What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2»

Comments

• Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    EC cost is pathetic, you should be able to easily cover the costs from dailies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    These people posting with 11 and 20 chars... How do you do it and do your families know you anymore?

I actually made 2 million in 48 hours on a lvl 2 toon just by reselling major regen's and large hypo's on the exchange for 10 times their vendor price.... but it's to much work to keep posting hypos and regens.
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    another way to make good ec is the foundry missions. I do one in particular, the loot drops from it net me, on average, 550,000 ec from a vendor. that is just ONE 15 - 20 minute space combat mission. do this mission a couple three times a day and you are all set.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They do get expensive, and it gets worse when you go up. I started tier 4 today..
    But i can say, by doing the romulan patrol missions (usually Japori) for me, i get enough in drops to easily cover the cost for all projects, Romulan, and Omega.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bohiap wrote: »
    Do a search on http://www.stowiki.org you can find the cheapest vendor for all of the commodities. There are more than a few ways, some listed on this thread, to get EC.
    I can play for around and hour, hit my dilithium limit on dailies, and sell all the junk. That usually nets me 150-200k.

Do "Negotiate Delivery of Additional Artifacts." Powered Artifacts sell on the exchange for around a mil EC.

I'm running the rep mission now to get the cutting beam. 500 Marks does seem steep. But, not after an hour of STFs during and event. Not sure what I'm gonna do about the Romulan rep though. I've been doing the patrol mission, plus a circuit of the Romulan ground missions.
    They can be a little grindy. On the other hand, so far there's no Romulan items I want.

Yes, yes, yes. I do all that, and I have a KDF go-for alt. And it's STILL cutting into my EC stock. I'm getting Dilithium faster than EC's at this point. :P
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    another way to make good ec is the foundry missions. I do one in particular, the loot drops from it net me, on average, 550,000 ec from a vendor. that is just ONE 15 - 20 minute space combat mission. do this mission a couple three times a day and you are all set.

I'd love to hear what mission that is. 15 min for half a million?

Anyway if I were fresh on level 50 and was starting the rep system the EC's required would be a huge burden.
    But on the other hand if they made the requirements reasonable they'd be a joke to high end players and their aim is afterall to have it last a while.

I don't know when they are pushing out the next reputation but it sounds like people are done with t5 this month.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I got lucky and created a Very Rare Tactical Console - Phaser Mk XII, which I sold on the exchange for 38.4 million EC. It'll probably hold me over for my primary and three alt characters' Reputation system.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you have the Omega/Romulan Marks to do the Reputation Project, but don't have the ec to buy the commodities, you're doing something wrong.

The cost of the Reputation Projects is pretty insignificant to the Repair Costs in a lot of games i've played.