test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship Type Proposal: Strike Carrier

therealsivartherealsivar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Klingon Discussion
With the release of the latest Federation ship, the Vesta, I thought I'd propose a cruiser-size counter vessel (or parallel at least) for the KDF. I don't know how much traction it will get, or if it will get ignored, but I thought I'd put it out there all the same:

Suvwl' QeH'-class Strike Carrier
Description: With the wars against the Federation and the Borg continuing to escalate, in addition to the mounting conflicts with the Undine and in Romulan space, losses have mounted within the Empire. While the military forces of the Empire remain a powerful fighting force, the High Council realized that they needed ships capable of not only of fulfilling multiple roles, but capable of carrying out significant operations alone and behind enemy lines if needed.

Towards that end, the High Council commissioned multiple design teams in competition to determine which type of vessel would best fulfill the Empire's needs. After significant simulations and testing, one team determined that the carrier's of the Empire where the best option to achieve this goal, however Fleet carriers were too large and incapable of operating without support, while the smaller Flight Deck Cruisers fielded by the Orions lacked the needed firepower.

The end result was a hybrid craft they called, the Strike Carrier, a vessel that combines much of the forward firepower of a Destroyer, with the additional support capabilities of a light carrier. The vessel far surpassed its competition and was officially approved by the High Council soon after. Called the Suvwl' QeH' (Warrior's Anger) class, this powerful warship stands ready to undertake any mission that the Empire might face.

Stats:
-Crew:500
-Shield Modifier: 1.2
-Hull Strength: 26,500
-Device Slots: 3
-Weapons: 4 Fore, 2 Aft
-Bridge Officers: 1 Lt. Tactical, 1 Lt. Engineering, 1 Cmdr Science, 1 Lt. Cmdr. Universal, 1 Ensign Universal
-Base Turn Rate: 13
-Impulse Modifier: 0.20
-1 Hangar Bay (small craft ONLY)
-Cloaking Device
-Can Equip Cannons
-Power: +10 Weapons, +5 Auxiliary
-Consoles: 3 Engineering, 3 Science, 4 Tactical

Conclusion:
As I said this is meant to be a counter or parallel to the Vesta, and everything here would be for a base model. If it were to actually go through then hopefully we'd get 3 variants with differences in power bonuses and console layout, as well as some special consoles.

Anyway, what do yall think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Post edited by therealsivar on

Comments

• drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great stats, why did you settle on a ship with a distinct pivot point issue? Why not the Vor'cha?

e.g.

Fore

Angle

Exothermal Blast Shutters active

Its a marriage between three iconic designs - Vor'cha, K'Tinga, & Raptor

Some console ideas:

TAC: Ty'Go'Hor Incursion Strike Team - summons a Fleet support vessel without any hull damage restriction at any time.

ENG: Exothermal Blast Shutters - KDF version of Ablative armour except that torps/ mines are unaffected.

SCI: Cloaked Sonic Cluster Mines - Mines cannot be targeted. 3 sec to activation. Similar effect to CPB with proc to cause subsystem targeting.

3-set bonus - Innate Rapid-fire HYT Hybrid Polaron Torpedo (Similar to the D'Deridex torps just faster :) )
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like it.
    I think it'll be a welcome addition to the KDF
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • therealsivartherealsivar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great stats, why did you settle on a ship with a distinct pivot point issue? Why not the Vor'cha?

I thought about that, but I didn't want to push anymore on a ship that has 3 distinct layouts already (T4, T5, and the Fleet variant). Ultimately saying Raptors was just to emphasize what the ship's hybrid design came from, not to get the bad pivot of the Qin into the picture.

I fixed it in the OP to say Destroyer instead of Raptor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    I thought about that, but I didn't want to push anymore on a ship that has 3 distinct layouts already (T4, T5, and the Fleet variant). Ultimately saying Raptors was just to emphasize what the ship's hybrid design came from, not to get the bad pivot of the Qin into the picture.

I fixed it in the OP to say Destroyer instead of Raptor.

:) Thanks bud no disrespect. Hope you liked some of my additions :)
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited November 2012
    interesting , i do like the console ideas :)

id consider coming up with a two-set bonus though as well
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
    edited November 2012
    Some console ideas:

TAC: Ty'Go'Hor Incursion Strike Team - summons a Fleet support vessel without any hull damage restriction at any time.

