would form teams. But most of the invites i send to a person running around doing the same mission is a decline.

i mean, i understand they don't like this ninja invites (myself included), but it doesn't take a genius to realize that the invite is for this mission only and not an eternal friendship or something.
    just a quick grouping to do some percentage, even if the other guy finishes first and leaves i wouldn't mind...it is just to get the mission done a little faster.

so plz spread the word that grping on new romulus will make grinding the dailys a lot faster.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dertylon wrote: »

So, basically, what you're saying is that the end-game content, is doing elite stf over & over again...

Yes, this is an MMO. That's how they work.

You can get them from red alert sector events & defara stuff. Otherwise, tough luck? I don't really care for any of the Romulan mark content (which are significantly slower to grind out than Omega) but I'm still putting in the work. I know a lot of folks like it, and you can't always please everyone.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well... 500 Romulan Marks can be a pain, but 500 Omega Marks? Really? If you can't get 500 Omega Marks, then you're just being lazy.

Enlighten us oh great one why it's lazy being unable to grind 500 Omega Marks for casual players... Dont you just love players like this eejit,he's the reason STO is such a cold experience for so many people.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    d3cubedd3cubed Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Rom marks are actually pretty easy no matter what. 30 for radiation scanning, 60-75 for daily patrol, 10 for each "run around and do errands" daily (several of which require no combat), red alerts, epohh breeding, etc. As a new player, it was kind of shocking going from that to Defera and finding it taking much more effort to get 5 omega marks a quest.

Yes. While Romulan Marks are easy to get, the Omega Mark rates on Defera have to be increased
    I support Handsome Phaser Guy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dertylondertylon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    Yes, this is an MMO. That's how they work.

You can get them from red alert sector events & defara stuff. Otherwise, tough luck? I don't really care for any of the Romulan mark content (which are significantly slower to grind out than Omega) but I'm still putting in the work. I know a lot of folks like it, and you can't always please everyone.

Yes, of course, end-game content is gonna be repetitive, but a bit more diversity would be nice...

And that's were the argument close down on itself...

The original complaint was that 500 marks was too much for casual player (for mkX/XI anyway)...
    The answer is to do Eilte STF which grant a lot of marks... When explaining why it's not a satisfying solution, we're told that there is 2 others missions to get the marks...

And we're back to square 1, where grinding 500 marks with just normal stf, defera or red alert is extremely repetitive, boring (personal opinion there) and just gonna take forever for casual player...

Reducing the price of items for the tier 1 and tier 2 of the reputation system would make life a little easier for casual player, and keeping the tier 3 stuff & beyond at their price would keep elite player happy...

Good compromise there, isn't it?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Like I said, I find this statement odd. So far, for me, Romulan marks have been amazingly easy. Do the ground stuff on New Romulus & the patrol daily and they just flow in like water. Meanwhile, 5 marks per Defera ground mission is painful in comparison.

(as for Red Alerts.... I've managed to get into 4 so far, since I started playing. Two failed, so no marks. After wasting all that time for no result, I've stopped trying Red Alerts, they seem to be just a waste of time. /shrug)
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, of course, end-game content is gonna be repetitive, but a bit more diversity would be nice...

And that's were the argument close down on itself...

The original complaint was that 500 marks was too much for casual player (for mkX/XI anyway)...
    The answer is to do Eilte STF which grant a lot of marks... When explaining why it's not a satisfying solution, we're told that there is 2 others missions to get the marks...

And we're back to square 1, where grinding 500 marks with just normal stf, defera or red alert is extremely repetitive, boring (personal opinion there) and just gonna take forever for casual player...

Reducing the price of items for the tier 1 and tier 2 of the reputation system would make life a little easier for casual player, and keeping the tier 3 stuff & beyond at their price would keep elite player happy...

Good compromise there, isn't it?

Sure, I do think the Mk X stuff is overpriced. I'd move the cutting beam and zero point console to tier 3 and retain their price though.

How many marks do normal STFs award anyway? I'd assume its half, so 30-40? That doesn't seem too bad.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Wait, wasn't that the end-game prior to season 6?

If you don't like STFs then you probably should not run around in STF gear?

There are plenty alternatives to get good gear, Fleet stores, Romulan Rep... Crafting... buying stuff on the Exchange.

The only thing that hurts is having the Borg Engine (= Warp 20) hidden behind Tier 2, new ALTs being stuck at Warp 10 for that much longer is nothing i look forward too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you want the stuff, do what the game requires you to do to get it and if it takes a long time, well, wait... otherwise, um.. live without it? They already put in dilithium conversion projects because a) people moaned about there not being enough ways get it and b) because there are many many players just swimming in marks that they may never spend...
  • Options
    kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    How many marks do normal STFs award anyway? I'd assume its half, so 30-40? That doesn't seem too bad.

It's even less. 19 marks for completion and 4 Marks for the optional. Grinding with this isn't very motivating.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Enlighten us oh great one why it's lazy being unable to grind 500 Omega Marks for casual players... Dont you just love players like this eejit,he's the reason STO is such a cold experience for so many people.:rolleyes:

I laugh at you. In fact I roll on the floor laughing at you. Just cuz you have a lifer tag under your name doesn't give you the right to call anyone an idiot. In fact, if anything it gives me the right to laugh at you even more for spending so much money on this game.

500 Omega marks is very easy even for casual players. If you can't be bothered to spend an hour doing 3 elite stfs and getting those marks easily, yes, you are lazy. If you can't be bothered to spend such a tiny amount of time doing this, then yes, you are lazy.
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Like I said, I find this statement odd. So far, for me, Romulan marks have been amazingly easy. Do the ground stuff on New Romulus & the patrol daily and they just flow in like water. Meanwhile, 5 marks per Defera ground mission is painful in comparison.

(as for Red Alerts.... I've managed to get into 4 so far, since I started playing. Two failed, so no marks. After wasting all that time for no result, I've stopped trying Red Alerts, they seem to be just a waste of time. /shrug)

I don't do the New Romulus ground missions, I found them boring and tedious. As such, I am left with doing the Acamar system 7 times a day, which is also boring and tedious, but it involves no moving around, and nets me 60 marks a day. Which is why, since I admit here I am being lazy, Romulan marks are annoying, especially since the Tholian Red Alerts are even more of a pain to get into.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    500 marks is completely reasonable. If you want to run STFs for it, then Infected Space Elite is better. It gives 60 Omega Marks minimum. I think I got 130 Omega Marks from one run of ISE by doing it during the reputation bonus event, getting the optional, and the random Omega Marks bonus at the end. Also, to get one set that costs 500 Marks per item, it is 1500 Marks not 2000 since all sets now contain 3 items not 4.

Base Infected Elite has been 75 marks for each run for me.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Damn... I thought Epohh raising was just for useless inventory space sucking pets. I've not been doing it. :( I'll have to get on that.