test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Romulus - Mountain Pass - Bugged

Comments

• dysonsolardysonsolar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've done Mountain Pass twice now, five days apart and it still won't complete. The final console saying, Examine Device won't click itself off or process it's apparent next code. This is aggravating and Cryptic is not seemingly worried about it as there has been no acknowledgement of this problem yet or any date given it'll be fixed. :(
    edited November 2012
    It's so nice of Cryptic to not let us proceed to Tier Three because this Mountain Pass mission won't complete. Very good indeed.
  • nexigensnexigens Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have the same Problem with FED-Char. I try'ed to solve the Mission Mountain Pass in Soloplay.

But the Opjective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Ops" with the sub-objective of "Subdue Tal Shiar agents"
    will get not completed. But i have killed all enemy NPC's, Commander Ruul include.

After that i tryed the same Mission as KDF-Char, but this time not solo, this time in 2 Man-Team.
    The Mission and Objectives got correctly Completed.

After that, i tried it as FED-Char and Solo again. Same Problem like above again.
    (Objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Ops" with the sub-objective of "Subdue Tal Shiar agents" got not completed after killing Ruul)

Tomorrow i will try to play KDF-Solo and FED-Team, to find out, if there is a Problem with the Soloplay or if its a Problem with FED-Side.

Gretings from
    Nexis
  • viperiousspacedviperiousspaced Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    had this same problem yesterday, bug reported ingame.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    We are working on a fix for this mission so that the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" objective completes more reliably. Personally, when I ran through it a second time, I was able to complete that objective, but others are having luck with it completing on the first run. The fix should clear things up as it should be completing on your first run once all agents have been killed :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tried what someone else suggested here and it worked.

Kill all the enemies first, then go back and rescue hostages, then go back and work all the consoles.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • seekeroftechseekeroftech Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Submitted this as ticket ID #1,430,658.

The Mission sub-objective "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" cannot be completed if the first wave of Romulan agents are defeated in the canyon before the player has moved far enough forward to complete the objective "Investigate Mountain Pass", and trigger the parent objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations".

Workaround: Don't kill any Tal Shiar agents until you move into the first area and get the objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations" which has the sub-objective "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents."

Let me know if this works for anyone else, as it has worked for me 4 times now. It looks like the first wave doesn't get counted if you defeat them before the objective pops up.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ticket 1,430,861 (if anyone cares)
    Same thing, ran the mission 2x and no agents to Subdue. Thanks for wasting my time. And a pre-thanks for wasting it again when/if you get it fixed.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We are working on a fix for this mission so that the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" objective completes more reliably. Personally, when I ran through it a second time, I was able to complete that objective, but others are having luck with it completing on the first run. The fix should clear things up as it should be completing on your first run once all agents have been killed :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

The 10+ times I've ran it on numerous toons... It never completes. I am hoping also the bug where some toons can use fleet channel and then others cannot is also fixed... Don't forget private ques too...

Overall not a bad season just a few kinks :D
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nicha0 wrote: »
    I tried what someone else suggested here and it worked.

Kill all the enemies first, then go back and rescue hostages, then go back and work all the consoles.

That was me that suggested that. I tried again today killing all enemies first but it didn't update and I couldn't complete it. After 2 attempts and trying it this way the day before it worked but not this time. :(
  • hammerpthammerpt Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have try this mission several times but can't finnish...so i diceded to delete the mission:eek: on the report menu..so now how can i retry this mission?
    edited November 2012
    Workaround: Don't kill any Tal Shiar agents until you move into the first area and get the objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations" which has the sub-objective "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents."

I've just run it twice more successfully and the above method works.
    • Don't kill the first wave until after you trigger the mission objective: Success
    • Kill any of the first wave before reaching the point where the objective pops up: Cannot complete the Subdue Tal Shiar Agents.
    edited November 2012
    While perhaps that might work, it's also insane. Its not properly working and some weird workaround, basically going back and forth and being ridiculously picky about what you kill and when is extremely lame. Better that CRyptic get off their asses and fixes the quest.
  • speedydustspeedydust Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [Mission] "New Romulus: Mountain Base" complete!

There are a lot of complaints on this mission "Mountain Base" which is Romulan Tier II ground mission being bugged and players not able to finish objective: Subdue Agents. I will post solution here and you can later move this to guide, hints and tips. I read on STO forum that FEDs have problems doing this mission and Klingons can finish it without problem. I tried 3 times to finish this mission but i failed and when i used pulsewave rifle i finished it from first try :) Are Klingons using pulsewave in ground set?

U need to use Pulsewave Assault rifle to finish this mission. :D

My BOFFs all had maco and omega weapons and i used pulsewave.

Write here if u made it from first try using pulsewave rifle.
    edited November 2012
    dysonsolar wrote: »
    While perhaps that might work, it's also insane. Its not properly working and some weird workaround, basically going back and forth and being ridiculously picky about what you kill and when is extremely lame. Better that CRyptic get off their asses and fixes the quest.

It's not "going back and forth and being ridiculously picky". You walk past the first wave into the open area behind them and the mission triggers. Then open fire.

