test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bloodbath and Beyond seeking casual, part-time, and easy-going

jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Qo'noS
(What's with the 'punny' name? Look HERE for answers!)

LATEST NEWS HERE

NEW! - Bloodbath and Beyond is now an official member fleet to the Equator Alliance! Equator's allied fleets provide grouping, a busy, multi-fleet chat channel, and a home for your Fed alts, should you have the need, all with no obligation or requirement. Simply more to offer should you need it, without sacrificing our casual, no-pressure Fleet culture.

"Give us your laid-back, your time-poor. Your disparate lone players, yearning to build bases. :D"
- @Jnoh

Starbase at-a-glance: SB5 | M 5 | E 4+ | S 4 || Em3 | Dip 3 | Rct 3 || DM3 | T3 | D3 || Sp3 | R3 | O3

• Fleet Level 17

• Current: 31,000 Fleet XP, 250,000 Mil XP, 250,000 Eng XP, 198,250 Sci XP, 13,000 Starbase XP

• A membership of over 240 characters across approximately 100 accounts, with 55 active in the last 7 days (35 active in the last 24hrs), while still maintaining a "small fleet" feel

• All Starbase Featured Projects: Windows, Interior Decor, Targs, Ops Screens, Banners, Security, Fireplace, Bloodwine/bar, Morn/dancers, Conference Room, Works of Art, 2012 Winter Ornament, Fersian Staffing, Bat'leth Staircase, Uniform Mannequins.

• All Embassy Featured Projects: Nanovs, Museum, Fish Tank & Lounge, Ops, Shuttlebay Roof, Ivy Vines, Dignitaries/Guards.

• All Mine Featured Projects: Windows, Entrance, Business (workers), Motherlode, On Display, and Commerce.

• All Spire Featured Projects: Balcony, Lounge, Omega Molecule, Banners, Holo-Fleet, Trophies, Command Room, Orrery.

• Immediate goals: Filling Starbase Engineering V!!!

"Bloodbath, the guild for those who don't want a guild." - @HallowX
Bloodbath & Beyond was founded by a small, relaxed, and comfortable group of friends with a love of gaming and a desire to simply enjoy the games we play.

Keywords are no-pressure, casual, and tolerance.

Ventrilo Server: Fully paid, 32+ person server rented by yours truly. Willing to maintain a guild forum if needed. Vent participation not required! (But it really does help in STFs)

Beginning organized Fleet grouping for PvE content, including but not limited to Elite STFs for gear/rep, and other mark-reward content.

Enjoy random tells from strangers at least once a week laughing about and/or complementing your guild's name!

Your small fleet becoming dismayed by the long road ahead and losing faith? Join the club. Literally - We're happily taking in similarly-minded and similarly-tiered groups to the Bloodbath community. Don't let the casual recruitment fool you - if you're a handful of hardcore STF raiders, you can continue to be so. You run the STFs, we'll run the base. Just respect the low-pressure atmosphere and casual playstyle of our charter.

Romulans welcome!

KDF Alts welcome!

" 'Iw HaH je Hoch! " - @Frightfall

Generally older players, early 30s to early 40s and well beyond. Globally diverse (With representation from both Europe & North America, and more). I wouldn't exactly call us "mature" though... we're goofballs. Our members often found in other games, the core group of founders rarely lets a new MMO go by without at least getting into Beta. Ventrilo occupants can be found playing together and apart on STO, CO, APB, Civ 5, and Planetside 2 - even Pen-and-paper RPGs in Vent with IRC dice-rollers! Our "extended family" can be found across most AAA games. The majority (of this division) are in fact former SWG smugglers and scoundrels!

See sig below for contact! @Jnoh is online most evenings (EDT), send in game mail and your contact info will be guild mailed so someone can reach you even if I am not available.

[EDIT: For the sake of ensuring the most rewarding experience for all, please include something about yourself, your sto goals, and what you are looking for in a fleet. If we aren't the guild for you, we'll be up front about it, we want you to have the best time in STO you can! There is no "interview" or "application" process, merely hoping we can eliminate any unmet expectations from "go". :) ]

As the community has started to grow a smidgen, I've decided to start toying with Facebook's Page and Community functions:
Again, these are experiments, so please bear with them as I muck about.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Post edited by jnohd on

Comments

• jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What's in a name?

