test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

i have an idea!!

hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
Instead of fixing a Cosmetic problem like "?The Kinetic Cutting beam is no longer incorrectly referred to as a turret." "?Fixed a description error in Elite Scorpion Fighter Carrier pets" How about you use your resorces to fix broken thing like adding bridge officers to upgrade mission on starbase. in which my fleet has sent over 100 bug reports and i sent in 2 ticket in with no real response. it been 4 weeks we been sitting on this project. your lack of concern is noticeable. i have 400 active members in this fleet upset with YOU! Here is an idea if you have no idea how to fix it change the bridge officers to doffs. funny part the will move this post or i will get banned for another week. That what they are good at.
Post edited by hydrodura on

Comments

• Options
    iamsumomonsteriamsumomonster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would also very much like this issue to be fixed. I hope this gets fixed along with some of the other game degrading bugs (such as certain missions not completing in defera invasion zone) would be prioritized above pointless cosmetic changes.
  • Options
    angelixeaangelixea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This has been a significant hindrance on a lot of fleets who are now stuck with this project. It just sits there holding progress back. I would really love to see this issue addressed and it seems that a very reasonable solution has been submitted. I think it needs a good looking into. Sadly He and perhaps others who post on this issue will be banned again for no reason. I am sorry but issues need to be brought to light. The main reason we are here and care so much is we are Trekkies simple and true. Does not matter which series got us hooked but we are and we love this game. Yet simply hanging on the name will only take you so far my dear Cryptic. Results are necessary and I would expect more seeing as this is a simple issue. It saddens me to see the game that I and many others pay a great deal of our income to play. Letting such a small bug go unchecked when it should be easy to fix.
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    this is retardedly silly that they have not fixed this problem yet.. i am the co fleet admiral in the op's fleet. we have been sitting on this for more than 4 weeks. it is true that we have personally as a fleet sent more bug reports than needed. the only 1 who got a response was a german guy who submitted the bug ticket to the german channel.. and that was a useless response as always...

here here to the lets not make cosmeti changes while there are so many "game breaking" bugs and issues in the game. the lack of quality assurance, control, and customer service in this game is absurd. ive never been treated this way buy any company i would pay money to for a service.. its almost like cryptic thinks they are the only gaming company out there and they have no one to compete with...

further more we were one of the only fleets to actually finish the chef mission when we needed 1000 heart of targs.. a few weeks later, they make the mission gravy, what did we get for our hard work.. another mission that is broken... we understand that being the first fleet to hit alot of these mission that we will encounter bugs, and will have to sit on a few missions, but realistically, its been over a month and alot of the other fleets have caught up and are on the same bug...

honestly, priorities are key, learn how to set them...
  • Options
    flightxcflightxc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In the same fleet.It has been getting to be a big problem. It seems the situation got stagnant; I hope they at least read the complaints.
  • Options
    likesmesolikesmeso Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am also quite unhappy that this issue has not been addressed. There are multiple solutions to this problem, but the fact that none of them have appeared to be tried, and, more importantly, that no one has posted something in-game about this buy being worked on strongly suggests that no one cares about the Fleets being held up. I urge a progress report to be issued. But even better would be a solution!
  • Options
    thunga42thunga42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A month on a bug to get fixed is a bit long guys. I understand that when dealing with large/huge/astronomical amounts of code it can get a bit hard to find each problem and fix it when you add or change something. But a month to fix this is a bit long. i know that my fleet, and others have had this holding up their progress for some time. I would like to see this and the other bugs fixed. Especially the mission bugs that refuse to complete even after you have done everything you are suppose to do.

I will say that I do love this game. I left for a time after it was released but have returned and I can see that you have made progress on several fronts from release. I love the star base stuff and the new reputation system. But the bugs in the content needs to be fixed.

Also, you need to add some new stuff. Not new ships that we can buy in the C store but new missions, new factions, etc. The game will become stale and die off if you dont do something about this.
  • Options
    rotorblade573rotorblade573 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fleet Starbases are a major part of this game now and the smooth running of their projects is certainly a top priority. What is preventing this issue from getting fixed? Or at least the Dev(s) should remove the Boff projects affected until the issue gets resolved.

Please Mr.Stahl - Assign a different person to fix this project becuase the one who is responsible for it now isn't getting it done.
  • Options
    vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Signed. Lost contributions:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    thunga42 wrote: »
    A month on a bug to get fixed is a bit long guys. I understand that when dealing with large/huge/astronomical amounts of code it can get a bit hard to find each problem and fix it when you add or change something. But a month to fix this is a bit long. i know that my fleet, and others have had this holding up their progress for some time. I would like to see this and the other bugs fixed. Especially the mission bugs that refuse to complete even after you have done everything you are suppose to do.

I will say that I do love this game. I left for a time after it was released but have returned and I can see that you have made progress on several fronts from release. I love the star base stuff and the new reputation system. But the bugs in the content needs to be fixed.

