test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Romulus - Mountain Pass - Bugged

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Glad it's not just me. Hope this mission bugs are solved soon.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I eventually managedto complete it. Took me 4 tries.

I didn't do anything particularly different the 4th time, but completely dropped and repicked up the mission before that.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • alchemistidalchemistid Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can confirm this. Went into the mission twice and both times there was nothing after fighting the last of the enemies on the map and rescuing the last two romulans.
  • sectresectre Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This too has happened to me.

Completed all the other objectives, as well as eliminated all npcs in map. I can access the console 'examine device' however besides explaining about the cloaking tech, it does nothing.

As far as I can see, there is no way to complete this mission.

I also noticed that the prisoners were never highlighted.
  • cohas79cohas79 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am also having the same problem with this mission and i also killed everything there is to kill
    Have No Fear! Cohas is Here!
  • andym5andym5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just my 2 cents here on the subdue agents objective not completing, it completed for me on the 4th attempt. I went though the level & killed all of the Hirogen & Romulans before touching any consoles or freeing any prisoners. May just be chance, but it may help someone else.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same thing happening to me. Please fix this Cryptic/PWE!
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same issues for me. Cannot complete the mission. Also I think the holo-projected the Alpha uses in the final battle, he chain respawns the Holo-projectors. It's overwhleming in difficulty. I think the cooldown timer of the holo-projector power is way too low.
  • spessmehreenspessmehreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    andym5 wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents here on the subdue agents objective not completing, it completed for me on the 4th attempt. I went though the level & killed all of the Hirogen & Romulans before touching any consoles or freeing any prisoners. May just be chance, but it may help someone else.

I can confirm that this works. It's not a fix, but a workaround's a workaround. Not too sure why this bypasses the issue though...
    The Spice Must Flow...
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think it's this @#&% Thalaron drone. Both times I've attempted the mission, a drone has turned unkillable. I think it's preventing the mission from completing.
  • farginaut#6835 farginaut Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here....what gives?

Attempted mission several times both KDF & Fed, same result.
    Read through and red again this thread and nothing of any help here, how come some claim that they have completed it? and what did they do/change to allow successful completion?

Can't find the video. This thread seems to have completely changed to another subjuct for further down the road and no answers given for the original question. Oh well
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The tier 2 mountain pass instance will not complete after I've wiped out everything and redid the instance many times over. Didn't see a thread but heard a lot of people including myself having this problem with a bug there.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's an advanced thaleron drone which, if not destroyed before its owner is, turns neutral/friendly. Without this kill the instance fails.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • jstaggjstagg Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also confirmed, I cannot finish this mission :S
  • brokentuskerbrokentusker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The mission bugged for me as well. What I did was exit the mission area, then reentered immediately, redid the mission and it worked. I ran it exactly the same way with the exception of viewing the shuttle recording.
  • banjosteve1980banjosteve1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 on this bug played it 6 times and still it says i have to subdue the tal shiar agents!..come on cryptic sort ya junk out!
  • capm7capm7 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also, one of the Hirogens dialogue lines the audio that plays is the captain of the houston saying "they're preparing to fire lance weapons!"

Would be nice to be able to complete the mission.

And while the scene is playing, the background comm voices can still be heard, its distracting.
    ---Capm
    Founder, Midnight Squadron
    http://www.midnightsquadron.com
  • rabbishekkyrabbishekky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had the same problem today. Glad I read this and didn't bother to repeat the bugged mission.
  • gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    molikor wrote: »
    Can't find the video. This thread seems to have completely changed to another subjuct for further down the road and no answers given for the original question. Oh well

The video is viewable by getting close to the shuttle at the top of the hill.
  • suprcheesesuprcheese Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, this mission was and is bugged for me, too.
    There is no problem in the galaxy that cannot be solved with sufficient application of firepower.
  • rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1. Can't complete Subdue Tal Shiar Agents.
  • gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here...three times so far.
  • dukat1701dukat1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep Same for me as well. Cant finish the mission
  • cohas79cohas79 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here can not finish this mission
    Have No Fear! Cohas is Here!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tried it twice and had this problem. Players in New Romulus zone chat made a suggestion and it actually worked for me.

Ignore EVERYTHING except enemies. Just defeat the enemies, get to the end with the shuttle and defeat those enemies. After all enemies on the map are defeated, THEN you rescue prisoners and go click everything. And don't forget to check out the cutscene. There is a option that pops up around the front of the shuttle. Click it and watch for the story.

Warning!! Those huge guys with the helmets (hunter/stalker types, not sure what race they are) are nasty. When I get to the final room I always completely wipe, have to go back and kill another or 2, then respawn and do this until I beat them. What I find strange is some of those guys are named Alpha or Beta. I've seen them around New Romulus and sometimes they are stealthed like a Stalker named enemy. I'm wondering if their names are placeholders for what type of enemy they are or if their names are hunter/stalker and something screws up and renames them with what they were called during testing of season 7.

I would say the difficulty of this mission on NORMAL mode is too high also.:(
  • j25550j25550 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same To Me
  • tehibristehibris Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ^They're Hirogen. ;) Alpha is like a Captain, Beta is like Commander. 'Tis a canon grading for their species, from Star Trek: Voyager.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Many broken ribs, bleeding wounds, and concussions later...did it three times. And no closure.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And they earn their TRIBBLE-kicking in spades.
    tehibris wrote: »
    ^They're Hirogen. ;) Alpha is like a Captain, Beta is like
    Commander. 'Tis a canon grading for their species, from Star Trek: Voyager.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • mmattaiommattaio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same... dropped and tried several times.