test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Romulus - Mountain Pass - Bugged

jaremilus84jaremilus84 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
mission "mountain pass" (t2 reputation to unlock) on new romulus is bugged

- disrupt tal shiar operations
-- subdue tal shiar agents

last console, not work correctly, show only text about cloacking romulan technology...
all area is clear of npc etc, i see only 1 ship but without any interaction.

can't finish it :/
Post edited by jaremilus84 on

Comments

• mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Alright, so I'm on the mission you get when you finish T2 of the Romulan Rep. The mission tells me to go to mountain pass to find some shuttle, however the map circle (When it actually shows up...) covers almost the whole zone making it useless to pinpoint the actual location.

So I ended up running around the whole zone like 15 times trying to find somewhere that looks like a place I can either climb or go into. Sadly didn't find anything. Does anyone know where to go for this mission? Either I'm blind like a bat or they need to really fix the map.

EDIT: Figured it out, they really need to be more descriptive with their missions. :\
  • titus1608titus1608 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you do it while you do the "New Romulus: Mountain base" Mission its not too hard to find.

My problem is that I cant finish the Mountain base Mission.

I killed and used everything on the way to the top and there is nothing left except for using the shuttle (again) and a device which I can examine which says its a subspace scattering device.

The Mission goal is "Disrupt Tal Shiar Operations" and for that I need to

- subdue Tal Shiar Agents
    - disable communication array
    - free Prisoners (4/4)
    - disable Generator
    - uncover Tal Shiar Plans

The last 4 of the 5 are green and done, but "subdue Tal Shiar Agents" won't finish and there is no one to kill left and there is no way of getting out of the instance...not at the end not at the beginning.
    And if I use the transporter to get out of there I have to do the instance again and the second time it would finish either.
  • mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    titus1608 wrote: »
    If you do it while you do the "New Romulus: Mountain base" Mission its not too hard to find.

I killed and used everything on the way to the top and there is nothing left except for using the shuttle (again) and a device which I can examine which says its a subspace scattering device.

- free Prisoners (4/4)
    - disable Generator

The last 4 of the 5 are green and done, but "subdue Tal Shiar Agents" won't finish and there is no one to kill left and there is no way of getting out of the instance...not at the end not at the beginning.
    And if I use the transporter to get out of there I have to do the instance again and the second time it would finish either.

Weird, I did it and didn't have any problems with finishing it.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    my question is, where the hell do you submit it?

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • mal00mal00 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i have the same problem no one to kill and the mission woun't finish

I replayed the mission on normal difficulty and it worked fine which means the mission is only bugged on elite difficulty not sure about advanced thou
  • gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

- free Prisoners (4/4)
    - disable Generator

Same exact thing happened to me doing this mission.
  • ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2012
    Got ip open on normal right now and have the same thing. The last battle became a right mess, I'm wondering if that made it go off script and now won't finish.
  • buciusbucius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I also had the same problem. Went all the way thru to the end. And after the last battle everything was complete but the "Subdue Tal Shiar Agents". Couldn't find anyone left behind.
  • ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2012
    Just replayed the thing and the same problem, I'll not do it again until its known to be fixed.
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Where is the shuttle? no circle shows up on my map in the mountain pass.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    I too have had problems. One run with a fed TAC resolved the mission, but not the shuttle component. He has no way to proceed... odd. Another got the shuttle mission complete, but could not complete the mountain pass as an asset (A Romulan Therelon Drone) became a good guy (blue letters).

Other players in chat also pointed out that one or both parts of the mission seemed bugged. Note to Cryptic - you should be able to redo the missions. In both cases of the toons mentioned above, they're stuck.

In Cryptic s defence, the trial period on Tribble was only a week - and at longer delays and higher assignment costs.

Couple of points to complete both successfully.

1.) Take your time. Don't let any enemy asset go by walking away from generators etc.

