test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drop in user activity

lastcontactlastcontact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Due to the recent events (S7). Has anyone else had/noticed a drop in activity?
:eek:
If not, why not?

If so, why?

My reasons are as follows:

1) I look back and see I do not have much to log in for, every 2 days or so on 1 or 2 toons is all I can handle.

2) There is no reason for me to log now, I did grind 25-30 toons thru the daily Investigate's for the dil and marks to work on fleet stuff ..... not now.

3) What the game was for me is gone, all that is left is 'content'. Or crippled attempts to do what was being done over a year ago. "Just bad foundary grinds on SOME new maps".

*Can STO recover?

What would it take? (to get the stats from 30 days ago, consultant fee pending) :confused:

a) try a bad attempt at recovering via make it like it was to appease
b) get/put them back, those who were doing 14 months ago and fix what is broken
c) FIRST have a 'wanna work here?' with staff house cleansing.
d) *REALLY, I DO NOT KNOW.

FYI,
This is from my (and others I know, not speaking for them) view ON STO recovering in my mind TO ME and FOR ME.
A recovery is needed for me to regain INTREST again.:(

How are things now? I have not logged on for awhile......
Post edited by lastcontact on

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I havent earned any dilithium on 3 toons since sunday tho I've logged about 8 hours playtime on them.

How's that lookin in your metrics, Dan ?
    :P
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Due to the recent events (S7). Has anyone else had/noticed a drop in activity?
    :eek:
    If not, why not?

If so, why?

My reasons are as follows:

1) I look back and see I do not have much to log in for, every 2 days or so on 1 or 2 toons is all I can handle.

2) There is no reason for me to log now, I did grind 25-30 toons thru the daily Investigate's for the dil and marks to work on fleet stuff ..... not now.

3) What the game was for me is gone, all that is left is 'content'. Or crippled attempts to do what was being done over a year ago. "Just bad foundary grinds on SOME new maps".

*Can STO recover?

What would it take? (to get the stats from 30 days ago, consultant fee pending) :confused:

a) try a bad attempt at recovering via make it like it was to appease
    b) get/put them back, those who were doing 14 months ago and fix what is broken
    c) FIRST have a 'wanna work here?' with staff house cleansing.
    d) *REALLY, I DO NOT KNOW.

FYI,
    This is from my (and others I know, not speaking for them) view ON STO recovering in my mind TO ME and FOR ME.
    A recovery is needed for me to regain INTREST again.:(

I'm not really a doom and gloom guy, but since S7 launched the drop in user activity among 3 active (and one particularly large global channel) has really dropped.

To be honest, I find I barely have the will to do anything in this game at the moment.

Clicking inputs for Doff system, Romulan Rep system, Omega Rep system, Starbase system, Embassy system...this is really not the game I signed up or shelled out money for.

I don't want to play some farmville click-fest, there are already a ton of browser games where you can waste your time on these things.

The other alternative is the "content" that we got in S7 - open "adventure zones" or 'zerg zones' as I like to think of them. You run around at L50 as an admiral doing things that should be relegated to L1.

Enemies apparently wander without direction for you to kill.

There's some mini-game for pet breeding.

Pet breeding...

Tau Dewa patrols are mind numbingly static and repetitive, running around on New Romulus as an Admiral collecting water samples...these are not even in the same ballpark of what I want out of an MMO game.

I really hope the future of this game isn't an endless parade click input systems and different versions of "go kill rats" at L50.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Stop thinking "End game"

Stop thinking "Grind"

The biggest problems are Fleet marks (everyone is pressed to earn them)
    and Dilithium

we need to do away with BOTH being sources of presure

It would also help if we could explosively decompress the borg once and for all
    there is nothing more BORING than Borg
    Live long and Prosper
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Petition signed, and leave him at Rura Penthe!

I want a cutscene too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordhook wrote: »
    Petition signed, and leave him at Rura Penthe!

I want a cutscene too!

I think you meant this for the transporter officer thread. :P
  • lecutestofborglecutestofborg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm actually seeing more people than before. If you see less people in some places, just go to the new Romulan sector/planet. Just because people are somewhere different does not mean they are not in game.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Myself, I've seen mostly the same as before after the initial season 7 surge. That said, I've mostly been on/around New Romulus on most of my toons.

I haven't been logging on myself all that much, though, but that's for reasons not connected to the game.
    edited November 2012
    Actual numbers are about the same

the number of ACTIVE Va's is down however
    Live long and Prosper
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My fleet has has a few old players come back for S7 and we have seen quite a few new ones join up lately. A few weeks ago we needed to open a roster slot in the fleet for a new member but found the roster maxed with everyone on the roster was above their inactivity removal date, I take that as a good sign of activity (we found a slot for the new member BTW).
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm midway through 2 weeks holiday from work. I had planned on spending a lot of time playing STO prior to S7.

Today is typical for me since S7 launch. I planned on spending 8 or so hours playing. Instead I played for 2 and spent the rest of the doing other things instead.