ENG: Exothermal Blast Shutters - KDF version of Ablative armour except that torps/ mines are unaffected.

SCI: Cloaked Sonic Cluster Mines - Mines cannot be targeted. 3 sec to activation. Similar effect to CPB with proc to cause subsystem targeting.

3-set bonus - Innate Rapid-fire HYT Hybrid Polaron Torpedo (Similar to the D'Deridex torps just faster :) )

Hmm, nice set of ideas, what do you think about:

Tac: Cloaked Heavy Plasma Mine - A large, cloaked mine that detonates only on command from the deploying ship (or after 45 seconds). Explosive force of the mine reaches out 6 km and ships caught in the blast radius are left with a powerful damage over time debuff (functions like the ground Eng kit ability).

Eng: Automated Support Satellite - A fully automated support satellite, equipped with a Hazard Pulse Emitter; repairing all craft within 5km of the satellite over time and clearing all hazard debuffs.

Sci: Exothermal Blast Shutters - What you said :)

3-set bonus Enhanced CIC - The latest warships in the Imperial fleet have the benefit of experienced Flight officers brought in from previous carriers, allowing for improved coordination and performance of the carrier's strike craft.
    • +50% Accuracy, Defense, Speed and Weapon Damage for To'Duj/S'kul fighters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Hmm, nice set of ideas, what do you think about:

Tac: Cloaked Heavy Plasma Mine - A large, cloaked mine that detonates only on command from the deploying ship (or after 45 seconds). Explosive force of the mine reaches out 6 km and ships caught in the blast radius are left with a powerful damage over time debuff (functions like the ground Eng kit ability).

Eng: Automated Support Satellite - A fully automated support satellite, equipped with a Hazard Pulse Emitter; repairing all craft within 5km of the satellite over time and clearing all hazard debuffs.

Sci: Exothermal Blast Shutters - What you said :)

3-set bonus Enhanced CIC - The latest warships in the Imperial fleet have the benefit of experienced Flight officers brought in from previous carriers, allowing for improved coordination and performance of the carrier's strike craft.
    • +50% Accuracy, Defense, Speed and Weapon Damage for To'Duj/S'kul fighters

Oh please make it so!
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited November 2012

e.g.

Fore

Angle

Some console ideas:

Holy TRIBBLE...I don't know what that model is, but it looks cool as hell. I'd love to see that in-game! :cool:
  • symetreus69symetreus69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I LOVE EVERYTHING about this! Especially the "Automated Support Satellite" and "Exothermal Blast Shutters". Also, I assume you'd have the Aux DHC cannons like the Vesta but in disrupter form?
    Lifer since headstart!
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is great! Just what we need for our Warriors to show the Federation that we mean business!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like these ideas basically somewhat close to idea I had in misplaced forum category. I would just say though there are enough vor'cha variants out there already though. Two are free, 2 fleet ships D7 skin on vorcha and then the fleet vor'cha. I would recommend since the Fleet Negh'var isn't that great that this ship idea be molded after the negh'var but more into what has been done with federation new retrofits like the regent.

Mostly what I would like to see is something like the vesta either one ship that can have functions to have moving parts like the new 1000-day veteran ship but function like the commands the multivector has for moving those parts and stat changes when altering the form of the ship... Or..

Something like a 3 ship pack idea where you either get a bop or raptor, negh'var retrofit, and a carrier retrofit. Anyways the similarities and everyones views come down to a few common ground issues.

#1. The KDF has been ignored for so long with ship developement when you ask a fellow KDF playing friend how many fed ships have come out since the bortasqu' their answer is simple. I lost count after counting all my fingers and toes.

#2. Our Heavy Battle Cruisers are just mere copies of federation ships and nothing to show uniqueness besides a standard cloak and DHC's so in all rights we want our KDF ships to have what one federation captain said in a DS9 episode... It needs some TEETH.

#3. It is getting to a point the only way we can expect to get anything with KDF sticker slapped on the side is if its something we can buy through the exchange or pay gobs of money that is not credited to players of the faction in the form of lockboxes and lobi store.

