Install Arc
Options

i have an idea!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    erkyss2erkyss2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think it`s pretty TRIBBLE that this major bug didn`t get any attention from Dev`s. 1 project that is sitting open for more than a month and holding progress of the fleets just bcs Dev`s completly overlooked the problem, and instead of fixing it they where drinking coffee!

BUT, for Dev`s is more important that music on new romulus is playing correctly right?
  • Options
    arcorianarcorian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    too bad I switched that music off a long time ago. :D
    Post edited by arcorian on
    To live in a perfect world just expect less than nothing...
  • Options
    hahtsehahtse Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please fix this.
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    oswaldgd21oswaldgd21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Banned for stating fact?..... disgusting behavior
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012

according to this, they kinda have an idea of what is wrong, which makes it worse, since that post is a few weeks old... no matter, new music on romulus, and a few items now have correct grammer.. this boff project bug will be fixed for season 8 as "content"
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    puttenham wrote: »
    according to this, they kinda have an idea of what is wrong, which makes it worse, since that post is a few weeks old... no matter, new music on romulus, and a few items now have correct grammer.. this boff project bug will be fixed for season 8 as "content"

Two weeks ago and they said they know what is wrong but if I read it right then it will take time for it to get fixed because it is a lot of files to edit.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    oswaldgd21 wrote: »
    Banned for stating fact?..... disgusting behavior

Watch it...
  • Options
    metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Banning Dura for this is wrong. Fixing the bug is right.
    I hope that lesson in education clears this mess up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Two weeks ago and they said they know what is wrong but if I read it right then it will take time for it to get fixed because it is a lot of files to edit.

one person shouldnt be working on it, they should have people working around the clock to fix it..

i know its alot of files, but honestly, other games squash bugs usually within a week. cryptic is famous for letting them hang around and get to know everyone..

terradome is a perfect example.. they never really fixed it, and that has been a bug isince like season 2 or 3.
    a month is more than enouph time to find, and squash a bug. being fair, since j man (whom is my fav. dev so i dont want to be too critical of) found it two weeks ago, that still leaves more than enouph time to find and fix the problem.. its code, i know friends who work for software companies whom its their job to find, fix and stabalize code, and they can find and fix stuff pretty quick..
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Sad...
  • Options
    thefifthdoctorthefifthdoctor Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Someone asks for help...and gets a perma ban?
    Good lord, I always thought the Star Wars Galaxies forums were the worst for customer service, banning & being downright mean to players.

All we want is this problem resolved, out of the many things wrong with STO (season 7 is pointless, for example) I don't think this bug is too big an ask.

Please fix this bug, do it for the folk trying to earn fleet credits if nobody else!
    (ahem, me, ahem)
  • Options
    gtomegagtomega Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hydrodura wrote: »
    Instead of fixing a Cosmetic problem like "?The Kinetic Cutting beam is no longer incorrectly referred to as a turret." "?Fixed a description error in Elite Scorpion Fighter Carrier pets" How about you use your resorces to fix broken thing like adding bridge officers to upgrade mission on starbase. in which my fleet has sent over 100 bug reports and i sent in 2 ticket in with no real response. it been 4 weeks we been sitting on this project. your lack of concern is noticeable. i have 400 active members in this fleet upset with YOU! Here is an idea if you have no idea how to fix it change the bridge officers to doffs. funny part the will move this post or i will get banned for another week. That what they are good at.

There is nothing that dura said that offensive to any potential reader or to the company itself, except that he pointed out a flaw and your response to pointing out this flaw is to give him a lifetime ban. This seems to me as you made it personal against him.

In the release notes for Nov. 21 you stated "Fleet Starbase Personnel projects should now properly accept Bridge Officer donations." apparently you know about the problem and tried to fixed it and failed. Here is an idea that might help you improve your customer service; post an in-game message stating that you're aware of the problem and are trying to fixed it and then put everyone on the problem to fix it at all possible speed, instead of wasting resources on new music or fixing typos.
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Few of things:
    - Why doesn't the bug submission system work so that we can actually associate bugs with previously reported ones? I also flagged this; there is some anomaly that has allowed someone to actually put ONE Andorian boff towards this project in our fleet. I'm sure your system is flooded with duplicate tickets/bug reports because you have a poor TT system - tried eForge?

- It took 7 days for a lifetime subscriber (me) to get a response to a simple inventory issue, despite being promoted as receiving priority attention when signing up for a lifetime subscription. I'm generally happy with how it plays, but might be some bias from the Trekkie in me. What would make me happier is seeing a more communicative CM and Dev team.

- I'm sure Dura's ban had something else behind it, I'd be surprised if it were just from this post. That being said, your CM staff should be more participative in clarifying things to the community. F2P title or otherwise, I'm sure your revenue stream is substantial enough to ensure that those of us who do pump $ into this game can be left with a warm fuzzy feeling that our money is supporting something. Because I'm not seeing any prioritisation in resolution of gameplay affecting issues, such as this boff bug. A strong participative CM team can earn money to fund itself by encouraging players to stick to playing a title, or even increase the player base. Leaving people in the dark like this gives the impression that you just don't care enough about the community. Arbitrarily banning people without a statement from the CM is sending the wrong message.
  • Options
    andrewgariskandrewgarisk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would think this would have been a high enough priority to have had a solution by now even if it meant giving every fleet credit and scrubbing the project....
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There will never be an "official" response to why someone got banned.

For them to state such is a violation of their own privacy policies. Even if it weren't, they're not obligated to defend their actions publicly with respect to another person's account. To be honest, on that fact alone, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked by now or at least heavily edited.

Keep in mind that staff is privy to information and incidents that we, the players, are not. Who knows what was on the person's record prior to the action?

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    dp1180dp1180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    not only can we not fix 1 problem that affects hundreds of players within a month, now I'm seeing additional problems that nobody seems to have time to address! I can't give a bridge officer to solve a little star base upgrade delay, and now I have no bridge officer abilities on my ship? Tell me why I became a lifetime member again.....
    Stop TRIBBLE around and fix the bugs!
  • Options
    frankstuartfrankstuart Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Banning Dura for this is wrong. Fixing the bug is right.
    I hope that lesson in education clears this mess up.

agreed,

we need and update on this bug from the programmers...

is this bug "the bridge officer starbase contribution" going to be resolved?

if it is a bug that is being worked on... and it is hard to resolve, please give us an update on it.

we can undrestand that some of the bugs may be a handfull, we are just eager to get on with this starbase project!
    Task Force Spectre addicted... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    A fix is on trouble.
  • Options
    noxmagnus#7077 noxmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    :cool: It would be nice to see this fixed. (or at least have the project cleared until it is fixed.)

-Thanks
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    :cool: It would be nice to see this fixed. (or at least have the project cleared until it is fixed.)

-Thanks

If all goes well, the patch of tomorrow will fix the issue. Best to monitor it, if it is so.