test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Dev Blog #24

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Q graces us with his presence to fill everyone in on what he has planned for the upcoming Holiday Event in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• timerastimeras Member Posts: 33 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    Woohoo, it's winter wonderland time! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Photonen im Wind a foundry mission by timeras13
    Photonen im Eis a foundry mission by timeras13
    Photonen im Schatten a foundry mission by timeras13
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    On my birthday! :D:D:D
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This should be interesting.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    This should be interesting.

Oh, you have no idea :D Muahahahaha. Q has some tricks up his sleeve, the first of which will be revealed in today's Friday Screenshot :eek:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So a blog, to tell us all the details will be in another blog.

I suppose I should be used to this sort of thing from STO by now, but on the off hand that this will count for something, next time there is some big event or release coming up Brandon, or whoever is in charge of writing and publishing these things, consider putting out the blog before all the information in it has already been shown in some other source.

As another example, all those blogs on the build up to season 7 about the new Romulan mark missions might have been better if they had come out before we could actually play the missions in question on Tribble. It might have helped get more people on Tribble.

Likewise, if you had put this blog out before we could see the date for Q's winter wonderland on the calendar in game, it might have been worth something. As it is, its not worth it.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh, you have no idea :D Muahahahaha. Q has some tricks up his sleeve, the first of which will be revealed in today's Friday Screenshot :eek:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well his tricks last year was... candles... xD
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Oh my. Can't wait.
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i still have my frosty boots from last year :D
    What ? Calaway.
    edited November 2012
    malkarris wrote: »

I suppose I should be used to this sort of thing from STO by now, but on the off hand that this will count for something, next time there is some big event or release coming up Brandon, or whoever is in charge of writing and publishing these things, consider putting out the blog before all the information in it has already been shown in some other source.

As another example, all those blogs on the build up to season 7 about the new Romulan mark missions might have been better if they had come out before we could actually play the missions in question on Tribble. It might have helped get more people on Tribble.

Likewise, if you had put this blog out before we could see the date for Q's winter wonderland on the calendar in game, it might have been worth something. As it is, its not worth it.

Sorry, Q made me do it. He refused to write the other blogs, but he did send this holiday greeting that he made me post. Figured that instead of fighting him about it, you'd like to hear from our favorite omnipotent being.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited November 2012
    Sorry, Q made me do it. He refused to write the other blogs, but he did send this holiday greeting that he made me post. Figured that instead of fighting him about it, you'd like to hear from our favorite omnipotent being.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well if memory serves, Q is really just StormShade?

You're letting the old Community Rep boss you around? :P ^^
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • theolopboytheolopboy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That was Q this is Q not the same Q, of course neither of them should be confused with Q of course
    Correct forum join and LTS subscriber from date : 27/01/2010
    edited November 2012
    theolopboy wrote: »
    That was Q this is Q not the same Q, of course neither of them should be confused with Q of course

I didn confuse Q with Q... I am well aware that Q not that Q, but the other one, but I still think Q is really just StormShade.
    jcsww wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Not sure if joking or...
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Brandon,

will the last xmas items that were used to get stuff, still be dropped in this winter event? Iam asking because I still have all my stuff from the last winter event. Also accolades still the same as last winter event, didnt get to finish the run around the race 10 times accolade.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    devblog 24 wrote:
    Maybe you?ll even end up with some Frosted Boots

I misread that for the first time, and the second time I was so dissapointed :(

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
    edited November 2012
    Brandon,

will the last xmas items that were used to get stuff, still be dropped in this winter event? Iam asking because I still have all my stuff from the last winter event. Also accolades still the same as last winter event, didnt get to finish the run around the race 10 times accolade.

I believe so, actually. More details next week.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • striderxxstriderxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the presents was candles last year? god help us if Q unleashes temporal tribble bacon in the alpha quadrant...
    Eagle Star 1st Fleet
  • ciprianp1ciprianp1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Brandon you forgot to inform us that another gift from Q is the constant DC-ing that is running around for some time.
    Do not bother to fix, if Q gives us ''boots'' it is all ok. :confused:
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looking forward to Q's Winterwonderland v2.0.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is he going to sprinkle us with some long overdue 'bug' fixes this year? Maybe if he is feeling generous enough he'll take us all back in time to Season 6 when this game was fun and not a $$$ sink, DIL or the real type.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I believe so, actually. More details next week.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Actually, the answer is Yes. CaptainGeko confirmed it yesterday on twitter.

@CaptainGeko

Teams working on this years winter events. It's gonna be bigger and better than last year.

@CaptainGeko

?@kirian_darkstar: can you confirm weather or not last years "special commodities" will be used again? ie Bolian Candle, Targ Earmuffs? Yes
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Lighten up, malkarris. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Actually, the answer is Yes. CaptainGeko confirmed it yesterday on twitter.... @kirian_darkstar: can you confirm weather or not last years "special commodities" will be used again? ie Bolian Candle, Targ Earmuffs? Yes
    Groovy. A couple of my toons still have some of those Holiday Commodities.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    striderxx wrote: »
    the presents was candles last year? god help us if Q unleashes temporal tribble bacon in the alpha quadrant...

I don't know, Tribble bacon sounds ... intriguing.

With the right seasoning, I bet it could even be delicious.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    why does it say this starts on the 8th ingame ? , i wonder what Q will give out :)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Dude... Are you Borg? If so... remind us not to liberate you! You don't deserve such a privilege! Oh wait... maybe you're Sheldon Cooper? Oh, that would make more sense actually... You sound so like Sheldon now that I think about it! Oh... Sorry Sheldon! :D

Back on topic: Anyone else read that blog in the voice of Q? I know I did! :D

Very well written Cryptic team! and not only do I look forward to the start of the event itself, but I also look forward to the next blog post revealing more juicy details! :)
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    I misread that for the first time, and the second time I was so dissapointed :(

I see what you did there..... :P
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Lets see how much of a grind there will be for people to get these prizes or how much dilithium will need to be paid.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    in game calendar says 8th and the blog says 6th of december....which one is right?
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *Rips out warp core and replaces it with an infinite improbability drive*

lets do this...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?