It has come to my attention that Bloodbath & Beyond has gotten some bad reactions based on our name (and plenty of GOOD reactions too!). I recognize that we could reach a broader audience and overcome some of the knee-jerk reactions with some cool sounding Klingon (" 'Iw HaH je Hoch") or klingonaase. We are however bound by our long-standing connection to the name with our other divisions across multiple games, and our founder's explanation of why it was chosen *beyond* the obvious and intended silliness.

Some explanation by members of our leadership on the deeper reasons the behind the name follow:
    'Iw HaH je Hoch - more than just some ugly words?

HallowX:
    I always took it to be a statement of ongoing family. We'll be standing by you during the slaughter, but we'll also be there with you to help build your house or throw a party or whatever else may come.

"We've got your back. Always." basically.

The original essence of the name (besides the pun) is Battle + Everything Else. Sadly the nice thing about Beyond is that it is so open to interpretation and in Bloodbath's case pretty much all interpretations are correct.

So be there for your brothers and sisters during the battle of course, but make sure to also be there for song, companionship, spiritual guidance, questions of honor or morality, food, drink, etc, etc., (Eventually encompassing everything)

Jnoh:
    'Iw HaH je Hoch: literally "Blood Drenched and All." In this case, "Hoch" (all) is used similarly to the idea of the Hebrew "Kol" to mean "all, the whole of any, each, every, anything totality, everything." In our use, it represents the idea of "Beyond" when used as a noun - The afterlife, the great reward. In this way, Bloodbath & Beyond / 'Iw HaH je Hoch represents the two ideals of every Klingon: glory in battle, and glory in the afterlife. Action, and reward for that action. What better motto for a Klingon Fleet to fly under than one which calls out these two cornerstones to the life of every Warrior.

Ironically, "Bloodbath & Beyond" does a very good job of summarizing a Klingon's core beliefs, and at the same time captures the lightheartedness of our membership.

So there you have it, love it or hate it. Lighthearted, committed, family: Bloodbath & Beyond.

'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
    edited July 2012
    Latest News (updated November 1st, 2014) :

jnohd wrote: »

UPDATE!!!

The Starbase Engineering V construction project is NOW SLOTTED! And in true Bloodbath style, was nearly filled within a few short hours.

Only dilithium requirements remain with 208,769 / 1,500,000 already filled!

In other BIG NEWS...

Bloodbath and Beyond is now an official member fleet to the Equator Alliance! Equator's allied fleets provide grouping, a busy, multi-fleet chat channel, and a home for your Fed alts, should you have the need, all with no obligation or requirement. Simply more to offer should you need it, without sacrificing our casual, no-pressure Fleet culture.

For more information on the Equator-Alliance, visit: www.equator-alliance.com
    jnohd wrote: »

Wow...

Starbase Egineering V construction project is now counting down!

:eek:

Fantastic Job, Fleet!!! 13 days left!

:D
  • gostdajtinkgostdajtink Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wonder if we could entertain light RP....very light and not mandatory at all.
    edited July 2012
    SB 1 tonight, Ship provisions as well, and about half way to Tier 1 on Eng and Sci (already Tier 1 Military/Shipyard!) Looking good!

I don't see any issues with RP, as most if not all of the membership has RP-friendly character and ship names (I reserved my goofier stuff for Fed-side), including backstories and what have you. Some are less immersion-friendly, but I don't recall any outright naming wackiness.

Highly considering reaching out to any mega-fleet leaders on the topic of Fleet Credit issues I'm reading about from their membership. If you are a super-sized KDF fleet member and are seeing issues with membership being unable to gain FC even with the Special Projects, please reach out to us, and hopefully we can make arrangements between leadership to allow fleet hopping to fill our Mark needs, and grant people access to quick Credits. I can even set up a low-tier rank for mega-fleet alts to quickly throw themselves invites, so they can hop into BBB without needing any of us to be on, dump their Marks, and leave to get back to their "real" fleet...

Let me know if any of that would help your fleet membership! Kahless knows it would help ours! :D
    edited August 2012
    XP stats updated to include tonight's projects. We should be able to hit engineering 1 after Tomorrow night!

Not bad for a little guild that could.