2.) The shuttle component is on the last level. Walk around the shuttle 2x and read the decoded messages. That seemed to trigger the playback.
  • kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Where did you find it. I have looked all over there?
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    Where is the shuttle? no circle shows up on my map in the mountain pass.

take the mission at the mountain pass transporter, and it will let you in the instance where you can find it

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • kerenskyoffensivkerenskyoffensiv Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yea Im getting this aswell :/
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looks like mine is borken as well, mine is stuck as Subdue Tal Shiar agents, theres no one there...everyone is dead.....
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great. I don't think I seen the circles on the maps for the Rom prisoners until I did the last part. May be that is why? Will try redoing and see what happens.

Might want to fix the overlapping audio on the cutscene.

This is happening on holodeck for me.
  • funkyfambaafunkyfambaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same problem
    Yesterday my mission completed without having to submit the records, I didnt read and left the instance, couldnt go back in because mission was done. Today I got in fought my way through and submitted the record.

Yet the rest of the mission seems stuck at the subdue agent thing.
    Tried on all difficulties.

I searched the area but the only thing you can use is the examine thing to get some green text which says its a cloacked base.

Fix the mission please.
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2012

- free Prisoners (4/4)
    - disable Generator

Exact same problem here. Went to every area of the Romulan base several times, even climbed as high as I could, thinking there was something I missed. But, I have done everything there is to do and...nothing.

I suppose I'm glad it isn't just me, but this is really frustrating. Sorry you lads are having the same issue. Hope they fix it soon - was fun up to this point...
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just got done running this on my engi toon

didnt have any problems finishing it (got all objectives completed)

my only gripe was the strength of the last bunch of npc's
    within seconds of re-spawning . . . death . . . for my whole away team

after it was all said and done, my toon had about 25 injuries, with multiples of the same ones
  • o4q123o4q123 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same problem as you all. Hope it gets fixed soon. I love New Romulus and have been waiting for a continuation of this storyline.

I bet Cryptic is looking into it. They're an awesome group and will have it fixed ASAP.
    edited November 2012
    I hope the OP tholaron equip is unlocked at a higher tier in the reputation :D When you die all of a sudden you realise there must have been a tholaron mine around that you missed whilst shooting the soldiers.
    edited November 2012
    Weird. Third time worked. I noticed there was a second 'examine device' i did both of these before hitting the other two interactions and prisoners.
  • pilotgodpilotgod Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I too can confirm the above issues. I completed all of the objectives except the "Disrupt Tal Shiar Ops" with the sub-objective of "Subdue Tal Shiar agents". I have searched the map for over 20 minutes trying to find a NPC that I might have missed, to no avail. This definitely is looking like a bug. The cut scene audio mix up occured for me as well.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For those who have completed this:

How do you "submit recording" - and who do you submit said recording to?

All my mission log says is: secret shuttle codes - submit recording - Go to Mountain Pass...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • raisencain1raisencain1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here too :confused:
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Yup, the mission is bugged just like boldly they rode.
  • grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    same bug here.

Also what's with the difficulty on these mobs? how is it ok to have to respawn about 20 times?

I can't remember Picard respawning even once in the series.
  • gong1fu1pandagong1fu1panda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dareau wrote: »
    For those who have completed this:

How do you "submit recording" - and who do you submit said recording to?

All my mission log says is: secret shuttle codes - submit recording - Go to Mountain Pass...

Watch the video, then go back and forth in front of the shuttle. The button to submit the recording will eventually appear.
  • captaindallascaptaindallas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012

- free Prisoners (4/4)
    - disable Generator

Same here....what gives?

Attempted mission several times both KDF & Fed, same result.
    Read through and red again this thread and nothing of any help here, how come some claim that they have completed it? and what did they do/change to allow successful completion?
  • grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just completed the mission on my kdf toon on normal difficulty and teamed up with another player, it was almost easy. now back to my fed to try again on advanced, if it won't work i try normal difficulty too.