Before Season 7 I had 5 characters maxing dilithium daily by logging in before work and after work. Today I earned around 2000 dilithium in total. The grind needed across all the characters was such that the "can't be bothered" option actually seemed like a plan.

Sollvax has hit it on the head, get rid of the pressure points on FM's and for me i'll start playing a lot more again. FM's = SB upgrades which need EC, Dil, DoFF = activety. Restricted flow for FM's mean upgrades stall, so no need for EC, Dil, DoFF = find something else outside of game to do.

Right now UK time the normal patch is 18 hours or so away...I am actually contemplating not bothering logging in till then to see if it addresses the major issues for me (Gorn minefield daily impossible to complete for example)
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ive said it before ill say it again.

S7 is a slog. It's work.

Work for that dill slave WORK! Whoosh crack whip! AHhAHh!

That little bit of dill you get isnt a reward. Its payment for a lot of grind.

A digital chain gang off to grind those marks.

Its NOT fun. I play STO to escape work. S7 is work. Not fun.

Take the pressure away. Bring the entertainment and fun back.

One is not amused.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's not really much incentive to play for long anymore. Log in, set your rep grinds with a few clicks, maybe run an STF and do Acamar 7 times for the patrol daily and some Romulan marks... that's it for 2 days pretty much.

The 'adventure zone' doesn't feel all that adventurey - I'm an Admiral and I don't want to collect water samples or tag eppohs. That's what ensigns are for. I've killed the Borg Queen twice over and this is what you're having me do? And you! Omega Force. You so fickle. Lauding me for my elite accolades, but not giving me any recognition or established standing.

So.. yeah. Log in, click, enjoy what little I can that's left of STO, log out for a few days.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agreed, the pressure on fleetmark needs are completely disheartening. The daily wasn't useful for dil, it was good for fleetmarks, and now we have to play endlessly the same stupid instances with very low gains. The Fleet actions dailies don't help since they pop every once in a while, one FA a day. We need another good and easy source of fleetmarks, it's too much for most people. My fed fleetmates and I are completely burnt out on this TRIBBLE.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've stopped playing pretty much beyond logging in to set up doffs and projects.

Sad that the game that got me spending more than I did on any other MMO in S6 has basically lost me as a customer in such a short space of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited November 2012
    I am the primary Dilith provider in three seperate fleets and active in two others
    and now im being told "Generate marks"
    well thats nearly impossible

I play to play a starship captain
    not an overworked security guard (incursion)

And these embassys ??????
    so now we need double the dilith
    great

im a subscriber but at this rate I may not stay one much longer
    Live long and Prosper
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have to agree. THIS sums up my feelings
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I don't know what you guys are talking about, my fleet's activity rose dramatically because of S7, and infact I've been logged in everyday since S7.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes i agree it has droped i know for a fact that less people are loging on my friends list is pretty long and half of them where on most of the time.And now since 7 started with all of this bull **** like taking are Dilithium away.And making us work 3 times harder.I barely see 10 on at one time.

They need to give us back the stuff we had.ASAP be cause one the stuff they have now is runing the game.Ever since they whent to F2P it has been going down hill from there.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • megraemegrae Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The grind needed across all the characters was such that the "can't be bothered" option actually seemed like a plan.

To me this is it. I do not hate this S7 change but, there is alot about it I am not pleased with.

My fleet has also noticed a drop in overall members playing. How long they play for when they do log on and what they spend thier time doing has drastically changed. Its not a change in a good way either, lots of complaining in our Teamspeak server about this or that.

The Game has become way to much of a grind fest. Investigate Officer Reports daily (used to be a nice way to get a few Fleet Mark) is a damned joke now. Especially when you run a mission that qualifies and initially did take about 15-20minues but now you have done it enough that you can do it in like 10 minutes and oh noes enough others have done this too and it no longer counts. Which you find out AFTER you do the damned thing.

I have 12 characters, 6 of which were only to gain some extra fleet marks and a few thousand dilithium a day and nothing else, so not really to hurt about them. I do however have 6 that I used to play regularly.
    I have 2 mains (one on each side) 2 main alts (played almost as much as the mains) and 2 secondary alts (played at least once a day for stfs and other things).
    Now, its my almost just my 2 mains, but even my KDF main is not played as much as before S7. It has basically made my other 4 characters be put into mothball mode. One gets played about once every other day for an STF and/or Tae Dewa sector patrol, but thats it.

It is like yakumosmith said, "can't be bothered". Logging in now seems like a job, the game has lost alot of its fun. Which is unfortunate as this is my favorite MMO and I used to have lots of fun playing and played quite a bit.

Hopefully they fix the bugs soon and I really hope they get some of the fun back in the game.

Twilight, Particle Physicist that stole the ship.
    Original Signup date: August 4, 2008
    LTS since Pre-Order
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think their is a major problem with the entire philosophy of the new content that boils down to the player not feeling very 'rewarded' for their effort. The old STFs gave amazing rewards both for a long term grind (EDCs) and instant gratification (loot drops) and even helped get you closer to your refining cap of purple rock.

Compare that to all the latest content. STFs no longer drop loot bags with sweet purple Mk XIIs instead you get a single green TRIBBLE drop from the end boss.

Fleet Mark content always sucked reward wise the only reason we put up with it was because it was a very minor part of your daily activity usually.

The Romulan Mark content gives what, ten or twenty marks and a single digit fleet mark reward. Doff missions have better payout.

The old Fleet Actions I think are the most lively queue events and the reason is simple, decent rewards.

A grind is all well and good but a player needs that instant gratification reward AND needs to feel like they are making progress not trending water. Right now the mentality is we need to keep up with the time gates and let the rest burn at best. I'm not going to sit here and bludgeon the time gate with the 'really stupid idea' dead horse stick instead I'll focus on rewards.

- EVERY SINGLE QUEUE EVENT NEEDS TO HAVE A PURPLE ROCK REWARD NO MATTER WHAT. We like purple rocks.
    - Fleet Marks need to be easier to earn.
    - Every event needs an 'instant gratification' reward loot bag. I don't care if it is tied to an optional or even if the loot is flavored. Would anyone complain if a loot bag of say 1-3 white doffs dropped for each player in a Fleet Mark event? Or even a bag with 20k EC worth of commodities? WE LIKE RANDOM PRIZES

Bold and caps the important bits. And cryptic, hire a Sociologist or Psychologist be the best freaking move you ever made. Even a captainoblivous would see that as a good idea :)
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Know what I've noticed since S7? The massive drop in quality of the average STF.
    I've done 8 per day for the last week for 56 space stfs total (not touching ground now that there is no need to do it for the ground tech) and out of those 56, 54 were trolled. The rest of the players seemed to be inexperienced judging by their rainbow builds. Chat in PVE has pretty much died. In those 56 stfs 12 had any kind of chat other than me saying things like "Negh up" or "5 W". No heals flying round (as I predicted would happen when I heard of the incremental timer being introduced all those months ago)

It's like almost every single one of the old hands simply stopped playing stfs. All my friends have basically stopped playing them completely. In PESTF I've seen little activity, in ESTF channel I've seen even less activity. Ground has certainly died imo due to the lack of reason to do it. The loot is the same, so why waste time and effort when space stfs *could* take half the time and give the same rewards? Maybe we might be able to revitalize them by bringing back specific drops, stuff like your xii weapon tech in CGE that you could then hand in as a project via rep. The drop would be kind of a "win the lottery" thing that rarely happens, but still happens just enough to entice people with the chance of getting the gear early. Maybe.

Ladies and gentlemen, STF is dead.

EDIT

I agree with bareel, although as a sociology student I would suggest go with the sociologist :P
    I need a beer.

• bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I learned the hard way to only do ISE as it is the only one I can pretty much solo. Others are complete waste of time with the current PuG skill levels sadly.
  • quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here lately I dread logging in. It just seems like work. Sometimes I just say "I will play later" and just put it off and not even play at all. I can make my daily dilithium, but it takes a lot longer. I have cut back on contributing to my fleet. Not because I want to but because all my time is waste doing the dilithium grind. We have 400+ members and usually our projects fill up in 2 minutes, but now it takes a few hours or so. The main thing we are missing are Fleet Marks. Nobody is grinding them anymore. They are doing Omega and Romulan marks. I don't know if slowing starbase progression down was the Dev's intent, but it sure is working. Plus with the addition of the embassy (aka money pit) just adds to the grind.

I can totally understand why larger fleets are seeing an increase in members. The smaller fleets are finally realizing the big picture and calling it quits. There is so much grind to be done that small fleets are going to be a thing of the past.

I have held off spending any more money until I see how it all turns out. Give them a chance to make a few changes here and there. Dilithium was at 133 per Zen earlier today, not far from the 100 I predict it will be at unless they do something. So it is just a wait and see game for me right now.
  • tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have to agree. THIS sums up my feelings

Absolutely perfect..

That should be the theme song for Sn 7 ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Friends list :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • monsterofbloodmonsterofblood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am happy to report that we've gain 100 new members since s7 because we have the highest level KDF base all the members of losers fleets are bailing out for us, thnk you season seven.:cool:
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am happy to report that we've gain 100 new members since s7 because we have the highest level KDF base all the members of losers fleets are bailing out for us, thnk you season seven.:cool:

^ and that attitude is one of the reasons why large fleets suck tribble.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just the same drop that happens every season after the newness of a new season wears off. There is always a surge right before and during, and then a drop a week or two after
  • tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have spent over 8 minutes in an ISE public queue right now. ( still in it )
    ISE , the single easiest way to get Omega Marks.. can't fail, and can get optional with a short team.. and still waiting ..

EliteSTF has had 1 team request, in the last 1/2 hour ..

Yes, definitely business as usual..

sorry, but chasing Epohh, and gathering rock samples is ... not my cup of tea..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptniteusercptniteuser Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Log in daily still, just not really motivated as much with the high fleet/embassy requirements and long wait times for reputation increases. Our fleet has completely stopped star base progression with the high cost/non-stop grinds of reaching tier 3.

Holding my breath for a change in the requirements of this "grinder".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]