test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starbase Upgrade Project stuck?

ragsyragsy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, what's the deal with the upgrade project: "Station Vulcan Personnel Officer on Starbase"?

Donate 15 white quality BoFF's of each catagory (Sci, Tac, Eng) and 216k dilithium, 3,600 FM, and 240k expertise.

The problem is... it won't actually accept BoFF's. Anyone know a work around... or fix for this?

It's a pain since it's the upgrade slot, can't shuffle anything else in until it's out of the way.
Post edited by ragsy on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    ragsy wrote: »
    So, what's the deal with the upgrade project: "Station Vulcan Personnel Officer on Starbase"?

Donate 15 white quality BoFF's of each catagory (Sci, Tac, Eng) and 216k dilithium, 3,600 FM, and 240k expertise.

The problem is... it won't actually accept BoFF's. Anyone know a work around... or fix for this?

It's a pain since it's the upgrade slot, can't shuffle anything else in until it's out of the way.

Have you tried this again after this morning's patch?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • ragsyragsy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, that's why I made the post, trying to toss my white quality vulcan boff's at it... won't accept any. The "Contribute" is still greyed out.
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Consider this us "letting you know" it still doesn't work.
  • kar1972kar1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
    edited November 2012
    doalxk wrote: »
    Consider this us "letting you know" it still doesn't work.

Aye, so it seems. I've let the team know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited November 2012
    Brandon..... sorry mate... but do you even play the game???

It does not work. It is broken! Ask the devs if they play the dam guy they built!

Just trow a patch and lets wait until the players rage in the forums, then we will know.

Lets have a coffee meanwhile....

Come on..... :(
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
    edited November 2012
    If it helps... this is the BoFF that I'm trying to throw at it... not sure if it makes a difference.

http://s7.postimage.org/67qdbcn57/vulcanboff.png
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is there any way we can get the possible fix(es) for this on an emergency basis rather than having to wait a week for a possible fix?
  • tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I even tried cutting one up and stuffing him in in pieces, doesnt work, hopefulyl you guys can get a fix soon.
    :D
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

edited November 2012
    What I do not understand is why it must be BOFFS?????

After all that mission is to get DOFFS not BOFFS so who in their right mind remember to TRIBBLE all the fleets in the game with this brilliant idea?

Just change to DOFFS, and I bet it will work.

BOFFS work in different ways, and I am guessing that is what is causing the problem. Do the BOFF need to join the crew or not? Will it get into the project after joining the crew? Or it stays on the reserves?

From the start the starbase always needed DOFFS, but someone (to not call other thing) decided BOFFS should be used.

Well since this is a specific species missions, ask for tellarite DOFFS, Vulcan, etc.

But quit the dam BOFFS.
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
    edited November 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    Is there any way we can get the possible fix(es) for this on an emergency basis rather than having to wait a week for a possible fix?

Yes, please!
    edited November 2012
    kar1972 wrote: »
    Brandon..... sorry mate... but do you even play the game???

It does not work. It is broken! Ask the devs if they play the dam guy they built!

Just trow a patch and lets wait until the players rage in the forums, then we will know.

Lets have a coffee meanwhile....

Come on..... :(

Yes, actually, I play the game every day, and have since Closed Beta. Unfortunately (well, really fortunately), the fleet I am in does not have this project stuck, though.

The team will continue investigating and we hope to have resolution to it as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, actually, I play the game every day, and have since Closed Beta. Unfortunately (well, really fortunately), the fleet I am in does not have this project stuck, though.

The team will continue investigating and we hope to have resolution to it as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Borticus responded to this problem last week I believe.
    He said he found the problem and the fix was coming.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • gbehlpnu2012gbehlpnu2012 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I vote that the dev's provide fleets with a 3rd slot for special projects until they actually do fix this. Or maybe this was a "feature" designed to slow down fleets...
    edited November 2012
    Well lucky you lol. :P

Saw you deleted my rage post. Ok. No hard feelings. Also sent you a PM (yea I know you do not reply :P ), but I am right.

It is just frustrating, that we are almost a week delayed in our starbase because of this.

We are a small fleet, and members work a lot for this, even more now that we have the embassy and the rep system. So it is getting harder and harder....

Sorry for my rage..... It is all frustration...

Ok, I'll shut up now, and go grab my rage and kill borg.
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
    edited November 2012
    OH!

I cannot..... because the the boffs are now screwed. All the skills disappear from my tray and they do not show up to drag it again.

Good Patch! :D
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • recksracerrecksracer Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2012

They havn't been able to get a fix in for weeks and you expect a quick fix?

Not being able to start a new project FOR WEEKS is horrible and terribly second rate on the devs part.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    11-21-2012, 10:32 AM
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6724221&postcount=39
    I've tracked down the issue at hand. It stems from not all Bridge Officers sharing the same defining config files.

So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.

We'll be updating the Projects to accept a wider range of Bridge Officers (hopefully encompassing all possibilities), and should have that fix in next week's patch.

So maybe Borticus didn't get it figured out in time afterall?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
    edited November 2012
    kar1972 wrote: »
    OH!

I cannot..... because the the boffs are now screwed. All the skills disappear from my tray and they do not show up to drag it again.

Good Patch! :D

This was listed in the patch notes as a known issue. Open the interface where you slot your BOFFs on your ship, set each one to none, then to the officer that was there before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not working for my fleet "Starfleet Special Forces Omega Division"
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
    edited November 2012
    Instead of leaving all the players stuck with this, they should do an emergency patch to remove them from the list of potential projects temporarily, until it's resolved, while at the same time completing it for everyone who has it stuck. Since just removing it would waste 216k dilithium...
  • cowkiller75cowkiller75 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i have been gripping for weeks about this.with no dang answer from borticus.....my fleet is so stuck and we are mad.....now with todays patch promise saying its fixed in the patched notes.......well again IT IS STILL BROKEN...it would be nice for a update from borticus... a answer something....it just makes us mad when we have been saying this for weeks and no answer....so brandon when will it be fixed....we all are stuck...
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    11-21-2012, 10:32 AM
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6724221&postcount=39

So maybe Borticus didn't get it figured out in time afterall?

Correct. Between the software changes that were required, and the large amount of data we had to change/updated, there was insufficient time for a solid QA review after making the changes that were made, in order to make the cutoff for this morning's patch.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But seriously, Can you guys fix this? been stuck for weeks. not fair.
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Correct. Between the software changes that were required, and the large amount of data we had to change/updated, there was insufficient time for a solid QA review after making the changes that were made, in order to make the cutoff for this morning's patch.

Honestly, thank you VERY MUCH for this update on the situation. That's all a lot of players were looking for - an upfront answer to what's occurring on this bugged Project. Nice to know progress is being made (and we'll hopefully see a final fix pushed soon.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited November 2012
    This was listed in the patch notes as a known issue. Open the interface where you slot your BOFFs on your ship, set each one to none, then to the officer that was there before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok, thank you, I guess I miss that one on the patch notes.
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited November 2012

What are the chances of getting an emergency (off-schedule) fix for fleets that have had this slotted long enough that we could have already done and completed another upgrade?
  • liquidraven26liquidraven26 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What are the chances of getting an emergency (off-schedule) fix for fleets that have had this slotted long enough that we could have already done and completed another upgrade?

I second what he said, it has completely stalled out our special projects since s7 launched
  • cowkiller75cowkiller75 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012

thats not a answer...when is the fix comming...

or is this working as intended....lol