What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

starbase project bug

Comments

• Options
    metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is another thread with dev posts about the bug and what wnwt wrong with the latest attempt at a fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited November 2012
    this thread was here a full week before that one
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    when is this fixed or we cannot do any projects anymore...
    the upgrades is also 10d cd and we are 2 week from fillin all 3 tier4s
  • Options
    salemkanesalemkane Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Having the Same Problem over here with the Assigment "Station Personnel Officer on Starbase"

But as they say, Images say more than Words:
    starbasebug.th.jpg
    As you can see, we cant contribute any more Boffs for the Project since the update 2 Weeks ago. Before the Update 7 Purple where required, wich where fully contributed, and now where stuck with this.

What we have tried so far:
    Different Boffs (Klingon, Fed) of different classes and races throu the rooster in all qualitys.

What we haven't tried so far:
    Abort the Mission (haha, since theres no abort button...)
    Close the Fleet (... come on, sersly -.- )
    . . .

Well so much for the sarcasmn, but after now close to 3 weeks of a total update standstill, this is getting anoying. What also anoyes me is, that if you set up a ticket, it wont show up in "my tickets" als long as no shady support staffmember has answerd to it, you should probably also looking into this and change a few thing in that system, since it really raises the idea of just being ignored...

So, if you cant locate the bug any soon, i suggest to add the option to abort projects asap, since after this time i dont really care about loosing all the contributed Material to actually get any progress again.

PS.: As our Big Boss, ThomasZero already mentioned in his ticket, i offer you devs the option to actually join our Fleet and try stuff out yourself to see how the bug could work (or not)
    GMoNbU.png
    SalemKane is Seel, still alive and kicking since 2009
    Beta Tester
    Gone throu the Klingon hell and back.
    Your One Man solution to Elite STF's.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    yes put in a clear or remove option for projects
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A fix for this is not in the Tribble Patch notes for this week? Is a fix going direct to Holodeck this week???

===== Screenshot ======

This is going to hold up our T4 Military upgrade this week!

Here is the last post by Borticus
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6724221&postcount=39

I've tracked down the issue at hand. It stems from not all Bridge Officers sharing the same defining config files.

So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.

We'll be updating the Projects to accept a wider range of Bridge Officers (hopefully encompassing all possibilities), and should have that fix in next week's patch.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    tribble patch says nothing about this
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Can we please get a response from a Dev about the status of this fix?????

This is going to hold up our T4 Military upgrade this week because we can not cancel this project!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    could someone make this a sticky till they fix it..
    keep bumpin it
  • Options
    zunderdomezunderdome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey great, our klingon fleet base stucks now for weeks because of this bug. No one in the dev team seems to be interested in to fix this. So we are used to start no projects that requieres boffs for our fed and (too late) for our klingon base.

I think this isn't anymore a major bug this is a BIG BUG and should fixed immediatly.
    Fleets that had projects slotted that were not progressing due to required Duty Officer inputs should be progressing once again

Means that, we can pay all requiered items completely new?!? Dil, FM and Co.? Means that it is can be continued now?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is Crypticverse...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    it says doff not boff, so i bet they dint fix it, they said they fixed it last week but they dint !

this is a game breaking bug !!!
  • Options
    smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unfortunately you are correct this bug is still present.

It is unacceptable for a bug as game destroying as this to not be fixed by now and as such I will no longer be playing the game until it is fixed as there is nothing for me to do.

Very disappointed in cryptic right now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zunderdomezunderdome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh damned... in my euphoria thinking i guessed it means boffs... my fault. But bad to, cause how long should we wait now, till it get fixed finally?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is Crypticverse...
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still nothing after the patch. Our fleet is stuck

To clarify it is about Bridge Officers, BOFFs not DOFFs, 8 of each eng,sci and tac Human common white Bridge officer candiodates, no matter what i buy or where from it just wont accept it(button stays grey)
    Please fix this, our fleet is stuck
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    not fixed !!!

unacceptable !!
  • Options
    brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What shall I say... working as intended?

So what kind of boff's are required again? Obviously not the kinds you can buy from the boff store (aka Qo'nos/ESD/DS9)
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • Options
    slickrick1707eslickrick1707e Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is ridiculousness how long has it been now an entire month! Still no fix :mad:! What is even worse is there is no fracking response to this issue. IDK about you guys but I am now pissed about this! :mad:
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mad. Please Fix As Soon As You Can
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    fix it fix it
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We have been reading the bug reports, and attempting to track down what's gone awry on these projects. I'll update this thread if we track down the issue. Until then, know that it's being investigated.

If you have any further info to add, please feel free. Include as many details as possible.

I beleave you stated in a report earlier ya'll said it had something to do with certian files being in it or something that was limiting it, please please please fix this it is een going on for a month now and is holding up star bases, i know yall are busy but this is a game stopper for our star bases so it should be a oe of the top priorities
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    bump................
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bump................

Yeah, please fix this
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    From Borticus's comments below, it looks like it'll be in next week's (December 6) patch:

From November 21:
    I've tracked down the issue at hand. It stems from not all Bridge Officers sharing the same defining config files.

So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.

We'll be updating the Projects to accept a wider range of Bridge Officers (hopefully encompassing all possibilities), and should have that fix in next week's patch.

From November 30:
    Correct. Between the software changes that were required, and the large amount of data we had to change/updated, there was insufficient time for a solid QA review after making the changes that were made, in order to make the cutoff for this morning's patch.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    it was supposted to be patched 2 weeks ago, but dint fix anything
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm optimistic the fix will be patched to Tribble in the next two days.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    So ..... is there any progress on fixing this bug???

It was reported 3 weeks ago (16/11) in this thread. Just like other fleets, our project is currently on hold and we would like to upgrade Eng T4.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    if they dont fix this soon, i will play other games more
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    From Borticus's comments below, it looks like it'll be in next week's (December 6) patch:

From November 21:
    Originally Posted by borticuscryptic

From November 30:
    Originally Posted by borticuscryptic
    Correct. Between the software changes that were required, and the large amount of data we had to change/updated, there was insufficient time for a solid QA review after making the changes that were made, in order to make the cutoff for this morning's patch.

December 6 patch notes for Holodeck have not been posted yet, but I've seen nothing in the Tribble patch notes to indicate the fix was rolled out there (other than the last time, when patch notes said it was fixed but it wasn't)

This is a huge problem, hope that the patch tomorrow fixes it. Any word, Borticus?

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm optimistic the fix will be patched to Tribble in the next two days.

Let's hope this is going to be fixed on Holodeck tomorrow
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tribble patch says nothing about this

They just posted new Tribble patch notes; says it's fixed, hope it is. :)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6946631&postcount=1

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)