:D
    edited August 2012
    Weekend update!

Finished the Industrial Fabricator 1 project overnight. Once we clear the current pair of Engineering projects, we will begin Engineering Provisioning, then back to 2 Engineering, 1 Military project per round.

If anyone shows a real interest in Science, we will happily turn the Science projects back on. As always, we encourage our members to only dedicate time and resources to their personal goals, there is no pressure or obligation to move any other project forward, with the isolated exception of construction projects which may block the way for another preferred construction.

Bloodbath & Beyond is defined by its membership, not the other way around! :D
    edited August 2012
    Weekend update: Targs and steady XP!

• Targs now infest our Ops deck.

'Iw HaH je Hoch!
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'll be contacting you.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
    edited September 2012
    Looks like the Fleet DOff debacle will come to a close and get things rolling again after a major stall thanks to both the DOff grinding to clear Fleet DOff project donation lockout and the resultant grumblings from players and general lack of log ins thanks to the loss of faith in the developers.

Will update the OP soon!
    edited September 2012
    Finished Industrial Fabricator 2, now provisioned with Advanced Fleet Ship Weapons.

Slooooowly filling the Starbase 2 project.
    edited September 2012
    Updates!

Starbase Tier 2, High Security, and a slow climb up the XP ladders for Mil and Sci.

Qapla'!
    edited September 2012
    I sent you messages and a friend invite about a month ago. You never got back to me.
    edited September 2012
    No messages received. Send an in game mail to @Jnoh? I do not accept friend invites generally.

EDIT: **NOTE** Thanks to the Perfect World merger, my in game global handle and my forum handle are *not* the same, and messages sent to "@jnohd" will fail to be received by me.

Likewise, I do not generally accept random friend requests. Please be sure to open a dialogue using in-game mail first to ensure I reply. Random tells, friend requests, and terse mails will generally be considered fleet raider requests - I may let you in but will likely keep your rank too low to access to our provisions if we have not at least had a simple exchange in mail, if only to protect our small band of lone wolfs and alts.

Please only send an in-game mail to "@Jnoh" to get the ball rolling, and I'll get back to you within 24 hours, often with an offline guild invite!
    edited September 2012
    Was off STO most of the weekend, but checking in regularly again now!
    edited October 2012
    OP updated.

Plenty of XP added since last update, the Shipyard will finally finish it's upgrade to Tier 2 overnight, and the fireplace Featured Project is finished, the fire already roaring and awesome.

Crunching Sci missions for now in an effort to complete Sci tier 2, before pushing onward through Eng 3, SB 3, and a Tailor.

'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    edited October 2012
    I'm sending you a friend invite again, plus a mail. Please accept it and we can talk good sir.
    edited October 2012
    Will do!

Minor update: About midway through the Communications Array T2, plus several Eng projects. At the request of a member, we will be mixing in more Military projects as well, and may attempt Mil 3 before Eng 3 - we'll see what the general consensus is.

I'll update the OP when I have some time tonight.

EDIT: Or, I'll forget and have to apologize here. That said, the four day (!!!) Communications Array II timer started this morning, and after the current round of Eng projects, we will likely maintain a steady 1:2 Military:Engineering stream of projects. Once one of those hits Tier 3, Starbase 3 and the tailor will be our short term goals.
    edited October 2012
    XP updated in the OP, still 59 hours left on the countdown to completion on Communications Array II.
    edited October 2012
    "For Relaxation" Featured Project is done, the Bloodwine flows freely - and grants a 1hr buff?

Updated the OP and I *think* the Mil and Eng XP needs to be updated.
    edited October 2012
    As the community has started to grow a smidgen, I've decided to start toying with Facebook's Page and Community functions:
    Again, these are experiments, so please bear with them as I muck about.
    edited November 2012
    Post-Storm update: Well, I survived! And more importantly, the OP is updated!

Plus, we are 43% through filling the "Upgrade Industrial Fabricator III" Special Project! :D
    edited November 2012
    UPDATE:

Industrial Fabricator III underway and will complete in 6 days.