#4. I remember a dev stating once in defense of making fluff that they have to make things for every demographic of the playerbase. Which as the KDF community sees federation ship after federation ship in the C-store and all we got was the bortasqu' in the form of C-store ship and nothing since then which has been atleast or close to a whole year.

#5. Lastly this one comes as something we know is going to happen unless Cryptic changes what its doing with ignoring the KDF. We all know at some point the level cap will increase beyond the current max of Level 50. That being said we will most likely not see KDF ships for that new max level because the current rate of only federation ships being pumped out there will not be anything for the KDF faction and we will be resorting to using ships at an extreme disadvantage more than they can be percieved now.
    edited November 2012
    I would just say though there are enough vor'cha variants out there already though. Two are free, 2 fleet ships D7 skin on vorcha and then the fleet vor'cha. I would recommend since the Fleet Negh'var isn't that great that this ship idea be molded after the negh'var but more into what has been done with federation new retrofits like the regent.

I know that there are a lot of variants of the Vor'cha out there (T4, T5, Mirror, and Fleet) and that's why I wasn't advocating it's use, and to be honest there are a lot of D7 variants out there too (T3, T5, and Fleet) and I'm not even sure if this would work well with the design profile of the D7. As for the Negh'var, I don't think it would be a good choice simply because it would be very difficult to justify the radical changes in stats between the T5 and Fleet versions to what I listed or what anybody else has listed for possible counters to the Vesta.

In all honestly though, while I would love to get a fresh Klingon (yes Klingon) ship design, I'd be willing to take a variant of any of those three if it meant they gave it to us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While I'm not that big a fan of carriers, I really like this idea.
    In terms of design, I could see a ship similar to a slightly stretched version of the 1000 day destroyer for such a task.

Regarding aestetics I'd say maybe the Centauri from the old "Bablyon 5 Wars" tabletop could be a good source of ideas (though certainly not when it comes to colours)

http://zappa.brainiac.com/spaceship/Mongoose/Altarian.jpeg

http://www.agentsofgaming.com/4new.jpg

their destroyers and strike cruisers have a visible hangar on their back.
    I think something similar would work pretty well in a Klingon designed ship.
    edited November 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »
    While I'm not that big a fan of carriers, I really like this idea.
    In terms of design, I could see a ship similar to a slightly stretched version of the 1000 day destroyer for such a task.

I know what you mean, and I myself am a little conflicted on proposing another ship with a hangar bay, however with that said I do think that we need a counter to the newest Federation ship, and I hope that Cryptic will take note of this particular design :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ufpdodgersufpdodgers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Loving the idea, we really need some kind of KDF counterpart to the Vesta.

Your little back story for the ship class is brilliant and plays a little into a conversation I was having with some fleet mates earlier today, the KDF's Vesta should be a collaborative effort among the races that make up the Klingon Empire.

So I would build on the idea with this, the 3 variants should represent 3 of the Main KDF species.

Tactical version = Klingon design
    Engineering version = Orion design
    Science version = Gorn design

A radical idea I know, but the 3 versions could all share the same basic overall shape and underlying design yet at each one would have the style and spirit of there respective races.

The designs probably couldn't be kit-bashed in the tailor, but could at least be interchangeable.
    edited November 2012
    I like the Klingon, Gorn, Orion idea.

R.I.P
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like it. Only change I would make is to the bridge officer seating:

LtC Sci, Lt Tac, Lt Eng, Ens Universal, Cmdr Universal

But I think the Cmdr Seat in all KDF should be Universal because I fly a BoP.
    edited November 2012
    ufpdodgers wrote: »
    Loving the idea, we really need some kind of KDF counterpart to the Vesta.

Your little back story for the ship class is brilliant and plays a little into a conversation I was having with some fleet mates earlier today, the KDF's Vesta should be a collaborative effort among the races that make up the Klingon Empire.

ufpdodgers wrote: »
    So I would build on the idea with this, the 3 variants should represent 3 of the Main KDF species.

Tactical version = Klingon design
    Engineering version = Orion design
    Science version = Gorn design

A radical idea I know, but the 3 versions could all share the same basic overall shape and underlying design yet at each one would have the style and spirit of there respective races.

