test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any word on being able to cancel reputation projects?

Comments

• Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And the hammer of bran has spoken.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I also would like to atleast be able to cancel empty projects. Accidents happen, and people slot something they didnt really intend to. I have done this myself, and now as a result i will not progress my romulan tiers because i refuse to fill an empty slot that i didnt intend to slot. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nx000nx000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same here. Stuck with a useless requisition scorpion hangar pet project, so now I've lost one of my project slots. Customer service said they can't do anything about it. Still hoping this will be fixed, because I don't want to waste a bunch of resources for something that I'll end up discarding. More than a day's worth of dilithium down the drain.

The problem is that when you reach a new tier, the reputation missions disappear, and other projects take their place, so it's quite easy to accidentally do this.
  • Options
    novatoralfanovatoralfa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I tried to start my normal rep projects. I clicked and confirmed for a rep project. It instead started a useless and expensive deflector project that I refuse to sink resources into. This was not my fault it was a bug. I have submitted a ticket but after reading this it look like i'm screwed and either have to do it or deal with the loss of a project slot.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The ability to cancel a project was never built into the system. In case it's not obvious, the Reputation System is using the same basic technology as the Fleet Project system, and we specifically did not intend for Fleet Projects to be cancelled as it could allow for a fleet's leadership to potentially TRIBBLE over its players (intentionally or not).
    What is the difference between kicking players out and cancelling a project? Regardless about which option is chosen, the fleet's leadership already has the power to TRIBBLE over players. Leadership doesn't need a cancel button to cause any trouble. They already have that power.

Adding a cancel button to projects will help fleets, for it will be used to prevent certain crises. If another leader activates a highly expensive dilithium project and rage quits, the other fleet members will be desperately looking for that cancel option. I had that happen in my now defunct fleet. Since I didn't have the resources to cover the 200,000 dilithium price tag, on a project that no one wanted, I had no choice but to disband the entire fleet. It also didn't help that the disgruntled leader ended up kicking out our members and then looted our banks. I could have stopped some of the damage with a cancel button.
  • Options
    caramba3caramba3 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For cancel reputation or fleet projects must be possible to make.

If losing stuff donated in a Fleet project Thats fine every player got they're fleet credits.
    Only the Fleet Boss get the power to cancel fleet's projects.

Cancel a Empty Reputation Project must possible to do. By lag got the wrong project.

It will take me monhts to collect 20 green Engineers.
    The Doffs enchange 5 common to 1 Green is 500 Dil so will it basic 10k stil needed.
    But wil need more dil for that to get the right green engineer. and lots of wrong Green doffs of the random picks of the system.

So I will need more than 100k dil to get the right Green engineers.

Buying from the exchange will be an option: If the green doffs have the Right low price.
    If the market for them will go Up so you have to sell much of possible got get EC to buy those Green Engineers that will take lots of days of farming items to sell.

So basic change the green doffs for common doffs or put a cancel button in the reputation projects only for projects that are empty.

Or make the Dil refining from 8k to 12K a day. and vip/gold members 15k
  • Options
    otakuboytotakuboyt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    According to this

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4384551&postcount=45

it would cause grief to cancel a in progress.

Couldn't you at least have an option to cancel projects that no one has donated to yet?

I accidentally selected the winter one on my Federation fleet and I don't want to do that one. :(

Thanks. I would love to SPEND my dilithium on the other missions.

Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    summonerdeltasummonerdelta Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The ability to cancel an empty project would be very usefull. Especially if you have no intention of putting anything into it because you selected the wrong project by accident.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Okay, I'll admit that I hadn't really tried to champion this cause due to this not really affecting me, I was pretty good about paying attention to these things.

But I am human, and I TRIBBLE up. And now I'm slated to get Scorpion Fighters.

I do not have a carrier.

Nor do I want one.

I am not buying something that is completely and unutterably useless to me. FIX THIS NOW.
  • Options
    frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You made a mistake, deal with it. Its not like you are being locked out of something as a result. You dont get a full refund when you buy the wrong commodity or a boff/doff for the wrong faction. All your mistake is costing you is time. Deal with it.
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have to give OP my support. There ought to be a regret-button. There are to many funky bugs that could be postponed from experiencing, by cancelling a project to await a future bugfix. Imo.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    pennyprimrosepennyprimrose Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You made a mistake, deal with it. Its not like you are being locked out of something as a result. You dont get a full refund when you buy the wrong commodity or a boff/doff for the wrong faction. All your mistake is costing you is time. Deal with it.

tact noun \ˈtakt\
    Definition of TACT
    1: sensitive mental or aesthetic perception <converted the novel into a play with remarkable skill and tact>
    2: a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense

Your diplomacy must not even be Rank I.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just another problem with this waste of space/time rep system that should have never been implemented in the first place...

Give me back the old STF loot system please :(
  • Options
    thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    make the reputation thing account effected.. then it would be easier to tolerate... I am tempted to level up a new character, but when I think of I have to log on 35 days in a row to update the rep thing I make a noise along the liens of "pfftt" and do somethign else.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Yeah! I mean, like it'd be stupid to let people buy back items they had sold accidentally. Jeez. Put your big boy pants on!
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    He is talking about reputation in a videogame. Not some horrible crime he commited IRL.
    Seriously....

Some projects need a lot to complete, and you need to finish them. Just because you selected the wrong one. And yes, you are being locked out of 1 reputation slot as a result, until you finish the stupid project.

So far I haven't made a mistake with reputation, but it scare me^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    tact noun \ˈtakt\
    Definition of TACT
    1: sensitive mental or aesthetic perception <converted the novel into a play with remarkable skill and tact>
    2: a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense

Your diplomacy must not even be Rank I.

I'm as elegant as a sledgehammer, but there's not much confusion about where i stand on issues.
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm as elegant as a sledgehammer, but there's not much confusion about where i stand on issues.

So you support this mechanic that makes money off of simple easy to make mistakes? There is a very specific set of choice words for people like you.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There is a prompt that reminds you that a project can't be canceled when you select it, that should be good enough, since if you accidentally click the wrong thing then click to confirm it you've made your choice and can't complain it was an accident.
    Conversely there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to drop a project, if and only if you haven't contributed any marks or resources to it, but to be honest that level of redundancy shouldn't be necessary if you're paying attention to what you are doing.
    If they do allow users to drop projects that are in progress at the very least they should lose the contributed marks, resources and completion time since there are adequate safeguards against accidental choices.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    erei1 wrote: »
    He is talking about reputation in a videogame. Not some horrible crime he commited IRL.
    Seriously....

Some projects need a lot to complete, and you need to finish them. Just because you selected the wrong one. And yes, you are being locked out of 1 reputation slot as a result, until you finish the stupid project.

So far I haven't made a mistake with reputation, but it scare me^^

...it takes what, one day and whatever the timer is to remedy the situation? Consider it a lesson in attention to detail. Yeah its a bit depressing when you TRIBBLE up (accidentally queued up the wrong fleet project the other day. Felt like a total jackass), but you learn from your mistakes and become better for it. Oddly enough, im more lenient with actual criminals since their mistakes follow them long after they redressed the balance
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited December 2012

It may sound harsh, but I have to agree. Many people have been asking for a way to cancel reputation projects. But, in effect, their already is one. You have to scroll through the projects, then select one, then confirm it. That's at least three steps double clicking twice and using a scroll wheel.

In recruit training one of the mantras taught is "Slow and Steady, Fast is Fatal." Those are words to live by- whether or not you ever actually handle a firearm. It is no ones fault but your own if you've got a hair trigger.
  • Options
    chrismullins1987chrismullins1987 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lol good luck winning this case.
    You made a mistake, accept the consequences.
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    maxvitor wrote: »
    There is a prompt that reminds you that a project can't be canceled when you select it, that should be good enough, since if you accidentally click the wrong thing then click to confirm it you've made your choice and can't complain it was an accident.
    Conversely there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to drop a project, if and only if you haven't contributed any marks or resources to it, but to be honest that level of redundancy shouldn't be necessary if you're paying attention to what you are doing.
    If they do allow users to drop projects that are in progress at the very least they should lose the contributed marks, resources and completion time since there are adequate safeguards against accidental choices.

^^^ This. For personal projects, the opportunity to change the decision should be there. If I found out that I had just started pouring in resources into something that is yet a placeholder... I would surely give a rats a** about loosing some resources, if i could only change my choice into another project.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    So you support this mechanic that makes money off of simple easy to make mistakes? There is a very specific set of choice words for people like you.

How is cryptic making money off of not letting you cancel a project? It doesnt cost zen to do these projects unless YOU WANT them to via the dilithium exchange. And hell, you could just let that project slot sit there and stare at you. Again, all you lose is TIME.
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    maxvitor wrote: »

I'm fine with that.

How is cryptic making money off of not letting you cancel a project? It doesnt cost zen to do these projects unless YOU WANT them to via the dilithium exchange. And hell, you could just let that project slot sit there and stare at you. Again, all you lose is TIME.

And time is money no?
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was very irritated to find I had started a project that cost -500- marks, when I wasn't interested in grinding for it. Really screwed up my progress for a while until I saved up enough, and destroyed my comfortable 'bank' of marks.

I learned to be more careful... but it doesn't make any real sense why you can't cancel a project you haven't put anything into.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    And time is money no?

Only if you're getting paid for it.
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    zahinder wrote: »
    I was very irritated to find I had started a project that cost -500- marks, when I wasn't interested in grinding for it. Really screwed up my progress for a while until I saved up enough, and destroyed my comfortable 'bank' of marks.

I learned to be more careful... but it doesn't make any real sense why you can't cancel a project you haven't put anything into.

Even if you have put stuff in it, I would be okay if I lost it. JUST LET ME CANCEL THE DAMN THINGS.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It would be nice if there was a confirmation for the queued project to take place after the previous project in that slot completes. There is no confirmation asking if you're sure you want to put that project in waiting while the other is going and after you claim the reward for the previous project the next project switches over without a confirmation. You can switch out projects in waiting while others in the slot(s) are going, but if you don't catch your mistake before you claim the reward for that project slot you're screwed.

The bottom line is that people really do need to learn how to read. It isn't hard to pick the projects you want while ignoring the ones you don't. Without reading the project description first, much less the "Are you sure you want to do this project" window, Cryptic could put in an agreement without you even realizing it. Next thing you know you're abducted, have your face sewn to someone else's rear, and turned into a HUMANCENTiPAD.

Edit: I do agree a way to cancel a project whether or not we contributed to it would be nice.

For example: you have a 2,000 XP project complete and the 800 XP project slotted but nothing contributed yet. The 2k XP project gives you enough to increase your tier. After increasing your tier you want to do another 2k XP project and either a rep store unlock project or a project that rewards a single item but you can only do 1 until you complete that 800 XP project.