Also, you need to add some new stuff. Not new ships that we can buy in the C store but new missions, new factions, etc. The game will become stale and die off if you dont do something about this.

yeah, this new romulus, while a nice map, got old after the first five minutes of playing.. ive said it b4 and had a convo with dstahl in another one of my threads.. the thing that kills this game is that cryptic just hasnt come across the right formula to make everyone happy.. i was super excited about season 6, it kept me logged in, i was glued to the game.. had high hopes for season 7 and so far, (for my gameplay style), its been a flop. in less than a month, i have finished most of the worthwhile content, and am now finding it hard to log in.. (i find myself looking for other stuff to do, or playing rift)...

i am a hardcore star trek fan, but that doesnt mean ill spend my money on something that i get no return from.. honestly.. new ships are nice and shiney and blah blah blah.. but purchasing it doesnt really change the game play.. you are simply flying a new ship in the same "old" content.. honestly, we are coming up on three years.. there is no other mmo out there that reaches 3 years and doesnt have an expansion, or large content release...

on another note, reskinning the tech is not new content in my mind.. the rep system and embassy are not "new" content in my eyes, its the same gift regifted... its like kicking a dead horse... as i do it, i say to myself, "god this feels familier" lol...

star trek online needs an expansion.. a large scale (doubling the content in game) release that can reinvent the game... this game can be king, as long as they make the right moves..
  • Options
    deckirkdeckirk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i to am totally feed up waiting on this stupid andorian duty officers project to be fixed ,this has caused our fleet to come to a stand still ,we were doing so well at the star base ,sadly this has left me no longer interested in the star base .in fact between this and the total lack of interesting content in space pvp ,i will be playing another game until such a time this game gets some much needed love and attention it really needs,please sort this out ,
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They should have not changed this project in the first place. Projects that requires lots of Doffs should be altered to white doffs while projects that require only a few doffs or boffs should not have been changed. When it was purple boffs, this project was a lot easier.
  • Options
    hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    mrmeatstickmrmeatstick Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    +1 to this whole thread.
  • Options
    dsethdseth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    All complaints aside, its not what the problem is, but the lack of knowledge of what, if anything is being done to resolve the situation that frustrates people. Please, if your not going to address the issue at this time, just say so. Give a target date, etc, when it will be looked at, then people can go from there.
  • Options
    kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've watched the Andorian upgrade project sit until it started giving off an unpleasant odor.

Seeing how the starbase system is a big deal in STO, issues like this should have some priority. Starbase is one of those things that keeps people coming back, logging on, contributing. If progress gets halted by glitches, then said glitches need to be fixed or GMs given the tools to sort it out on a case by case basis. Keeping four hundred people (and that's just one fleet!) waiting indefinitely for no reason is inexcusable.

In case the devs aren't familliar with the issue, regardless of all the bug reports sent, the "station Andorian personnel officer on starbase" upgrade project can't be completed due to the fact that it requires common quality Andorian bridge officers, which are nearly impossible to obtain in game.
  • Options
    arcorianarcorian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Realy guys... the ban-hammer (lifetime edition)... even without a comment in the actual thread? Bad, realy bad. Why is it that most Online Games allways lack the very basics of Customer Relationship Management? :rolleyes:

I mean I am allready bored with the game and the only reason for staying with STO is the community I play with, but you guys realy give people like me a hard time to actually stay. You might want to re-think your ways of dealing with the community.
    To live in a perfect world just expect less than nothing...
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hydrodura wrote: »
    Instead of fixing a Cosmetic problem like "?The Kinetic Cutting beam is no longer incorrectly referred to as a turret." "?Fixed a description error in Elite Scorpion Fighter Carrier pets" How about you use your resorces to fix broken thing like adding bridge officers to upgrade mission on starbase.

You do realise that text errors are probably the easiest things to fix, right?

Those things probably get fixed on the fly, no problem analysis needed; then they add it to patch notes to let people know they've done it.

Sure, I totally agree bugs need to ironed out, but there is no reason not to fix typo's and text errors as they come along. I actually applaud the fact that they fix those between their regular activities, as it shows a certain amount of professionalism.
  • Options
    deckirkdeckirk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hydrodura wrote: »
    Instead of fixing a Cosmetic problem like "?The Kinetic Cutting beam is no longer incorrectly referred to as a turret." "?Fixed a description error in Elite Scorpion Fighter Carrier pets" How about you use your resorces to fix broken thing like adding bridge officers to upgrade mission on starbase. in which my fleet has sent over 100 bug reports and i sent in 2 ticket in with no real response. it been 4 weeks we been sitting on this project. your lack of concern is noticeable. i have 400 active members in this fleet upset with YOU! Here is an idea if you have no idea how to fix it change the bridge officers to doffs. funny part the will move this post or i will get banned for another week. That what they are good at.

how could u ban someone for ever for this post .that is just over the top
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    twam wrote: »

Those things probably get fixed on the fly, no problem analysis needed; then they add it to patch notes to let people know they've done it.

