test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase Upgrade Project stuck?

2»

Comments

• kar1972kar1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Correct. Between the software changes that were required, and the large amount of data we had to change/updated, there was insufficient time for a solid QA review after making the changes that were made, in order to make the cutoff for this morning's patch.

But why BOFFS?

Come on, seriously, since the start we always had DOFFS for the projects, now, you changed all that to common doffs, thats cool since colored doffs cost much more.

Whats the logical behind this is what I do not understand. Those projects is just to add the specif species NPC's to the starbases, they give doffs!

It would be much more logical if we had to put specific species doffs there, but BOFFS?

I do understand you to give more uses from stuff that is basically dormant in the game, after all we just need the boffs for space since the doffs, will fill space abilities and ground abilities on the doff system.

Would not be much simpler to change the boffs to doffs? I am just asking, cause I do not know nothing about programing and the work that involves, what I know is, that since from the start everything was working well, the starbase missions I mean, since there is a lot of things in the game that are bugged and you guys do not fix them. Maybe because of time pressures from the "big bosses". So, you just have to prioritize things.

You guys, the devs, the ones that work your as**S off should really gather with the powers on PW, or Cryptic or whoever calls the shots over there.

I mean, this is your product, we are clients, and I think you love this game has much we do. You have done great things to the game, well even if some part of the player base do not agree with some of them, but in overall this game got better since it started.

To be honest, and of course I speak only for me, I prefer to have 2 or 3 months without any new content, but have a stable game that bugs are addressed with more importance.

There are many things to fix that it seams it goes under the "pile of jobs" more and more. Did you guys know the C-Store, or ZEN Store now, it is still bugged? Some items do not show up after you log in, so the rest of our characters cannot retrieve that same item after we bought it.

The exchange is broken for... I forgot how much time now, and that really needs a workout because at this moment, the exchange sucks, pure and simple.

I know there must be a lot of pressure on you guys to do some work, but you all really need to step down a little and talk with your bosses about this.

Things like, lets trow this new thing now and fix tomorrow, is bad, bad for you because it looks like lack of professional quality, and bad for the player based that rage in these forums (like me I admit) and get warnings from Brandon by violating the rules. :P

It is really frustrating for us, one more week like you said to fix this now, I bet it is not a easy task for you but decisions were made, I do not by whom, but some of them were bad calls. You guys really must seen this.

Then the forums get filled with rage, and conspiracies theories and so on about Cryptic, PW, that they only care for making money etc, etc...

This is a company, it is their job to make money, but you forget, you make money with us, we spend money to pay for everything, and you decided to for F2P to bring even more people to play for "free" to make more money. I understand, I really do, but, lets show a bit more quality here and a bit more cooperation between the Devs, Cryptic and PW and we, the ones that spend hours and hours playing this game, and paying for it.

Hope you fix that soon.
    Good luck

Cheers.
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • ragsyragsy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kar1972 wrote: »
    But why BOFFS?

Come on, seriously, since the start we always had DOFFS for the projects, now, you changed all that to common doffs, thats cool since colored doffs cost much more.

...................................TL;DR............................

Hope you fix that soon.
    Good luck

Cheers.

Man, you're really uppity today over this. You should go have some cookies and warm milk and relax a bit.
  • kar1972kar1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ragsy wrote: »
    Man, you're really uppity today over this. You should go have some cookies and warm milk and relax a bit.

I am relaxed, are you? :rolleyes:

But I am out of cookies.:eek:
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Correct. Between the software changes that were required, and the large amount of data we had to change/updated, there was insufficient time for a solid QA review after making the changes that were made, in order to make the cutoff for this morning's patch.

Psst. Hey Borticus, can you make it so that it'll take ANY BOffs of any quality (Common-Purple)? I have mail with a TON of non-white BOffs I'd love to get rid of. :eek::D
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2012
    Honestly, at this point, i don't care anymore what boffs it will take. Just get it fixed. IT blocks our fleets further progress for over a week now.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Psst. Hey Borticus, can you make it so that it'll take ANY BOffs of any quality (Common-Purple)? I have mail with a TON of non-white BOffs I'd love to get rid of. :eek::D
    Aye, me too... Or is there a way to demote higher-quality BOffs (Green-Purple) for Common (White) ones, as we can with DOffs?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • mulder1aqmulder1aq Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So we are going to have to sit for at least ANOTHER week?

Like the other guys said just give credit for the ones stuck in progress and scheduled and then pull them til they are finished so we can keep progressing. I know you guys wouldn't do that.. god forbid you give us something for free but this is a serious problem that has existed since June.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monsterofbloodmonsterofblood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree with the spirit of all the posts, do something nowwwwww =====> no more next week we'l fix it TRIBBLE. Fleets with 100's of people are watching you flub up. Even you extended the patch time you didn't get it fixed. well should have extended the patch even more to address this particular problem. I get the feeling that you just don't care.:mad:
    edited November 2012
    Yes, actually, I play the game every day, and have since Closed Beta. Unfortunately (well, really fortunately), the fleet I am in does not have this project stuck, though.

The team will continue investigating and we hope to have resolution to it as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You are in the only fleet where this problem doesn't exist? Nice smug reaction to the suffering of others. Lets get this str8, as long as your fleet is going smoothly your not worried about us? This is the way you make it sound. I want to know how you got your Boff's to work? Use that information to make ours work not in next weeks patch NOW!
  • excaliburxbatouexcaliburxbatou Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep ,

Starbase missions dealing with Bridge Officers example Tellarite's are still broken
    Two patchs or updates stated to fix the issue for it was not.

I do agree an Emergency! patch needs to take place . this is very upsetting.
    to alot of Fleets and players. What ya say Emergency! patch ?

Not sure it the players can wait another week...
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You are in the only fleet where this problem doesn't exist? Nice smug reaction to the suffering of others. Lets get this str8, as long as your fleet is going smoothly your not worried about us? This is the way you make it sound. I want to know how you got your Boff's to work? Use that information to make ours work not in next weeks patch NOW!

So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.

In all honesty it would be easier if they were rares. Those are much more common. :P
  • drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Developers,

There is still a broken part in the fleet advancement system. We have been unable to contribute white bridge officers to our personnel officer project. We have them in our inventory but are unable to add them in. Has anyone else been having this issue?

Thanks!
  • cowkiller75cowkiller75 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    they wont answer us....but our fleets are stuck...they dont care....working as intended .....

devs you could answer us....
    edited December 2012

actually it's no big deal. The base progression goes on. It's just that my fleet members are clamoring for projects and that one makes me mad. We can wait till the next patch. I just don't want the excitement to wear off and my members get complacent. It would be nice to see what the personnel officer doff assignment would look like. We made some changes to our fleet and had an influx of more than 100 base credit hungry members. Love S7, love the rep system, love the embassy, love New Romulus and the new content. I know things will work out the game is getting better and better as time goes on. I'm sorry was just venting some frustration ..... peace:)
  • painstixpainstix Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This problem been around for weeks now. Probably their way of stalling us so they can finish T5 content ^^
  • tradiktradik Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    actually it's no big deal. The base progression goes on. It's just that my fleet members are clamoring for projects and that one makes me mad. We can wait till the next patch. I just don't want the excitement to wear off and my members get complacent. It would be nice to see what the personnel officer doff assignment would look like. We made some changes to our fleet and had an influx of more than 100 base credit hungry members. Love S7, love the rep system, love the embassy, love New Romulus and the new content. I know things will work out the game is getting better and better as time goes on. I'm sorry was just venting some frustration ..... peace:)

Actually, it is a big deal. For those of us that have had that project stuck in progress for 2 weeks now, waiting for it to get fixed so we can finish it and get to the StarBase Upgrades that are now stacked behind it. Instead of tiering up today like we would have been able to, we still have 2 weeks to wait AFTER they eventually fix it.

This has been a known bug. Devs have acknowledged it. They attempted to fix it in the 11/21 patch. It didn't work. They immediately realized (bad assumption apparently) what was really wrong and said they'd try to add it to the patch for yesterday. Didn't happen.

Yes, this is a big deal, it's delaying starbase upgrades, and thanks to the over-emphasis on Fleets and Fleet StarBases in the game, it's a bigger problem than half of the problems they fixed in the recent patch.

Do we have to wait another week again, just to find out the next patch as well doesn't have it fixed or it was forgotten yet again?
  • jplatimerjplatimer Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just another Fleet reporting the issue here. We can do the regular projects, but the Special Project is stuck waiting for White Boffs.

Please fix ASAP...
  • maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Would you consider removing the assignment from the game until its fixed?
  • starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We are to complite tier 3 upgrade but the bug is that we cant contribute Bridge officer ? when will that be fix out!!
  • admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Magic eight ball says...

..."Cryptics answer will be, soon"
    edited December 2012
    How can you progress when your upgrade is stuck behind the one waiting for BOFFs?

The upgrades don't stop the real progression to tier 5. Our engineering progression grows 2,000 every 20 hours or so and is at 120,000. Yes we are stuck on the personnel officer's but it is not stopping the progression to tier 5. If the special projects were all qued and finished you would have nothing to que except the regular starbase projects and it is the regular projects that are the real progression. The special's are personnel officer, chef, upgrade to tier 4 base etc. Yes they are nice treats to have but not essential to the actual growth of the base.;)
  • cowkiller75cowkiller75 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    working as intended.....lol

they wanted to slow us down...we was moving to fast. so this was a way to slow us down....shame on us players for playing the game....shame shame shame.... i feel so dirty now.....lmao
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012

they wanted to slow us down...we was moving to fast. so this was a way to slow us down....shame on us players for playing the game....shame shame shame.... i feel so dirty now.....lmao

That is ridiculous and absolutely not true. Bort has posted on the forums many times on why ths unfortunately happened. The good news is that today's patch notes mention a fix.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Did the fix work? Can't login for another 10 hours
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • recksracerrecksracer Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2012

That is ridiculous and absolutely not true. Bort has posted on the forums many times on why ths unfortunately happened. The good news is that today's patch notes mention a fix.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Option 1, they are masterminds slowing down fleet progress.

or

Option 2, they are incompetent and couldn't fix a fleet breaking bug for weeks.

It's probably option 2.
  • gbehlpnu2012gbehlpnu2012 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Have you tried this again after this morning's patch?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I honestly though you guys would have an emergency patch for something like this, but that didn't happen. Fleet projects are important to us, but when weeks go by and no fix...we get touchy. So, weeks went by. Then we're told a fix was issued, but it appears NOBODY actually tested that patch to see if it worked. Then you replied after someone told you it's STILL broken only to asked if we tried again after the morning's patch...seem'd like nobody had their morning coffee that day. So naturally when there's this much confusion and the answers we receive don't jive, people are going to question why it took so long.