The designs probably couldn't be kit-bashed in the tailor, but could at least be interchangeable.

I don't know, I think it would be interesting that's for sure but it would be a lot more work for cryptic so I don't think we'll ever see that. But to be honest, I'd be happy if they just gave it to us with a fresh Klingon design really :D.
    I like it. Only change I would make is to the bridge officer seating:

LtC Sci, Lt Tac, Lt Eng, Ens Universal, Cmdr Universal

But I think the Cmdr Seat in all KDF should be Universal because I fly a BoP.

Well I considered that, but remember this is supposed to be a parallel/counter to the Vesta, and a Cmdr Universal would make it better than the fed version so the likelihood of it happening would be incredibly low I would think.

But like I've said, hopefully Cryptic takes note of this thread and grants the request :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Yeah odds are if it can't be copied and spray painted and called Klingon and then nerfed to please fed only players then odds are we won't be getting it for the KDF.

Although millions of warriors are seeing visiting the House of K'ringle wishing and hoping.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,862 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would be cool to see, but I really won't be holding my breath for such a beauty of a ship. :(

I honestly don't know if I have much faith for seeing any kind of KDF ship but I hope I'm wrong.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012

e.g.

Fore

Angle

Some console ideas:

the ablative armor is KDF tech janeway stole
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    the ablative armor is KDF tech janeway stole

Errmmm, nope.
    She stole the tachyon timetravel deflector thingy and she already had the armor in her posession at the time.
    edited November 2012
    Errmmm, nope.
    She stole the tachyon timetravel deflector thingy and she already had the armor in her posession at the time.

You forget how she had Miral Paris making agreements for Klingon Tech for months before she just stole the last piece he wouldn't trade. So one could debate it was federation but even if you stole something from someone and currently hold it... It doesn't mean that you created it which is a flaw in that logic that it was made by the federation. Being what was stated by Janeway and Paris in the finale of the series its pretty safe to say all that tech was Klingon.
    edited November 2012
    You forget how she had Miral Paris making agreements for Klingon Tech for months before she just stole the last piece he wouldn't trade. So one could debate it was federation but even if you stole something from someone and currently hold it... It doesn't mean that you created it which is a flaw in that logic that it was made by the federation. Being what was stated by Janeway and Paris in the finale of the series its pretty safe to say all that tech was Klingon.

Read again what I wrote.
    I did not say where it came from.
    I did not say it was invented by the Feds.
    I only said she didn't steal it from the Klingons and that she already had it in her posession when she stole the deflector.
    Don't put words in my mouth.
    Oh, BTW if the armor tech was actually Klingon why was Korath so interested in getting it?
    Appearently it was not a Klingon design or he would have known about it.
    In addition the episode only specifies Janeway was helping Korath get into the council so she could get the deflector, show me where they talk about getting anything else from the Klingons.
    edited November 2012
    Here's a transcript of the episode in question:

http://www.voyager.cz/voyager/epizody/171endgameitrans.htm

show me where it's mentioned or even implied she traded for more than the deflector.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ferasan Heavy Escort Carrier. That is all.
    edited November 2012
    Ferasan Heavy Escort Carrier. That is all.

Oh man I hope not, but honesty I would take it if it meant we got the ship, but I'm really really really REALLY hoping for an actual Klingon design to come through for the Klingon Empire..... :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Errmmm, nope.

possibly he is refering to;
    Dispersive armor

Dispersive armor was a type of armor that was able to withstand direct phase cannon fire.

The Klingons employed this technology during the mid-22nd century to protect the bridges on their Birds-of-Prey.
    from memory alpha

R.I.P
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One of my favorite Klink ships, unfortunately it's too old for this game. These things were being replaced before the fed galaxy's were introduced, and besides they're not canon.

Might as well gimme a Firehawk too !
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    One of my favorite Klink ships, unfortunately it's too old for this game. These things were being replaced before the fed galaxy's were introduced, and besides they're not canon.

Might as well gimme a Firehawk too !

More than a few things in this game are not canon, but the important part is that I'm not introducing some radical new concept as though carriers were not already part of the game, they are.

This is only to try and keep the tables balanced :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]