It's a workaround due to a bug, not a 'fix'.
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had the hardest time starting it. Ran all over the place looking for the start. When a fleet member asked to join me only then did it show up. If I remember right it just ended for me, no cut scene or anything. Nothing to turn in either.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just adding my voice to the cacophony...

Unable to finish mission.

Will try again later with player-suggested-fix.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • captaindallascaptaindallas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012

The Mission sub-objective "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" cannot be completed if the first wave of Romulan agents are defeated in the canyon before the player has moved far enough forward to complete the objective "Investigate Mountain Pass", and trigger the parent objective "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations".

Let me know if this works for anyone else, as it has worked for me 4 times now. It looks like the first wave doesn't get counted if you defeat them before the objective pops up.

CONFIRMED.

Dropped mission, re-acquired, followed suggestion and hey presto.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've looked over the above work arounds and this mission still sucks! We shouldn't have to use work arounds in order for the mission to complete!

It was hard enough to find where to start the mission in the first place without having to use a "Work Around" just to finish it!

Fix this mission ASAP please, because it's very frustrating not being able to complete the mission first time around as it should be intended to work! :(
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay... call me weak or whatever but I gave in! I used the above work around and ran past the first group of Romulans until the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" thiny popped up on the side. I continued on killing... There was much bloodshed! I got the recording from the shuttle etc.

Then I back tracked and freed the 4 romulans, clicked consoles on my way back down toward Mountain Pass. And yea... It worked and I was able to complete the mission.

It may be just a simple case of having to run a few feet past the first group of Romulans in order for this mission to be successful but that aint the way it should be! Fix the mission please Cryptic before even more players get as frustrated as I did! Thanks!
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    After being unable to complete the mission three times, I was finally able to finish it by using the workaround (run past the first group to enable the objectives first).

It's very frustrating to have to repeat missions like this because Cryptic can't be bothered to sufficiently test things before they go live.
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I too can confirm that running past the first mob to allow the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" objective to register first works.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sumghai wrote: »
    I too can confirm that running past the first mob to allow the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents" objective to register first works.

OK good :)
    ...I shall try for a third time, this time running past mob to activate objective hopefully, to complete, as I'm also having same bug as opening post :eek:
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK good :)
    ...I shall try for a third time, this time running past mob to activate objective hopefully, to complete, as I'm also having same bug as opening post :eek:

YES! It worked:D
    and I was so relieved to exit base...until I spawned on top of an adult anthropod LOL:eek:
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • marjanovic91marjanovic91 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It may be dumb question, but how do you replay "Secret shuttle codes" ?
  • bryguy#1741 bryguy Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please be gentle, I already feel like an idiot for asking this, but what is the secret to getting around the first mob and triggering the objective?

I attempted the workaround three times last night and was unable to get it to work. When I enter the Mountain Pass instance, the first mob comes down into the valley and then just stays there. They do not wander back up from where they came; instead they just do little figure eights right there at the end of their journey. There isn?t enough room on the sides to get by without triggering them to attack. I also parked my away team at the spawn point, went into stealth, snuck by them by myself, went to the middle of the first big area (where the second group, and first prisoner are) and dropped my stealth, but no mission objective was triggered.

Any tips would be helpful. Hopefully the devs fix this soon.

Thank you in advance,

Brian
    Thank you for the T6 Galaxy Class. - I support Tovan Khev. - Please bring back the exploration missions.
  • cthulhufhtagn666cthulhufhtagn666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    THe trick, for me, is setting away team to passive.
    As for the mission and the work around. The mission -can- be completed. Therefore Cryptic will not spend time on trying to fix the mission (which can be done, easily, by moving the trigger point for "Disrupt Tal Shiear Operations" to a point eariler in the mission, like say the point the room spreads out, rather than in the room itself.

Cryptic has shown little interest in actually fixing things that break. Such as the new romulus space missions which are all broken, or the still broken starbase project. I have been playing since closed Beta. If there was anything that even remotely resembled Star Trek I would be playing it instead because Cryptic doesn't devote more resources to actually improving the game, rarely ever listens to community feedback, and has no where near decent communication with the community
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    THe trick, for me, is setting away team to passive.
    As for the mission and the work around. The mission -can- be completed. Therefore Cryptic will not spend time on trying to fix the mission (which can be done, easily, by moving the trigger point for "Disrupt Tal Shiear Operations" to a point eariler in the mission, like say the point the room spreads out, rather than in the room itself.

Cryptic has shown little interest in actually fixing things that break. Such as the new romulus space missions which are all broken, or the still broken starbase project. I have been playing since closed Beta. If there was anything that even remotely resembled Star Trek I would be playing it instead because Cryptic doesn't devote more resources to actually improving the game, rarely ever listens to community feedback, and has no where near decent communication with the community

If you bothered to look at the other comments in this thread you would have seen post #66

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • coriazcoriaz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012

After running forward to make the objective update it did indeed work, now Cryptic fix it so we dont have to do it!
  • klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Alright, so I got the runaround workaround to work, but now I can't get the mission to complete. Everything on the map is dead, all prisoners are freed. There's an interactive console here for the cloaking device thing, and the only other interactive thing on the whole map is the shuttle cutscene.

There doesn't appear to be any way to complete this mission.