Sure, I totally agree bugs need to ironed out, but there is no reason not to fix typo's and text errors as they come along. I actually applaud the fact that they fix those between their regular activities, as it shows a certain amount of professionalism.

Yes, we do realize that it is easier to fix then other bugs, but honestly : If in any other branch a service would neglect a + 100 complaints about something, either the head of that service will be sacked, the one responsible for that error would be sacked or the one that isn't doing his/her job to fix that error would be sacked. That's the reality. And don't give me the blah blah blah about "it's software" coz that is utter TRIBBLE. An error remains an error and should be addressed till it's fixed.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    [...], as it shows a certain amount of professionalism.
    So you explain to me the professionalism in the fact that the author of this thread got banned for life from forums? That to me is anything but professional.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

so grammer is more important than playability... hmmmm.. i understand its probably easier, the time invested in researching where wording is wrong and what not could have been used to squash a game wrecking bug.. priorities are needed..

the problem is that they are still to small of a group to be even attempting to run a mmo. its actually disconcearning that they havnt increased the team by a factor of 4 or 5 by now.. if you want to play with the big boys in the gaming industry, you need to start acting like a big boy...

what makes the other games so much moe successfull is that they have teams that are large enouph to run the game.. they have a dedicated r and r department, they have teams dedicated to each faction in their game.. they have a bug fixing team, and teams just for content.. right now, with how small the sto team is, everyone kinda does everything, and it is the most inefficiant way to do it..

rift came out around the time that sto did. it was also a small development team.. but they have grown, their customer service is second to none. they squash bugs within days of them being found.. and if they cant, they let us know they are having trouble, appologize, and keep us posted.. and they just released a expansion that more than doubled the playable content in the game, its enouph to keep you busy for another 6 months..

sto comes out with small content, a few times a year that keeps you busy for literally a few weeks.. (sure the fleet system was designed to go longer, but its not enouph). we were discussing in t/s earlier that in a year, we will probably be playing the same stf's and endgame content that we play now.. and everyone agreed that it was a possability..

its too bad, cryptic has a truly great ip inwhich the fans are dedicated to (just look at the fact that the game is still up and running three years later, considering the year of hell, the lack of content, and no real sign of it getting any better). the problem i have is i keep telling myself that the next season will be better.. but its coming to the too little too late time..
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    arcorian wrote: »
    So you explain to me the professionalism in the fact that the author of this thread got banned for life from forums? That to me is anything but professional.

funny how most of the peeps who stand up and put their foot down seem to disapear.
  • Options
    sportz19721010sportz19721010 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wow! I cannot believe a business that has nicely been asked to fix the bridge officer starbase upgrade problem hasn't fixed the problem in over 4 weeks?

I cannot believe that when a person starts getting upset and a little sarcastic trying to get Cryptics attention because being nice doesn't work; gets permanently banned from the forums. Now, Hydrodura is a martyr for those who actually want a good star trek game.

Everyone needs to know, the forum thread does not appear to accomplish anything, submitting tickets does not accomplish anything, and paying Cryptic more than any other MMO does not accomplish anything.

Bottom line, if there is something broke in STO, just play the game and be quiet or quit.

This truly saddens me, as I have been a star trek fan all my life and overall this game is awesome. I want Cryptic to succeed, I want to play at least a decent quality game. I would love to think that all the money I have spent on this game would be going towards a quality control team that actually cared
    darth-vader-wants-to-rock_zps3as86bfd.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    puttenham wrote: »
    funny how most of the peeps who stand up and put their foot down seem to disapear.

You call it funny... I call it disgusting and childish. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    puttenham wrote: »

AMEN Brother!
  • Options
    judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In every game I have played, I always laugh when I see people complain so much they get banned...

If you don't like the game, don't play it.

Silly people
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wow dura banned for life from forums for asking a question? That really is harsh, wonder what will happen if I push my own ticket on a different matter too much?
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In every game I have played, I always laugh when I see people complain so much they get banned...

If you don't like the game, don't play it.

Silly people

It's sillier to put your head in the sand and obtain nothing. :rolleyes: Please, yes, do us a favor, go play the game for honor and a couple of batteries.
  • Options
    judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's sillier to put your head in the sand and obtain nothing. :rolleyes: Please, yes, do us a favor, go play the game for honor and a couple of batteries.
    It's a game

:rolleyes: (I can make a silly face too to emphasize a pointless point)

Try to remember that this is a game and games are supposed to be fun.

If it isn't fun, why do you play?

In addition, if you think YOU want the game to be successful and work right, don't you think the ones who rely on the game to put food on their table do MUCH MORE than you, the player?
  • Options
    edited December 2012

It's like so many people want to make themselves look better because they can "bash" people for having legitimate complaints...when, in fact, they are complaining about complainers!

I don't like Cryptic baby rump kissers! Cryptic is giving Star Trek a bad name because they make it where you can't play the game, unless, of course, the bridge officer mission for the star base is suppose to take over a month.