Starbase 3 and Tailor to follow, while also raising Military to 50k XP in preparation of Shipyard III.
    edited November 2012
    With the impending loss of the "quickie" one-click-finish Investigate daily, Fleet Marks (FM) are about to become a rare commodity, possibly the rarest in game. The change was part of the heavy-handed actions the Devs are taking to severely reduce the speed at which we gain Dilithium, and erode the Dilithium stockpiles as much as possible. FM are an unfortunate casualty of this action.

This said, BBB has no intention of backing down.

To put it simply, the founding group, this name, existed well before there was a Star Trek Online, and several of us still consider STO to be "our game" when it comes to MMOs. So long as there is an STO worth playing, there will be a Bloodbath in it. Probably long after.

To those facing these changes alone or in fleets with only 2 or 3 active players, we sympathize. Before you give up on building your base completely, and redirect yourself to the new sinks for your time (via Dilithium, EC, DOffs and other Marks), consider this - you can maintain your independence, you can continue your casual, no-pressure game-days, and you can keep playing the way you want, just like the rest of us here in Bloodbath, but with one important difference - yours are not the only resources moving the Fleet forward.

Regardless of how you chose to face the mounting challenges, regardless of what Fleets you find best match your needs: Good luck out there, all of you.
    edited November 2012
    Industrial Fabricator 3 finished, bringing reduced prices on replication of Embassy Provisions (now 550/ea)

Starbase III upgrade project is underway and already over 20% filled!
    edited November 2012
    Weekend update!

Starbase III provisioning well underway, stalling a bit over the daunting amount of Fleet Marks needed (thanks to the loss of "quickie" missions), 78% complete with only Fleet Marks left to fill, currently at 4,860 / 10,800 as of this writing.

Got a lump of Marks you aren't using? Join now and get instant gratification! Provisions available include:
    • Nearly a dozen ship provisions unused, including access to Fleet Qin, K't'inga, Scourge, Vor'cha, and Somraw. Nong'tao BoP and Corsair coming soon!
    • Advanced Ground gear: Weapons, Armor, PSGs
    • Elite Ground gear: Weapons, Armor
    • Advanced Space gear: Weapons, Engines

Fleet uniforms, more ships, Elite PSGs, all coming "soon."
    edited November 2012
    Qapla'!

Starbase 3 timer is counting down, with a little less than 7 days to go!

Work is underway on both Embassy and Military projects in earnest while we prepare for the starbase upgrade to complete.
  • dranzer144dranzer144 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sorry for not being active in the past week.
    I had to suddenly leave the house for a week and live in a place with no descent computer in sight (i mean... even on the lowest graphical options they would find a way to lag and DC :mad:)
    now i'm home but it seems like star trek don't want me to play, i'm getting the good old "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function." error on lunch.

hope to fix it and play with you guys soon!
    (if any of you know a fix for that, i'll appreciate a friendly hint :) )

Edit : fixed it

Edit 2 : broken again
    edited November 2012
    dranzer144 wrote: »
    ...but it seems like star trek don't want me to play, i'm getting the good old "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function." error on lunch.

hope to fix it and play with you guys soon!
    (if any of you know a fix for that, i'll appreciate a friendly hint :) )

Edit : fixed it

Edit 2 : broken again

Reach out to me here or on the BBB Facebook Page - you may need a new "Star Trek Online.exe" launcher from one of us with a working copy.
  • dranzer144dranzer144 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well, i'v tried to get a working launcher as the tech support recommended, sadly with no effect :/
    the problem seems to be that the game's patch server is blocking ALLOT of the players (some say its because of the ip, some say it some how connected to new graphical drivers).

there's no fix for now :/ (at lest no fix i manged to find)

hum... sand me the files any way, maybe i'll have some luck and your files are magical! :D
    edited November 2012
    UPDATES!

• Starbase III upgrade: DONE!

• Starbase Tailor: DONE!

• "Nanov, Nanov" Featured Project: DONE!

• "Works of Art" Featured Project: DONE!

• Military XP: only 6.5k to go before Shipyard 3 project unlocks!

• Embassy: ~2.5k XP to Recruitment 1 project unlocks!

Plus a new out-of-fleet chat channel has been added for alts and friends, -and- it has been a banner week for recruitment! We may not be the biggest, or the fastest, but we are lighthearted, committed, family: Bloodbath & Beyond.

'Iw HaH je Hoch!

[EDIT: "Works of Art" now done!]