test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship Type Proposal: Strike Carrier

2»

Comments

• marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Omg this is awesome! Carrier hax with DHC's and Cloak would be a brutal ship for KDF!!

Dev's should make this man! Automated turret seems nice as well :D

Lets hope it will not be such a crappy ship design like the recent stuff we've seen, Vesta, Veteran ships, all to puke on so ugly.

Good luck Sivar :)
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    .....OR you could just give us a Fleet version of the Maurader Flight Deck Carrier with a slightly better turn rate and/or the ability to mount heavy cannons.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    .....OR you could just give us a Fleet version of the Maurader Flight Deck Carrier with a slightly better turn rate and/or the ability to mount heavy cannons.

i was going to say something like that, but i think the design the OP propesed is sound and solid. nice counter to the vesta. and deserves a completely new ship.
    But as you said, this layout is made for a orion or nausican design. It just reads like some pirate ship, with all that abilities. Or finally a kitty carrier for the KDF, i mean a ferasan style ship. just brainstorming...

imho, that ship must look nausican or orion, period.

PS: to be honest some kind of strike carrier is already ingame: the karfi. sure it turns slow, but the 5 tac boff slots, 4 front weapons and 3 tac consoles give it some serious punch. in PVE the DHC work just fine on it.
    Go pro or go home
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I support and endorse the idea of this topic.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • therealsivartherealsivar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I considered that and it really wouldn't work simply because of how the ship is set up and how Cryptic has been doing the Fleet ships. Meaning that if they gave us a Fleet Version of the Marauder then it would be a healer with only 2 tac consoles and minimal tac slots just as it is now, which would make it ineffective in the damage dealing role essentially.

I know it's a long shot, but hopefully cryptic will give us some sort of parallel to the Vesta before too long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is a fun little idea you have here.

I have a few Klink characters myself, and I definitely wouldn't mind putting one of them in one of these. :D
    76561198160276582.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,862 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great stats, why did you settle on a ship with a distinct pivot point issue? Why not the Vor'cha?

e.g.

Fore

Angle

Exothermal Blast Shutters active

Its a marriage between three iconic designs - Vor'cha, K'Tinga, & Raptor

Some console ideas:

TAC: Ty'Go'Hor Incursion Strike Team - summons a Fleet support vessel without any hull damage restriction at any time.

ENG: Exothermal Blast Shutters - KDF version of Ablative armour except that torps/ mines are unaffected.

SCI: Cloaked Sonic Cluster Mines - Mines cannot be targeted. 3 sec to activation. Similar effect to CPB with proc to cause subsystem targeting.

3-set bonus - Innate Rapid-fire HYT Hybrid Polaron Torpedo (Similar to the D'Deridex torps just faster :) )

I have to say, that is a pretty little ship and would be so damn cool if we got that as the proposed ship idea!
  • zakharaovzakharaov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This will never happen as cool as it sounds.
    However I do have an idea for how we can get more KDF ships but of course because its on the forum it'll never reach the ears of Cryptic.

Essentially you crowdfund every ship.
    Rather than simply releasing a ship you release some drawings of what it would look like and a description then people can pre-order/pledge for it. Once enough people have done so Cryptic actually go and make the thing. If not enough people do it in the time allotted then refunds all round.

What this would mean is every new ship Cryptic makes is guaranteed to turn a profit. Since even if they just get enough pre-orders to break even they can put it in the c-store for guaranteed returns.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,862 Arc User
    edited November 2012

But there is already the Corsair...they are to alike...and personally I prefer the more versatile lt cmdr sci.

This ship here is pretty cool and from the looks of it they wouldn't have to start from scratch...could start with a K't'inga and go from there.
  • coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Gonna go feddy here for a while:

PWE/CRYPTIC, I WANT THIS SHIP NAU NAU NAU NAU NAU!!!

(Full marks for those who get the reference!! ;)

Hint: TNG/Rascals)

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The KDF really don't need anymore carriers as Klingon never really used fighters canon wise.

It was in Starfleet Battles that the Strike Carrier is Fed but mostly Hydran use fighters the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers