test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So they put tails for Aliens in the game finally?

Comments

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've seen omega pants with maco top, omega pants and formal shirt and borg outfit.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    scratch that
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ya, it's was one of the Tailor glitches that occur after patches.
    Like the Vedek Robe that was wearable before it was released in the DS9 bundle. Cryptic allowed people to keep it, with the warning that if they ever try to customize that costume again, they would lose it.
    Like the Old style Gorn, that I saw running around last night.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Go visit Qo'nos and you will see lots of female Orions mixmatching different costumes, like combinations of MK XII Honor Guard with Skirts and Omega grenades. I've even seen KDF characters wearing Starfleet Uniforms. Some people told me that there are some command lines which add these options to your character but it is obviously something Cryptic doesn't want us to do. It's an exploit which gives people tailor options they never should have access to.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That's actually a pretty good Yoda, but I've seen players shorter than that, like to your Yoda's waist, and I've been wondering how they managed that as well.
    methos71 wrote: »

What gun is your Vulcan boff using in that picture?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the heads up Markhawkman! Though, I'm fairly certain that I shortened Commander Yoda's legs as short as I could manage. I'll have to check again though. Here are pics of my wee green, pointy eared BOFF:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Methos6848/Star%20Trek%20Online%20Adventures/screenshot_2012-09-24-23-07-33.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Methos6848/Star%20Trek%20Online%20Adventures/screenshot_2012-06-05-20-03-02.jpg
    It might also help to swap to the "simple" view and choose a shorter template to start from. I'm not really sure, I haven't messed with it much but some people have told me it changes the overall height.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Well my gremlin (which people call yoda) I used the creature stance and made the feet as small as possible which also takes a few inches off.
    If you turn the feet thiickness slider up and down you will notice your midget growing.

Same thing with head size...

Anyway I saw new combo today, all white maco top with a mini skirt - don't know if it's spreading or I am paying more attention now
  • autodiabolicautodiabolic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've actually seen these same toons(the one from the op pic and a few others) not only with tails and borg suits but also the borg eye lazer. Obviously the tailor is exploitable.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The real question is why Cryptic doesn't make these options as standarts and let people mix and match whatever they want?
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    talien wrote: »
    That's actually a pretty good Yoda, but I've seen players shorter than that, like to your Yoda's waist, and I've been wondering how they managed that as well.

Thanks for the kudos on my Yoda Talien!:D I too have seen wicked tiny players and, screenshot junkie that I am, I almost always take pics of 'em, if only 'cause they tend to make me chuckle (especially when they're in a crowd at the Academy desk, cleverly standing right below some gal toon's skirt!:P). Ideally, I would love to be able to make my Yoda shorter, though it must be said that most of the rifles dwarf the wee man as is (hence his carrying a Jem'Hadar rifle, as it's nearly proportionate).

And speaking of rifles, I'll have to check on what my Vulcan BOFF, T'Prenna, is packin' there. I think it's a Plasma something or other. Recall giving a Plasma rifle to Yoda and man did that ever look ridiculous!
    It might also help to swap to the "simple" view and choose a shorter template to start from. I'm not really sure, I haven't messed with it much but some people have told me it changes the overall height.

I'll have to give that a try Markhawkman. Though, I worry that if I change the template, it might alter the entire toon itself. And it took me forever to get that Yoda just the way I wanted him. I've actually got a fair sized Yoda collection and I pulled out various figures and checked profile angles and proportions and such, whilst putting him together for STO. Yes, major OCD, I know.:P
    vestereng wrote: »
    Well my gremlin (which people call yoda) I used the creature stance and made the feet as small as possible which also takes a few inches off.
    If you turn the feet thiickness slider up and down you will notice your midget growing.

Same thing with head size...

Anyway I saw new combo today, all white maco top with a mini skirt - don't know if it's spreading or I am paying more attention now

I'll give the feet thickness slider a try Vestereng. Though, I wanna make sure my wee man's feet still look reasonably proportionate, rather than having him run around with pancake feet. Head size I am most definitely not fooling with, given that his head took ages to get somewhat right (especially cranial slope, as I recall).

As for all these unique uniform combos, this thread has definitely got me keeping a sharper look out for odd combos!
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    talien wrote: »

I think it is a plasma weapon. Either an assault rifle or sniper/split beam...
  • bronbron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've actually seen these same toons(the one from the op pic and a few others) not only with tails and borg suits but also the borg eye lazer. Obviously the tailor is exploitable.
    I have seen it too, the same day. Just didn't take screens.

It might not even be an exploit. Maybe they know something we don't? Or won a contest?

Couldn't be, right?
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When you save a costume, where is the file kept and in what format?

I ask because in several games it is possible to edit the saved costume file by hand to get results outside of what is possible with the in-game tools. Sometimes when you re-load the costume there are issues, but sometimes it works.

I know you can't do it in Champions because the costume file is just a screenshot.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll have to give that a try Markhawkman. Though, I worry that if I change the template, it might alter the entire toon itself. And it took me forever to get that Yoda just the way I wanted him. I've actually got a fair sized Yoda collection and I pulled out various figures and checked profile angles and proportions and such, whilst putting him together for STO. Yes, major OCD, I know.:P
    Oh, it will. Edit a secondary costume instead of your main one. Doing a screenshot of your sliders might help. I made several of my chars. http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/40119304

Obviously those shots are composites of several screenshots, but you get the idea. In your case it's mainly the face you want to record and that could be done with only one.

@Gavin: I'm pretty sure STO keeps them on the game server.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    looked at the image she has a tail and is wearing the engineering borgs boffs borg top and bottom.
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    I think it is a plasma weapon. Either an assault rifle or sniper/split beam...

Finally got around to verifying this last night, my Vulcan BOFF has got a Plasma Pulsewave Assault Mk X [DoT3] rifle.
    Oh, it will. Edit a secondary costume instead of your main one. Doing a screenshot of your sliders might help. I made several of my chars. http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/40119304

Obviously those shots are composites of several screenshots, but you get the idea. In your case it's mainly the face you want to record and that could be done with only one.

@Gavin: I'm pretty sure STO keeps them on the game server.

Markhawkman, thanks for the heads up again! How does one capture a screenshot of the sliders screen anyhow? I thought that hitting 'PrtScn' simply captures a pic of one's toon in the tailor? In any case, I might tinker with Yoda eventually, but will likely leave him be for now.

Nice character gallery, by the way! Especially liked your Caitian (and no, I'm not into Furries, just love cats and Caitains).

Happy Turkey day all!:D
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

edited November 2012
    Saw another combo today; maco top and omega pants

/edit

ps

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=437571
    edited November 2012
    The real question is why Cryptic doesn't make these options as standarts and let people mix and match whatever they want?
    Some stuff just shouldn't be standard I think, but Aliens should have access to ALL possible body and costume options. Otherwise it's not mix and match. I've had Caitian unlocked since day 1 or 2 of it's release, and no tails.

A person who shall remain anonymous has shown me how to do this, but I'm afraid of getting banned. I'm not sure if it's legal.

Thanks though! You know who you are.
  • rachelj88rachelj88 Member Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    after quickly scanning through all of your posts I can assure you that... as the tailor addict I am, I have never come across the ability to add a tail or to use my borg bridge officers suit.

I know and I will say that the /console can be used to mix and match various costume items to create unique outfits, for example one of the posts stated having the Omega pants with Maco Top, thats one of many combinations.

I personally have the Vadek Skirt with MACO top... creating my "Kombat Skirt" outfit.

Anyway I am not naming names but a certain fleet and a few of their members have asked me to sell them my main characters appearence for EC and anything else I'd ask for, I declined.
    the very same players of this fleet "I'm overall being quiet about avoiding a ban unless given Dev permission to name names." these players have someone been able to use or have used either mods or hacks, or have just found more costume unlockable commands for the /console.

I've seen tails, Federation officers with KDF uniforms, Borg facial parts on aliens that are NOT meant to be available, Gorn heads. I could list more but these in my opinion should not be available.

RachelJ88
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There was a Chat Command you could enter to unlock Gorn, Nausicaan, Ferengi and Caitian parts for Alien Characters (including caitian tails)

That command has been stealth fixed with the last Patch if my information is correct.

Also to be noted is that the Tailor would often not save changes you made, if for example a uniform had a just a non-default color option.
    So it is nothing Cryptic would allow to be used just like that, if they wanted to unlock the Caitian / Ferengi options for us in the Alien Creator IF we bought that Species in the C-Store, they most certainly could do that already by just hooking the options up accordingly.

Even GORN work just fine on Fed Side, but i guess they will hold that one back until we get the "ALT you BOff" system they have been teasing us with for so long.

You CAN get a Federation Gorn BOff via the Diplomacy BOff, with ALT your BOff that would be perfectly doable to get a legit FedGorn... probably even with the Bite Power!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    There was a Chat Command you could enter to unlock Gorn, Nausicaan, Ferengi and Caitian parts for Alien Characters (including caitian tails)

That command has been stealth fixed with the last Patch if my information is correct.

Also to be noted is that the Tailor would often not save changes you made, if for example a uniform had a just a non-default color option.
    So it is nothing Cryptic would allow to be used just like that, if they wanted to unlock the Caitian / Ferengi options for us in the Alien Creator IF we bought that Species in the C-Store, they most certainly could do that already by just hooking the options up accordingly.

Even GORN work just fine on Fed Side, but i guess they will hold that one back until we get the "ALT you BOff" system they have been teasing us with for so long.

You CAN get a Federation Gorn BOff via the Diplomacy BOff, with ALT your BOff that would be perfectly doable to get a legit FedGorn... probably even with the Bite Power!

It was stealth fixed some time before S7. I personally never found a command that could override it, so I was unable to reproduce it.

However, the one that unlocked mixing and matching of outfit parts (by rachelj88) was stealth fixed on S7 release. However, it still functions with Bridge Officers. Bug, or deliberate? :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just another case of them holding out on us :(

I really would like to make a caitian with hair, like M'ress :/

I generally don't like the caitians in STO because they dont have muzzles, they have flat humanoid faces with a texture over the top (which is very lazy, in my opinion)

I would love the bits added to the tailer so I can make some sort of catgirl or something vaguely interesting.

Would love to get my hands on a save char picture of the tail/catgirl too xD
  • rachelj88rachelj88 Member Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    It was stealth fixed some time before S7. I personally never found a command that could override it, so I was unable to reproduce it.

However, the one that unlocked mixing and matching of outfit parts (by rachelj88) was stealth fixed on S7 release. However, it still functions with Bridge Officers. Bug, or deliberate? :D

blaming me eh? lol

I did not in anyway shape or form release anything about the console, I used it yes but I didn't by any means exploit it like many other players, mixing and matching is about all I did.

RachelJ88

P.S. - 3 exploited outfits and I can tell you what they are, Diplomatic top with Vadek skirt, Bajoran Top with Vadek Skirt, MACO Elite top with Vadek Skirt... Ta'da! thats all I made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    So the tails are gone and I didn't even get to try it? Dang it. Seriously Aliens should have access to ALL races specific stuff. Whatever happened to making your own species? What if the species I want has a lizard head and feline tail?
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    foxwater wrote: »

that was not possible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    foxwater wrote: »
    Just another case of them holding out on us :(

I generally don't like the caitians in STO because they dont have muzzles, they have flat humanoid faces with a texture over the top (which is very lazy, in my opinion)

I would love the bits added to the tailer so I can make some sort of catgirl or something vaguely interesting.

Would love to get my hands on a save char picture of the tail/catgirl too xD

Uh, what are you even talking about.
    The Caitians in STO have muzzles. In fact, their entire face is very lion-like.
    They certainly look more feline-like than the Caitian Admiral from Star Trek IV, lol.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
    edited November 2012
    from the front.

Look at it from the side and it looks nothing like a muzzle.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rachelj88 wrote: »
    blaming me eh? lol

I did not in anyway shape or form release anything about the console, I used it yes but I didn't by any means exploit it like many other players, mixing and matching is about all I did.

RachelJ88

P.S. - 3 exploited outfits and I can tell you what they are, Diplomatic top with Vadek skirt, Bajoran Top with Vadek Skirt, MACO Elite top with Vadek Skirt... Ta'da! thats all I made.

You know as well as I do that you're the one who brought it up, and THAT is what I referenced. I didn't intend to say that you created the exploit or distributed the info about it.

Don't twist my sentences! :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited November 2012
    I hope cryptic will unlock caitian and other bits for people that own the species :(
    edited November 2012
    I hope so too, and soon.
This discussion has been closed.